pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 212.
#6001 5 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

More in production! Sorry they went so fast- well, I'm not sorry they went fast but sorry we don't have more now! Soon!

Whoa...they got out of stock that quickly? I was slightly worried that I had waited an hour after getting the notification email to place my order (I was sifting through the rest of the site looking for anything else I might want with the order), and …..it looks like I should have been worried! Glad I still got one though.

#6002 5 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

More in production! Sorry they went so fast- well, I'm not sorry they went fast but sorry we don't have more now! Soon!

You guys hit a home run with that. I can't imagine mine without it now. What makes this a great mod, is that it looks like its supposed to be there.

#6003 5 years ago

Bummer. Missed it by an hour. Got an email too but I'm at work. If you miss it, make sure to resign up for their mailing list.

#6004 5 years ago

Putting pinbits protectors on my game and I can't figure out where this one little piece goes. Any ideas?

15419784933957259345121102060634 (resized).jpg15419784933957259345121102060634 (resized).jpg
#6005 5 years ago

No idea. I didn't get that piece when I ordered the fluorescent protector set from them, and I can't see any place that it would fit. The picture on their website shows nine protectors (including that small piece), but the description specifies eight.

#6006 5 years ago

I did my first cleaning of my AFMr, just a standard cleaning with Novus 1.

However....I was hoping it was going to be easier to clean the orbits/pop bumper areas, but....it seems I would need to take off most of the ramp plastics to get back there? Any suggestions on best way to clean the orbit?

#6007 5 years ago
Quoted from ctviss:

No idea. I didn't get that piece when I ordered the fluorescent protector set from them, and I can't see any place that it would fit. The picture on their website shows nine protectors (including that small piece), but the description specifies eight.

I didn't think to look at the pictures of their sets online. Looked up sets for games I own and I actually found this piece shows in TAF so i guess it's a TAF protector. I don't think I ordered a TAF set. Either I did and it somehow got mixed up or I didn't and somehow it got in my order. *shrug*

#6008 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Normal is the way they come from the factory.
Most of the games I have seen are the factory setup.
It's easier to hit the side Martian targets with the factory setup.
Raising them would be a custom approach. The game will play differently than intended.
But it's your game do whatever makes you happy.

I made a slight adjustment to the flipper. Right is factory, left is after adjustment. It makes a big difference to me when it comes to ball control - particularly when it comes to stopping and cradling a ball.

fullsizeoutput_833 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_833 (resized).jpeg
#6009 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Any suggestions on best way to clean the orbit?

I've used a flexible/soft (technical term: "bendy" ) plastic rod with a Novus-soaked cloth attached at the end. I simply push the rod/cloth up and thru the orbit - a few times in both directions. This is mostly only good for for removing dust/grit/grime. Not a replacement for buffing if you're looking to remove/reduce ball trails, etc.

#6010 5 years ago

As I was playing tonight this post mysteriously appeared in my left outlane. For the life of me I can't figure out where it came from. I tried looking at pics on ipdb but no luck. Can anyone help?

20181112_215108 (resized).jpg20181112_215108 (resized).jpg
#6011 5 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

As I was playing tonight this post mysteriously appeared in my left outlane. For the life of me I can't figure out where it came from. I tried looking at pics on ipdb but no luck. Can anyone help?
[quoted image]

93FA029C-E2E9-4638-BA46-2387C42A803D (resized).jpeg93FA029C-E2E9-4638-BA46-2387C42A803D (resized).jpeg
#6012 5 years ago

Should go next to the left Martian I believe. Should have a screw on the bottom.

15420908579846032168610471084106 (resized).jpg15420908579846032168610471084106 (resized).jpg
#6013 5 years ago

Thank you both, that's it.

Any bets on how long it takes me to get the motivation to remove the wire ramp so I can get this fixed?

#6014 5 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

Any bets on how long it takes me to get the motivation to remove the wire ramp so I can get this fixed?

I do hope you throw it in the cash box for the next owner.

LTG : )

#6015 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I do hope you throw it in the cash box for the next owner.
LTG : )

Of course. Along with a few random parts from another game in the bottom of the cabinet just to mess with then.

#6016 5 years ago
Quoted from ctviss:

Can you post a pic with the fluorescent protectors installed? Preferably with lights on AND lights off??

Thanks in advance!!

#6017 5 years ago

Decently new to Pinball...so quick question. Is post passing fairly difficult on this pin? I can post pass no problem on my IMDN, but the ball follows a much different path when I try and post pass on AFMr. Just want to know if post-passing is/isn't feasible depending on the pin...

