IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,549 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 211.
#5551 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

CGC Menu.

Also covered starting on page 1-10 in the manual.
LTG : )

Thanks.

#5552 5 years ago

Strobe light also active when ship is destroyed. Set mine to maximum.

#5553 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Strobe light also active when ship is destroyed. Set mine to maximum.

full disclosure : RAI is a Dr. and first thing he did when we set it up was remove all “consult your physician” epilepsy stickers and turn all strobe settings to max. . If you ask if it’s safe he will say hell yeah

#5554 5 years ago

Just to be safe I have a pair of these glasses on hand (kidding). 06B9BDC3-694E-4773-9585-F00C93EAFECB (resized).jpeg06B9BDC3-694E-4773-9585-F00C93EAFECB (resized).jpeg

#5555 5 years ago

Are we starting a sub forum titled “Ask Rai”; for medical advice ? .....us old guys need a lot of it!

#5556 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Are we starting a sub forum titled “Ask Rai”; for medical advice ? .....us old guys need a lot of it!

I agree with Budman. "Ask Dr. Rai" section is needed for sure!

#5557 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I agree with Budman. "Ask Dr. Rai" section is needed for sure!

you can try and start the thread. But every time I ask him a question his answer is always “buy another pinball machine”

#5558 5 years ago

Ok , let’s see what he says. Dr. Rai, I seem to be having trouble in the “ romance / bedroom completion department” .... if you know what I mean. Should I start taking the blue pill?

#5559 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

you can try and start the thread. But every time I ask him a question his answer is always “buy another pinball machine”

I can deal with that advice!

#5560 5 years ago

guys what's the name of the cord that I need to use that plugs into the service outlet plug inside the cabinet? It's a cord that connects to the service outlet and the other end allows me to plug a normal two prong power plug.

EDIT - I found it

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/H-19601-1

#5561 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Any idea what this drop dead tape is called outside the pinball world. My DI has the hop problem quite badly and to get some tape shipped from the US is crazy expensive.

I used weather stripping

#5562 5 years ago
Quoted from stavio:

I used weather stripping

Closed cell foam adhesive backed

#5563 5 years ago

Pinnovators headphone kits for AFMr:

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=32_31&products_id=79

I have one and its perfect!
I can now play a game with all my other games running and hear everything perfectly.

Every game should have headphone support.

rosh BarryJ

#5564 5 years ago

Eat at Eddy's, Atomic Blaster, plastic protectors installed. Also, that's Lermod's backboard and trough lighting strips.

Thank you Mezel Mods for some great add-ons! Installation was pretty easy.

EDIT: And those are PinStadium lights as well

I'm hoping CGC will soon announce the availability of a AFMr mini-saucer LED upgrade for us SE owners like Doug alluded to many months ago.

IMG_6399 (resized).jpgIMG_6399 (resized).jpg

#5565 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Eat at Eddy's, Atomic Blaster, plastic protectors installed. Also, that's Lermod's backboard and trough lighting strips.
I'm hoping CGC will soon announce the availability of a AFMr mini-saucer LED upgrade for us SE owners like Doug alluded to many months ago.

looks great! i’m looking for an AFMr when someone is ready to sell

#5566 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Is the Atomic Blaster lit?

#5567 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Very nice. I'm not a fan of the Atomic Blaster. It seems out of place. How does it look in person. Maybe the pictures make it look funny. Mezel Mods rock. Love my Eat at Eddy's!!!

#5568 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

looks great! i’m looking for an AFMr when someone is ready to sell

Get a MM/MB and we can trade.

#5569 5 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Very nice. I'm not a fan of the Atomic Blaster. It seems out of place. How does it look in person. Maybe the pictures make it look funny. Mezel Mods rock. Love my Eat at Eddy's!!!

I don't think it looks out of place, but here's another view. It's just a static toy and does not light up.
A previous author recommended temporarily removing the 'N' standup target so you can get a good grip with a pliers on the nut underneath...that's a good tip. It might be harder to notice the atomic blaster toy without the PinStadiums right there to illuminate it.

I'm hoping MezelMods releases a cow or crab mod as well.

IMG_6401 (resized).jpgIMG_6401 (resized).jpg
#5570 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Get a MM/MB and we can trade.

working that angle too

#5571 5 years ago

Just received my LE yesterday. I give the machine a 10 for light show and general appearance, 10 for build quality and audio, and maybe a 6-7 for game play. I owned RFM previously and can't say that I like AFMrLE any better and in fact probably prefer RFM in that area. I think it is a keeper, though, just because of the light show.

