pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 212.
#5901 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Huh. I have a new afmr playfield that I got just for safekeeping, but now I’m selling my afmr. So I’m looking to part with the new playfield too. Just wondering how I should list it and what cost

I think PPS gets 700-800 for the remake playfields. Chance are they will be available for awhile. Might be worth holding on to it for a bit.

#5902 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I think PPS gets 700-800 for the remake playfields. Chance are they will be available for awhile. Might be worth holding on to it for a bit.

Thanks for the info. Probably looking for $550. Kinda hard to store. I’ll probably put it on the market.

#5903 5 years ago

Been looking at an AFMr SE that I think I will end up buying.

What are some obvious questions I should ask that I might not think of? Any critical updates or parts replaced that I should look in to?

#5904 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

What are some obvious questions I should ask

Make sure it has the updated PIC 2.0.

#5905 5 years ago

Make sure it has the updated PIC 2.0.

I don’t think it does. Is that something I can replace myself, or does the original owner need to do so under warranty?

#5906 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

I don’t think it does. Is that something I can replace myself, or does the original owner need to do so under warranty?

The original owner would have had PIC 2.0 sent to them by their distro. All (original) owners of AFMR had this sent to them.

#5907 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

He should have been sent it. If not, have him contact his dealer and get it sent out. Only takes 2 min to pop it in. Out of curiosity, how much are you getting it for?

#5908 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Put some pingrafix powerblades in tonight.
Amazing[quoted image]

Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah those animated powerblades really make the game pop.

Quoted from Zennmaster:

Those look beautiful! If my LE didn't already have mirror blades, I'd be going for those. Do you have some video of the animation?

Thank you guys!
Appreciate the kind words..truly. So glad you like them. We have more stuff coming..
We are currently out of the Powerlites but will be getting more in soon. They are in production
If anyones interested in the Backbox panels we are having a blowout sale on them here:
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/attack-from-mars-powerpanels-bally-williams-pinball

best!
—joe

#5909 5 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Thank you guys!
Appreciate the kind words..truly. So glad you like them. We have more stuff coming..
We are currently out of the Powerlites but will be getting more in soon. They are in production
If anyones interested in the Backbox panels we are having a blowout sale on them here:
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/attack-from-mars-powerpanels-bally-williams-pinball
best!
—joe

Can those be installed without ruining the cabinet art so they could be removed later to make it stock again? Also, does it double the whine from the EL panels (art blades and these), or is the whine about the same level with these added?

#5910 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Can those be installed without ruining the cabinet art so they could be removed later to make it stock again? Also, does it double the whine from the EL panels (art blades and these), or is the whine about the same level with these added?

Yes they can . We use a low tack double sided tape for installation. They come off easily wothout ruining your original art work.

About the same.

#5911 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

Been looking at an AFMr SE that I think I will end up buying.
What are some obvious questions I should ask that I might not think of? Any critical updates or parts replaced that I should look in to?

Make sure the ball reaches the rollover lanes every time when plunging, some games have a bent metal guide which blocks the ball ~50% of the time. CGC will send a new part, but good to know before buying.

#5912 5 years ago

Just had my all-time best game of pinball. Actually completed Attack Mars. Unfortunately I only had 3 of the blue inserts lit so I wasn’t even close to Ruling the Universe haha. I love this game! It’s as good as pinball gets.

0BAF5943-74A7-44DD-B83B-22F1F2B9A92A (resized).jpeg0BAF5943-74A7-44DD-B83B-22F1F2B9A92A (resized).jpeg
#5913 5 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Just had my all-time best game of pinball. Actually completed Attack Mars. Unfortunately I only had 3 of the blue inserts lit so I wasn’t even close to Ruling the Universe haha. I love this game! It’s as good as pinball gets.
[quoted image]

Good game! I usually focus on countries as my last objective. I do the first ship just on shots. Second ship I try to bring in a multiball unless the shots are flowing well. Then the rest of the ships are taken out with multiballs only.

As you do this, you'll complete some of those objectives that stand in your way to RTU.

You really have to make well on your Super Jackpot and Martian Attack opportunities. These are the two that are toughest to complete, and not what you want to have in your way as you're getting to the finish line.

Funny, I had my game listed for sale a couple of months ago, because I wasn't playing it much. Then I installed the topper, and fell in love with it again. It's not going anywhere for a long time!

