IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,549 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 211.
#5801 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Nothing to be concerned about.

Thanks guys.. I think having to replace a circuit board already on this machine has made me a bit paranoid.

#5802 5 years ago

Joined the club last night, can’t wait to dig into this beauty.

190E39D0-8838-4C2C-8845-86AEBA2856F3.jpeg190E39D0-8838-4C2C-8845-86AEBA2856F3.jpegF9975C03-EF9C-4C21-ABCB-CB41508180F4.jpegF9975C03-EF9C-4C21-ABCB-CB41508180F4.jpeg
#5803 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats ! Looks beautiful in black trim.

#5804 5 years ago

So, after literally hating this machine, I finally succumbed and closed down the outlanes. Within a day I have FINALLY RTU after owning since almost the beginning. What a huge difference the outlanes make. All else is factory.

7B1AF5CA-91F3-449D-90EF-E1461477C227 (resized).jpeg7B1AF5CA-91F3-449D-90EF-E1461477C227 (resized).jpegA8606E5B-E390-45A5-8B27-E9C3442F71E8 (resized).jpegA8606E5B-E390-45A5-8B27-E9C3442F71E8 (resized).jpegCBD0D64D-51A3-443B-8DB7-D263FB7B4C2C (resized).jpegCBD0D64D-51A3-443B-8DB7-D263FB7B4C2C (resized).jpeg

Ps I left them open a tiny bit so I could keep a shred of pride in the win...

#5805 5 years ago

The white glove treatment for my precious

06E89895-0258-491A-941E-687758BF1DDB (resized).jpeg06E89895-0258-491A-941E-687758BF1DDB (resized).jpeg
#5806 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

The white glove treatment for my precious
[quoted image]

305 says Hi.. (just had the Eat at Eddy’s mod treatment)

#5807 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So, after literally hating this machine, I finally succumbed and closed down the outlanes. Within a day I have FINALLY RTU after owning since almost the beginning. What a huge difference the outlanes make. All else is factory.

8 months later I've grappled with that many many times. If I still haven't RTU before Christmas eve, after the kids are asleep and the presents are nestled under the tree, santa claus will be shortening up my outlanes too...
Merry Christmas, return to battle soldier

#5808 5 years ago
Quoted from stavio:

8 months later I've grappled with that many many times. If I still haven't RTU before Christmas eve, after the kids are asleep and the presents are nestled under the tree, santa claus will be shortening up my outlanes too...
Merry Christmas, return to battle soldier

Do it! I closed mine up pretty much straight out of the box. Ended up getting to rtu a couple of times. Then I gave myself a challenge and opened the lanes to factory setting. It took me awhile but I eventually got to rtu and it felt pretty rewarding.

#5809 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

305 says Hi.. (just had the Eat at Eddy’s mod treatment)

*waves* hi!

Kudos on the EAE mod

#5810 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Congratulations WildBill!... what number did you got please?

#5811 5 years ago

Hmm, on the outlanes this pin eats me alive. I have it set for extra ball at 4,000,000,000 and seldom get there.

#5812 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Congratulations WildBill!... what number did you got please?

image.jpgimage.jpg
#5813 5 years ago

I have only have one pin so far... but I decided to save up for one of these bad boys. I can't wait to make the plunge! Tell me I am doing good!!!! lol

#5814 5 years ago

I'll be joining you guys soon! I have an SE on order from PinballSTAR and it should be shipping early next week! It will look great next to my BK2K.

Does anyone have any tips on setting it up? This will be my first NIB pinball machine.

I'll probably put on the PinBits fluorescent plastic protectors after I test the game out, and I might install the drop-target and shooter/ball eject Cliffys - those seem to stand out less than the others and not cover any artwork; I'm sure the SOL and mothership holes will be fine with the factory Mantis-style protectors.

Quoted from Captain-Flint:

I have only have one pin so far... but I decided to save up for one of these bad boys. I can't wait to make the plunge! Tell me I am doing good!!!! lol

Nothing bad about that at all! If it makes you happy that's what counts. What else is money for?

