pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 212.
#5401 5 years ago

It looks amazing!... what about the installation please? does it requires to add cables, do some cutting or connections? …for Batman 66 I had to wait for a month to install the Atomic Pile, I needed my Brother’s help

#5402 5 years ago

Hires is built into the graphics on AFMR as they were all redrawn for the much much much higher res colour screens.

#5403 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Hires is built into the graphics on AFMR as they were all redrawn for the much much much higher res colour screens.

Not all of it was redrawn - half of it is still pixel style (see my earlier comments).

btw I installed the color on the classic yesterday and it looks great. What's odd is that the main saucer not displayed additional colors too. I might take a video as I didn't see any classic with color just SE and LE online

#5404 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

not sure I understand. All I am asking is when the shaker goes off. Technically when does the motor go off? Is it JUST center shot or is it more?
I am not asking if the shaker itself makes enough of a diff.
You mentioned it goes off more than the center - if so when else? Just curious.

Would appreciate if someone can confirm when the shaker goes off in this game. Something that would be great would be jackpot shots....I'm seeing varied responses would like more feedback thanks!

#5405 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

That’s great to know. I wasn’t aware of that.

#5406 5 years ago

So are they temporarily out of stock or what?

#5407 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m so excited about my new AFM it’s on the truck just in Kentucky now. Hopefully it’ll be arriving Friday but I’ve got no delivery notice yet.

Congratulations! AFMr is as good as pinball gets in my opinion.

#5408 5 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Congratulations! AFMr is as good as pinball gets in my opinion.

I see that, going by reputation.

Like I said, have played AFM before but can't say more than 30-40 times, it was more like few games here and there. I just always thought it shot great like SM or Met pro or IM but those pins were a lot cheaper and have more complex/deep rules (maybe not IM) but the other two, so I never really thought AFM was really that much better (to warrant spending so much more). As I said this was only casual playing I had not really got too far into AFM like collecting a super jackpot or strobe multiball.

I suppose that it's great because it's fairly basic for beginners to play but hard enough to keep it around as I see a lot of people have it for such a long time. If was too easy people wouldn't keep it around. Also (to me) the mega deep game like Lotr while great being deep, I only see the first 30-40% of the code all the time and never see end.

#5409 5 years ago

The shaker goes off at the start of multiball and also when scoring jackpots. Its used really well in the game.

#5410 5 years ago
Quoted from Dopes214tx:

The shaker goes off at the start of multiball and also when scoring jackpots. Its used really well in the game.

agreed. it's not overused or underused. it's a nice balance that feels good.

#5411 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

It looks amazing!... what about the installation please? does it requires to add cables, do some cutting or connections? …for Batman 66 I had to wait for a month to install the Atomic Pile, I needed my Brother’s help

Super easy installation, The Eat at Eddy's building mod comes with everything needed, cables, adhesive etc. Took me 15 minutes for the install.
The instructions can be seen on Mezel Mods website.

#5412 5 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Super easy installation, The Eat at Eddy's building mod comes with everything needed, cables, adhesive etc. Took me 15 minutes for the install.

Tried to order one of those and they're sold out already. Jumped on the waiting list.

#5413 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not all of it was redrawn - half of it is still pixel style (see my earlier comments).
btw I installed the color on the classic yesterday and it looks great. What's odd is that the main saucer not displayed additional colors too. I might take a video as I didn't see any classic with color just SE and LE online

huh? no sorry but it was all_ redrawn.

It has to be so that the colours work and that it lights enough pixels

standard DMD is 128 by 32 - the screen resolution on AFMR is 1280x600

On some of the fonts etc they may have not been re-drawn well but that a different issue.

Look at my stream here with direct DMD input from AFMR:

MMR is same.

Neil.

#5414 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

huh? no sorry but it was all_ redrawn.
It has to be so that the colours work and that it lights enough pixels
standard DMD is 128 by 32 - the screen resolution on AFMR is 1280x600
On some of the fonts etc they may have not been re-drawn well but that a different issue.
Look at my stream here with direct DMD input from AFMR:

MMR is same.
Neil.

Neil that is my point. Some/majority of the dots are blown up on the larger screen and look super pixelated. Not a good look.

I think that's what you mean by not redrawn well? I couldn't agree more.

Owning the color now, they did a fantastic job in the animated scenes. It's like a hybrid of pixels and hires. The rest doesn't look scaled in a similar fashion and comes off as ultra pixelated.

#5415 5 years ago

I'm generally not a big mod fan but that Eat at Eddies is too cool. Way better than the 'duct work' just hanging out next to the saucer. Does anyone know of blades that install between the in/out lanes? My TAF has them and I have issues with the right side bouncing to out lane.

#5416 5 years ago

Not to knock on Eat at Eddies but I seem to remember some nice VUK decals, am I imagining this or what?

#5417 5 years ago

anyone done the Mezel mod scoop illumination mod, and/or the Atomic Blaster ?
I have them coming, and they both look bonehead easy to install.
Eat at Eddies not being available already is a pain - hope they get more on the site soon

#5418 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

I have them coming, and they both look bonehead easy to install.
Eat at Eddies not being available already is a pain - hope they get more on the site soon

I kinda like the ductwork look of the vuk...

