Topic Stats

• 6,408 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by pghpinfan
  • Topic is favorited by 204 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,099 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C6B3280F-AF9F-4862-A6DE-EA3D33097275 (resized).png
420BA101-CA21-42FE-965C-0B380D5ECB56 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
E7367DE8-9DED-48DD-976F-2D733533B12E (resized).jpeg
80A7184A-8EC8-435C-951A-9D4330E62740 (resized).jpeg
88198D96-9A0D-4A27-90F7-6F427F9D98B2 (resized).jpeg
AFM Left VUK with arrow (resized).jpg
F4EBE96D-D3F4-49B8-A492-0426703346AC (resized).jpeg
IMG_3950 (resized).jpg
IMG_4641 white (resized).jpg
IMG_4638 white (resized).jpg
20190201_200537 (resized).jpg
1D2387EC-7EDC-4B13-AC78-69DB919FA0FB (resized).jpeg
IMG_6798 (resized).jpg
IMG_1398 (resized).JPG
CD0F43FB-069A-4983-B9C9-1BA666B84A64 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 6408 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 129.
#6101 81 days ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

It is not just you and you are not missing anything. You do not have to remove the bolts to fit the mirrored blades. We have had a couple of sets like that, the hole in the blades is not in the correct position. Get another set from who ever you bought them from.

You DOhave to remove the hinge bolts on AFMr and any bw game. The bolt is what holds the mirror blade to the cabinet. The bolt also sits proud of the cabinet unlike a stern, which sits flush. You are correct that The mirror blades he has appear to be drilled incorrectly.

image (resized).jpg
#6102 81 days ago

Getting ready to join this club. Just bought a beautiful AFMrLE from a friend, doesn't she look beautiful? And I've read this plays almost identical to the original as far how the flippers and shots feel right? Any tips/suggestions?

46495600_1931721376910805_9075924959179571200_n (resized).jpg46514424_211616259732480_7598706859351998464_n (resized).jpg46519759_311738136328648_7127375022280146944_n (resized).jpg46519840_503916046761543_7985356196343185408_n (resized).jpg46521750_2200789673491726_7544096698075709440_n (resized).jpg46745655_277928226196343_1998225270946922496_n (resized).jpg
#6103 81 days ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

Hi there- just completed another batch of Eat at Eddy's. I'm trying to gauge interest in another batch before Christmas- this one sold out quickly.
Let me know if you were hoping to get one and didn't.

I didnt get one and they are sold out.

#6104 81 days ago

I have four sets of Pingraffix AFMr powebladez left. Pingraffix is sold out of them so if anyone is looking for them, we have them. $4.99 shipping.

https://lermods.com/products/attack-from-mars-remake-powerbladez-by-pingraffix

#6105 81 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You DOhave to remove the hinge bolts on AFMr and any bw game. The bolt is what holds the mirror blade to the cabinet. The bolt also sits proud of the cabinet unlike a stern, which sits flush. You are correct that The mirror blades he has appear to be drilled incorrectly.
[quoted image]

Sorry about that. I get the guy that makes ours to cut bigger holes so we do not have to remove the bolts! much easier to fit.

#6106 81 days ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Post #5588 has a nice pic of the whole field with the mod. Was looking at it myself.

Thank you!

#6107 81 days ago

Just successfully installed my first pinball mod. Thanks Lermods! Now my beer can stay close!

Now if only Cointaker would respond to my email about the misfit mirror blades they sold me.

20181129_181300 (resized).jpg
#6108 81 days ago

Not sure if this is a normal thing now or not, but my classic edition has RGB lights in the main saucer. The feature matrix indicates this is only on the SE and LE models. Happy surprise for us.

#6109 81 days ago

Are your saucers matte grey or shiny silver?

#6110 81 days ago
Quoted from Budman:

Are your saucers matte grey or shiny silver?

Pretty sure they are the matte finish. They don't look like the shiny ones I have seen in some pics.

#6111 81 days ago

If the default is "Martian Champion LFS=20 Martians Destroyed" and the only way to clear it is to beat it, why is there a setting (A.4 19) for adjusting the Alien Champion minimum down to 5?

#6112 80 days ago

Hello just got my '96 Attack yesterday, have some problem with Motor lights and are locking for some answers, Mar"t"ian l motor, c motor, r motor, c ramp arroe not working. Strangely right loop arrow and left|right top lane are working.

Any hints? The bulps are all ok.

#6113 80 days ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

If the default is "Martian Champion LFS=20 Martians Destroyed" and the only way to clear it is to beat it, why is there a setting (A.4 19) for adjusting the Alien Champion minimum down to 5?

If it's in the H.S.T.D. section. Try lowering it. Go back to attract mode, and then follow the directions on the side of your diagnostic switches to reset high scores.

LTG : )

#6114 80 days ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

I just picked up an LE, and the eyes on mine are identical to yours as far as being so dim you can barely tell if they're lit. I've searched through owner pictures and others do seem to be brighter, but I'm not sure what's affecting it as of yet.