#5815 5 years ago

What do you mean by close the outlanes?

#5816 5 years ago
Quoted from Davedigger:

What do you mean by close the outlanes?

See paynemic's picture I used.

This is the right side of the game, left side is the same. See the gap the red arrow points to ? The post in that hole is bolted underneath the playfield. Loosen the locknut on it, move the post back makes the outlane more open, move the post forward ( direction of yellow arrow ) makes the outlane closed.

Closed outlane, smaller gap, harder to drain a ball into the outlane. Open outlane, bigger gap, easier to drain the ball in the outlane.

LTG : )

44002e95cc5c09c36645ad48258a282006fb4de1.jpeg (resized).jpg44002e95cc5c09c36645ad48258a282006fb4de1.jpeg (resized).jpg
#5817 5 years ago
Quoted from ctviss:

I'll be joining you guys soon! I have an SE on order from PinballSTAR and it should be shipping early next week! It will look great next to my BK2K.
Does anyone have any tips on setting it up? This will be my first NIB pinball machine.
I'll probably put on the PinBits fluorescent plastic protectors after I test the game out, and I might install the drop-target and shooter/ball eject Cliffys - those seem to stand out less than the others and not cover any artwork; I'm sure the SOL and mothership holes will be fine with the factory Mantis-style protectors.

I would strongly suggest the Cliffy treatment for the Mothership and force field. After about 4,000 plays, the only spot I saw noticeable wear was on the Mothership hole, and the plywood there had gotten pretty soft. Did the factory start putting a protector on there? Mine didn't come with one, but my LE was from an early batch, as far as I can tell. As for the force field, the Cliffy actually looks quite natural, and blends in with the art nicely. As an added bonus: prior to putting in the Cliffy, I would occasionally have a ball stick in the groove where the target bank had dropped. It happened enough that I had a standard practice to get it loose. With the Cliffy, that behavior has been reduced by about 90%.

So far, the SOL hole is looking good, but I've got the Cliffy waiting in the wings (by "wings" I mean the coin box) for the day when I can see wear.

Otherwise, the setup is pretty painless, and for most folks it's fine out of the box: just clean the oil off of the balls and have at.

Some people (me included) find the flipper droop to be a bit weird, and then there is the eternal outlane struggle.

You've got a great game on the way, have fun with it!

#5818 5 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

I would strongly suggest the Cliffy treatment for the Mothership and force field. After about 4,000 plays, the only spot I saw noticeable wear was on the Mothership hole, and the plywood there had gotten pretty soft. Did the factory start putting a protector on there? Mine didn't come with one, but my LE was from an early batch, as far as I can tell. As for the force field, the Cliffy actually looks quite natural, and blends in with the art nicely. As an added bonus: prior to putting in the Cliffy, I would occasionally have a ball stick in the groove where the target bank had dropped. It happened enough that I had a standard practice to get it loose. With the Cliffy, that behavior has been reduced by about 90%.
So far, the SOL hole is looking good, but I've got the Cliffy waiting in the wings (by "wings" I mean the coin box) for the day when I can see wear.
Otherwise, the setup is pretty painless, and for most folks it's fine out of the box: just clean the oil off of the balls and have at.
Some people (me included) find the flipper droop to be a bit weird, and then there is the eternal outlane struggle.
You've got a great game on the way, have fun with it!

Thanks! I could have sworn I saw/read that there was a Mantis protector on the mothership hole, but I could be mistaken. Either way, I'll order a full set of Cliffys and install everything but the SOL ones unless I start to see wear.

I'm pretty excited about it! I debated a long time between the SE and LE (a place in CT has the Martian Green in stock) but it was hard to swallow the ~$700 price difference - the topper looks awesome but to me it's more of a novelty, and I could always add LEDs to the mini-saucers. $700 goes a long way towards parts and mods, or a third machine!

