IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,548 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 211.
#5951 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Classic is going to 6k??

Yes. CGC has lowered the price on the CE to $6,000.

#5952 5 years ago

Has anyone heard an update from Mezel Mods concerning the Eat at Eddies building mod availability??
How long can it take for China to bang out 1000 of these?

#5953 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Soooooo,.. raised the ticket with CGC, and fast response as usual. It just turns out a wire to the switch has snapped,.. I must have my shaker and volume set to earthquake levels My original very careful checking first time around obviously suffered from 54 year old poor eyesight. Pushed the wire back in and the switch now responds. Hopefully they'll send me a replacement for the cable assembly.

Great outcome. I feel confident in a product when the manufacturer backs it with great support. Can't speak highly enough of CGC's customer support.

#5954 5 years ago

Just placed an order for a Classic Edition with the Color upgrade chip. The price drop put me over the edge. Looking forward to joining the club!

#5955 5 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Just placed an order for a Classic Edition with the Color upgrade chip. The price drop put me over the edge. Looking forward to joining the club!

Congrats! You won't regret it

#5956 5 years ago

Mezel Mods emailed me today .....a new shipment of Eat at Eddy’s building mod ships in 2-3 weeks.

#5957 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

When I got the game, I found the side drains to be a real joy kill, so I moved the posts into the lowest position. Ended up getting to RTU about 2-3 times, and recently decided that I wanted to put it back to the default position and see how I'd do. Definitely brought my average ball time and score down a lot!
But tonight, for the first time, I got RTU and it felt like I really earned it!

I've had the game for about 3 months and put maybe 100 plays on it and it kicking my %$^ big time. It's so fast there is very little time to react. Ball control is a real challenge too. How much of a pitch should I be looking for? Maybe reducing the flipper coil strength? Moving down the side posts? Adjusting the flipper so they're a bit higher in the up position? Do dimples make much of a difference after a while? I'm definitely not enjoying it as much as I should.

#5958 5 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

I've had the game for about 3 months and put maybe 100 plays on it and it kicking my %$^ big time. It's so fast there is very little time to react. Ball control is a real challenge too. How much of a pitch should I be looking for? Maybe reducing the flipper coil strength? Moving down the side posts? Adjusting the flipper so they're a bit higher in the up position? Do dimples make much of a difference after a while? I'm definitely not enjoying it as much as I should.

Pitch 6.5 degrees

Flippers at -2

Lower the sling power at first a bit until you are used to them.

Close the outlanes all the way at least until you learn the game.

30 sec ball times are normal

My average ball time is 77 secs.

But still I manage to RTU once in awhile.

Leave the flippers at the proper droop.

I got pretty good at the game at about 250 plays.

It will make you a better player.
The joy of the game is its simplicity vs its toughness.

Yes it can play very fast.
Ball control is key.

It's way harder than Houdini which is also challenging until you learn it.

I love this game.

#5959 5 years ago

I am selling my Attack from Mars remake SE if anyone in California or the west coast is looking for one. Has pingraffix Powerblades. HUO. Original owner. Looks new. No issues with this machine. $6500 obo. Trying a local sale first. PM me with any questions. Thanks

Added over 5 years ago:

Sold

#5960 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Pitch 6.5 degrees
Flippers at -2
Lower the sling power at first a bit until you are used to them.
Close the outlanes all the way at least until you learn the game.
30 sec ball times are normal
My average ball time is 77 secs.
But still I manage to RTU once in awhile.
Leave the flippers at the proper droop.
I got pretty good at the game at about 250 plays.
It will make you a better player.
The joy of the game is its simplicity vs its toughness.
Yes it can play very fast.
Ball control is key.
It's way harder than Houdini which is also challenging until you learn it.
I love this game.

Thanks for the pointers. I lowered the flipper strength to -10 earlier today and it's already a bit better!

#5961 5 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Just placed an order for a Classic Edition with the Color upgrade chip.

Congrats! Will they be sending the color chip at the same time as your AFMr classic edition?

I’m curious as I’m considering a Monster Bash classic and don’t want to settle for the orange dots while waiting for a chip.

Thanks!

#5962 5 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

Yup, everything that pinballinreno said.

I moved the posts down so I could initially enjoy the game. Anyone who says you shouldn't do this is quite frankly a dick head.

When you're getting more comfortable with your game, and the ball times and scores are going up, maybe consider opening up the post again. There's no rush... It's YOUR game.

#5963 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Congrats! Will they be sending the color chip at the same time as your AFMr classic edition?
I’m curious as I’m considering a Monster Bash classic and don’t want to settle for the orange dots while waiting for a chip.
Thanks!

They are supposed to be yes. Also as I understand it, even though you don't get multicolor on the stock game, you can select which color you have on the DMD.

