pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 212.
#6051 5 years ago
Quoted from ctviss:

Most important are to make sure you have the v2.0 SOL PIC and the non-cracking plastics. Most machines will probably be trouble-free besides those common issues.

Great advice. Check that you have the V2 pic immediately if not sooner.

#6052 5 years ago
Quoted from ctviss:

Yep, just play it and you'll find any potential issues quickly. But check out the technical thread. The first post has some initial things to check out:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-technical-thread
Most important are to make sure you have the v2.0 SOL PIC and the non-cracking plastics. Most machines will probably be trouble-free besides those common issues.

Mine has a manufacture date of June 2018. I am assuming the 2.0 SOL PIC is written on a chip in the backbox and will check when I get home. How do I check plastics?

#6053 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Mine has a manufacture date of June 2018. I am assuming the 2.0 SOL PIC is written on a chip in the backbox and will check when I get home. How do I check plastics?

There will be a sticker on chip, can't miss it. Just look at plastics close and see if you see any cracks in the ink. I'm guessing with a June 2018 build your fine on both. Enjoy the game!

#6054 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Pinball machines should be plugged directly into the wall.
Almost everything, including lightweight extension cords throttle back current or power.
Settings within the game will help to adjust for power variations.
But if your power continually changes while you are playing a game, it can be compensated for with a variac.
Otherwise you spend all of your time adjusting instead of playing.

I always thought plugging directly into the wall without surge protection was a huge no-no?

#6055 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I always thought plugging directly into the wall without surge protection was a huge no-no?

All my games are plugged into a surge protector.....I have zero issues.

#6056 5 years ago

Pretty sure when I had my game plug directly into the wall I was hitting that ramp shot more consistently. When I get some time I'm going to take it out of the surge protector and go back directly into the wall to see if that changes anything.

#6057 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Pretty sure when I had my game plug directly into the wall I was hitting that ramp shot more consistently. When I get some time I'm going to take it out of the surge protector and go back directly into the wall to see if that changes anything.

A lot of intermediate devices between the game and the wall rob power.

For example, if using an extension cord the wire size should be the same or larger than the game AC cord for a single game.

If the device has full current flow and the proper size wire it should be ok.

Usually on the newer games, you can adjust for deficiencies.

Early games dont have this capability, so power can be an issue.

#6058 5 years ago

A lot of intermediate devices between the game and the wall rob power.
If they have full current flow and the proper size wire they should be ok.
Usually on the newer games, you can adjust for deficiencies.
Early games dont have this capability, so power can be an issue.

I'm going to blame power issues for not having reached SDMEWM on TSPP!

#6059 5 years ago

I am assuming the 2.0 SOL PIC is written on a chip

Either on it, or no label. If it has any number lower than 2.0 on it, don't alter coil settings until you get 2.0 in it. Contact your distributor to get it. Or chicago-gaming.com and open a ticket on the help desk under Support.

LTG : )

#6060 5 years ago

What type of mirror blades should I get for my SE? I'm ready for my first pinball mod as I really like the look of the mirror blades in the LE. If somebody could post a link to the exact type you purchased it would be most helpful. I can find Bally/Williams ones online but don't see any specific to Chicago Gaming remakes.

Also. After mirror blades are installed are they removable? I'd take them out of the machine to put in another down the road when I trade it out in a year or so if I could do it without them looking like garbage.

The second mod is going to be a pincup!

Hoping I can find a Black Friday deal on these as I am ordering tomorrow.

Thanks!

#6061 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Either on it, or no label. If it has any number lower than 2.0 on it, don't alter coil settings until you get 2.0 in it. Contact your distributor to get it. Or chicago-gaming.com and open a ticket on the help desk under Support.

Okay, my pin clearly has the 2.0 chip. How do you fine tune coil settings? I see standard settings from the menu in the coin door. Are there advanced settings someplace? Thanks!

#6062 5 years ago

What type of mirror blades should I get for my SE? I'm ready for my first pinball mod as I really like the look of the mirror blades in the LE. If somebody could post a link to the exact type you purchased it would be most helpful. I can find Bally/Williams ones online but don't see any specific to Chicago Gaming remakes.
Also. After mirror blades are installed are they removable? I'd take them out of the machine to put in another down the road when I trade it out in a year or so if I could do it without them looking like garbage.
The second mod is going to be a pincup!
Hoping I can find a Black Friday deal on these as I am ordering tomorrow.
Thanks!