#5819 5 years ago
Quoted from ctviss:

Thanks! I could have sworn I saw/read that there was a Mantis protector on the mothership hole, but I could be mistaken. Either way, I'll order a full set of Cliffys and install everything but the SOL ones unless I start to see wear.
I'm pretty excited about it! I debated a long time between the SE and LE (a place in CT has the Martian Green in stock) but it was hard to swallow the ~$700 price difference - the topper looks awesome but to me it's more of a novelty, and I could always add LEDs to the mini-saucers. $700 goes a long way towards parts and mods, or a third machine!

Can you add LEDs to the saucers? Not sure that's possible right now at least not for sale that I'm aware of. The LE will hold its value much better too . Just s thought

#5820 5 years ago

Has anyone set their flippers so that they do not droop, and if so did it change the shot angles in a good way or a bad way?

#5821 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Has anyone set their flippers so that they do not droop, and if so did it change the shot angles in a good way or a bad way?

Neither good or bad just different.

Changes the character of the game to something else.

With the droop as designed I find that it easier for me to make 8 way combo's.
I find that its easier to hit the side targets and orbits.

#5822 5 years ago

Just wondering what numbers everyone had on their play fields and if they are a relation to build date or trim level or anything..?

27F9074D-CC50-4498-897C-44C72FDD3018 (resized).jpeg27F9074D-CC50-4498-897C-44C72FDD3018 (resized).jpeg
#5823 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I set them so the tops of the bats are in-line with the flipper ball guides. It was a change of MAYBE three degrees, but now that I say it, that seems like a lot. It feels way better to me, though. The only drawback I've found is that when I play on location, it takes me a while to adjust.

Who am I kidding, I look like a complete idiot, since everyone I'm with knows I own one!

#5824 5 years ago

I adjusted the flippers to less droop, no problem making any shots and I am actually think it's an improvement.

Adjusted maybe one mm above the guide holes.

#5825 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I adjusted the flippers to less droop, no problem making any shots and I am actually think it's an improvement.
Adjusted maybe one mm above the guide holes.

When I look at the shot angles with a square and laser level line, I see that some shots that are a part of the game do not add up.
If those shots are intentionally impossible, I ignore adjusting for them.

If the shots are challenging and makeable I adjust to get the ball on the flat of the flipper, even if its only a fraction of a mm on the tip.

1mm plus or minus is what I do on all my games.

Sometimes I adjust to get a more natural flow off of an orbit so that you can repeat it a little more consistently.

WOZ I have at minus 1mm to help make the crystal ball and throne room shots slightly more accessible.

Right now I have my Houdini at minus 2mm and it plays a lot better, makes the impossible shots possible. I might change it to minus 1.5mm after a few more games. Reminds me of ToM flippers that are perfect at the factory slight droop being centered instead of inline with the guides.

But in all cases I keep the designer in mind of what he might have been thinking, and make tiny adjustments over all.

Big adjustments I think change the game too much and it loses the character of it all.

#5826 5 years ago

The adjustment holes are in a different area than what I’m use to(stern). Not exactly sure how to adjust them, should the flipper bat touch the hole with or without the rubber on it? My flippers are off from each other, one I can see the hole and the other I can’t. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all the info so far as I’m new to this club and want to get this baby just right.

#5827 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can you add LEDs to the saucers? Not sure that's possible right now at least not for sale that I'm aware of. The LE will hold its value much better too . Just s thought

Where there's a will there's a way... I could certainly add LEDs to the mini-saucers and tie them in to the mothership or GI (or design my own controller that matches the behavior on the LE). I heard that CGC may be selling an upgrade kit for that at some point, though.

Good point on value, but I never plan on selling the machine so that's not a huge concern for me.

#5828 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

The adjustment holes are in a different area than what I’m use to(stern). Not exactly sure how to adjust them, should the flipper bat touch the hole with or without the rubber on it? My flippers are off from each other, one I can see the hole and the other I can’t. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all the info so far as I’m new to this club and want to get this baby just right.

Put a toothpick in the hole between the rubber and the bat so that the bats are held in place by the hole and rubber.

This makes for fairly easy adjustment.

#5829 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Put a toothpick in the hole between the rubber and the bat so that the bats are held in place by the hole and rubber.
This makes for fairly easy adjustment.

this would be a droopy setup (IMO)

see picture in #5804 and you can see the holes a bit below the rubber. This is how I have mine set up.