Will be interested to see what else comes out of CGC. Probably pass on MB, but would love a new TZ!

#5572 5 years ago

So jealous of you owners. I got to play this on location today and had a blast except for one blaring problem that I'm assuming could be fixed, but wanted to confirm. The machine I was playing on was driving me bonkers because unlike on every other machine I have played, the flipper caused the ball to "bounce" when the ball rolled across it at the point depicted in the image below. This made it very difficult to make certain shots without completely catching the ball.

Is this normal? If not, is this something I could (easily) fix if it was my own personal machine?

afm (resized).pngafm (resized).png
#5573 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

So jealous of you owners. I got to play this on location today and had a blast except for one blaring problem that I'm assuming could be fixed, but wanted to confirm. The machine I was playing on was driving me bonkers because unlike on every other machine I have played, the flipper caused the ball to "bounce" when the ball rolled across it at the point depicted in the image below. This made it very difficult to make certain shots without completely catching the ball.
Is this normal? If not, is this something I could (easily) fix if it was my own personal machine?

It can be fixed in less than 5 mins.

When you have your own game you can tweak them fix them adjust them and make them play perfectly or better than perfectly since of course it's your game and you can do as you please.

#5574 5 years ago

Wondering how many of you AFMR owners have changed to a custom logo (instead of the default Bally)?

01F2CE57-72A0-4C04-8B0D-FF7E857C013B (resized).jpeg01F2CE57-72A0-4C04-8B0D-FF7E857C013B (resized).jpeg
#5575 5 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Just received my LE yesterday. I give the machine a 10 for light show and general appearance, 10 for build quality and audio, and maybe a 6-7 for game play. I owned RFM previously and can't say that I like AFMrLE any better and in fact probably prefer RFM in that area. I think it is a keeper, though, just because of the light show.
Will be interested to see what else comes out of CGC. Probably pass on MB, but would love a new TZ!

Curious what not like about AFM is it the rules or layout? Layout is pretty standard pinball Metallica, IM, or AcDc fan with ramps and loops.

#5576 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Wondering how many of you AFMR owners have changed to a custom logo (instead of the default Bally)?

Yep

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5577 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Curious what not like about AFM is it the rules or layout? Layout is pretty standard pinball Metallica, IM, or AcDc fan with ramps and loops.

I think part of it is the fact that I already had RFM and the voices, sounds, jokes are the same. Also, the same voices and same humor are used in MM. Gets old pretty quickly. Don't get me wrong - it is a great game - just seems very old hat to me.

#5578 5 years ago

Got it, sometimes a game may be great but doesn’t give you that extra special whatever it may be. I didn’t love STLE as much as some people do I just didn’t feel the callous were outstanding and feel like XMLE was a bit off in comparison to Tron similar layout but one is better to me.

#5579 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

It can be fixed in less than 5 mins.
When you have your own game you can tweak them fix them adjust them and make them play perfectly or better than perfectly since of course it's your game and you can do as you please.

This exact issue was occurring on my LE, but on my left flipper when I got it. The ball would take a severe hop and go airborne for over half the flipper length at any speed. I talked to CGC a lot and they sent me some washers to put into the holes that the left ball guide sat in. They told me to push the ball guide downwards while screwing it in with the washers and that made it about 95% better than it was before. It still looks like the flipper is slightly out of alignment compared to the right one but the bounce has been reduced to a very tiny hop and only on extremely slow rolling balls so it isn't affecting my shots anymore. Did anyone else have this issue out of the box?

#5580 5 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

This exact issue was occurring on my LE, but on my left flipper when I got it. The ball would take a severe hop and go airborne for over half the flipper length at any speed. I talked to CGC a lot and they sent me some washers to put into the holes that the left ball guide sat in. They told me to push the ball guide downwards while screwing it in with the washers and that made it about 95% better than it was before. It still looks like the flipper is slightly out of alignment compared to the right one but the bounce has been reduced to a very tiny hop and only on extremely slow rolling balls so it isn't affecting my shots anymore. Did anyone else have this issue out of the box?

Flippers can be adjusted.

