pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 212.
#501 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I noticed a bunch of hairline cracks on my plastics, and know I've read about them in previous posts, so I was curious to hear how you all got it resolved?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/8#post-3930201

20170823_092703 (resized).jpg20170823_092703 (resized).jpg

20170823_092710 (resized).jpg20170823_092710 (resized).jpg

20170823_092710 (resized).jpg20170823_092710 (resized).jpg

20170823_092248 (resized).jpg20170823_092248 (resized).jpg

20170823_092253 (resized).jpg20170823_092253 (resized).jpg

#502 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I noticed a bunch of hairline cracks on my plastics, and know I've read about them in previous posts, so I was curious to hear how you all got it resolved?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/8#post-3930201

#503 6 years ago
Quoted from spazzman90:

Didn't think they went with just an off the shelf monitor for this title.
http://wgsd.co.kr/product1/

did you get the specific model number?

I'd appreciate pictures of how its connected to the beagle board too?

Neil.

#504 6 years ago

Set up at 6.6 degrees, and this thing is a drain monster! What are you guys dialed in at?

#505 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Set up at 6.6 degrees, and this thing is a drain monster! What are you guys dialed in at?

Thats just afm.... its much more difficult than mm especially the outlanes..... mine are still at factory in the middle and you really have to nudge alot.... or make your shots lol.

#506 6 years ago

I have my original set around 7-7.2 degrees
... it plays mean for sure

#507 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

did you get the specific model number?
Neil.

Yes. It's the JL215AT640. Nice contrast and off axis viewing in my opinion. I'll dig into how its connected next time I'm near it. I didn't see a dvi or vga connector right of the bat, though. I'll look closer. Wish more makers would have went this route. Nice clean look with this 3 aspect ratio monitor.

#508 6 years ago

ebay.com link: Attack From Mars LE Pinball topper

ebay.com link: Attack From Mars Pinball Custom Topper

These are interesting. Would imagine they need to get at least $500 to recoup the hit they are gonna take when they go to sell the game without it. Probably more. Neither auction makes mention of it coming with the control board and wiring which the seller will no longer need, and the buyer will need if he wants to even try to make it work on a non-LE.

#509 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Thats just afm.... its much more difficult than mm especially the outlanes..... mine are still at factory in the middle and you really have to nudge alot.... or make your shots lol.

I just finished BKTK for the second time last week, and figured I'd do well on AFM... NOT!!! Game is kicking my ass hard!

Quoted from bigd1979:

I have my original set around 7-7.2 degrees
... it plays mean for sure

I know with MMR, the outline drains lessened slightly by moving it from 6.5 to 6.7/6.8. Might try this on AFM.

#510 6 years ago

I thought the rules of AFM would be very similar to MM, but seems they aren't (from my first few games at least).

Would Total Annihilation be comparable to Royal Madness?

I'm so used to stacking the Madnesses and then starting the multi ball, but doesn't seem to work the same way in AFM. Also, I got a 2 ball multi ball from the Martian Attack, but have no idea how it even started haha. Do you just kill the Martians and then hit something to get it?

And what starts Strobe? Seems I've only gotten it from SOL.

Awesome game though!

#511 6 years ago

Any video of Strobe multiball out there ?
I'd like to see what it looks like on an AFMr...

#512 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Do you just kill the Martians and then hit something to get it?

You have to kill all the Martians during Martian attack to start Martian multiball. Strobe is started only from SOL, which is lit by lighting all the out/inlanes. Its random, but you will need to be further into the game to get awarded it as the game will give you lower end rewards early on. I've found that if I already started Martian attack, multiball, completed at least one attack wave, and played the video mode, that the odds of getting awarded strobe greatly increase and in fact are likely on the next SOL shot. Its just hard to get through all those things, so I rarely get it.

#513 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Would Total Annihilation be comparable to Royal Madness?

Yes, complete both ramps and both orbits 3 times to start it.

Quoted from Damien:

I got a 2 ball multi ball from the Martian Attack, but have no idea how it even started haha

It starts from the SoL hole when lit, it can be lit either by a SoL award or by hitting all the "MARTIAN" targets. You get the multiball by hitting all four martians. This is a good mode to activate TA multiball on.

Quoted from Damien:

Strobe multiball comes from SoL only, and only once per game max.

#514 6 years ago

oh...if you manage to stack all 4 hurry ups from completing the three ramp/orbit shots you are awarded 1 Billion points in addition to starting Total Annihilation

#515 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

There are both VGA and DVI outputs, it connects through what appears to be a HDMI to micro HDMI cable and DVI to HDMI adapter.

IMG_2077 (resized).JPGIMG_2077 (resized).JPG

#516 6 years ago

thanks am going to capture for streaming!

same as MMR; so wide screen doable subject to content resolution.

#517 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

thanks am going to capture for streaming!
same as MMR; so wide screen doable subject to content resolution.

I would think so. I'm guessing content is native to the screen at 1920x640. Sounds cool!

