pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 212.
#5502 5 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

I put up a big number on my AFMRLE yesterday. It is almost double my previous high. With the exception of Free Play and 5 Balls per game, the settings are factory. I got a free ball from Strobe Multiball, # of Stroke of Luck and Video Mode. I had finished all countries and started Attack Mars on my 1st ball. I successfully RTU 3 times(I had never had a game with multiple RTU's before) and had several exceptional Total Annihilation multiballs. I remember one of my bonuses was in excess of 4B. The first picture shows how the 12th digit is cut out in the large display. I don't think I'll ever be able to put up a number like this again.

I'm curious why you would have it on 5 balls? Also was the games getting boring this must have been 10+ minute game. Does the audits say how long was the longest game you played?

#5503 5 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

I put up a big number on my AFMRLE yesterday. It is almost double my previous high. With the exception of Free Play and 5 Balls per game, the settings are factory. I got a free ball from Strobe Multiball, # of Stroke of Luck and Video Mode. I had finished all countries and started Attack Mars on my 1st ball. I successfully RTU 3 times(I had never had a game with multiple RTU's before) and had several exceptional Total Annihilation multiballs. I remember one of my bonuses was in excess of 4B. The first picture shows how the 12th digit is cut out in the large display. I don't think I'll ever be able to put up a number like this again.

Why have 5 ball on if you can get RTU in one ball? Is it more exciting to narrowly get to RTU, or to do it over and over in a single game?

Regardless, that's one crazy ass score!

#5504 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

must have been 10+ minute game.

I betting it was a lot longer then that. I'd guess 30 min.

#5505 5 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Why not put up a wanted add for a LE!

Great idea!!!

I absolutely love this game and decided i just want it all! haha

#5506 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I absolutely love this game and decided i just want it all! haha

Very cool! Good luck with the hunt....

#5507 5 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

I put up a big number on my AFMRLE yesterday. It is almost double my previous high. With the exception of Free Play and 5 Balls per game, the settings are factory.

Congrats on the great game! I think you've officially beaten the game on the 5 ball setting. You might wanna try 3 now. Man, what a fantastic score.

#5508 5 years ago

My brand new Afm SE wont power up after 2 weeks and of course I am out of town for the next 2 weeks . Any of you guys had this problem ? Is there a previously noted issue ?
Where to start .? Help

#5509 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

My brand new Afm SE wont power up after 2 weeks and of course I am out of town for the next 2 weeks . Any of you guys had this problem ? Is there a previously noted issue ?
Where to start .? Help

So sorry to hear that. Best thing to do is lodge a ticket with CGC. Sign up if you do not already have a sign in. Check the simple things first and that the power point is on. With machine off, check that no wires are loose inside your machine.

https://chicagogamingcompany.freshdesk.com/support/home

and go from there. The guys are extremely responsive and I am sure will get you sorted quickly. I do remember a few Pinsiders having issues with their power supply.

Good Luck!

#5510 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

So sorry to hear that. Best thing to do is lodge a ticket with CGC. Sign up if you do not already have a sign in. Check the simple things first and that the power point is on. With machine off, check that no wires are loose inside your machine.
https://chicagogamingcompany.freshdesk.com/support/home
and go from there. The guys are extremely responsive and I am sure will get you sorted quickly. I do remember a few Pinsiders having issues with their power supply.
Good Luck!

Thank you sir

#5511 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Where to start .? Help

Completely dead?
Check the fuses first.

#5512 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Completely dead?
Check the fuses first.

Dead dead
Worked perfect then nothing

#5513 5 years ago

Pleasure! You will get plenty of other Pinsiders help too I am sure.

#5514 5 years ago

Lift the playfield and take a look at the LED indicators. Does anything light up under there?

#5515 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Lift the playfield and take a look at the LED indicators. Does anything light up under there?

I have a friend going to take a look soon.
I'm out of town, of course .

#5516 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Dead dead
Worked perfect then nothing

Check the power cable in the back of the game for tightness.
Check the wall breaker.

Check the fuse in the front a/c power box.

Go up from there.

#5517 5 years ago

Check the power cable in the back of the game for tightness.
Check the wall breaker.

Check the fuse in the front a/c power box.

Go up from there.

This is spot on, I'm guessing this is something easy too.

#5518 5 years ago

Thanks all
I'll report back once I get a report
@DesertT1 you seeing this

#5519 5 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

Should we alert the appropriate authorities to the missing digit?

On many other Pinside threads, this might be seen as some sort of fault, but for those of us lucky enough to own this game, it's something to be in awe of. Well done, that's nearly five times my previous best score, and I'm yet to RTU once

#5520 5 years ago

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this fix yet, but when I got my AFMR the ball was flying off the lock ramp. I had some drop dead foam from Pinbits lying around so I placed some towards the end of the plastic part of the ramp (right before the habitrail). Haven't had a ball fly off since. I was also able to up the flipper power by 1. Hope this helps.

IMG_8097 (resized).JPGIMG_8097 (resized).JPG
#5521 5 years ago
Quoted from 22troy:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this fix yet, but when I got my AFMR the ball was flying off the lock ramp. I had some drop dead foam from Pinbits lying around so I placed some towards the end of the plastic part of the ramp (right before the habitrail). Haven't had a ball fly off since. I was also able to up the flipper power by 1. Hope this helps.

great!

what is your flipper power?

#5522 5 years ago

I just got my new ROM 2.0 chip so was able to lower my flipper power. I was afraid to play it too much when it was on stock strength, the ball would go screaming off the lock ramp and not just that but the ball would rebound from the green Martian targets like a bullet, one jumped up and got stuck between the ramp curve and the cabinet wall in the shooter lane.

I did play some but was not enjoyable. But got the new ROM and was able to play on -2 or -1 and it seems to be a lot more easy to play, just hit my first 5 way combo after missing by one combo on the same game. So now I'm more free to concentrate on the game and it's starting to click. Seems like -1 is the best for me.

I hate to say it but before this, I had the game 1 week and maybe 40 games and I was starting to question if it was worth the money. I mean it looks like a million bucks but I was not sure if the rules were deep enough for me, but in 8 games I played today it was great, I was experimenting with the flipper and sling strength was having a blast.

#5523 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

great!
what is your flipper power?

1 over default. About a 6.5 pitch on the playfield. Plays great now.

#5524 5 years ago

Off topic...but are all of the LE’s sold out? Anyone know?

#5525 5 years ago

I just got one last week so most likely there are more out there but don’t know where.

#5526 5 years ago

I am on the hunt for an AFMr. Just curious if I get the standard without going through this thread are there kits you can add or mods to make the saucers closer to the LE?

thx for any help.

#5527 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I am on the hunt for an AFMr. Just curious if I get the standard without going through this thread are there kits you can add or mods to make the saucers closer to the LE?

At one point a while back, they said there would be mini saucer kits for the SE, but my guess is that they didn't sell enough SEs to make it worth the cost/effort. Most people bought LEs and with 1k of them, it was enough to fill the current demand. Just my guess.

#5528 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

At one point a while back, they said there would be mini saucer kits for the SE, but my guess is that they didn't sell enough SEs to make it worth the cost/effort. Most people bought LEs and with 1k of them, it was enough to fill the current demand. Just my guess.

They also said they would have the larger display upgrade for MMr and that hasn't shown up yet. Hopefully these and others will be available at some point.

#5529 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Where to start .? Help

Happy to announce Attack is Back...
Breathe Breathe

Short story the power cord was loose on the back box .

#5530 5 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Happy to announce Attack is Back...
Breathe Breathe

Good news! Now you just have to return home so you can rule the universe.

#5531 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Good news! Now you just have to return home so you can rule the universe.

Cant wait
Honestly I was only able to play 4 days before I left

#5532 5 years ago
Quoted from 22troy:

I put a little bit at the bottom of the wire form and haven't had a "hop" from in lane to out lane since

IMG_20180718_174223238 (resized).jpgIMG_20180718_174223238 (resized).jpg
#5533 5 years ago
Quoted from stavio:

I put a little bit at the bottom of the wire form and haven't had a "hop" from in lane to out lane since

Any idea what this drop dead tape is called outside the pinball world. My DI has the hop problem quite badly and to get some tape shipped from the US is crazy expensive.

#5534 5 years ago

Looking for an AFMr LE as well. Will be at ReplayFx if anyone has one to bring and sell!

#5535 5 years ago

Delete .
Sorry .

#5536 5 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Looking for an AFMr LE as well. Will be at ReplayFx if anyone has one to bring and sell!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/66617

#5537 5 years ago

People have applied electrical tape wrapped along the edges.
Seems to work good there's a product called anti rattle tape which is essentially the same thing.
Also one could turn down the Shaker motor a little bit until it stops rattling the glass.

Noticed quite a bit of rattle with my glass.
Just replaced it with PDI and the problem is gone.
After comparing the two glasses side by side I noticed that the original glass has more of a bevel on it.
Could be the problem for some of you guys.
Just thought I'd share.

#5538 5 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Noticed quite a bit of rattle with my glass.
Just replaced it with PDI and the problem is gone.
After comparing the two glasses side by side I noticed that the original glass has more of a bevel on it.
Could be the problem for some of you guys.
Just thought I'd share.

Never thought The glass was the problem. Anyone care to verify this?

#5539 5 years ago

Hi Club!

One user of this club asked me about a custom pinball card for this pinball and here is my result with rules card for now. Opinions and improvement suggestions are welcome!

"Attack From Mars Custom Pinball Cards - Rules" (WILLIAMS). Designed by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Attack%20From%20Mars%20Custom%20Pinball%20Cards%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Attack From Mars Custom Pinball Cards - Instructions" (WILLIAMS). Designed by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Attack%20From%20Mars%20Custom%20Pinball%20Cards%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos2.jpg

I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards
Attack From Mars Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos1.jpgAttack From Mars Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos1.jpgAttack From Mars Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos2.jpgAttack From Mars Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos2.jpg

I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#5540 5 years ago

Wanted to give my short review. I got my AFM LE 2 weeks ago, had the version 1 ROM so had to wait for the version 2 to be sent out which was super quick. I thought the flipper strength was too powerful and was cautioned not to lower them with version 1 rom. I played maybe 30 games before the version 2 ROM and maybe 30 games after with my flippers backed down which has made it much more enjoyable.

I have played maybe 60 games so far which is a lot for me in 2 weeks.

Initially I was on the fence about if it was worth full price $8200 for nib. I had picked up both RR Woz and DI LE (used) for hundreds less. So that was an unfair comparison because I did get good deals for both which were just 2-3 months old. In other words I was comparing AFM against two pins that were initially $9K-$9.5K but I was able to buy them for less than AFM. So that's a totally unfair comparison and illustrated the price of buying nib. I wanted to get the nib AFM for the warranty and also the used ones in my area were not great enough savings to justify not getting the nib. Plus, I like buying nib somewhat although had not for like 4 years when I bought STLE, since then I've picked up half a dozen HOU pins.

I will also say CGC has been super responsive to my issues (minor) and my game appears to be nicely made. I don't notice any ghosting inserts everything works, maybe I'll need to tweak the shooter lane because the ball may not always make the orbit/top lane when auto launched.

Here is where I was a bit apprehensive to buy AFM. I have read the reviews and see that it's super well loved so I felt that I would like it. But I don't have any older pins like TAF, MM and such. I did own several classics TZ, Totan, IJ, CFTBL etc. but not for like 6 years. I had gotten used to the newer code games from simple like IM to complex like TWD/Woz. I was not sure if AFM was going to keep me interested with the rules (lets face it destroy the saucer many times).

I had played AFM years past and a few times last year but on location and just a few games so I was not really getting to the multi ball enough to get a feel for them.

But after playing now several times a day, I am getting the hang of it. hitting 5 way combos now. I am getting to Martian multi-ball. Got to the super jackpot on standard MB (but didn't collect), got to strobe MB. I will say it's a lot of repeating the same few rules over and over which I was worried about. But it's also great fun. I know the rules are nothing like TWD/Woz layered and complex, but they are great fun and not easy to accomplish (for me) to get close to RTU yet. I am greatly enjoying the pin.

#5541 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

But after playing now several times a day, I am getting the hang of it. hitting 5 way combos now. I am getting to Martian multi-ball. Got to the super jackpot on standard MB (but didn't collect), got to strobe MB. I will say it's a lot of repeating the same few rules over and over which I was worried about. But it's also great fun. I know the rules are nothing like TWD/Woz layered and complex, but they are great fun and not easy to accomplish (for me) to get close to RTU yet. I am greatly enjoying the pin.

You've went down the same road as me in terms of my initial concerns and exposure to this game up until I purchased a AFMRLE. The ones I played before were mostly blown out and/or stock, so I was usually just marginally impressed. CGC hit this remake out of the park. I've owned mine for almost a year now and its still a blast to play. Deep rules? No. However, this game just has that special sauce that a great pinball machine has at its core and the remake LE features just puts it on top for me. Still have to get to RTU....

BTW - make sure you adjust the strobe effects up if you haven't already.

#5542 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

BTW - make sure you adjust the strobe effects up if you haven't already.

Yes, at first I didn’t know about the CGC menu and was not impressed with strobe at all. Now I set it to the power of the sun and it’s awesome.

I’m super impressed with the topper and the multi color saucers.

I was scared the video mode would come up too often because I’m not a fan of video modes but I’ve yet to have it come up.

#5543 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m not a fan of video modes but I’ve yet to have it come up.

Video mode comes up after strobe MB and super jets. Next SOL award always seems to be VM.

#5544 5 years ago

I never knew you could increase the strobe MB ..... will have to give it a go. The default setting effect is already pretty cool.

#5545 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I never knew you could increase the strobe MB ..... will have to give it a go. The default setting effect is already pretty cool.

This what ???

#5546 5 years ago

Adjust the LED intensity of the strobe light for the strobe multi-ball.

It's in the cgc sub menus.

It adjusts from very bright, to epileptic seizure.

I have mine set on medium since I don't want to burn the corneas of my eyes LOL.

#5547 5 years ago

Adjust the LED intensity of the strobe light for the strobe multi-ball.
It's in the cgc sub menus.
It adjusts from very bright, to epileptic seizure.
I have mine set on medium since I don't want to burn the corneas of my eyes LOL.

Thanks

#5548 5 years ago

I cant find where to adjust strobe lighting in adjusments. Can someone tell me which number in adjustments it is? Thanks

#5549 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I cant find where to adjust strobe lighting in adjusments. Can someone tell me which number in adjustments it is?

It's in the CGC settings

#5550 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I cant find where to adjust strobe lighting in adjusments. Can someone tell me which number in adjustments it is? Thanks

CGC Menu.

Also covered starting on page 1-10 in the manual.

LTG : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 79.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/111?hl=tolls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.