I have the ones from cointaker on mine. They are the same for any bw game, doesn’t matter if it’s a remake.

You can get regular pincups from pinball life or if you want a more custom cup, we have them.

https://lermods.com/products/attack-from-mars-remake-pinball-machine-pingulp-cupholder-b25b604a-00ca-4f7e-b631-b4e377fff0f9

#6063 5 years ago

Okay, my pin clearly has the 2.0 chip. How do you fine tune coil settings? I see standard settings from the menu in the coin door. Are there advanced settings someplace? Thanks!

Hold the far left button for a few seconds to access the CGC menu and the game specific settings.

#6064 5 years ago

Sorry if this has been asked before but can you adjust the display(how big the dots are) on the LE like you can on the LCD color displays?

#6065 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have the ones from cointaker on mine. They are the same for any bw game, doesn’t matter if it’s a remake.
You can get regular pincups from pinball life or if you want a more custom cup, we have them.
https://lermods.com/products/attack-from-mars-remake-pinball-machine-pingulp-cupholder-b25b604a-00ca-4f7e-b631-b4e377fff0f9

Ordered from cointaker and Lemrod. Thanks!

#6066 5 years ago

How do you fine tune coil settings?

Page 1-10 in the manual. Or :

#6067 5 years ago

Hello -

I finally purchased my new SE, and this 122 page topic has been very helpful. As I learn the game, etc. it's been great to have a place here to search as well as google, Manual, etc. However some things I can't find that I'm hoping are just simple for folks here:

How do I change (or not possible?) the messages in between games? I have the custom message set, but what about:

Martian Champion LFS=20 Martians Destroyed
Ruler of the Universe TEX Inaugurated
Attack from Mars Questions? Comments? email...
So No to Drugs?
Grand Champion? It always says SLL 7.5B, even after reset (enter button for 5 sec. and cleared the backup).

Keith

#6068 5 years ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

Hello -
I finally purchased my new SE, and this 122 page topic has been very helpful. As I learn the game, etc. it's been great to have a place here to search as well as google, Manual, etc. However some things I can't find that I'm hoping are just simple for folks here:
How do I change (or not possible?) the messages in between games? I have the custom message set, but what about:
Martian Champion LFS=20 Martians Destroyed
Ruler of the Universe TEX Inaugurated
Attack from Mars Questions? Comments? email...
So No to Drugs?
Grand Champion? It always says SLL 7.5B, even after reset (enter button for 5 sec. and cleared the backup).
Keith

First welcome to Pinside.
To get the default scores off your machine, play the game and beat those scores and place your own initials there.
You will get there pretty quickly after playing for a short time.

#6069 5 years ago

Thank you - seems like a good group!

Yes, I have the high scores, but can the grand champion be reset?

#6070 5 years ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

Yes, I have the high scores, but can the grand champion be reset?

Go into Adjustments - H.S.T.D. , you can lower some in there, and when done follow the directions on the side of the four diagnostic buttons to reset high scores.

#6071 5 years ago

I think I have it - A.4 03 Champion H.S.T.D. - Set this to Off should do it. I must have overlooked that setting.

What's up with the Just Say No to Drugs? Looks like that might be permanent, but then I saw someone deleted the "No" in a screen shot here, so it must be able to be changed somewhere?

#6072 5 years ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

What's up with the Just Say No to Drugs? Looks like that might be permanent, but then I saw someone deleted the "No" in a screen shot here, so it must be able to be changed somewhere?

Years ago somebody came up with a hacked ROM replacing some of that message with an equal number of letters. No idea who or how.

And since your game doesn't have ROMs, no changing it.

#6073 5 years ago

Bought to place a titan competition rubber order during their sale. Any suggestions on colors that look best on an LE?

#6074 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Bought to place a titan competition rubber order during their sale. Any suggestions on colors that look best on an LE?

These are superband translucent green. Comet rings on the bumpers was also a great investment. Really lights up under the pops and the ring looks great. The trough lights are now on both my machines. The backlights are also great, illuminates the back art beautifully. I will post my Titans for you on the DI page for that machine.

