pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 212.
#5301 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I reached out to CGC a couple days ago, opened a support ticket, and got this notification today....man that was fast!
Email:
There have been a small number of games that were shipped with an incorrect bend in the upper right-hand Jet Bumper Ball Guide. This incorrect bend resulted in balls ricocheting as they came out of the shooter lane entering in to the Top Orbiter Lane. Balls as a result were not properly traveling around the Top Orbiter Lane. Not all game required this update
I will go ahead and send you the Metal ball guide.
Thank you for your patience,

That’s great!

#5302 5 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

They are sending out replacement ball guides now? The last I heard they just sent the PDF out with instructions on how to bend the existing guide to make it work...if they are indeed sending out new ones I'll contact them for one.

I just pressed down on the bend with a 5/16 nut driver, thru the wireform and flexed it lower a little, problem solved.

#5303 5 years ago

I can’t seem to find in the manual how to replace Replay award with an extra ball instead. Is this an option? If so, can anyone give me some guidance?
Thanks

#5304 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

If so, can anyone give me some guidance?

I can. It will cost you.

A.1 14 Replay Award - set to Ball instead of Credit or Ticket.

LTG : )

#5305 5 years ago

Cheers to you Lloyd, thank you!

#5306 5 years ago

I'm having the same ball guide issue and will need to open a ticket. Super frustrating and annoying especially if your having a great game.

#5307 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I just pressed down on the bend with a 5/16 nut driver, thru the wireform and flexed it lower a little, problem solved.

Did you press down right in the center of the ball guide between the wire form or favor the left or right side more? I'm gonna try this later this week before I contact CGC.

#5308 5 years ago

My machine was one of the few that had the bad orbit guide. My success rate for making an orbit shot was about 3 in 10. Now that I have the replacement in, I'd say it makes it all the way around 9 out of 10 times.

Here is a picture comparing the original guide and the replacement part CGC sent. The original is on top.

20180209_143328 (resized).jpg20180209_143328 (resized).jpg

#5309 5 years ago

Wow, that's a pretty significant difference. My AFMr is one of the earlier serial numbers, zero issue with the orbits, thankfully.

#5310 5 years ago

That was more pronounced than what I replaced - glad you’re also fixed up!

#5311 5 years ago

Is there any way to lower amount of saucers shot down in video mode for extra ball? I accomplished this only once and not sure how many shots it took but was above 30 which is what I would like to set it to!

#5312 5 years ago

Ahh just googled and read about turning the saucers into cows ! I’ll have to try that also you can use a smart bomb that you may or may not have but the button will not be blinking.....

#5313 5 years ago

Hi guys. I am having a major issue, maybe someone here has had the same problem. My high power F103 fuse keeps blowing. I've gone through 6 in trying to identify the issue. What is strange is if I put in a new fuse and run a coil test with the play field in the up position, tests go great, no issues. The moment I put the play field down and run the test, the first coil powered by the F116 power connector blows the fuse again. Anybody have a clue as to what I should look at?

#5314 5 years ago
Quoted from Ace8Track:

Anybody have a clue as to what I should look at?

Putting in the right fuse ?

Then I'd look for any coil lugs along the edges of the playfield that may come into contact with metal when down. Especially coin door and lockdown bar. Then look for coils with lugs to close to brackets near them or holding them.

#5315 5 years ago

Anyone know or have an idea of how many of these remakes where made/sold?

#5316 5 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

Anyone know or have an idea of how many of these remakes where made/sold?

You mean so far? Pretty sure they're still cranking them out. If they've stopped for a break, I suspect they will start up again as demand dictates. That's how it happened with #MM.

I think all 1000 LEs are spoken for, or at least in the hands of distributors.

#5317 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Putting in the right fuse ?
Then I'd look for any coil lugs along the edges of the playfield that may come into contact with metal when down. Especially coin door and lockdown bar. Then look for coils with lugs to close to brackets near them or holding them.