The flipper mech can also be moved slightly by loosening the mounting screws and pressing it in any direction you want while re-tightening the screws .

In severe cases the mounting holes in the flipper mech base plate can be side drilled for more adjustment.

There is not a lot of adjustment as the flipper bushing fills the hole in the playfield.

Mostly it's a lane guide issue.

As you have seen they can be manipulated as you see fit.

So keep tweaking it until you are satisfied.

95-99% is pretty good to start.

Different flipper rubbers with different thicknesses also have an effect.

#5581 5 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Did anyone else have this issue out of the box?

I have it on my LE as well on the left side. I was thinking it was because of the flipper being aligned low. Maybe I will try the washers on the ball guide first.

#5582 5 years ago

Now that is class! Simply beautiful!

#5583 5 years ago

Thank you to all on here for suggesting settings changes (you guys seriously all rock!) - I have adjusted the flipper strength to -3 and the incandescent lighting to medium on our AFMR LE and I reckon it's just about right. Was thinking to up the Shaker Motor and Strobe to MAX, but I don't want to scare away the kiddies - they love the machine. Oh yeah, TWD next to it is getting almost zero love.

IMG_9697 (resized).jpgIMG_9697 (resized).jpg
#5584 5 years ago

Just out of interest, who here has AFMR LE # 305 and # 307? I have # 306 (Melbourne, Aus). I think 305 may also be in Aus (Brisbane I think)? Interesting to see where these LEs end up around the world.

E7F28758-5D1D-4026-B0C5-9BB9D407598A (resized).jpegE7F28758-5D1D-4026-B0C5-9BB9D407598A (resized).jpeg
#5585 5 years ago

#305 reporting in from Brisbane in glorious Queensland , and just about to get an Atomic Blaster mod,.. even though they say “it will never work”..

39F28091-2A37-471D-99A4-1220883AD94D (resized).jpeg39F28091-2A37-471D-99A4-1220883AD94D (resized).jpeg
#5586 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

#305 reporting in from Brisbane in glorious Queensland , and just about to get an Atomic Blaster mod,.. even though they say “it will never work”..

What a beauty!

#5587 5 years ago

OKay, I got a stupid question... I am thinking I'm going to want to make an Attack From Mars Remake as my next pin. I'd like an SE... really I'd like an LE... but, I'm not rich and I will settle for an SE... Anyway, I'm still paying off my Iron Maiden(yes, I buy on credit from time to time, its almost paid off... Just about a month and its done), and I want to save up to get an Attack From Mars.
My question is how long will they still be producing these, or are they finished now? I'd like a NIB. Also thinking about getting a Ghostbusters... Don't know how long those NIB will be as well... But, I'm not rich and I'm leaning more towards Attack From Mars as my next one.

#5588 5 years ago

Added the elusive Eat at Eddy's mod, and the awesome Pinstadium kit. Now my MMR looks like poo.

20180727_180914 (resized).jpg20180727_180914 (resized).jpg

#5589 5 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Added the elusive Eat at Eddy's mod, and the awesome Pinstadium kit. Now my MMR looks like shit.
[quoted image]

very cool. mod sells out fast? where else can you find one ?

#5590 5 years ago
hmmm,.. so,.. how many pics of LE serial nbr badges, with location, can we get posted on this thread,... ready,.. set go,...

#5591 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

hmmm,.. so,.. how many pics of LE serial nbr badges, with location, can we get posted on this thread,... ready,.. set go,...

Lol!

#255 reporting from Vaughan,ON, CANADA

1C987213-75AE-4BAE-8F38-21A4CF634BD4 (resized).jpeg1C987213-75AE-4BAE-8F38-21A4CF634BD4 (resized).jpeg
#5592 5 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Quoted from jimbeam42:

I have it on my LE as well on the left side. I was thinking it was because of the flipper being aligned low. Maybe I will try the washers on the ball guide first.

I had this issue on my LE, left flipper too; it was driving me nuts. Almost stopped playing and selling the game altogether cause of it. I tried adjusting the flipper alignment, I tried 10 different pitch settings, I tried adjusting the lane guide and tightening screws while giving pressure to one direction. In the end...I found that one of the lane guide posts (top one of the 3) was too tight. The first few times I loosened it I didn't even notice. Loosening all 3 dramatically one day budged the post free, the little lip of it was caught under the lane guide. It's 99% good now so I'd recommend checking those lane guide posts. If you need a pic or further understanding let me know.