#518 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Yes, complete both ramps and both orbits 3 times to start it.

It starts from the SoL hole when lit, it can be lit either by a SoL award or by hitting all the "MARTIAN" targets. You get the multiball by hitting all four martians. This is a good mode to activate TA multiball on.

Is there anything similar to MMR where you hit everything 3 times, and then can restart Multiball by hitting 5 trolls?

Also, I'm certain I've had a couple games where I've stopped all 4 martians from hopping, and I did not get a second ball.

#519 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Also, I'm certain I've had a couple games where I've stopped all 4 martians from hopping, and I did not get a second ball.

Perhaps the fourth one may have stopped from reaching the time limit to hit it; that should be the only way to stop them from hopping without getting a second ball in play.

#520 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Perhaps the fourth one may have stopped from reaching the time limit to hit it; that should be the only way to stop them from hopping without getting a second ball in play.

Hmmmmmmmmm, I'll have to pay closer attention.

Do all shots to the UFO in Multiball count towards the total to save each country?

#521 6 years ago

Can anyone update me on:

The flashing lights in front of the 3 bank targets not being correct out of the box? ie cant distinguish if they are flashing separately or not. I noticed this when I played it at TPF. Someone mentioned a menu setting should fix it, but haven't had any confirmation.

Has anyone noticed the "flipper delay"?

#522 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Can anyone update me on:
The flashing lights in front of the 3 bank targets not being correct out of the box? ie cant distinguish if they are flashing separately or not. I noticed this when I played it at TPF. Someone mentioned a menu setting should fix it, but haven't had any confirmation.
Has anyone noticed the "flipper delay"?

Yes. You need to alter your incandescent emulation in the CGC menu.

IMG_6974 (resized).JPGIMG_6974 (resized).JPG

#523 6 years ago

Yeah I have noticed flipper delay... not sure if anything can be done about it

#524 6 years ago

Just played a few games, and either the 3 lights in front of the target bank are messed up, or I'm lost.

Looks like the first saucer takes 3 shots to the target bank, then 3 shots to the inner Target to defeat the ship.

But from there, the lights really don't seem to indicate how many shots are needed. Am I missing something?

Also, during multiball the shots don't seem to count against bringing the target bank down, but if it is down, the ship takes hits.

Anyone?

#525 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Just played a few games, and either the 3 lights in front of the target bank are messed up, or I'm lost.
Looks like the first saucer takes 3 shots to the target bank, then 3 shots to the inner Target to defeat the ship.
But from there, the lights really don't seem to indicate how many shots are needed. Am I missing something?
Also, during multiball the shots don't seem to count against bringing the target bank down, but if it is down, the ship takes hits.
Anyone?

Sound like you are getting it.... There is a bit more to the saucer than number of hits. It has a power bar like from the old street fighter days, and this is only indicated on the screen between hits. Shooting it up the center causes damage. If you notice there are 2 side targets along with the drop up there. If you hit one of the targets, you get damage. If you can hit 2 of the targets in one shot up there, you get 2x damage. If you can hit all 3 up there in one shot you get 3x damage. Only way to see progress is on the screen when it is available. Of course you have to do more damage as you advance saucers.

As far as multiball and not bringing down the force field. Yes, that is also correct. This is where some strategy is involved and you should take care not to start a multiball with the force field up. Great rules from Lyman, and what has kept this a top tier game. Good luck.

#526 6 years ago
Quoted from spazzman90:

Sound like you are getting it.... There is a bit more to the saucer than number of hits. It has a power bar like from the old street fighter days, and this is only indicated on the screen between hits. Shooting it up the center causes damage. If you notice there are 2 side targets along with the drop up there. If you hit one of the targets, you get damage. If you can hit 2 of the targets in one shot up there, you get 2x damage. If you can hit all 3 up there in one shot you get 3x damage. Only way to see progress is on the screen when it is available. Of course you have to do more damage as you advance saucers.
As far as multiball and not bringing down the force field. Yes, that is also correct. This is where some strategy is involved and you should take care not to start a multiball with the force field up. Great rules from Lyman, and what has kept this a top tier game. Good luck.

Fantastic explanation!

I have to untrain myself from playing some much MM. I thought the rules would be pretty much identical, but I'm very pleased to find out they're not.

AFM seems significantly more challenging so far. We'll see as I get more familiar with it.

I've gotten TA a bunch of times, but still not exactly sure how I did hahahaha.

#527 6 years ago
Quoted from spazzman90:

Yes. You need to alter your incandescent emulation in the CGC menu.

What do that do by changing it to incandescents?

#528 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

What do that do by changing it to incandescents?

On the original, with the target bank up, the 3 lights indicate which shots need to be hit (blinking) or which shots are already hit (solid) in order to lower the bank. You want all 3 solid, then it drops.

On the AFMr I played, the LEDS were blinking so fast, you couldn't tell if it was solid or blinking. I think this is default from the box.

Apparently changing the light setting n the menu fixes it. I don't own one yet, so cant tell you which setting works, but try them all until it works.