#5964 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

What speaker lights and sound systems would people recommend to put in a mmr? (i know this is the afmr thread)

there is plenty of discussion on this in the MMR thread.

#5965 5 years ago

did most of you guys adjust the flippers back to normal or leave em. don't like the way they come from the factory, to hard to hit targets with the angle.

#5966 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

did most of you guys adjust the flippers back to normal or leave em. don't like the way they come from the factory, to hard to hit targets with the angle.

Normal is the way they come from the factory.

Most of the games I have seen are the factory setup.

It's easier to hit the side Martian targets with the factory setup.

Raising them would be a custom approach. The game will play differently than intended.

But it's your game do whatever makes you happy.

#5967 5 years ago

A total noob question: how easy/difficult is it to move the posts down so I can stop it being a drain monster? Are there any little gotchas? All tips will be greatly appreciated.

PS: Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere here.

#5968 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

A total noob question: how easy/difficult is it to move the posts down so I can stop it being a drain monster? Are there any little gotchas? All tips will be greatly appreciated.
PS: Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere here.

Super easy.
Loosen nut on bottom of post, move it all the way down, tighten the nut.

It can all be done with the playfield lifted, pulled forward and set on its service rails.

#5969 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Loosen nut on bottom of post,

The nut is on the underside of the playfield. As pinballreno said, super easy.

LTG : )

#5971 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Thank you pinballinreno and LTG - you guys rock!

As long as you are confident in taking all the balls out and lifting the playfield. If you cannot do this, get some one to help you for the first time. This is easy too!

#5972 5 years ago

What is the new pricing on these? I saw reference to a price cut??
I saw 6kfor the CE. Isthe SE also getting a price cut?

#5973 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

What is the new pricing on these? I saw reference to a price cut??

Just the CE was lowered to $5999

#5974 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Just the CE was lowered to $5999

So who's actually honoring that price? Everyone seems to have them for 6500 still.

Bonus question: ignoring how much hype is surrounding monster bash remake, which game do you guys prefer? This or that?

#5975 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So who's actually honoring that price? Everyone seems to have them for 6500 still.

http://pinballpro.net/shop/attack-from-mars-classic-edition-pinball-machine/

Here's one. Seems like a lot of dealers are slow to update.

#5976 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Bonus question: ignoring how much hype is surrounding monster bash remake, which game do you guys prefer? This or that?

All things considered you cant go wrong with either.
MB is pure fun!

But my personal preference is AFMrLE. It's a more difficult game with shorter ball times.

#5977 5 years ago

I chatted with one of the guys who distros in my area and he confirmed the price of 6000 for the CE for me. Many of the store listings are probably just slow to update.

#5978 5 years ago

Thank you for the info re: the pricing!

I was hoping for a cut on the SE as well; but it is great to know that the "budget" model competes so well with a Stern pro on pricing.

Getting a NIB AFM in 2018 for 6K? That would be considered nuts not that long ago...

#5979 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Thank you for the info re: the pricing!
I was hoping for a cut on the SE as well; but it is great to know that the "budget" model competes so well with a Stern pro on pricing.
Getting a NIB AFM in 2018 for 6K? That would be considered nuts not that long ago...

I hoped the SE would drop to 7k or so too. Altogether with delivery, color chip and I also ordered the shaker from PPS and I am still well under 7k for a brand new AFMr. It should be here this weekend. We are excited.

#5980 5 years ago

My AFMr CE showed up today. Still dialing in a little bit. It has the 1.0 software on it. The color chip was not with it so it is coming from my distributor in the mail. I am having the issue of launched balls not making it to the lanes/pops about half the time so far. Game is dialed in a 6.5 and balanced left to right. I also had the shaker motor and leg cab protectors already waiting so those were both installed already too.

Where do you guys see the ball hit coming out of the stroke of luck shot? Mine seems to be hitting the lane guide a bit left of the left flipper.

#5981 5 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

My AFMr CE showed up today. Still dialing in a little bit. It has the 1.0 software on it. The color chip was not with it so it is coming from my distributor in the mail. I am having the issue of launched balls not making it to the lanes/pops about half the time so far. Game is dialed in a 6.5 and balanced left to right. I also had the shaker motor and leg cab protectors already waiting so those were both installed already too.
Where do you guys see the ball hit coming out of the stroke of luck shot? Mine seems to be hitting the lane guide a bit left of the left flipper.

Contact CGC for a replacement ball guide to resolve your ball launch issue and ask for the PIC 2.0 chip at the same time.

#5982 5 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I am having the issue of launched balls not making it to the lanes/pops

Please open a ticket at chicago-gaming.com under Support on the Help Desk about this.