4D580BCD-CC0B-43A2-AF46-362AEEA6A275 (resized).jpeg4D580BCD-CC0B-43A2-AF46-362AEEA6A275 (resized).jpegB0E05812-EF42-462B-9154-2ACFC2168DF8 (resized).jpegB0E05812-EF42-462B-9154-2ACFC2168DF8 (resized).jpegB983AF9A-57EA-4411-8141-CCDC9381B471 (resized).jpegB983AF9A-57EA-4411-8141-CCDC9381B471 (resized).jpegF29EBE53-1848-45EB-96F4-86830160C0AE (resized).jpegF29EBE53-1848-45EB-96F4-86830160C0AE (resized).jpeg
#6075 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

That is the information I needed, a brand and model. I will get my wife to order one from somewhere here in Aus and try it out.
I find it very interesting that the voltage changes affect each game differently. EG. TAF flipper strength goes up or down. IMDNLE, AFMrLE plunger strength becomes inconsistent. Some games you do not notice any changes.
Thanks very much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Just noticed your post. I haven't had a single issue with my AFMrLE, plays exactly like my original AFM in regards to flippers, plunger, and general coil strength. A little surprised you're having power related hassles like that here in Aus. My Houdini similarly has no issues.

#6076 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

These are superband translucent green. Comet rings on the bumpers was also a great investment. Really lights up under the pops and the ring looks great. The trough lights are now on both my machines. The backlights are also great, illuminates the back art beautifully. I will post my Titans for you on the DI page for that machine.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice pics! Translucent green looks awesome....too bad Titan doesn't offer that color (just solid green and clear), though they do have a UV glow color that might be interesting on AFM. Those pop bumpers look really good too. I was going to do a comet order as well.

What color did you use for the popbumpers? Natural white/Natural white?

#6077 5 years ago

A shout out to my AFMr LE distributor here in Aus.. Mr Pinball ... drop target stopped popping up, .. and turns out a wire was broken, and soldering fix was beyond my meagre skills,.. (a tricky one),.. I think CGC were a bit surprised that not everyone is a gun at soldering.

Wayne and crew at Mr Pinball managed to get it all sorted out, .. no fuss. I am now,.. returning too battle.

Btw, happily the way this game is designed, if the drop target doesn't work and stays down,.. the game is still very playable.

#6078 5 years ago

OK..here is another quick question. From Titanpinball's site....it says:

The Ultraviolet LEDs output light that reacts with anything containing phosphors. This means day glow playfield inks such as Monter Bash, Attack from Mars and others have the potential to fluoresce under UV light. The Titan Pinball Glow in the Dark Competition Silicone Rings reacr with these bulbs. Check out the pictures below.

AFM_glow-800x800 (resized).jpgAFM_glow-800x800 (resized).jpg

I held a flashlight to the playfield inks and they didn't glow? Do they only react with blacklights or..with these special UV leds? Do AFMRs have the special reactive playfield ink?

#6079 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

A shout out to my AFMr LE distributor here in Aus.. Mr Pinball ... drop target stopped popping up, .. and turns out a wire was broken, and soldering fix was beyond my meagre skills,.. (a tricky one),.. I think CGC were a bit surprised that not everyone is a gun at soldering.
Wayne and crew at Mr Pinball managed to get it all sorted out, .. no fuss. I am now,.. returning too battle.
Btw, happily the way this game is designed, if the drop target doesn't work and stays down,.. the game is still very playable.

I’m rubbish at soldering too, so this is good to know

#6080 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Years ago somebody came up with a hacked ROM replacing some of that message with an equal number of letters. No idea who or how.
And since your game doesn't have ROMs, no changing it.

Thank you.

I was unable to find that info via Google when I searched, so maybe you could share your search criteria that found it for you so we all can learn?

Is there any way to clear TEX as the default Ruler of the Universe, or do you just have to become the Ruler though play?

#6081 5 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Just noticed your post. I haven't had a single issue with my AFMrLE, plays exactly like my original AFM in regards to flippers, plunger, and general coil strength. A little surprised you're having power related hassles like that here in Aus. My Houdini similarly has no issues.

