IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,549 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 211.
#5701 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

this was really helpful. Now it sounds much better (it was -10 before)...

Great to hear it worked out!

#5702 5 years ago

I like the requirements for RTU are all simple straightforward, not too easy but not too hard. Always sees like I can get on a roll to get there, RTU is close enough but still a big challenge to get to.

#5703 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I like the requirements for RTU are all simple straightforward, not too easy but not too hard. Always sees like I can get on a roll to get there, RTU is close enough but still a big challenge to get to.

Yes!

Always there's just one item that stays elusive.

Amazing game!

#5704 5 years ago

I put the starting city on France (figured it would go stepwise down to USA) but it doesn't seem to be, on the second ball it will start on a different country other than France if I hadn't started France on ball one.

#5705 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Yes!
Always there's just one item that stays elusive.
Amazing game!

I was one shot away from Total Annihilation never got that yet.

#5706 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was one shot away from Total Annihilation never got that yet.

Total annihilation has great dots. Love that mode

#5707 5 years ago

I like the strategy required in the game. Taking down the shield, and then starting one of the MBs to beat on the saucer.

It's pretty awesome when you're on Mars, and you start up a MB to help with those 10 dangerous shots.

And the victory laps after RTU are pretty wild too. Big points to be had!

#5708 5 years ago

Need a DBA harness for this anyone got any leads? I'm not having any luck. Got the Mars model it suggests.

Edit: I bought a used one But thanks for the quick answer.

#5709 5 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Need a DBA harness for this anyone got any leads?

Should be right inside the coin door on the left side. Maybe buried in the cables there.

Or does your DBA not have a harness ? Then contact who you bought it from of MEI.

LTG : )

#5710 5 years ago

I want to get Titan rubbers but am confused which will look the best. I have an AFMR LE with green trim. I am thinking red will pop nicely, any suggestions?

#5712 5 years ago

Just picked up this classic model, time to battle some martians!

F22FF61F-C891-44AF-877C-64FB9621781B (resized).jpegF22FF61F-C891-44AF-877C-64FB9621781B (resized).jpeg
#5713 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image]

Sold your Hobbit.

AFM is such a nice game, with short ball times.

#5714 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Enjoy! AFM is super fun.

#5715 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I want to get Titan rubbers but am confused which will look the best. I have an AFMR LE with green trim. I am thinking red will pop nicely, any suggestions?

I have an LE in black, and I went with green Titans, thinking there was a lot of red and warm colors on the game so the green would pop.

I now actually think the right choice would have either been red or glow-in-the-dark. The glowy ones are the typical glow-in-the-dark color in normal light, which actually looks really cool on the game.

If you go red, you won't go wrong.

#5716 5 years ago

I went RED Titans on the Flippers, and WHITE everywhere else.

#5717 5 years ago

Red super bands from pinballlife.com

#5718 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Eat at Eddy’s back in stock (for now

Ordered mine immediately,.. given how quickly the first run went,.. looks like a great mod to have

#5720 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

That's for originals not remakes just a heads up .
Not sure there is a difference but they have them listed separately

I'm pretty sure the wiring connectors are different. A clever owner with a well-stocked spares box could make it happen, I'm sure.

#5721 5 years ago

Whether for originals or remakes, Mezelmods has sold out again of Eat at Eddy's. Damn

#5722 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Red is classic. I’d do it. The green is played out

#5723 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

That's for originals not remakes just a heads up .
Not sure there is a difference but they have them listed separately

Sooooo,.. I just checked my order... in a bit of a panic,.. AFMR x1.
Phew!! I got it right..

#5724 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Sooooo,.. I just checked my order... in a bit of a panic,.. AFMR x1.
Phew!! I got it right..

Those never showed available....weird ?

#5725 5 years ago

Hey gang- for those interested in the Eat at Eddy's Building. Yesterday's batch was a small one. We should have more out this weekend but another small batch. The waiting list is quite long and we are moving as quickly as our team can to get these completed.
For future reference, you can now order either style building- both come with hookups for AFM or AFMR. We can't change the listing now or we will screw up our email notifications. Just know you can choose either variation- the AFM seems to sell out less quickly.
Thanks for your patience.

#5726 5 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

Hey gang- for those interested in the Eat at Eddy's Building. Yesterday's batch was a small one. We should have more out this weekend but another small batch. The waiting list is quite long and we are moving as quickly as our team can to get these completed.
For future reference, you can now order either style building- both come with hookups for AFM or AFMR. We can't change the listing now or we will screw up our email notifications. Just know you can choose either variation- the AFM seems to sell out less quickly.
Thanks for your patience.

Fabulous
now it comes with both connections ....Silly Me I should have known

#5727 5 years ago

Hello everyone, I’ve had my AFM LE #35 for just over a week now. I love it. I was just wondering what the latest software is for the game? I’ve turned down my flippers but really can’t tell a difference. I did turn the auto plunger to max and it makes it all the way around about 80% of the time. Anything I should check or be looking for as far as updates would be great. I did read somewhere that turning the flippers down could blow a board..? Don’t know if that’s true or something CGC fixed? My game was built July 2017. Thanks.