#5419 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Neil that is my point. Some/majority of the dots are blown up on the larger screen and look super pixelated. Not a good look.
I think that's what you mean by not redrawn well? I couldn't agree more.
Owning the color now, they did a fantastic job in the animated scenes. It's like a hybrid of pixels and hires. The rest doesn't look too be scaled in a similar fashion and comes off as ultra pixelated.

I think its meant to be like that and I like it. Its not that its bad. Its just that they didn't mess with it. the only thing that I think they could have tidied up is when the small font is used for scoring with the commas it could be better, but I think they have done an epic job with this.

Neil.

#5420 5 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Thank you NVU! I appreciate it man

#5421 5 years ago

1yr 1w on location

1D5CDC98-5ECE-4B3E-B8C0-47AC633E8BC9 (resized).jpeg1D5CDC98-5ECE-4B3E-B8C0-47AC633E8BC9 (resized).jpeg
#5422 5 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

1yr 1w on location

Have any photos of the playfield you could share?

#5423 5 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

1yr 1w on location

That’s a lot of plays, still a very popular pin!

#5424 5 years ago

Before I report a software bug to CGC and look like a possible idiot,.. just want to see if anyone else gets this particular glitch.
I have my game set to Extra Ball on achieving fixed points, and 3 Balls per game. If on ball 3 I hit a shot that takes the score over the 4th total,... but the ball drains straight away (usually a quick SDTM return), the "Extra Ball" call is made, (I think it also displays it as well,.. never looking up that often), the shoot again lights up above the trough,.. but the game fails to actually go to the "Shoot Again" call,.. and does NOT award an extra ball. The shoot again light just goes out, and it just moves on to the next player.

Is this something others get?,.. and/or has already been reported?,.. or is it one of those things inherited from the original. Bloody annoying, ... coz just as I think I have saved the game from ending, it seems to be slipping me the bird and saying "SUCKA!!!".

Still love this game tho.

#5425 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

I have atomic blaster. Was harder than I thought but once I figured it out, it was easy. I found it was helpful to remove the N target because that gave me easy access to the nut that is on the bottom of the screw. Once I held that in place, unscrewed and placed the blaster in postiiton and them screwed it back in. I like the addition of the blaster

IMG_20180708_091414656 (resized).jpgIMG_20180708_091414656 (resized).jpg
#5426 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Before I report a software bug to CGC and look like a possible idiot,.. just want to see if anyone else gets this particular glitch.
I have my game set to Extra Ball on achieving fixed points, and 3 Balls per game. If on ball 3 I hit a shot that takes the score over the 4th total,... but the ball drains straight away (usually a quick SDTM return), the "Extra Ball" call is made, (I think it also displays it as well,.. never looking up that often), the shoot again lights up above the trough,.. but the game fails to actually go to the "Shoot Again" call,.. and does NOT award an extra ball. The shoot again light just goes out, and it just moves on to the next player.
Is this something others get?,.. and/or has already been reported?,.. or is it one of those things inherited from the original. Bloody annoying, ... coz just as I think I have saved the game from ending, it seems to be slipping me the bird and saying "SUCKA!!!".
Still love this game tho.

Isn't there a setting for maximum extra balls (per game)? Maybe that's causing the issue you are seeing.

#5427 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Have any photos of the playfield you could share?

I'm heading back tomorrow evening, anything specific you'd like to see?

#5428 5 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I'm heading back tomorrow evening, anything specific you'd like to see?

Just overall pf shots. Maybe some specifics like shooters lane, edges, and under the big spaceship.

Just curious to see how it's holding up since the game is prone to chipping.

Cheers.

#5429 5 years ago

First of all, I love this game and probably my favorite to play. Well outside of my price range, but Cidercade in Dallas (near me) has an AFM LE that is a blast to play. Literally, my only complaint about the pin (foregoing the bad flipper alignment they have setup on theirs) is the M-A-R-T-I-A-N insert lighting. I have a really hard time telling what is lit verses what needs to be lit during game play. I haven't taken the time to read through this thread, but was wondering if that was a common issue with others and/or is there a way to adjust the blinking rate or even turn off the target lights that aren't hit yet?

I've played the original AFM a few times, but can't seem to remember if it had the same type of operation or not.

#5430 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

First of all, I love this game and probably my favorite to play. Well outside of my price range, but Cidercade in Dallas (near me) has an AFM LE that is a blast to play. Literally, my only complaint about the pin (foregoing the bad flipper alignment they have setup on theirs) is the M-A-R-T-I-A-N insert lighting. I have a really hard time telling what is lit verses what needs to be lit during game play. I haven't taken the time to read through this thread, but was wondering if that was a common issue with others and/or is there a way to adjust the blinking rate or even turn off the target lights that aren't hit yet?
I've played the original AFM a few times, but can't seem to remember if it had the same type of operation or not.

