pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 212.
#5851 5 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Joined the club last weekend. Got Martian Green. Owned an original years ago and I must say, this remake rocks. I think its better than the original. Never thought I would ever say that.

Welcome to the club (and you chose wisely re: trim colour )

#5852 5 years ago

Hi
Just wondering if any other AFMr owners have this small error in the board plug wiring I bought a set of pinstaduims and installed the unit and hooked it up to the Gi circuit rh/side playfield( the one that runs down from the rh slings), the photo rh side near the fixing screw the orange wire is in position 2
this is wrong it should be in the blank position 3 both my lower gi lights did not work until i changed this.See the other photo where the orange wire is in the number 3 position this is correct for the gi circuit

Lh side top (resized).jpgLh side top (resized).jpgRh side top (resized).jpgRh side top (resized).jpg
#5853 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Welcome to the club (and you chose wisely re: trim colour )

Thanks, yes I love the green. It looks amazing.

#5854 5 years ago

Pinstadium

#5855 5 years ago

Put some pingrafix powerblades in tonight.

Amazing

20180917_174451 (resized).jpg20180917_174451 (resized).jpg
#5856 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Amazing[quoted image]

Yeah those animated powerblades really make the game pop.

#5857 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Amazing[quoted image]

Those look beautiful! If my LE didn't already have mirror blades, I'd be going for those. Do you have some video of the animation?

#5858 5 years ago

#5859 5 years ago

I'm officially in the club now, too! I took delivery of an SE last Friday and finished setting it up Saturday night. I have roughly 50 plays on it so far and I haven't had to make any mechanical adjustments, though the right outlane could probably be closed a smidge as I'm getting more ball drains there than the left (or maybe the left needs to be opened slightly.) I'm just waiting on the v2.0 PIC from the distributor, and I'll need to open a ticket with CGC to replace the cracking plastics.

I'm debating whether to install the Cliffy protectors as there is zero indication of wear on any of the holes, but I may do it just to be safe. I'm also thinking about DIYing some stadium lights. For now I'm just enjoying the hell out of it! I love when the Attack Wave starts and the whole cabinet shakes.

CGC did an excellent job. Reading some of the complaints here I was worried about the playfield being poor, but it's nice and smooth (except for some ball dimples; I like to think of them as battle scars...). Joe at PinballSTAR was also excellent to deal with, I totally recommend them.

Now if I win the lottery, I can buy the Monster Bash remake...

BTW, has anyone had buzzing/static from the speakers in attract mode? I've found that it gets louder as the backbox lights increase in brightness, so I turned them down a bit and it doesn't bother me anymore. Probably a grounding issue somewhere. It's not noticeable at all during gameplay.

6lzDjj5 (resized).jpg6lzDjj5 (resized).jpg

#5860 5 years ago

Can the powerblades set to be all time on ?

#5861 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Can the powerblades set to be all time on ?

there are no adjustments as far as i know

#5862 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

there are no adjustments as far as i know

Ok, then it’s Not my Cup of tea

#5863 5 years ago

I'm thinking of getting a set for wall art around my game.

#5864 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Amazing[quoted image]

Beautiful!

#5865 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I'm thinking of getting a set for wall art around my game

For wall art, go for this!

#5866 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

For wall art, go for this!

I really like that!
Who is selling those?

#5867 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I really like that!
Who is selling those?

pingrafix

#5871 5 years ago

Anyone got any instructions on installing the animated power panels for the sides of the backbox,.. particularly if installing in Australia,.. I bought some at TPF and really need to get my act together and install them

#5872 5 years ago

Looking for a HUO AFMr SE or LE in CA. PM me if you’re looking to sell.

#5873 5 years ago
Quoted from ctviss:

I'm officially in the club now, too! I took delivery of an SE last Friday and finished setting it up Saturday night. I have roughly 50 plays on it so far and I haven't had to make any mechanical adjustments, though the right outlane could probably be closed a smidge as I'm getting more ball drains there than the left (or maybe the left needs to be opened slightly.) I'm just waiting on the v2.0 PIC from the distributor, and I'll need to open a ticket with CGC to replace the cracking plastics.
I'm debating whether to install the Cliffy protectors as there is zero indication of wear on any of the holes, but I may do it just to be safe. I'm also thinking about DIYing some stadium lights. For now I'm just enjoying the hell out of it! I love when the Attack Wave starts and the whole cabinet shakes.
CGC did an excellent job. Reading some of the complaints here I was worried about the playfield being poor, but it's nice and smooth (except for some ball dimples; I like to think of them as battle scars...). Joe at PinballSTAR was also excellent to deal with, I totally recommend them.
Now if I win the lottery, I can buy the Monster Bash remake...
BTW, has anyone had buzzing/static from the speakers in attract mode? I've found that it gets louder as the backbox lights increase in brightness, so I turned them down a bit and it doesn't bother me anymore. Probably a grounding issue somewhere. It's not noticeable at all during gameplay.
[quoted image]

The EL panels in the powerblades make a high-frequency noise. Maybe that's what you're hearing?