Thanks! I'll try that when I get more fuses tomorrow.

#5318 5 years ago

I have to say.. I've been keeping track of an LE thats been on location since the end of February, and the thing has been working great. when we checked on Sunday, it was at 18,400ish plays. The shooter lane looks amazing and the SOL scoop is perfect still (mylar was put down in that area). Flippers rebuilt once, and the small spring on the diverter gave out... other than that, no issues! It needs some small adjustments occasionally but has been pretty rock solid for a location machine!

#5319 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I have to say.. I've been keeping track of an LE thats been on location since the end of February, and the thing has been working great. when we checked on Sunday, it was at 18,400ish plays. The shooter lane looks amazing and the SOL scoop is perfect still (mylar was put down in that area). Flippers rebuilt once, and the small spring on the diverter gave out... other than that, no issues! It needs some small adjustments occasionally but has been pretty rock solid for a location machine!

Would love to see pics if you’d snap a few! My PF still looks like it came out of the box at almost 1200 plays.

54BC4895-A892-49A1-BE18-AB885EBB3E87 (resized).jpeg54BC4895-A892-49A1-BE18-AB885EBB3E87 (resized).jpeg6630AAF8-AC59-445E-BFCF-2540E1A41B36 (resized).jpeg6630AAF8-AC59-445E-BFCF-2540E1A41B36 (resized).jpeg
#5320 5 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

My machine was one of the few that had the bad orbit guide. My success rate for making an orbit shot was about 3 in 10. Now that I have the replacement in, I'd say it makes it all the way around 9 out of 10 times.
Here is a picture comparing the original guide and the replacement part CGC sent. The original is on top.

Thanks very much for posting, much appreciated. Ours looks the same as your original one. We have a replacement on the way too. Awesome after sales service from CGC.

#5321 5 years ago

Little extra love for my LE!

IMG_1524 (resized).JPGIMG_1524 (resized).JPG

#5322 5 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Little extra love for my LE!

Where did you get that?

So last night I was able to hit all 4 hurry-ups at once for 1 billion points. I never thought I would be able to pull this off, but at one point I realized I had all the final shots ready and hadn't yet started any of them. Up until this point I wasn't really trying for this, it just worked out. I was able to start each one within the hurry-up time, though I almost lost it on the atomic blaster shot, got it with the last remaining few seconds on the clock. Pretty cool. Now I'm curious how many others have pulled this off?

#5323 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Where did you get that?
So last night I was able to hit all 4 hurry-ups at once for 1 billion points. I never thought I would be able to pull this off, but at one point I realized I had all the final shots ready and hadn't yet started any of them. Up until this point I wasn't really trying for this, it just worked out. I was able to start each one within the hurry-up time, though I almost lost it on the atomic blaster shot, got it with the last remaining few seconds on the clock. Pretty cool. Now I'm curious how many others have pulled this off?

It’s much easier than most think to pull this off: Hit each shot twice lining up the last shot to enable hurry up. After the second hurry up, take your time! Cradle after every recovery shot, focus, and start knockin them down.

I had one game recently over 80B where I pulled it off several times in that one game. It’ll never happen again! Most I’ve ever done it in a single game prior to that is 3 times.

#5324 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

It’s much easier than most think to pull this off: Hit each shot twice lining up the last shot to enable hurry up. After the second hurry up, take your time! Cradle after every recovery shot, focus, and start knockin them down.

I had one game recently over 80B where I pulled it off several times in that one game. It’ll never happen again! Most I’ve ever done it in a single game prior to that is 3 times.

Wow! OK, too me it seemed to be a more difficult task than that. I always end up completing one of the hurry-ups ahead of the others. Quite often I finish one from the super skill shot (tractor beam usually), when I was really wanting to hit the shields. Yah, my shot control has always been problematic.

#5325 5 years ago

Installed my new ball guide last night to fix the hang ups on the right orbit on plunge. Played 5 games and not 1 ball got hung up. Part and detailed instructions arrived in 4 days. I’m impressed with the customer service of CGC.