Too bad I've found CGC support to be subpar, abd this will likely be the last CGC game I buy, but it's definitely a fantastic game to play!

#5914 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Too bad I've found CGC support to be subpar, abd this will likely be the last CGC game I buy, but it's definitely a fantastic game to play!

What problems have you had that they didnt cover? What issues are people running into?

#5915 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

What problems have you had that they didnt cover? What issues are people running into?

Playfield issues, but the topic has been exhausted, and I've regrettably moved on. I'll vote with my wallet.

Doesn't take away from this game been super fun to play.

I just have a bad taste in my mouth from CGC. I think Doug Skor is a bit slimey, but YMMV.

#5916 5 years ago

For me, AFMR support has been outstanding. Prompt friendly troubleshooting, replaced a defective board, fully resolved my issues (topper saucer light was stuck ON). Also replaced 2 crazed plastics as reported elsewhere in this thread - no complaints, no questions.

I don;t follow this thread too closely, but I do not recall any hearing folks with support issues (original owners, anyway). CGC has been great, especially with the BONUS of having Lloyd (LTG) chime-in when he can.

#5917 5 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

For me, AFMR support has been outstanding. Prompt friendly troubleshooting, replaced a defective board, fully resolved my issues (topper saucer light was stuck ON). Also replaced 2 crazed plastics as reported elsewhere in this thread - no complaints, no questions.
I don;t follow this thread too closely, but I do not recall any hearing folks with support issues (original owners, anyway). CGC has been great, especially with the BONUS of having Lloyd (LTG) chime-in when he can.

If you go back a bit you will find a few people that had playfield issues.

And yes, LTG is legendary!

#5918 5 years ago

Just want to throw in my excellent experience with CGC support. I'm the second owner of an AfM Special and they've been absolutely super. Really wouldn't hesitate to buy another pin form them.

#5919 5 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Just want to throw in my excellent experience with CGC support. I'm the second owner of an AfM Special and they've been absolutely super. Really wouldn't hesitate to buy another pin form them.

Same here, very good experience, under warranty. Very responsive, fast to ship the part (a board), and good follow up.

#5920 5 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

The warranty transfers to new owners? I'm looking to buy a AFMr SE on Sunday and now I'm wondering if he will need to get these things fixed before I buy it now.

#5921 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

The warranty transfers to new owners? I'm looking to buy a AFMr SE on Sunday and now I'm wondering if he will need to get these things fixed before I buy it now.

The written letter of the warranty states that it does not. However, a few folks here ran into manufacturing issues (the ball guide, or the replacement PIC chip) and were able to get support as second owners. If you can get it taken care of before sale, that's certainly the cleanest path forward.

#5922 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

The written letter of the warranty states that it does not. However, a few folks here ran into manufacturing issues (the ball guide, or the replacement PIC chip) and were able to get support as second owners. If you can get it taken care of before sale, that's certainly the cleanest path forward.

Funnily enough, I just tried to email them through their website asking if they would fix these issues if it wasn't already replaced, and I got a 404 error. Anyone have an email address to reach out to someone directly?

#5923 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

Funnily enough, I just tried to email them through their website asking if they would fix these issues if it wasn't already replaced, and I got a 404 error.

Try opening a ticket under Support on the Help desk.

LTG : )

#5924 5 years ago

CGC has provided me with an incredibly high quality game and amazing support and service.

I would not hesitate to buy a game from them at all.

MBr follows this pattern.

The game is absolutely gorgeous and Solidly built.

#5925 5 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Yes they can . We use a low tack double sided tape for installation. They come off easily wothout ruining your original art work.
About the same.

Great. Picked a set up just now. The buzzing was my only concern since it's already there very mildly with the powerbladez inside the machine.

Thanks!

#5926 5 years ago

And she’s here! Got her set up late Sunday night and haven’t turned on any of my other pins since. I’ve played both the original and the AFMr SE on locations, but this is something else. Scored 4.7 billion on one ball last night. That’s never happened to me out in the wild. Really can’t begin to tell you all how happy I am with the machine.

I started support tickets with CoinTaker and CGC and they have all been approved even though I am the second owner. The 2.0 PIC chip is coming from CoinTaker and I have CGC sending me the skill shot bend and brand new plastics. I haven’t noticed an issue with the skill shot, but they offered to send it preemptively. I have the same cracking issue with the plastics as others in this thread. Not that it really matters though, I’ll never sell this machine.