Update me if you discover anything, and I'll do the same. I haven't had a chance to try and get into the topper to see if they're even replaceable. It does feel like they should at least be bright, given how he's the focus of the topper.

Flashing would be a nice mod, too... You could connect the control to the line that runs the center domes on the topper saucers.

#6115 80 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

If it's in the H.S.T.D. section. Try lowering it. Go back to attract mode, and then follow the directions on the side of your diagnostic switches to reset high scores.

The score to become the new Alien Champion setting in A.4 19 can be lowered to 5. The display "Martian Champion LFS=20 Martians Destroyed" starts at 20. Say you beat it 25, then 30, 40. But It will never go below 20 because as far as I can tell, there is no way to reset it. So, why have a setting that sets it to lower than 20? I hope I'm missing something.

#6116 80 days ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Not sure if this is a normal thing now or not, but my classic edition has RGB lights in the main saucer. The feature matrix indicates this is only on the SE and LE models. Happy surprise for us.

Bonus! They must have ran out of the single LED boards.

#6117 80 days ago

Hi there- just completed another batch of Eat at Eddy's. I'm trying to gauge interest in another batch before Christmas- this one sold out quickly.

I want one and am 59th in line I guess from your website

#6118 80 days ago

It would be great if we could order by a certain date, send $ and they make a run to fill those orders.

#6119 80 days ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Bonus! They must have ran out of the single LED boards.

Nice surprise for sure.

Also got the GC score on mine today when previously I couldn't even get on the board.... stock high score settings.

After working with Lloyd and the guys at CGC support I have most everything working well. Only thing I am still seeing is odd left orbit shots. Hard shots like to rattle around in there and trickle back out. May drop the flipper strength another point or two. The flippers feel pretty good for most everything else though.

#6120 80 days ago
Quoted from monte_:

I didnt get one and they are sold out.

Yep same, thought I actually had a chance this time, but guess not. Just don't always have time to get on to the thread every day during the week . Reset and wait again I guess...

#6121 79 days ago
Quoted from ctviss:

Same here with mine. If I set the backbox brightness to MAX or -1 I can hear a soft fuzz when in attract mode (when I'm playing I can't hear the static/buzz at all), but if I adjust the backbox brightness down it gets progressively worse; -2 is more static-y and -3 causes more of a high-pitched buzz, which sucks because -3 would be the perfect setting for me. MIN is only slightly noisier than MAX. I may poke around inside to see if it's a grounding issue, but I'll probably end up opening a ticket with CGC.
BTW, if you adjust your backbox brightness, is there a difference between MAX and -1? For me, there is zero difference.

I have this exact problem as well. Any resolution from CGC?

#6122 79 days ago

I’m still looking as well. Thanks

#6123 79 days ago

I want one eventually. I keep missing it when they're in stock.

#6124 78 days ago

Want one also.

#6125 78 days ago

Also planning to buy Eddy mod once I see it in stock.

#6126 78 days ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

I have this exact problem as well. Any resolution from CGC?

I haven't opened a ticket yet due to being busy. Hopefully I'll check it out next weekend and if I can't find anything wrong I'll submit a ticket and report back. Thanks for the reminder, though!

EDIT: I have a question for anyone... did you get a color flyer with your machine? I've read about some people getting them (and collecting them), but I didn't get one. Just thought I should see if most people here got one before asking my distributor for one. Thanks.

#6127 78 days ago
Quoted from ctviss:

I haven't opened a ticket yet due to being busy. Hopefully I'll check it out next weekend and if I can't find anything wrong I'll submit a ticket and report back. Thanks for the reminder, though!
EDIT: I have a question for anyone... did you get a color flyer with your machine? I've read about some people getting them (and collecting them), but I didn't get one. Just thought I should see if most people here got one before asking my distributor for one. Thanks.

I got mine at TPF.

#6128 77 days ago

Here is the process for those interested in the Eddy building. We have opened a pre-order on the site. Batches will take approximately 2-3 weeks.
You can order on the site now- all those currently on the waiting list have been notified of the pre-order via email. If you have not received an email, feel free to order on the site.
The email notification system is supposed to help us plan production. Unfortunately, the list doesn't always track who has purchased nor does it recognize when one person puts in four different email addresses or when someone has changed their mind. This is the reason we've decided to do pre-order- this will help those who are ready to buy get into the line officially.

Please email me at support@mezelmods.com if you have questions about the preorder! Thanks for your patience while we work through these next two batches.

#6129 77 days ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Getting ready to join this club. Just bought a beautiful AFMrLE from a friend, doesn't she look beautiful? And I've read this plays almost identical to the original as far how the flippers and shots feel right? Any tips/suggestions?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'd like to share that photo of the playfield if you wouldn't mind- would be helpful for people to see what it looks like in the LE!

#6130 77 days ago

It’s picked up an AFMr yesterday. It is not an LE but has the big display, its awesome.

Okay, where do I get the topper...I understand it’s for the LE only and requires a board of some kind...any options available? Thanks!

#6131 77 days ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It’s picked up an AFMr yesterday. It is not an LE but has the big display, its awesome.
Okay, where do I get the topper...I understand it’s for the LE only and requires a board of some kind...any options available? Thanks!