Also, in my home use environment...I notice a fairly decent amount of...static/ "fuzzy" type noise from the speakers. You know, lets say the speakers are not actively playing a sound, but I can still hear background noise. Definitely louder on the AFMr than the IMDN speakers. Should I check for anything or...is upgrading to flipper fidelity speakers the only way to reduce it?

#6018 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Decently new to Pinball...so quick question. Is post passing fairly difficult on this pin? I can post pass no problem on my IMDN, but the ball follows a much different path when I try and post pass on AFMr. Just want to know if post-passing is/isn't feasible depending on the pin...
Also, in my home use environment...I notice a fairly decent amount of...static/ "fuzzy" type noise from the speakers. You know, lets say the speakers are not actively playing a sound, but I can still hear background noise. Definitely louder on the AFMr than the IMDN speakers. Should I check for anything or...is upgrading to flipper fidelity speakers the only way to reduce it?

Check your volume, check the subwoofer setting.

You can dial it out.

#6019 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Can you post a pic with the fluorescent protectors installed? Preferably with lights on AND lights off??
Thanks in advance!!

This is the best I could do with my phone. The fluorescent protectors sort of give the whole playfield a green glow but IMO it works very well. The glow is subtle until you look directly at one of the GI lights, and then you're like, "Whoa, the martians HAVE landed..." I took these with the camera's flash on except for the last one.

You can also have Pinbits send you a set of red/green fluorescent protectors. Check out the thread here for pictures of what that looks like. I wish I ordered that set, but only because I would have liked to see what the red looks like in person. I'm 100% satisfied with the all-green look. Totally worth it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-pinbits-colored-plastic-protectors

Hopefully they're in order...
1 - Machine off, right sling/return
2 - Machine off, left drop targets
3 - Machine off, mothership
4 - Machine on, GI set to MIN, playfield off
5 - Machine on, GI set to MAX, playfield set to MAX, flash off - this is the closest to how it looks in person but the picture really does not do it justice; my crappy phone's camera took away a lot of the actual fluorescent green/glow of the protectors.

1114181948b (resized).jpg1114181948b (resized).jpg1114181948c (resized).jpg1114181948c (resized).jpg1114181949 (resized).jpg1114181949 (resized).jpg1114181950a (resized).jpg1114181950a (resized).jpg1114181951b (resized).jpg1114181951b (resized).jpg
#6020 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

In my experience, post passing can vary depending on the design of the game, flipper angle, material and age of the rubber parts, etc.

#6021 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Same here with mine. If I set the backbox brightness to MAX or -1 I can hear a soft fuzz when in attract mode (when I'm playing I can't hear the static/buzz at all), but if I adjust the backbox brightness down it gets progressively worse; -2 is more static-y and -3 causes more of a high-pitched buzz, which sucks because -3 would be the perfect setting for me. MIN is only slightly noisier than MAX. I may poke around inside to see if it's a grounding issue, but I'll probably end up opening a ticket with CGC.

BTW, if you adjust your backbox brightness, is there a difference between MAX and -1? For me, there is zero difference.

#6022 5 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

In my experience, post passing can vary depending on the design of the game, flipper angle, material and age of the rubber parts, etc.

OK...so, just curious, on your AFM are you able to post-pass reliably?

#6023 5 years ago
Quoted from ctviss:

BTW, if you adjust your backbox brightness, is there a difference between MAX and -1? For me, there is zero difference.

No..they are exactly the same for me.

Quoted from ctviss:

Same here with mine. If I set the backbox brightness to MAX or -1 I can hear a soft fuzz when in attract mode (when I'm playing I can't hear the static/buzz at all), but if I adjust the backbox brightness down it gets progressively worse; -2 is more static-y and -3 causes more of a high-pitched buzz, which sucks because -3 would be the perfect setting for me. MIN is only slightly noisier than MAX. I may poke around inside to see if it's a grounding issue, but I'll probably end up opening a ticket with CGC.

Whoa...this is exactly what is happening. On Max and -1....I just get normal speaker sound, no "buzzing" (max and -1 are the same brightness so same sound coming out of the speaker). As soon as I go to -2 the buzzing comes back. -3 for me....is a higher pitched buzzing...a clearly different tone. Min has the same tone as the -2 setting.

I would really like to have the Min backbox setting....because it has much less glare on the PF glass. IMDN is nice because there is a setting where you can have the backbox be at a different brightness level during gameplay and then back to normal during attract. So...I have it at 10% during gameplay to eliminate glare.

#6024 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Thanks in advance!!

When are you getting your game?

#6025 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

When are you getting your game?