#529 6 years ago

Flipper delay sucks on any game, specially on games with lots of action like this one..
Might pass on this one only for that reason, I 'll need to play one to get proper opinion.
hope it's not that bad

#530 6 years ago
Quoted from MPRAMONE:

Flipper delay sucks on any game, specially on games with lots of action like this one..
Might pass on this one only for that reason, I 'll need to play one to get proper opinion.
hope it's not that bad

This isn't video pinball. There is no flipper delay.

#531 6 years ago

Just got my LE today and noticed two bolts and a thingamajig loose in the bottom of the box that I'm at a loss to figure out what they are for. Any ideas?
Also, what's the blue plastic thingy for that was in the bag with the power cord cover?

AFM (resized).jpgAFM (resized).jpg

#532 6 years ago
Quoted from MPRAMONE:

hope it's not that bad

WTF are you talking about? There is not any flipper delay.......Jebus

#533 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Yeah I have noticed flipper delay... not sure if anything can be done about it

Have any MMr owners also reported it? Anyone have both?

#534 6 years ago

I'm really curious about this "flipper delay" discussion now. We have people that seem to have noticeable delay and those that report absolutely zero delay. Is it possible that lower flipper strength settings are simulating what seems to be a delay? I'd like to know exactly what's happening here. I'm hoping it's a menu adjustment for those that seem affected.

#535 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Have any MMr owners also reported it? Anyone have both?

I own both MMr and AFMr as well as a bunch of other original Bally/Williams titles. I notice no absolutely no difference among the machines in terms of flipper delay.

#536 6 years ago

I haven't noticed any flipper delay at all. They are just as fast as my MB that is sitting next to it. To me it feels like the original and it's flipping hard! I have my flippers set at -5 because it was hitting the right ramp so fast that it was flying off the wire form.

I got strobe multi ball last night. No video but it was pretty cool. I have the strobe set to maximum. The only difference I notice is that you can see the reflection of all the little LED's in the clear coat. That looks different from the original strobe.

#537 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I own both MMr and AFMr as well as a bunch of other original Bally/Williams titles. I notice no absolutely no difference among the machines in terms of flipper delay.

I don't remember any delay when I played it at TPF, so I'm surprised it's become an issue. And I had literally just sold a restored original, so it was fresh in my mind.

I'm thinking it's just condition. You really need to compare a nib AFM (not possible) to a nib AFMR. My restored AFM was as close to new as possible (brand new pf etc) so maybe that's why I didn't notice the difference. Maybe the ball is moving faster on the brand new AFMR so the flippers appear delayed?

Otherwise Aurichs experiment. Anyone?

#538 6 years ago

Zero flipper delay on mine. In fact this has been the most trouble free NIB for me personally. If I was having that issue, I would be opening a ticket with CGC.

#539 6 years ago

What flipper delay? Flippers feel strong and fast.

#540 6 years ago

No flipper delay for me either.... game condition is unreal!!!

#541 6 years ago

Zero flipper delay on mine. Crazy fast.

#542 6 years ago

No flipper delay here either, although I did break a spring on one side, so the reset was slow. (BTW, BIG "Thank you!!!" to Lloyd for helping me with a quick field fix while I wait for a new spring!)

#543 6 years ago

There is no flipper delay on my game at all.
The flippers are as crisp and new feeling as any of my other NIB games.

However I noticed that the button travel to engage the switch is deep. Not that its any deeper than most other games.
It might be possible to shorten the button travel or lengthen the actuator to get it a little more "hair trigger" feel.

#544 6 years ago

Anyone else get airballs off the green standups on either side of the 3 bank or the posts?
Even with the flipper power turned way down I get significant airballs.

#545 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Smith:

Just got my LE today and noticed two bolts and a thingamajig loose in the bottom of the box that I'm at a loss to figure out what they are for. Any ideas?
Also, what's the blue plastic thingy for that was in the bag with the power cord cover?

Congrats on getting your game! It's pretty awesome!

The blue thingy is a flipper gap tool. You'll use this if you ever adjust or repair your flippers. For now, just put it away.

The two screws should have been accompanied by a black metal plate, and that goes on the back of the cab to cover the opening for the power supply.

#546 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

Anyone else get airballs off the green standups on either side of the 3 bank or the posts?
Even with the flipper power turned way down I get significant airballs.

I've actually been getting more airballs than I'm happy to report. I had one yesterday that went down the inlane, hoped the bar and ended up in the outlane. And then a bunch coming off of that green target by the ship and bouncing back fast to a center drain. That's my only complaint so far, aside from the hairline crack on some of the plastics (but CGC has asked me to open a ticket ro get them replaced, so that should all be fine).

#547 6 years ago

Has anyone made an air ball protector for under the ship?

#548 6 years ago

My flipper delay gets a little longer every year, but this effects every machine I play.

#549 6 years ago

Played a couple of AFMr and there is no flipper delay.

#550 6 years ago

Sad, but true!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 79.00
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/11?hl=elf70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.