I do have the full Cliffy set on the way. I noticed the the SOL holes are starting to chip a bit. Surprised that it’s happening with under 150 plays.

I’m happy though. I paid $6,400 and it came with the undercab lights and the interactive translite. I doubt someone will find a deal like this for a long time.

I plan on getting the Eat At Eddy’s Mezel mod and the interactive pinsides to match the translite. Other than that I don’t think it really needs anything else.

7F844FB7-B7E5-4BAE-BC2F-B34104CAC010 (resized).jpeg7F844FB7-B7E5-4BAE-BC2F-B34104CAC010 (resized).jpegE89277C8-28C9-455F-9CA9-D40C7307DE1F (resized).jpegE89277C8-28C9-455F-9CA9-D40C7307DE1F (resized).jpeg
#5927 5 years ago

Sorry for the double post but I wanted to upload my photos of the wear the machine has experienced when I got it with under 150 plays.

Luckily I have a full Cliffy set on the way to cover it up and CGC honored the warranty to replace the plastics, but I still think people should see how quickly the it starts to chip and crack.

7A3790E6-0969-428C-BBC1-70ACC5B3719F (resized).jpeg7A3790E6-0969-428C-BBC1-70ACC5B3719F (resized).jpeg8375B515-1423-47CA-AF45-30AD8BE74072 (resized).jpeg8375B515-1423-47CA-AF45-30AD8BE74072 (resized).jpeg9CB4A434-7489-4B75-8476-F2F77413F340 (resized).jpeg9CB4A434-7489-4B75-8476-F2F77413F340 (resized).jpegC6665FD3-4CB4-419B-A76C-98A2C9154EFB (resized).jpegC6665FD3-4CB4-419B-A76C-98A2C9154EFB (resized).jpeg
#5928 5 years ago

Glad to hear CGC is taking care of your issues! I have been super happy with the service I have received from them.

#5929 5 years ago

There must have been just an off batch of screen printed plastics. My SE has about 500 plays and has zero chipping on plastics or cracking of inks. Only degradation that mine has experienced is a myriad of dimples on the play field.

After installing the PIC 2.0, I've hovered my flipper strength between -1 and -2. When I lose a ball down the drain after speedily bouncing out of the right wire return ramp I move it to -2. When I fail to make it up a few plastic ramps I dial it back to -1. Then the process repeats; a -1.5 setting would be nice!

All these have been pretty minor issues and while slightly annoying, don't detract from my overall enjoyment of the game.

#5930 5 years ago

Cracking of the plastics was from the factory on day one...they sent me replacements

#5931 5 years ago

I’ve been having an issue with the ball eject failing to push up a ball. Customer support suggested bending the metal on the ejector.

I believe I recall someone else being told to do the same fix. Is this a common issue or something more than a bend can fix?

#5932 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

Is this a common issue or something more than a bend can fix?

In the CGC menu you can make the ball trough stronger or weaker as needed. CGC menu on page 1-10 in the manual. Or this video :

If the ball hits the flap and goes back down instead of diverting to the shooter lane, then yes bending the flap as shown in the pictures on your ticket works.

This may help to, for WOZ, but same deal - http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

#5933 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In the CGC menu you can make the ball trough stronger or weaker as needed. CGC menu on page 1-10 in the manual. Or this video :

If the ball hits the flap and goes back down instead of diverting to the shooter lane, then yes bending the flap as shown in the pictures on your ticket works.
This may help to, for WOZ, but same deal - http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

You are very helpful! I will give it a shot tomorrow after work. Thanks!

#5934 5 years ago

Had possibly my best game of pinball ever tonight... Got to RTU on ball 1!!!

WeIl, it was actually the extra ball, but it was still ball 1! I had one shot remaining on the left orbit to start Armageddon, and I could have done it all on the first ball.

Anyhow, after RTU I drained, then had one more extra ball, plus ball 2 and 3, all of which I pretty much drained pathetically.

I think I burned myself out chasing RTU on ball 1, and had nothing left!

#5935 5 years ago

I'm looking to upgrade my SE to an LE. Anybody in MN/WI/IA looking to downgrade from an LE with green trim to an SE with a shaker + cash?

#5936 5 years ago

Fellas a quick question please...

What happens after you hit the 125 Super Jets?