As soon as the GF’s status card comes in! Lol

#6026 5 years ago
Quoted from ctviss:

This is the best I could do with my phone. The fluorescent protectors sort of give the whole playfield a green glow but IMO it works very well. The glow is subtle until you look directly at one of the GI lights, and then you're like, "Whoa, the martians HAVE landed..." I took these with the camera's flash on except for the last one.
You can also have Pinbits send you a set of red/green fluorescent protectors. Check out the thread here for pictures of what that looks like. I wish I ordered that set, but only because I would have liked to see what the red looks like in person. I'm 100% satisfied with the all-green look. Totally worth it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-pinbits-colored-plastic-protectors
Hopefully they're in order...
1 - Machine off, right sling/return
2 - Machine off, left drop targets
3 - Machine off, mothership
4 - Machine on, GI set to MIN, playfield off
5 - Machine on, GI set to MAX, playfield set to MAX, flash off

Thanks for all of the pics and link!

#6027 5 years ago

My SOL hole kick out had been mega inconsistent lately. Sometimes ball rockets out hits the middle of the flipper other times straight down the middle. Any suggestions

#6028 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

My SOL hole kick out had been mega inconsistent lately. Sometimes ball rockets out hits the middle of the flipper other times straight down the middle. Any suggestions

Could be inconsistencies with your power. I have mine on a variac now.

Also something might be loose like a coil stop or even the whole assembly.

#6029 5 years ago

Could be inconsistencies with your power. I have mine on a variac now.
Also something might be loose like a coil stop or even the whole assembly.

To me it acts like a power issue. It droops or it rockets out. I checked coil stops and linkage etc.

#6030 5 years ago

To me it acts like a power issue. It droops or it rockets out. I checked coil stops and linkage etc.

Yes I put my woz and afmr on a variac set to 119v

#6031 5 years ago

Yes I put my woz and afmr on a variac set to 119v

So you think its inconsistent wall power?

#6032 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Having played many AFM machines over the years I would say that is fairly easy to post pass on most of them.

#6033 5 years ago

So you think its inconsistent wall power?

I have terrible power as noted many times on the Houdini thread.

My power goes from 113v to 124v in a single 4 hour session almost daily.

My AFMr at high voltage throws the ball around like crazy and cant even keep it on the wireform.

At low voltage the ball goes SDTM off the SOL every single time and I cant get the ball up the ramp.

One of the joy's of pinball is the "unregulated" power system in the game.

Few, if any, games have power regulation (Houdini might be the first?) to insure even, constant game-play.

So, I put it on a variac at 118 or 119v, adjusted all of the game settings and now its amazing! Super consistant and a joy to play.

My TH cant make the windlance shot consistently unless on the variac or I fiddle with game settings daily.

I just got tired of adjusting my coil settings daily, I regulated the power instead.

Stick one of those little AC outlet voltmeters in a socket on the same breaker as the game, and look at it when the game play seems off.

For me it was enlightening.

#6034 5 years ago

My AFMr at high voltage throws the ball around like crazy and cant even keep it on the wireform.
At low voltage the ball goes SDTM off the SOL every single time and I cant get the ball up the ramp.
Few, if any, games have power regulation (Houdini might be the first?) to insure even, constant game-play.
So, I put it on a variac at 118 or 119v, adjusted all of the game settings and now its amazing! Super consistant and a joy to play.
My TH cant make the windlance shot consistently unless on the variac or I fiddle with game settings daily.
I just got tired of adjusting my coil settings daily, I regulated the power instead.
Stick one of those little AC outlet voltmeters in a socket on the same breaker as the game, and look at it when the game play seems off.

Thank yo very much for posting this. We are experiencing a similar issue since we had out Tesla Powerwall 2 installed. One day balls are flying everywhere, the next the ball will not go up the ramp. If we switch to main power only we get a constant 247 Volts (240V power) and machines play awesome. If we use battery or solar power the voltage can vary between 210V - 240V. The voltage can vary quite a bit. We understand what is happening and have not come up with a solution yet, Tesla are doing their best to help out with firmware.

Could you please give me a bit more info on what a variac is and where you bought it? I am think it is a voltage regulator? Could you please confirm name, brand etc, etc.

Thanks

#6035 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Thank yo very much for posting this. We are experiencing a similar issue since we had out Tesla Powerwall 2 installed. One day balls are flying everywhere, the next the ball will not go up the ramp. If we switch to main power only we get a constant 247 Volts (240V power) and machines play awesome. If we use battery or solar power the voltage can vary between 210V - 240V. The voltage can vary quite a bit. We understand what is happening and have not come up with a solution yet, Tesla are doing their best to help out with firmware.
Could you please give me a bit more info on what a variac is and where you bought it? I am think it is a voltage regulator? Could you please confirm name, brand etc, etc.
Thanks

If you are looking for a low cost variable ac transformer, and you are 220-240v, something like this maybe:

Volteq 2KVA Variable Transformer 2000VA 0-250V 220V AC https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OBSMTTM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_JpH7BbEPQ6C92

2000w is plenty for 2 games on each variac.