We have only had this issue since we fitted a Tesla Powerwall 2. The Powerwall controller isolates the house from the grid when the battery has charge to run the house. When on battery or solar power, the voltage can vary from 220V - 240V depending on load and how much power the solar panels are making. On mains power we are a constant 245V. Tesla are doing their best to resolve the issue for us with firmware updates. Tesla are yet to confirm if we can run a voltage regulator on our pinnys. We are lucky enough to have some super switched on pinsiders (pinballinreno) that suggested a voltage regulator. We bought one, switched the house to main power only, turned the voltage down and all the older games (BWs) and Stern SAM) lost flipper power. New games not as bad.

We have no issues with any of our games when we are running on mains power.

#6082 5 years ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

Thank you.
I was unable to find that info via Google when I searched, so maybe you could share your search criteria that found it for you so we all can learn?
Is there any way to clear TEX as the default Ruler of the Universe, or do you just have to become the Ruler though play?

Lloyd's search criteria is his mind. Like a lot if us, he lived it.
No Google necessary lol.

The default game scores are there for you to aspire to.

It's fun to finally beat all of the preset high scres.

The TEX score for RTU seems impossible until you beat it lol.

#6083 5 years ago

curse you tex

#6084 5 years ago

Lloyd's search criteria is his mind. Like a lot if us, he lived it.
No Google necessary lol.
The default game scores are there for you to aspire to.
It's fun to finally beat all of the preset high scres.

oh, I see, makes sense. Thank you. I'm really enjoying the new remake so far - will get the high scores eventually.

#6085 5 years ago

Quoted from Lermods:I have the ones from cointaker on mine. They are the same for any bw game, doesn’t matter if it’s a remake.
Ordered from cointaker and Lemrod. Thanks!

I got my side mirrors in and either they don't fit, I'm doing something wrong, or Cointaker sent me a bum set. I ordered the Bally/Williams DMD Mirror Blades and they look like they should fit, but when you take the side bolts out of the cabinet and try and install the mirrors the hole doesn't line up right. They are like a quarter of an inch off. If I try and move the hole up the top of the mirror hits the top of the backbox and it just does not fit. If there is something easy I am messing up please let me know. Bad pictures attached.

I am trying to put these in an AFMr SE.

Order Summary

Bally/Williams DMD Mirror Blades
SKU: B/W Mirror Blades

20181127_201902 (resized).jpg20181127_201902 (resized).jpg20181127_203315 (resized).jpg20181127_203315 (resized).jpg
#6086 5 years ago

it's very hard to see what's going on from your pics. If you line the hole up, where is it off? Is it at the glass channel where it is too high or is it hitting the back area? Are the blades touching the back area so you have no play at all? My blades came from cointaker and were a direct fit, no modification needed.

#6087 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

it's very hard to see what's going on from your pics. If you line the hole up, where is it off? Is it at the glass channel where it is too high or is it hitting the back area? Are the blades touching the back area so you have no play at all? My blades came from cointaker and were a direct fit, no modification needed.

It's hard to take pictures of mirrors. I can't raise the blade up because it will hit the top of the playfield back box. It also looks like the blades would stick up a little above the channel where the glass goes. I think I'm going to have to email cointaker.

#6088 5 years ago

Did some searches, but couldn't find anything related to this... Are the topper martian sculpture's eyes on the LE supposed to flash or do anything besides stay just barely illuminated all the time?

I actually thought they were unlit (just "jewels") until I cupped my hand around his noggin tonight. Turns out there's just barely light coming out of them - the right one even dimmer than the left. Searched the menus for something that would test-trigger them, but came up empty. (The saucer and city lights on the topper have their own settings in the "five second menu".)

With everything else so bright on the game, I was surprised to find this. Is it as designed?

181128-CAM00906 (resized).jpg181128-CAM00906 (resized).jpg

p.s. - I love the topper. I don't care what anyone says... Way better than special artwork, or whatever you get for your hard-earned LE cash on most games recently. ATAAAAAAAACK!

#6089 5 years ago
Quoted from meeotch:

Are the topper martian sculpture's eyes on the LE supposed to flash or do anything besides stay just barely illuminated all the time?

No, just lit.

#6090 5 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I received my new AFMr SE yesterday and got it all setup. My first pinball machine!