The flippers if slightly drooped are at the correct factory setting.

The lighting is probably set to slow emulation and should be set to medium.

So yes the lighting is fully adjustable, and the flippers are probably correct.

#5431 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The lighting is probably set to slow emulation and should be set to medium.
So yes the lighting is fully adjustable, and the flippers are probably correct.

Cool, thanks for the feedback.

#5432 5 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Isn't there a setting for maximum extra balls (per game)? Maybe that's causing the issue you are seeing.

Interesting theory,.. I feel an isolation test coming on next weekend ,.. mind you, I still think that when someone’s says “Extra ball!!”... they owe me that ball.

#5433 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Can anyone confirm what the flipper position was out of the box on the original game? Lloyd perhaps? I've never encountered this alignment on an original game.

#5434 5 years ago

See post 5280 and some of the ones above it for the discussion about flipper settings

#5435 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Can anyone confirm what the flipper position was out of the box on the original game? Lloyd perhaps?

My original way back when was lined up with the roll pins in the playfield - the tooth pick between flipper body and rubber ring into the hole trick.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : Your game - stick them where they play to your liking.

#5437 5 years ago
I would suggest seeing one on a machine. I saw a couple (TPF I think) as was considering for my AFMR,.. but I actually found them a distracting let down (I really really wanted to like them),.. it will be personal preference I suspect.

#5438 5 years ago

I think they are more suitable for location use to draw people in.

#5439 5 years ago

Im in!

2D46EC6C-5910-4C63-975D-BF99B7074963 (resized).jpeg2D46EC6C-5910-4C63-975D-BF99B7074963 (resized).jpeg
#5440 5 years ago

Congrats! Correct trim color choice as a bonus.

#5441 5 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Congrats! Correct trim color choice as a bonus.

I go back and forth on which looks better. Black does look good but green stands out more. More unique.

#5442 5 years ago

Can’t get her set up until tomorrow

64268EB2-8CD7-4034-AC95-07894D0FEA52 (resized).png64268EB2-8CD7-4034-AC95-07894D0FEA52 (resized).png

#5443 5 years ago

Go green!!!

#5444 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Just overall pf shots. Maybe some specifics like shooters lane, edges, and under the big spaceship.
Just curious to see how it's holding up since the game is prone to chipping.
Cheers.

1B1AAFEE-E545-4512-89F0-F5361A299568 (resized).jpeg1B1AAFEE-E545-4512-89F0-F5361A299568 (resized).jpeg2CBFC5C1-04A2-4622-88A0-6475C7CE5815 (resized).jpeg2CBFC5C1-04A2-4622-88A0-6475C7CE5815 (resized).jpeg64317DA6-3778-43D0-8F50-D405568B8574 (resized).jpeg64317DA6-3778-43D0-8F50-D405568B8574 (resized).jpeg875B9F66-D570-49C3-8DC7-4AE421305633 (resized).jpeg875B9F66-D570-49C3-8DC7-4AE421305633 (resized).jpeg8D644A9C-F3BE-47D0-BB53-B5298E6FF211 (resized).jpeg8D644A9C-F3BE-47D0-BB53-B5298E6FF211 (resized).jpegF4F17C92-CD30-4416-9CF8-3A138DE1FA71 (resized).jpegF4F17C92-CD30-4416-9CF8-3A138DE1FA71 (resized).jpeg
#5445 5 years ago

Its Wearing really well!
I guess they are not "prone to chipping".

#5446 5 years ago

#873 - recent mods. Just received and installed Mezel's 'Eat At Eddy's' mod. Very well designed, fits perfectly, and interfaces great. My only concern is I observe no light change in toggling through modes, colors or rates via their controller. Do others have this issue? It would be cool if the flashing rate would change to give a more 'fire/flame' appearance from the windows.
Other mods include the trough light (white) and shooter rod (green).

Waiting for 'Larry the Lobster' to be available for the AFMr machine...

Just logged 900 games, 22 billion high score, but have not achieved all five modes (super jackpot is most difficult) to reach RTU. I'm set up for 5 ball too!

AFMr - Eddy (resized).jpgAFMr - Eddy (resized).jpgAFMr - Eddy light switch (resized).jpgAFMr - Eddy light switch (resized).jpgAFMr - Eddy parts (resized).jpgAFMr - Eddy parts (resized).jpgAFMr - trough and shooter lights (resized).jpgAFMr - trough and shooter lights (resized).jpg
#5447 5 years ago

ok wheres the black le's still available at?

#5448 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

ok wheres the black le's still available at?

I’m the third owner believe it or not.

#5449 5 years ago
Quoted from schwarz:

I’m the third owner believe it or not.

...I must say that you’re very lucky man, 142 plays that’s basically New! And black looks extremely nice in my opinion.

#5450 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

...I must say that you’re very lucky man, 142 plays that’s basically New! And black looks extremely nice in my opinion.

Thanks and about 60 of those are mine.
Doubled the number of plays in two days.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 79.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/109?hl=abagwell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.