#5326 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

I had one game recently over 80B

On default settings? Outlane posts at default? If so, you really need to go play with the best in the world.

Are you recording your games?

#5327 5 years ago

I have 9.5" between the top of my header and the ceiling.

Anyone know if I'll be able to put the topper there (especially since it bounces up a bit)?

#5328 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I have 9.5" between the top of my header and the ceiling.

Anyone know if I'll be able to put the topper there (especially since it bounces up a bit)?

I don't think so. Standing still the Martian is about 9 inches up from the head. He must go up and down at least 1/2 an inch.

You could stick the topper up there and disable the up down of the Martian. So you still get the light show.

#5329 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't think so. Standing still the Martian is about 9 inches up from the head. He must go up and down at least 1/2 an inch.
You could stick the topper up there and disable the up down of the Martian. So you still get the light show.

I think you sent me the dimensions before, but my brain is barely functioning some days!

Since we're really dealing with a limited amount of space, are you able to tell me if the martian is slightly above or below 9". If it's even a touch under 9", I think I can make this work!

#5330 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

are you able to tell me if the martian is slightly above or below 9"

Slightly above on my game.

#5331 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Slightly above on my game.

Crap!

Thanks for checking

#5332 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Crap!
Thanks for checking

This problem has already been correctly solved, see the following post.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/19#post-4020722

#5333 5 years ago

Notice I'm the first to reply to that post. Pretty awesome stuff there!

#5334 5 years ago

Lol, good point, I hadn't noticed that.

I just loved his solution to the problem, though!

#5335 5 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Installed my new ball guide last night to fix the hang ups on the right orbit on plunge. Played 5 games and not 1 ball got hung up. Part and detailed instructions arrived in 4 days. I’m impressed with the customer service of CGC.

A ball guide fixed the plunge issue?!

Quoted from Damien:

On default settings? Outlane posts at default? If so, you really need to go play with the best in the world.
Are you recording your games?

Settings were not factory. It was set to difficult (a loop had to be made for each ball lock, even initially when beginning the game). I pulled off the score at Allentown this year. The guy I was playing with walked away after I had 15 billion LOL. I wish I had recorded the game because that’ll probably never happen again. And had I not been interrupted, I probably would’ve pushed 100 billion. Posts were stock.
6AD12706-9233-415C-B13E-32498E115550 (resized).jpeg6AD12706-9233-415C-B13E-32498E115550 (resized).jpegB1DAE468-1E6C-48A3-9019-8B2D7A8B4EED (resized).jpegB1DAE468-1E6C-48A3-9019-8B2D7A8B4EED (resized).jpeg

#5336 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Settings were not factory. It was set to difficult (a loop had to be made for each ball lock, even initially when beginning the game). I pulled off the score at Allentown this year. The guy I was playing with walked away after I had 15 billion LOL. I wish I had recorded the game because that’ll probably never happen again. And had I not been interrupted, I probably would’ve pushed 100 billion. Posts were stock.

That's f'ing unreal. What's your GC on the remake? Saw that video you posted a while back with your son. Cute stuff. My little guy is going on 4, but the other day he did two live catches in a row, and then a post transfer in LOTR, and then let the ball drain and walked away to play trains.

I was standing there with my jaw on the floor. He pulled some pinball wizard shit!

#5337 5 years ago

I’m debating to get a LE.

Haven’t read too much about the remake, is there anything that’s is not great about the remake?

One thing I’ve read was the fading of the inserts, is there much to that as far as being very noticeable?

Was there any insert ghosting issue or cabinet separation as we’ve seen with other new pins?

#5338 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Haven’t read too much about the remake, is there anything that’s is not great about the remake?

Have u read this thread at all. All u need to know is right here!

#5339 5 years ago

Where can I order the greed lighted leg protectors and also does anyone have an extact rubber list. I’m planning ordering green titan rubbers

#5340 5 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Have u read this thread at all. All u need to know is right here!