I haven't tried it, but I'm pretty sure those AfM powerblades would look pretty awesome in Dialed In, too.

#5874 5 years ago

Request permission to come aboard!

A21777BC-7A92-4811-8E82-AFC940565540 (resized).jpegA21777BC-7A92-4811-8E82-AFC940565540 (resized).jpeg
#5876 5 years ago
Quoted from fish1975tx:

Request permission to come aboard!
[quoted image]

Permission granted, welcome aboard! You're gonna have a great time!

#5877 5 years ago

When you install the eat at Eddie's mod is there a particular light socket to connect to or just any one will do.???
The instructions are pretty vague ???

#5878 5 years ago

Thanks CGC for the quick response on my plastics issue ...

20180922_183704 (resized).jpg20180922_183704 (resized).jpg

#5879 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

When you install the eat at Eddie's mod is there a particular light socket to connect to or just any one will do.???
The instructions are pretty vague ???

The instructions on the Mezelmods site provide a choice of 2 connections... I just went with exactly the one they have in the photos. Aside from the fiddly bit of getting the wire to come through playfield side, the mod is a breeze to install.

#5880 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Thanks CGC for the quick response on my plastics issue ...
[quoted image]

Did you have crackling in the ink on the large side piece, too? I've only seen the issue on the lane guide plastics so far...

#5881 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you have crackling in the ink on the large side piece, too? I've only seen the issue on the lane guide plastics so far...

Yes I did

#5882 5 years ago

Wow, that sucks. I hope it's not all the plastics that had the wrong ink. I thought it was weird that only the lane guide plastics were affected (on ours, too) because when this happened on The Shadow plastics supersets, it was all of them and at about the same time. Very expensive learning experience about ink compatibility on PETG materials. So it could mean that all the early run AfMr will eventually crackle, which sucks if that happens.

#5883 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, that sucks. I hope it's not all the plastics that had the wrong ink. I thought it was weird that only the lane guide plastics were affected (on ours, too) because when this happened on The Shadow plastics supersets, it was all of them and at about the same time. Very expensive learning experience about ink compatibility on PETG materials. So it could mean that all the early run AfMr will eventually crackle, which sucks if that happens.

All of my plastics have ink cracking to some extent. The worst are the lane guides, followed by the larger left/right side plastics, but if you look closely you can see it in certain areas of all of them. It seems to be contained to the red and black ink only, but maybe that's just due to the lighting and my green fluorescent protectors. The two flanking the mothership and right sling only have cracking in a tiny area that's hard to see, but it's certainly there so I want them replaced sooner rather than later (especially while it's still under warranty).

CGC promptly sent me a replacement set but the box arrived damaged and I can hear a broken piece moving around inside, so I'm just waiting for their response before I open it/send it back for another replacement set.

Here are some pictures...

LeftLaneGuide (resized).jpgLeftLaneGuide (resized).jpgLeftSlingshot (resized).jpgLeftSlingshot (resized).jpgLeftTargets (resized).jpgLeftTargets (resized).jpgMothershipLeft (resized).jpgMothershipLeft (resized).jpgRightLaneGuide (resized).jpgRightLaneGuide (resized).jpgRightSlingshot (resized).jpgRightSlingshot (resized).jpgRightTargets (resized).jpgRightTargets (resized).jpg
#5884 5 years ago

I had same problem on plastics. They looked cracked.
Luckily I sent them picture's and picked up replacements from factory.

#5885 5 years ago
Quoted from ctviss:

All of my plastics have ink cracking to some extent. The worst are the lane guides, followed by the larger left/right side plastics, but if you look closely you can see it in certain areas of all of them. It seems to be contained to the red and black ink only, but maybe that's just due to the lighting and my green fluorescent protectors. The two flanking the mothership and right sling only have cracking in a tiny area that's hard to see, but it's certainly there so I want them replaced sooner rather than later (especially while it's still under warranty).
CGC promptly sent me a replacement set but the box arrived damaged and I can hear a broken piece moving around inside, so I'm just waiting for their response before I open it/send it back for another replacement set.
Here are some pictures...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, that's the same kind of plastic/ink failure I had on the first run of Shadow Supersets. Seems like they wouldn't have made that mistake again as it was pretty well documented online. It was an expensive lesson for me.