You must use a voltmeter to adjust them as the dial is very inaccurate.

#6036 5 years ago

Love the mezel mods eat at eddys building! Just echoing what everyone else says about it...it looks like it was supposed to be in the game. I didn't put tape on the VUK...it seems to stay in place just fine by itself. Plus if I taped it, it was close to blocking a screw on the plastics below it. I like mods that I can easily reverse.

20181115_171225 (resized).jpg20181115_171225 (resized).jpg

#6037 5 years ago

If you are looking for a low cost variable ac transformer, and you are 220-240v, something like this maybe:
Volteq 2KVA Variable Transformer 2000VA 0-250V 220V AC amazon.com link »
2000w is plenty for 2 games on each variac.
You must use a voltmeter to adjust them as the dial is very inaccurate.

That is the information I needed, a brand and model. I will get my wife to order one from somewhere here in Aus and try it out.

I find it very interesting that the voltage changes affect each game differently. EG. TAF flipper strength goes up or down. IMDNLE, AFMrLE plunger strength becomes inconsistent. Some games you do not notice any changes.

Thanks very much for your help, I really appreciate it.

#6038 5 years ago

Hi Everyone,

We are happy to announce that we are now a distributor for Pingraffix PowerBladez. We are starting with an inventory of the Attack from Mars remake version. We cannot provide a discount on the product, but we can help with shipping, offering an initial flat rate of $4.99 within the U.S.

These can be found on our website.

https://lermods.com/products/attack-from-mars-remake-powerbladez-by-pingraffix

#6039 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Indeed I am.

#6040 5 years ago

Looking to pick up a AFMR LE with green trim. Anyone selling one close to me (Pittsburgh)or any dealers with any left? May be interested in MBr LE as well if I can find dealer with both

#6041 5 years ago

If you have your game plugged into a UPS back up power bar, can that affect the amount of power you've got going to your games?

I feel like it's impossible sometimes to hit the ring in LOTR, and that's early in the game.

#6042 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

If you have your game plugged into a UPS back up power bar, can that affect the amount of power you've got going to your games?
I feel like it's impossible sometimes to hit the ring in LOTR, and that's early in the game.

Did you upgrade your flipper coils on LOTR?

#6043 5 years ago

You just missed the one in Morristown and there is one in Texas for 7K.

Quoted from pghpinfan:

Looking to pick up a AFMR LE with green trim. Anyone selling one close to me (Pittsburgh)or any dealers with any left? May be interested in MBr LE as well if I can find dealer with both

#6044 5 years ago

Is it easy enough to remove the mirror blades from and LE and put these on?

Quoted from Lermods:

Hi Everyone,
We are happy to announce that we are now a distributor for Pingraffix PowerBladez. We are starting with an inventory of the Attack from Mars remake version. We cannot provide a discount on the product, but we can help with shipping, offering an initial flat rate of $4.99 within the U.S.
These can be found on our website.
https://lermods.com/products/attack-from-mars-remake-powerbladez-by-pingraffix

#6045 5 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Coin-Op Parts, Etc. appears to have an AFMr LE with green trim and is also selling MBr LEs. They are in Milford, CT.

#6046 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Is it easy enough to remove the mirror blades from and LE and put these on?

Yes it is. Mirror blades are held on with one or two screws and the hinge bolt. Wouldnt take more than 5 minutes per side to get them out.

#6047 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Pinball machines should be plugged directly into the wall.

Almost everything, including lightweight extension cords throttle back current or power.

Settings within the game will help to adjust for power variations.

But if your power continually changes while you are playing a game, it can be compensated for with a variac.

Otherwise you spend all of your time adjusting instead of playing.

#6048 5 years ago

Unexepectedly joined the club last night. Is there a list of needed fixes or things to check for on these? This is my second pin and my first modern one. But damn... this thing is fun and it beats the crap out of my old World Cup Soccer. It's going to take me a long time to master this thing.

20181119_202507 (resized).jpg20181119_202507 (resized).jpg
#6049 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Unexepectedly joined the club last night. Is there a list of needed fixes or things to check for on these?

First rule...
If it ain't broke dont fix it .
Unless there is something obviously wrong .

Play it !

#6050 5 years ago

Yep, just play it and you'll find any potential issues quickly. But check out the technical thread. The first post has some initial things to check out:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-technical-thread

Most important are to make sure you have the v2.0 SOL PIC and the non-cracking plastics. Most machines will probably be trouble-free besides those common issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.00
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

There are 10,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/121?hl=pinball_ric and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.