On another note; am I the only one who has flipper strength in the positive? I usually run it at +2 or +3 strength; then again, I am at 7.6 dig pitch so that may have something to do with it. Couldn't imagine playing it slower - game is brutal and I love it

#5593 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I had this issue on my LE, left flipper too; it was driving me nuts. Almost stopped playing and selling the game altogether cause of it. I tried adjusting the flipper alignment, I tried 10 different pitch settings, I tried adjusting the lane guide and tightening screws while giving pressure to one direction. In the end...I found that one of the lane guide posts (top one of the 3) was too tight. The first few times I loosened it I didn't even notice. Loosening all 3 dramatically one day budged the post free, the little lip of it was caught under the lane guide. It's 99% good now so I'd recommend checking those lane guide posts. If you need a pic or further understanding let me know.
On another note; am I the only one who has flipper strength in the positive? I usually run it at +2 or +3 strength; then again, I am at 7.6 dig pitch so that may have something to do with it. Couldn't imagine playing it slower - game is brutal and I love it

Even at 7.6 degrees that some powerful flipper settings. Mine is at 6.5 deg and was getting contestant air balls (when flippers were set to default) making it hard to slow down the play & aim my shots. Since adjusting to -3 my play is quite consistent with better (higher) scores.

#5594 5 years ago

Just out of interest, who here has AFMR LE # 305 and # 307? I have # 306 (Melbourne, Aus). I think 305 may also be in Aus (Brisbane I think)? Interesting to see where these LEs end up around the world.
[quoted image]

number 468 in Brisbane, and I know there is number 463 on the Gold Coast.
Love this Machine.

#5595 5 years ago

Even at 7.6 degrees that some powerful flipper settings. Mine is at 6.5 deg and was getting contestant air balls (when flippers were set to default) making it hard to slow down the play & aim my shots. Since adjusting to -3 my play is quite consistent with better (higher) scores.

Yea I dunno. Game just feels weak and limpy when I have lower flipper power. Feels fast and crisp with the positive power settings. I do like games that are fast, wild, and harder to control though.

#5596 5 years ago

How do you adjust the 3-drop target in front of the Mothership so it sits flush with playfield when retracted? My 3-drop target is not fully extending or retracting in game play or during the test procedure. The microswitches are activating just slightly before the cam is in the full extension of up or down making the target assembly roughly 3/32" from fully extending or retracting.

I do not see any adjustment for the microswitches. Thank you

#5597 5 years ago

How do you adjust the 3-drop target in front of the Mothership so it sits flush with playfield when retracted? My 3-drop target is not fully extending or retracting in game play or during the test procedure. The microswitches are activating just slightly before the cam is in the full extension of up or down making the target assembly roughly 3/32" from fully extending or retracting.
I do not see any adjustment for the microswitches. Thank you

There should be a couple Phillip screws under the mech under the pf. Tightening the screws raises the mech, loosening lowers it. It took a few different times adjusting it for me to get it right.

#5598 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea I dunno. Game just feels weak and limpy when I have lower flipper power. Feels fast and crisp with the positive power settings. I do like games that are fast, wild, and harder to control though.

I have my pitch at 6.5 and The flippers set at default or -1, depending on my power out of the wall.

When I had the game set at 7.0

And + 2 flippers, I was getting too many air balls and too many balls flying off the wire forms.

But I have to admit it was really fun to play and moved like a rocket.

I eased up on the pitch and flipper power just for game longevity, it was starting to beat the crap out of the game.

#5599 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There should be a couple Phillip screws under the mech under the pf. Tightening the screws raises the mech, loosening lowers it. It took a few different times adjusting it for me to get it right.

I see those screws and they are adjusted so that the 3-drop target assembly should go lower if the motor would stay engaged to bring the assembly down. My problem lies with the motor stopping before the cam is fully rotated to it's furthest travel. The micro switches are set a installed a little to close to the cam.

#5600 5 years ago

I see those screws and they are adjusted so that the 3-drop target assembly should go lower if the motor would stay engaged to bring the assembly down. My problem lies with the motor stopping before the cam is fully rotated to it's furthest travel. The micro switches are set a installed a little to close to the cam.

Manually actuate and see if it's binding on something?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Lonsdale, MN
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,549 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 211.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/112?hl=markp99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.