#5728 5 years ago

You need the updated PIC. It came out earlier this year. Contact your distributor.

#5729 5 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

You need the updated PIC. It came out earlier this year. Contact your distributor.

What is the “PIC”?

#5730 5 years ago
Quoted from Davedigger:

What is the “PIC”?

Big chip in the back box. Should say SOL V2. CGC sent them out to address the issues with settings not taking affect and potentially blowing boards. I believe you have to have your warranty info filled out too.

#5731 5 years ago

Rom should be version 2.

It’s a rom chip on the main board.

#5732 5 years ago

Okay. Thanks for the info.

#5733 5 years ago
Quoted from Davedigger:

What is the “PIC”?

See picture. Yours may not have a label, if not it's okay. If it has a label showing 1.0 or anything less than 2.0, leave your coil settings at factory default and contact your distributor to get the updated PIC.

Quoted from Davedigger:

I was just wondering what the latest software is for the game?

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/afm_update.php

Page 1-10 in the manual explains the CGC menu, the first page shows what software is in your game. Or this video will help :

DSC00480 (resized).JPGDSC00480 (resized).JPGDSC00481 (resized).JPGDSC00481 (resized).JPG
#5734 5 years ago

I set feature start on France but it doesn’t start on France.

7B6F94AB-42B6-421B-9EF2-8263DED9BC86 (resized).jpeg7B6F94AB-42B6-421B-9EF2-8263DED9BC86 (resized).jpeg

#5735 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

See picture. Yours may not have a label, if not it's okay. If it has a label showing 1.0 or anything less than 2.0, leave your coil settings at factory default and contact your distributor to get the updated PIC.

Page 1-10 in the manual explains the CGC menu, the first page shows what software is in your game. Or this video will help :

[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow had no idea . My machine has old code and I have never checked the rooms
Thanks again Lloyd

Or the roms

#5736 5 years ago

Hey guys does anyone have a direct email contact for Ashley as he apparently has taken over from Doug at CGC?

#5737 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Hey guys does anyone have a direct email contact for Ashley as he apparently has taken over from Doug at CGC?

She.

Send her a PM here and ask if she does.

#5738 5 years ago

I miss Doug (and I really like Skör candy bars)...

#5739 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image][quoted image]

so my chip says 2.0 but my software says 1.0 on the screen, am I good for adjustments? just picked up this game last night haven't been following.

#5740 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The flippers if slightly drooped are at the correct factory setting.
The lighting is probably set to slow emulation and should be set to medium.
So yes the lighting is fully adjustable, and the flippers are probably correct.

why are they set like this from factory? makes it harder to cradle ball. don't understand the logic here?

#5741 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

so my chip says 2.0 but my software says 1.0 on the screen, am I good for adjustments? just picked up this game last night haven't been following.

That is the current and correct solenoid driver board PIC chip, and game code software release of the moment.

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

why are they set like this from factory? makes it harder to cradle ball. don't understand the logic here?

The flippers are set for optimal play in order to achieve all targets.
The slight droop is intentional.
I really like the way it plays that way, it makes for a challenge or a different feel, its perfect for me.

#5742 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

You are good for adjustments.

#5743 5 years ago

Hey folks
Has anyone had an issue with the shaker not working along with the alien in the topper not shaking.
Only unboxed the game a couple of days ago. Topper was shaking but not now. Can’t find blown fuse or any wires out ??
Anyone had the same issue

Cheers

#5744 5 years ago
Quoted from MJ68:

Can’t find blown fuse or any wires out ??

For a start - check page 1-59 in the manual. CR101 on solenoid power driver board - is it on ? That's your 12 volts which would be for motors too.

#5745 5 years ago

Thank you
I will check that as soon as I get home

#5746 5 years ago

Hi LTG
I checked CR101 and it is on. Not sure what's going on. Even in test mode it says the shaker motor and alien are running, but they are not operating at all

Cheers
MJ

#5747 5 years ago
Quoted from MJ68:

I checked CR101 and it is on. Not sure what's going on. Even in test mode it says the shaker motor and alien are running, but they are not operating at all

That is weird to lose both.

Best go to chicago-gaming.com and open a ticket on the help desk under support so the engineer can look into it.

#5748 5 years ago

I will do
Thanks

MJ

#5749 5 years ago

I just installed the Mezel Mods backboard illumination LED mod. When the game is powered on and off it always reverts back to the flashing LED mode no matter which I set it to. Has anyone had the same problem?

#5750 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I just installed the Mezel Mods backboard illumination LED mod. When the game is powered on and off it always reverts back to the flashing LED mode no matter which I set it to. Has anyone had the same problem?

Contact them, you have a bad controller. The controller has no memory.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
Machine - For Sale
Lonsdale, MN
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
15,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pelzer, SC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,549 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 211.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/115?hl=zennmaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.