So far I’m not close in that second round, I just collect the 1st 100’s almost every time that I play.
Thank you.

#5937 5 years ago

I have had an interesting thing happen. After hitting the 3 bank target and starting an attack waive, the centre target does not pop up (in the manual I think this is the one bank drop target?)... I checked for anything blocking it coming up, but can't see anything obvious. So far as running a test goes, I tries T.18 but that said the test passed,.. although I'm not totally sure that is the correct test.

Any suggestions,.. is this one of those ones where some spring may have flicked loose, or broken ?

Fortunately the game still plays and scores without the target popping up.

#5938 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

I have had an interesting thing happen. After hitting the 3 bank target and starting an attack waive, the centre target does not pop up (in the manual I think this is the one bank drop target?)... I checked for anything blocking it coming up, but can't see anything obvious. So far as running a test goes, I tries T.18 but that said the test passed,.. although I'm not totally sure that is the correct test.
Any suggestions,.. is this one of those ones where some spring may have flicked loose, or broken ?
Fortunately the game still plays and scores without the target popping up.

Its a drop target. probably the return spring is broken off or its jammed somehow. Just bend another loop off the existing spring if the end has broken off.

#5939 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Its a drop target. probably the return spring is broken off or its jammed somehow. Just bend another loop off the existing spring if the end has broken off.

Spring is all good,.. I worked the mechanism, and it goes up, locks, springs down, in fact moves smoothly when moved (nothing catches that shouldn't)..no broken connections or wires hanging free,.. very odd .. so I think time for a ticket with CGC,.. see how this one goes

#5940 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Spring is all good,.. I worked the mechanism, and it goes up, locks, springs down, in fact moves smoothly when moved (nothing catches that shouldn't)..no broken connections or wires hanging free,.. very odd .. so I think time for a ticket with CGC,.. see how this one goes

Does the side switch actuate and make the click sound?

Does the switch show as working in test?

#5941 5 years ago

Does the side switch actuate and make the click sound?
Does the switch show as working in test?

Yes and yes (T.18) ,.. its almost like the coil isn’t firing,.. to raise the target,.. but i will re re chk this arvo to make sure

#5942 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Yes and yes (T.18) ,.. its almost like the coil isn’t firing,.. to raise the target,.. but i will re re chk this arvo to make sure

Trace the wires from the coil see if there is a problem.

Also test if there is voltage at the coil.

Is anything else down? Check fuses.

#5943 5 years ago

Joined The club this weekend. Over all the years of switching out games this is my first AFM. Great game . Love the topper and bigger display. They did a great job with the remake.

6C5DADCE-2B8B-4905-BB24-91F1AE73B388 (resized).jpeg6C5DADCE-2B8B-4905-BB24-91F1AE73B388 (resized).jpeg70D14A9D-E0E4-41C8-9270-4AF1622BC8E7 (resized).jpeg70D14A9D-E0E4-41C8-9270-4AF1622BC8E7 (resized).jpegEF49A454-40EC-49C4-8E2A-BC5BAA2B4FE4 (resized).jpegEF49A454-40EC-49C4-8E2A-BC5BAA2B4FE4 (resized).jpeg
#5944 5 years ago

I think our club will have a bunch of new members now that the CE has dropped to $6k.

#5945 5 years ago

How do I turn off the shaker motor in the SE? I like to play it at night, but I’m not looking to continue pissing off the neighbors.

#5946 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

How do I turn off the shaker motor in the SE?

In any AFMR in the CGC menu. To get into it, it is in the manual on page 1-14, or see -

#5947 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In any AFMR in the CGC menu. To get into it, it is in the manual on page 1-14, or see -

Thanks! I was looking under the adjustments menu (1-36) and couldn’t find it. That explains it!

#5948 5 years ago

Does anyone have AFMLE #945? Just curious as to whether it is still out in the wild?! Would match my MMRLE number.....

#5949 5 years ago

I think our club will have a bunch of new members now that the CE has dropped to $6k.

Classic is going to 6k??

#5950 5 years ago

Soooooo,.. raised the ticket with CGC, and fast response as usual. It just turns out a wire to the switch has snapped,.. I must have my shaker and volume set to earthquake levels My original very careful checking first time around obviously suffered from 54 year old poor eyesight. Pushed the wire back in and the switch now responds. Hopefully they'll send me a replacement for the cable assembly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.00
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/119?hl=zennmaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.