I have a quick question. When installing the backboard, the screws were very tight. I certainly could have turned them more but wasn't sure if this was as far as they should go (pic attached). Should I screw them in all the way?

Thanks!
-Aaron

IMG_2206 (resized).jpgIMG_2206 (resized).jpgIMG_2216 (resized).jpgIMG_2216 (resized).jpg
#6091 5 years ago

Aaron,

Congrats on your new machine!

Yes, the wingnuts should be tightened all the way down. Take care that you have not accidentally crossed the threads. Back the nuts off and look for any disturbed threads on both the bolt and nut.

If things look OK, then maybe add a little soap (bar soap) as a lubricant to help break through any friction.

Good luck!

#6092 5 years ago
Quoted from amkirk:

I have a quick question. When installing the backboard, the screws were very tight. I certainly could have turned them more but wasn't sure if this was as far as they should go (pic attached). Should I screw them in all the way?

It's not just you... I couldn't get min screwed in all the way either.

#6093 5 years ago

It's not just you... I couldn't get min screwed in all the way either.

Good to know. I could certainly do more but I typically stop when a screw feels 'snug'.

Quoted from markp99:

Yes, the wingnuts should be tightened all the way down. Take care that you have not accidentally crossed the threads. Back the nuts off and look for any disturbed threads on both the bolt and nut.
If things look OK, then maybe add a little soap (bar soap) as a lubricant to help break through any friction.

I'm pretty sure they're not crossed but I'll check before I screw them in tight.

Thanks!

#6094 5 years ago

https://mezelmods.com/products/attack-from-mars-pinball-eat-at-eddys-building

Eat At Eddy's building mod is back in stock. Last time it sold out in a hour or so. Happy to have finally snagged one and highly suggest you do too!

#6095 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

https://mezelmods.com/products/attack-from-mars-pinball-eat-at-eddys-building
Eat At Eddy's building mod is back in stock. Last time it sold out in a hour or so. Happy to have finally snagged one and highly suggest you do too!

Grabbed one, thanks!

#6096 5 years ago
Quoted from meeotch:

Did some searches, but couldn't find anything related to this...
I actually thought they were unlit (just "jewels") until I cupped my hand around his noggin tonight. Turns out there's just barely light coming out of them - the right one even dimmer than the left. Searched the menus for something that would test-trigger them, but came up empty. (The saucer and city lights on the topper have their own settings in the "five second menu".)
With everything else so bright on the game, I was surprised to find this. Is it as designed?

I just picked up an LE, and the eyes on mine are identical to yours as far as being so dim you can barely tell if they're lit. I've searched through owner pictures and others do seem to be brighter, but I'm not sure what's affecting it as of yet.

#6097 5 years ago

I got my side mirrors in and either they don't fit, I'm doing something wrong, or Cointaker sent me a bum set. I ordered the Bally/Williams DMD Mirror Blades and they look like they should fit, but when you take the side bolts out of the cabinet and try and install the mirrors the hole doesn't line up right. They are like a quarter of an inch off. If I try and move the hole up the top of the mirror hits the top of the backbox and it just does not fit. If there is something easy I am messing up please let me know. Bad pictures attached.
I am trying to put these in an AFMr SE.
Order Summary
Bally/Williams DMD Mirror Blades
SKU: B/W Mirror Blades
[quoted image][quoted image]

It is not just you and you are not missing anything. You do not have to remove the bolts to fit the mirrored blades. We have had a couple of sets like that, the hole in the blades is not in the correct position. Get another set from who ever you bought them from.

#6098 5 years ago

Picked up my Eat at Eddy’s mod...don’t even have possession of my AFMLE yet! Lol.
Does someone have a full pic of the play field with this mod installed rather than the close up on Tim’s site?
Thanks in advance!

#6099 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Picked up my Eat at Eddy’s mod...don’t even have possession of my AFMLE yet! Lol.
Does someone have a full pic of the play field with this mod installed rather than the close up on Tim’s site?
Thanks in advance!

Post #5588 has a nice pic of the whole field with the mod. Was looking at it myself.

#6100 5 years ago

Hi there- just completed another batch of Eat at Eddy's. I'm trying to gauge interest in another batch before Christmas- this one sold out quickly.
Let me know if you were hoping to get one and didn't.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/122?hl=mrwol64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.