Software - Do you mean when you open the coin door and hit enter the Williams version shows 1.0 ? Or the label on the PIC in the backbox has 1.0 on it ?

DSC00480 (resized).JPGDSC00480 (resized).JPG
#5983 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

ask for the PIC 2.0 chip at the same time.

If he means that. Nothing do do with software he mentioned.

#5984 5 years ago

Thanks fellas. The 1.0 I was referring to is what I saw in the CGC hold the button for 4 seconds menu. That is the one for the PIC, correct?

#5985 5 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Thanks fellas. The 1.0 I was referring to is what I saw in the CGC hold the button for 4 seconds menu. That is the one for the PIC, correct?

No. You’ll need to open the back box and look at the chip with the printed label on it. LTGs post above shows where to look.

#5986 5 years ago

Ok, it does have the 2.0 chip. Thanks for the clarification.

Any thoughts on the SOL aiming? Played a few more games and it's still hitting metal rather than the flipper. Should it be hitting the left flipper?

#5987 5 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Any thoughts on the SOL aiming? Played a few more games and it's still hitting metal rather than the flipper. Should it be hitting the left flipper?

Loosen the screws to the mech under the playfield, twist it in the other direction, then tighten the screws.

#5988 5 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I think it shout e hitting the middle of the left flipper. That is what my does and it feels right.

#5989 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I think it shout e hitting the middle of the left flipper. That is what my does and it feels right.

This is correct. Mine will every once in awhile hit the left sling but 95% of the time hits the left flipper.

#5990 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

This is correct. Mine will every once in awhile hit the left sling but 95% of the time hits the left flipper.

I put mine on my variac, it never misses, always perfect.

Although I had to side-cut the scoop mounts and twist it a bit to get it perfectly aligned.

#5991 5 years ago

Can anyone explain Award Lock to me on the Stroke of Luck scoop? Does it just lock in things like x2 jets for the next ball?

#5992 5 years ago

It awards the multi ball lock.....

#5993 5 years ago

Have been trying a change of tactics. Just focused on ramps, loops and multiball. GC went from 18.6B to 32.6B. Kept away from the temptation of going for the ship until multiball. I know it’s nothing new but if you haven’t given it a long term trial, it’s a must.

#5994 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

It awards the multi ball lock.....

I thought just Light lock readies the multi ball lock. When awarded Light Lock, the diverter clicks left to accept balls into the lock. When awarded Award Lock, I don't see any visible change to the ball lock lights on the playfield.

#5995 5 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

I thought just Light lock readies the multi ball lock. When awarded Light Lock, the diverter clicks left to accept balls into the lock. When awarded Award Lock, I don't see any visible change to the ball lock lights on the playfield.

That's because it readies the lock. You still have to actually shoot the lane and lock a ball.

Otherwise it would take 2 shots to lock the ball.

#5996 5 years ago

Perhaps a more efficient way to ask my question is, "What is the difference in 'Award Lock' and "Light Lock'?"

I understand that Light Lock will light the ball lock and then after sending three balls into that lane, multi ball begins.
I understand that without these SOL awards, I will have to send one ball into that lane to light the lock and three successive to begin multi ball.
What I do not understand is what change is made when award lock is granted by the SOL. I see no change to the ball lock light or number of balls already locked.

Apologies for the dogged line of questioning, it just seems like a hollow award that doesn't do anything. Appreciate the instruction; quite new to this!

#5997 5 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Perhaps a more efficient way to ask my question is, "What is the difference in 'Award Lock' and "Light Lock'?"
I understand that Light Lock will light the ball lock and then after sending three balls into that lane, multi ball begins.
I understand that without these SOL awards, I will have to send one ball into that lane to light the lock and three successive to begin multi ball.
What I do not understand is what change is made when award lock is granted by the SOL. I see no change to the ball lock light or number of balls already locked.
Apologies for the dogged line of questioning, it just seems like a hollow award that doesn't do anything. Appreciate the instruction; quite new to this!

The award lock should award another ball lock? Let's say you lite the lock and then shot 1 of 3 balls into the diverter. With the award lock, the second insert should light up as you know have 2 of 3 balls sent to the diverter. You aren't seeing the second insert light up after getting award lock? I'll check tonight to see if I'm seeing what you're seeing.

#5998 5 years ago

Eat at Eddy's Building is in stock at mezelmods!

#5999 5 years ago

Eat at Eddy's Building Update: Tim asked me to make sure people had an update on our production plans.

Current batch went up this morning and is already sold out. A new batch will be ready by around the first of December.

#6000 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Eat at Eddy's Building is in stock at mezelmods!

More in production! Sorry they went so fast- well, I'm not sorry they went fast but sorry we don't have more now! Soon!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
15,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pelzer, SC
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
There are 10,548 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 211.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/120?hl=jjhlh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.