#5830 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

this would be a droopy setup (IMO)
see picture in #5804 and you can see the holes a bit below the rubber. This is how I have mine set up.

Well, its the factory setup, at least at first.

Later adjust as needed.

#5831 5 years ago

Fellas... “Eat at Eddy’s" in stock now!

Ordered mine with an Atomic blaster...(I know that someone said that it’ll never work).

#5832 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

thx. yeah the decal got torn and wrinkled about an inch seems the cab is a close black. not much i could do except remove the torn section. about the size of a quarter. Not much i can do but michelle did send me a claim form.
can a small section be patched ? get a new right side section ?

Quick question. Claim has been put in and I had to put a $ amount. Thinking if I could just get a right side cab decal I can keep it with the game and eventually swap or include with game later. Anyone know how much one side cab decal would cost? I guess I could email Chicago gaming and try and buy cab decal?

#5833 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Quick question. Claim has been put in and I had to put a $ amount. Thinking if I could just get a right side cab decal I can keep it with the game and eventually swap or include with game later. Anyone know how much one side cab decal would cost? I guess I could email Chicago gaming and try and buy cab decal?

I think most pinball repair services would be comfortable at repairing the cabinet for $600 including the decal.
Maybe less.

That is what I put as the value of the damage.

#5834 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I think most pinball repair services would be comfortable at repairing the cabinet for $600 including the decal.
Maybe less.
That is what I put as the value of the damage.

did you have damage in shipping ?

#5835 5 years ago

Yes, I have the same thing on mine.

Quoted from mjannusch:

I just noticed last night that there are hairline cracks in the coloration in the return lane covers. Anyone else seeing this? I didn't notice it on any of the other plastics, but these you see all the time... I haven't touched these at all, so it isn't from me overtightening the nuts or something screwy like that.

#5836 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

CGC was replacing those under warranty if you reach out for support.

Marc

#5837 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

CGC was replacing those under warranty if you reach out for support.
Marc

Me to , who do we call or contact ?

#5838 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Me to , who do we call or contact ?

Chicago Gaming through their support website.

#5840 5 years ago

Opened a ticket ...

#5841 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

That's an ink adhesion failure from screening the PET-G plastic. They've been replacing it under warranty.

#5842 5 years ago

My AFM Remake has a sticky left flipper. It flips but doesn't come back down to rest position. Any idea how I can fix this? THANKS

#5843 5 years ago
Quoted from lmgesser:

My AFM Remake has a sticky left flipper. It flips but doesn't come back down to rest position. Any idea how I can fix this? THANKS

Check the return springs

#5844 5 years ago
Quoted from lmgesser:

Return spring as noted above or debris buildup in the coil sleeve?

It should move very freely and have the spring attached.

#5845 5 years ago

Return springs are okay. Shouldn't be debris buildup I would think. Game only has about 100 plays on it.

#5846 5 years ago
Quoted from lmgesser:

Return springs are okay. Shouldn't be debris buildup

Does the flipper bat move freely when you move it by hand?

#5847 5 years ago
Quoted from lmgesser:

Return springs are okay. Shouldn't be debris buildup I would think. Game only has about 100 plays on it.

Had this happen with my MMR. For me, there was binding, so I had to remove the coil sleeve, clean it, and then everything worked fine.

#5848 5 years ago
Quoted from lmgesser:

I have seen plastic shavings and debris in coil sleeves in brand new games as well as improperly installed flipper mechs and defective coil stops.

So. If its binding, take it apart and investigate.

#5849 5 years ago
Quoted from lmgesser:

Any idea how I can fix this?

Be sure it has a tiny bit of up and down play ( not back and forth ) the pawl may be binding below the playfield on the nylon bushing the flipper shaft rides in.

LTG : )

#5850 5 years ago

Joined the club last weekend. Got Martian Green. Owned an original years ago and I must say, this remake rocks. I think its better than the original. Never thought I would ever say that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
There are 10,549 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 211.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/117?hl=davedigger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.