Over 100 pages, I just need and paragraph summary please.

#5341 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Where can I order the greed lighted leg protectors

PM MUSTANGPAUL who makes them.

Quoted from Mrawesome44:

does anyone have an extact rubber list. I’m planning ordering green titan rubbers

Titan has this available - https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/294

I wouldn't get exact. I'd order extras in case any break. Especially flippers and slingshots.

#5342 5 years ago

It's good, get it. Hows that? Simple, if you like AFM, you will like AFMr, its a very nice remanufacturing of a classic DMD game.

Quoted from rai:

Over 100 pages, I just need and paragraph summary please.

#5343 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It's good, get it. Hows that? Simple, if you like AFM, you will like AFMr, its a very nice remanufacturing of a classic DMD game.

Im not even sure that it qualifies as a remanufacture since CGC made the original production run in 1995 of cabinets and playfields.
CGC is making the cabinets and playfields.

The bally licensed parts are made officially under bally license by subs, same as before.

Its more of an upgraded continuation of the same line.

#5344 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Lenny you are unreal! Another friend has an le & we were playing at his house when Lenny crushes a high score of idk like 35 billion ! The outlanes were set at 1/2 way I’m still trying on mine for RTU and haven’t gone above 20 billion but getting closer

#5345 5 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Lenny you are unreal! Another friend has an le & we were playing at his house when Lenny crushes a high score of idk like 35 billion ! The outlanes were set at 1/2 way I’m still trying on mine for RTU and haven’t gone above 20 billion but getting closer

Thank you my good sir

My best on my remake is 28b. Still haven’t ruled the universe yet (Just to show you how brutal my machine is)! My goal has been to beat It on extra difficult settings the whole time. I’m always three shots away and fuck it all up LOL! When are we getting together man!?

#5346 5 years ago

I've decided to part with my AFMr LE. It's listed in the marketplace. Price at $7400 for a quick sale hopefully. So if anyone knows someone looking for one. Mine has just over 500 plays, perfect shape.

Great game, but i have limited space and MMr isn't going anywhere!

Market looks to be around $7600 for one of these, sucks when it was $8000 new + shipping, but there are a number of people selling at/around $7600.

I do have some PinGraffix Bladeskinz available for sale as well (just haven't posted them yet), those looked SO MUCH better than the stock mirrored ones.

#5347 5 years ago

I’ve just been ordered an LE !!

I’m curious is there anything associated with the Big O Beam or force field specific in the code beside completing for hurry up, combo jackpots and TA qualification? I mean is there any mode specific to those?

#5348 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Thank you my good sir
My best on my remake is 28b. Still haven’t ruled the universe yet (Just to show you how brutal my machine is)! My goal has been to beat It on extra difficult settings the whole time. I’m always three shots away and fuck it all up LOL! When are we getting together man!?

Hopefully soon I’m back to work FT with Sun Mon off ugh

#5349 5 years ago

So I've decided to stay with my AFMR classic. I put it up for sale b/c I loved the game but was thinking of getting SE. I ended up playing one and man - not to put anyone down as it's a gorgeous machine but that large display and speaker lights (but especially the large display) - something just doesn't seem right. Pixels are really large and it just didn't suite my tastes. I ended up pulling the ad and staying with the classic. I love how the classic looks like a restored original. I even went and bought a bally logo b/c I missed it on the speaker panel.

Such a good game.

#5350 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I've decided to stay with my AFMR classic. I put it up for sale b/c I loved the game but was thinking of getting SE. I ended up playing one and man - not to put anyone down as it's a gorgeous machine but that large display and speaker lights (but especially the large display) - something just doesn't seem right. Pixels are really large and it just didn't suite my tastes. I ended up pulling the ad and staying with the classic. I love how the classic looks like a restored original. I even went and bought a bally logo b/c I missed it on the speaker panel.
Such a good game.

Were did you get your Bally logo

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/107 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.