You need the topper and the topper board. Check eBay. I haven't seen many for sale - as you can imagine, they are great

#6132 76 days ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

The score to become the new Alien Champion setting in A.4 19 can be lowered to 5. The display "Martian Champion LFS=20 Martians Destroyed" starts at 20. Say you beat it 25, then 30, 40. But It will never go below 20 because as far as I can tell, there is no way to reset it. So, why have a setting that sets it to lower than 20? I hope I'm missing something.

per CGC, if you reset the H.S.T.D. in U.3, the Martian Champion default displayed will become whatever number you set in A.4 19. So if you made it 5, the display will now show LFS = 5. Verified, and just following up to close this one.

#6133 76 days ago
Quoted from pintechev:

You need the topper and the topper board. Check eBay. I haven't seen many for sale - as you can imagine, they are great

Any knock offs available? Something similar perhaps

#6134 76 days ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Any knock offs available? Something similar perhaps

The trick is the motion interactivity. There are great toppers out there, but the trick would be to make it interactive. Lemme think on it.

#6135 76 days ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

per CGC, if you reset the H.S.T.D. in U.3, the Martian Champion default displayed will become whatever number you set in A.4 19. So if you made it 5, the display will now show LFS = 5. Verified,

That will reset all High Scores he might have put up on the game and return them to initial factory high scores.

#6136 74 days ago

I am not at my AFMR game right now, so I am hoping someone can let know how many balls AFMR has? I was about to put an order in for some Ball Baron Ninja balls, but couldn't recall if it was 4 (or more) balls. Thank you

#6137 74 days ago

Four

#6139 73 days ago

Just ordered the Eat at Eddy’s mod.... only two left now in this current batch!

#6140 73 days ago
Quoted from Budman:

Just ordered the Eat at Eddy’s mod.... only two left now in this current batch!

Same here, down to one now!

#6141 72 days ago

mine is on the way

#6142 72 days ago

Hi all,

I have noticed that the flipper strength (and slingshot strength) varies quite a bit on my AFMr. I suspect that it's tied to the line voltage, the times I have really powerful flippers tends to correlate with when my gut feel says the neighborhood power draw is less. Anyone else noticing similar issues? I recall a similar effect with the classic WMS machines, but this one feels a little more exaggerated.

#6143 72 days ago
Quoted from AfmRoTU:

Hi all,
I have noticed that the flipper strength (and slingshot strength) varies quite a bit on my AFMr. I suspect that it's tied to the line voltage, the times I have really powerful flippers tends to correlate with when my gut feel says the neighborhood power draw is less. Anyone else noticing similar issues? I recall a similar effect with the classic WMS machines, but this one feels a little more exaggerated.

I have mine on a variac because of this.

#6144 72 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I have mine on a variac because of this.

Can you post details about your variac. I remember seeing you on the Houdini thread. Thanks

#6145 71 days ago

Mezelmods' ordering page for the Eat at Eddies Building was screwed up when I tried to order. Sucks for me, I guess...

Still love my AFMr though!

#6146 71 days ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Can you post details about your variac. I remember seeing you on the Houdini thread. Thanks

I bought a couple of them and found them very useful.
You can find all the info in the Houdini thread.

#6147 71 days ago

I bought a couple of them and found them very useful.
You can find all the info in the Houdini thread.

Mind my newbness, but with a variac, you can control the power output?

So a game would get the correct and consistent power?

#6148 71 days ago
Quoted from Damien:

Mind my newbness, but with a variac, you can control the power output?
So a game would get the correct and consistent power?

Variac sets the power. You use a voltmeter for this.

The power to the game will not go above the variac settings.

But if the power goes lower than your setting the variac will not add power.

You would need a more expensive buck/boost power supply for this.
Similar to the power supply upgrade API sold me for my houdini.

Houdini is no longer on the variac.

So basically you set the variac at the lowest your power seems to go.

I found the lowest power from reading a wall outlet voltmeter over a period of a couple months.

In my case 115v.

Then adjust the game settings so it plays right at 115v.

My hobbit and afmr play perfectly now and are very predictable.

#6149 71 days ago

Variac sets the power. You use a voltmeter for this.
The power to the game will not go above the variac settings.
But if the power goes lower than your setting the variac will not add power.
You would need a more expensive buck/boost power supply for this.
Similar to the power supply upgrade API sold me for my houdini.
Houdini is no longer on the variac.
So basically you set the variac at the lowest your power seems to go.
I found the lowest power from reading a wall outlet voltmeter over a period of a couple months.
In my case 115v.
Then adjust the game settings so it plays right at 115v.
My hobbit and afmr play perfectly now and are very predictable.

When you say the play "perfectly", what is that diffence that you notice?

#6150 71 days ago
Quoted from Damien:

When you say the play "perfectly", what is that diffence that you notice?

No variations in settings or game play from day to day.

Very predictable.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 3.70
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 50.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
7,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 6,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Machine - For Sale
Itasca, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6408 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 129.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside