pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 212.
#5451 5 years ago

All set up super fast pin, great pin IMO. I thought TWD was brutal, but AFM may be even more deadly.
7986B068-7C48-4CE6-A83F-01C867AF9ECE (resized).jpeg7986B068-7C48-4CE6-A83F-01C867AF9ECE (resized).jpeg
8FC46F91-9D6B-4361-8FFE-5877316F299B (resized).jpeg8FC46F91-9D6B-4361-8FFE-5877316F299B (resized).jpeg
120A93A0-58F8-418F-ADC0-9A4270F088F1 (resized).jpeg120A93A0-58F8-418F-ADC0-9A4270F088F1 (resized).jpeg
B387E0D1-708A-4BCD-BDF9-065C0776D0C6 (resized).jpegB387E0D1-708A-4BCD-BDF9-065C0776D0C6 (resized).jpeg

#5452 5 years ago

I think my flippers are too powerful but I have version 1 rom do my dealer said can’t adjust the strength, anyone know what that’s about?

Also where is the flipper strength setting?

#5453 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think my flippers are too powerful but I have version 1 rom do my dealer said can’t adjust the strength, anyone know what that’s about?

Contact CGC to get the version 2 rom do you can adjust the flippers to your liking.

#5454 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

but I have version 1 rom

See pics below - until you get that in there don't adjust coil power. You distributor is supposed to get it for you.

Quoted from rai:

Page 1-10 in the manual. Or -

LTG : )

DSC00480 (resized).JPGDSC00480 (resized).JPGDSC00481 (resized).JPGDSC00481 (resized).JPG
#5455 5 years ago

Just got my freight-damaged AFMr classic up and running. Had to replace rails, glass, fix a coil that got scraped, and some repairs on the cabinet. Machine was dropped while still in the box. Cool thing was I got it for just a titch over 4K. Tore the machine down to a bare playfield in order to make sure no glass bits or dust was left. A nice coat of wax, cleaning all the parts, reassembly, and I have a brand new AFMr.
I think that my favorite thing over the original AFM (I was an operator back in the days) is how many less points of failure there are, notably with the circuit boards, and the LED lights. Unlike the LED lighting I have seen on other pins, I feel that they did a really good job making it look warm and like the old bulbs. Switching the emulation speed to medium helped distinguishing the M-A-R-T-I-A-N lights. The strobe "light" is FANTASTIC. When I got strobe multiball in my totally dark room, I felt it was a superior effect to the original strobe light.

I wish they used the same replacement armature for the ball launcher. I'll hafta get me one of those. And I wish the coin doors of the late 90's were still used. They had a better look to them in my opinion.

The playfield on my machine is smoother than the one from 96. Plays fantastic. Martians don't shake as hard, but once I get the solenoid 2.0 update, I figure I may be able to adjust that.

Nonetheless, I am super happy!

#5456 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

My original way back when was lined up with the roll pins in the playfield - the tooth pick between flipper body and rubber ring into the hole trick.
Disclaimer : Your game - stick them where they play to your liking.

Couldn't agree more. Initially I didn't want to change the angle of the flippers, but I just can't get used to aiming my shots with the offset. Played AFM a lot over the years and the angle on my new game just doesn't seem right. I'll be adjusting mine next chance I get.

#5457 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Couldn't agree more. Initially I didn't want to change the angle of the flippers, but I just can't get used to aiming my shots with the offset. Played AFM a lot over the years and the angle on my new game just doesn't seem right. I'll be adjusting mine next chance I get.

Agreed on this.....any routed AFM's I play feel extremely off compared to mine now that I've "toothpicked". Also is the accepted fix for the flippers being too strong and sending lock shots flying off the rail still to leave it at -2 flipper strength with 2.0? I kind of liked the faster play with the stronger flippers but even at -1 any clean shot up that lock flies off into either the shooter lane or the right outlane.

#5458 5 years ago

I seem to have some times the ball launch won’t make it up to the top lains, anything to check?

My flippers seem a little droop than I’m used to, is ther an adjustment most people do??

#5459 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I seem to have some times the ball launch won’t make it up to the top lains, anything to check?
My flippers seem a little droop than I’m used to, is ther an adjustment most people do??

Open a ticket with CGC and they will send you a PDF on how to bend the ramp so your ball will launch properly. They may decide to send you a new ramp.

Stock flipper alignment has a little droop. This can make it easier to hit orbits, at the cost of slightly harder center shots. I tried adjusting, but did not like the change to the lock shot and went back to the slightly droopy stock alignment. Both titan and superband rubbers were much better for me than stock rubbers. I ended up preferring superbands on this game.

Here is some more info:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-technical-thread/page/6#post-4461666

#5460 5 years ago

Getting a credit dot with the error Check Switch F8 U.L. Flipper But. Any thoughts?

#5461 5 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Getting a credit dot with the error Check Switch F8 U.L. Flipper But. Any thoughts?

Opto interrupter on your left flipper button isn't going far enough to open the beam of one of the two optos on the flipper button opto board.

Simple bend should fix it.

#5462 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Opto interrupter on your left flipper button isn't going far enough to open the beam of one of the two optos on the flipper button opto board.
Simple bend should fix it.

TY sir.

#5463 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Both titan and superband rubbers were much better for me than stock rubbers. I ended up preferring superbands on this game.

I did the same and it made a very noticeable difference (in a good way).

#5464 5 years ago

I saw someone comment in another thread, he got a MM (no remake for me don’t want a future potential paperweight) <implies the remake could be zip in the future>.

Is that a real concern or is it just a rationalization by somone who prefers original pin not remakes?

I haven’t read much about Stern Spike thread where they say node boards are not easy to source in the future, is that the same with CGC pins?

#5465 5 years ago

You worry too much. Just enjoy your new LE!

Quoted from rai:

I saw someone comment in another thread, he got a MM (no remake for me don’t want a future potential paperweight) .

Is that a real concern or is it just a rationalization by somone who prefers original pin not remakes?

#5466 5 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

You worry too much. Just enjoy your new LE!

man I was going to say the same thing. Rai - there is SO MUCH worrying. Buddy RELAX! Enjoy the game! It looks great!

People have opinions about everything. How does the game feel to you? To me, it feels amazing.

#5467 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Heck, the sun will go super nova. Then what ?

People worry about the new systems. People worry about the older games boards having obsolete parts. Especially considering their age already.

No guarantees as to what the future holds. We have seen right here on Pinside, many people working to keep things going. So I wouldn't worry much about it. Just enjoy playing your game.

#5468 5 years ago

Very well stated Lyod. If the guys that are dropping 10k on Alien with no parts, no support, propritary boards, and only a handful of owners can keep their games going, what do we need to worry about? Besides, out of the thousands of MMR and AFMR owners out there, I've heard of no one having that type of catastrophic issue and that includes routed games with a ton of plays.

#5469 5 years ago

On a lighter note, I just beat the mothership in video mode. Once I RTU, I can die happy.

#5470 5 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Once I RTU, I can die happy

Well of course!
You will RULE THE UNIVERSE ! ! !

#5471 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

You will RULE THE UNIVERSE ! ! !

I was pretty close last night. MUST practice more!

#5472 5 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

I just beat the mothership in video mode.

I haven't even seen the mothership yet, though I did get the extra ball once.

#5473 5 years ago

I was also introduced to cow video mode today. That one was new to me. Hilarious.

#5474 5 years ago

ok, I need to make a trade towards one of these! who's looking to sell?

#5475 5 years ago

Just to clarify my issue of ball not making over (around) the top loop. It's n getting hung up on the bend it's happening as it exits the shooter lane before it even makes the top lane this might be 25% of the rejects.

#5476 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just to clarify my issue of ball not making over (around) the top loop. It's n getting hung up on the bend it's happening as it exits the shooter lane before it even makes the top lane this might be 25% of the rejects.

Contact CGC for support and communicate exactly what you did above. They should be able to provide a permanent fix.

#5477 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Exact same thing happens on my game.

QSS

#5478 5 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

QSS

And you should also contact CGC for a permanent fix.

#5479 5 years ago

Try turning down the shooter lane coil strength. That's all I had to do on mine and it makes it around 99% of the time with plenty of speed (for me).

#5480 5 years ago

guys - what's the easiest way to adjust the VUK next to the right ramp (extra ball, attack mode, etc shot)? I want it to shoot more to the left. 1 out of 20 will go down the middle. Thoughts? I tried changing power on it.....

#5481 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

guys - what's the easiest way to adjust the VUK next to the right ramp (extra ball, attack mode, etc shot)? I want it to shoot more to the left. 1 out of 20 will go down the middle. Thoughts? I tried changing power on it.....

Loosen the 4 screws and twist it firmly to the left (counter clockwise) while tightening the screws.

#5482 5 years ago

If you need more turn.

Remove the scoop and side drill out the holes appropriately until the scoop is crooked in the slot hitting the edge of the wood.

I can get my scoop to hit the left sling if I want.

#5483 5 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

QSS

Mine did the same. I saw someone post here to use a long socket extension. I slid it through the ramp wire running over the shooter ramp. At the point where the shooter ramp is slightly bent down I pushed down to decrease the angle on that bend, slightly on the outer side. It flexes when you do this and only slightly alter the angle as you can only push down just a bit before it bottoms out on the pf. Never had a problem since.

#5484 5 years ago

Even at -3 I'm still getting hard shots up the lock ramp flying off the wireform and into the glass/shooter lane/right outlane....anyone came up with a fix for this? The shots are already pretty weak at this point at -3....I'd really like to have the game on the default settings for strength but it's really frustrating to get punished for making the lock shot.

#5485 5 years ago

Loosen the 4 screws and twist it firmly to the left (counter clockwise) while tightening the screws.

thanks that helped!

#5486 5 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Even at -3 I'm still getting hard shots up the lock ramp flying off the wireform and into the glass/shooter lane/right outlane....anyone came up with a fix for this? The shots are already pretty weak at this point at -3....I'd really like to have the game on the default settings for strength but it's really frustrating to get punished for making the lock shot.

I’m interested in this as well.

#5487 5 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

I was getting some balls flying off the right wire form into the outline sometimes into the shooter Lane.

I bent the mounting clip above the right slingshot up a little bit.

I then put a little more twist in The lower part of the wireform to give the lower edge of it more Bank.

Balls are staying on the wireform for the most part and my flippers are on default settings.

#5488 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m interested in this as well.

I had to set mine to -4 to avoid this.

#5489 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I had to set mine to -4 to avoid this.

I didn't like the way the game played at - 4 so I adjusted the ramp instead.

#5490 5 years ago

I’m surprised this was not address

I was getting some balls flying off the right wire form into the outline sometimes into the shooter Lane.
I then put a little more twist in The lower part of the wireform to give the lower edge of it more Bank.
Balls are staying on the wireform for the most part and my flippers are on default settings.

Do you have a picture of this?

#5491 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m surprised this was not address

Do you have a picture of this?

Pictures are not really necessary it looks exactly the same.

I like the way the game plays so much on the default flipper settings that I chose to adjust the ramp other than lower the flipper settings.

#5492 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Eat at Eddies not being available already is a pain - hope they get more on the site soon

+1 looking for this too for an original AFM

#5493 5 years ago

so after playing some more AFMR SE I've learned to adjust to the bigger screen as the redone color looks great on it. I'll have to live with the blown up pixels I guess...the new color parts looks really good. Not sure I'm a huge fan of the smaller speakers but again, the new color parts (redrawn to not look like pixels) looks very good. They look good on classic too. Great game.

#5494 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so after playing some more AFMR SE I've learned to adjust to the bigger screen as the redone color looks great on it. I'll have to live with the blown up pixels I guess...the new color parts looks really good. Not sure I'm a huge fan of the smaller speakers but again, the new color parts (redrawn to not look like pixels looks very good). They look good on classic too. Great game.

When I looked and played the Prototype before the game was officially announced, the big screen was an instant sell for me.

#5495 5 years ago

Thanks, will give this a shot!
Could you maybe just take a picture indicating where exactly you bent the wireform? I just don't want to bend in the wrong spot and screw anything up.

#5496 5 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Thanks, will give this a shot!
Could you maybe just take a picture indicating where exactly you bent the wireform? I just don't want to bend in the wrong spot and screw anything up.

There is no right or wrong spot but if you look at the last 8 to 10 in of the wire form where the last Bend is.

You can see obviously that if it was raised up it would increase the bank then the balls won't fly off of it.

I have never "not" had to bend and adjust a wire form on a pinball machine.

They all need to be tweaked here and there it's just wire, bend it as you see fit to make it work properly.

There really is no right or wrong just whether or not it works.

#5497 5 years ago

There is no right or wrong spot but if you look at the last 8 to 10 in of the wire form where the last Bend is.
You can see obviously that if it was raised up it would increase the bank then the balls won't fly off of it.
I have never "not" had to bend and adjust a wire form on a pinball machine.
They all need to be tweaked here and there it's just wire, bend it as you see fit to make it work properly.
There really is no right or wrong just whether or not it works.

Understood, thanks for the info!

#5498 5 years ago

I put up a big number on my AFMRLE yesterday. It is almost double my previous high. With the exception of Free Play and 5 Balls per game, the settings are factory. I got a free ball from Strobe Multiball, # of Stroke of Luck and Video Mode. I had finished all countries and started Attack Mars on my 1st ball. I successfully RTU 3 times(I had never had a game with multiple RTU's before) and had several exceptional Total Annihilation multiballs. I remember one of my bonuses was in excess of 4B. The first picture shows how the 12th digit is cut out in the large display. I don't think I'll ever be able to put up a number like this again.

20180717_145548 (resized).jpg20180717_145548 (resized).jpg20180717_145557 (resized).jpg20180717_145557 (resized).jpg
#5499 5 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

I put up a big number on my AFMRLE yesterday. It is almost double my previous high. With the exception of Free Play and 5 Balls per game, the settings are factory. I got a free ball from Strobe Multiball, # of Stroke of Luck and Video Mode. I had finished all countries and started Attack Mars on my 1st ball. I successfully RTU 3 times(I had never had a game with multiple RTU's before) and had several exceptional Total Annihilation multiballs. I remember one of my bonuses was in excess of 4B. The first picture shows how the 12th digit is cut out in the large display. I don't think I'll ever be able to put up a number like this again.

Nice QA testing! You found a great boundary condition

#5500 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so after playing some more AFMR SE I've learned to adjust to the bigger screen as the redone color looks great on it. I'll have to live with the blown up pixels I guess...the new color parts looks really good. Not sure I'm a huge fan of the smaller speakers but again, the new color parts (redrawn to not look like pixels) looks very good. They look good on classic too. Great game.

Why not put up a wanted add for a LE!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 79.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/110?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.