#5886 5 years ago

Hey guys my game tends to make a lot of vibration noises when it first puts the ball into the ball launch area.. its kind of annoying. I tried putting some felt around the edge of the glass, and even messing with those screws under neath the lock bar. Does someone have a different fix?? Its my only pinball that does this.
Thanks

#5887 5 years ago

Good news is the eight replacement plastics were undamaged - the piece rattling around was just a knockout for one of the holes. I took a closer look at the non-lighted plastics at the very back of the machine and those also have cracking which I didn't see before. I'll probably open another ticket in a few weeks and get those replaced.

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys my game tends to make a lot of vibration noises when it first puts the ball into the ball launch area.. its kind of annoying. I tried putting some felt around the edge of the glass, and even messing with those screws under neath the lock bar. Does someone have a different fix?? Its my only pinball that does this.
Thanks

I haven't experienced this. Does the rattle go away if you put some weight on the glass to dampen it?

#5888 5 years ago
Quoted from ctviss:

Good news is the eight replacement plastics were undamaged - the piece rattling around was just a knockout for one of the holes. I took a closer look at the non-lighted plastics at the very back of the machine and those also have cracking which I didn't see before. I'll probably open another ticket in a few weeks and get those replaced.

I haven't experienced this. Does the rattle go away if you put some weight on the glass to dampen it?

Yes its near the right upper playfield.. very very annoying. Maybe I need to tighten the bolts connecting the armor?
MM

#5889 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yes its near the right upper playfield.. very very annoying. Maybe I need to tighten the bolts connecting the armor?
MM

if its the glass rattling, try putting a strip of electrical tape over the edge of the glass in that corner. Trim it so that you dont see it.

#5890 5 years ago

yet another game with 5 of the 6 blue lights on. with only needing 1 more capture to get total annihilation, i think to myself after i hit the center target and open it up for the attack, i'll smack it up the left and have 4 balls flying at the mother ship. but reality sets in and it bounced off the center target to light attack mars then straight down the middle. curse you tex

IMG_20180909_092926454 (resized).jpgIMG_20180909_092926454 (resized).jpg
#5891 5 years ago
Quoted from stavio:

yet another game with 5 of the 6 blue lights on. with only needing 1 more capture to get total annihilation, i think to myself after i hit the center target and open it up for the attack, i'll smack it up the left and have 4 balls flying at the mother ship. but reality sets in and it bounced off the center target to light attack mars then straight down the middle. curse you tex
[quoted image]

You’re almost there man, you can do it

A51289F3-ECBD-48C3-A008-F74AC88F0789 (resized).jpegA51289F3-ECBD-48C3-A008-F74AC88F0789 (resized).jpegD7F379EA-1EFE-44BD-9AA4-2DC1C4B73B19 (resized).jpegD7F379EA-1EFE-44BD-9AA4-2DC1C4B73B19 (resized).jpeg
#5892 5 years ago

thanks wildbill. good job shooting tex down twice

#5893 5 years ago

So can you NOT upgrade the classic model to be colorized with this? The flyer says "upgradable," but I dont see where one could buy the color rom?

#5894 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So can you NOT upgrade the classic model to be colorized with this? The flyer says "upgradable," but I dont see where one could buy the color rom?

PPS

#5895 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You can upgrade to color for $399

https://www.gameroomguys.com/Game-Room-Guys-Inventory-Part-Form_3

I'm sure any CGC dealer will also have the chip.

#5896 5 years ago

Anyone know if a playfield from afm will fit afmr and vice-versa?

What would a new playfield go for?

#5897 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Anyone know if a playfield from afm will fit afmr and vice-versa?

What would a new playfield go for?

They will fit each other. However, they are dimpled differently on back.

#5898 5 years ago

Huh. I have a new afmr playfield that I got just for safekeeping, but now I’m selling my afmr. So I’m looking to part with the new playfield too. Just wondering how I should list it and what cost.

So could an afm use my playfield? They’d just have to re-dimple it? Is anyone selling repro afm playfield?

#5899 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Huh. I have a new afmr playfield that I got just for safekeeping, but now I’m selling my afmr. So I’m looking to part with the new playfield too. Just wondering how I should list it and what cost.
So could an afm use my playfield? They’d just have to re-dimple it? Is anyone selling repro afm playfield?

Mirco makes and sells AFM playfields. The AFMr playfields are the same on top but have a unique dimple pattern on the back. Would be a lot of work to do a swap without proper dimples.

#5900 5 years ago

What speaker lights and sound systems would people recommend to put in a mmr? (i know this is the afmr thread)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 79.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 210.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/118?hl=jjhlh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.