pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 212.
#5201 5 years ago

Back to my diverter chattering or activating during slings or Flippers it might be a loose connection it might be the solenoid driver board I'll have to investigate it further but definitely it's the diverter moving while the slings are running something is amiss.

I guess it's possible that during the vibration of the slingshots in flippers running that diverter is losing power I'll have to investigate further.

#5202 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Should be consistent. Go into CGC menu and turn the launch a little stronger, see if that helps.
LTG : )

Worked thanks

#5203 5 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Look what just showed up

Very nice! Post a pic when it's out of the box too. Great game, love the green.

#5204 5 years ago

I am going to be joining the AFMr club on June 12. Very excited. But I purchased a Special Edition, not an LE. I guess I want some comforting words that I didn't mess up the purchase by getting the SE. I love how it plays do I am confident that all will be good but I have some concern from the ratings only rating the LE and almost everyone seems to have an LE and not a classic or SE.

#5205 5 years ago
Quoted from Atrain:

I am going to be joining the AFMr club on June 12. Very excited. But I purchased a Special Edition, not an LE. I guess I want some comforting words that I didn't mess up the purchase by getting the SE. I love how it plays do I am confident that all will be good but I have some concern from the ratings only rating the LE and almost everyone seems to have an LE and not a classic or SE.

I have an SE and love it, no second thoughts. I'm not really into toppers and that's the main advantage.

I added some nice game lighting to the playfield and undercab lighting tied to the stock speaker lights and it looks and plays great.

#5206 5 years ago
Quoted from Atrain:

I have a classic and really enjoy it. I'm prob the minority but I just don't like how the super large screen looks compared to the original - at least not enough to justify getting it over the classic. If it was SE vs LE - it's all about that topper. It's very cool but I'm kind of over toppers now.

#5207 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Back to my diverter chattering or activating during slings or Flippers it might be a loose connection it might be the solenoid driver board I'll have to investigate it further but definitely it's the diverter moving while the slings are running something is amiss.
I guess it's possible that during the vibration of the slingshots in flippers running that diverter is losing power I'll have to investigate further.

Ball search starts in that area fast. I know after bricking several shots and hitting nothing it will start to open and close looking for a ball.

#5208 5 years ago
Quoted from Atrain:

I think the LE is worth the $700 price bump from the SE, but that doesn’t make the SE bad by any stretch. I wouldn’t say the same dropping from an SE to CE since I think the larger display is a great feature.

#5209 5 years ago

All my solonoids are dead, any suggestions?
Game starts up.
Shaker works.
Running 2.0.

#5210 5 years ago
Quoted from Atrain:

The SE is awesome, you aren't going to regret that. My LE was only like $500 more and I got it for the topper and green trim which I really wanted, but the SE comes with the giant color screen which I feel is the biggest draw.

#5211 5 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

All my solonoids are dead, any suggestions?
Game starts up.
Shaker works.
Running 2.0.

Try open the door, there is a metal bit attached to the door by the hinge that pushes the solenoid isolation switch in when the door shuts. It cuts off the solenoids for your protection when the door is open. Try bending it a bit towards the white button switch to ensure it is pushing that switch in enough. That happened to mine just suddenly. It must have been bent just enough to work then maybe the game got shifted with a bump.

#5212 5 years ago

Here is your pictures Chill, I’m very happy with the quality and fit and finish Chicago has done on these games after owning both originals of AFM and MM. I’m not one for toppers but this one is just fantastic. I’m waiting for a response from them on the 2.0 Pic chip as mine shipped with 1.0.

A2B75B7F-4D0F-4F55-AE87-B2324F82DF73 (resized).jpegA2B75B7F-4D0F-4F55-AE87-B2324F82DF73 (resized).jpeg

767B2278-5E37-440A-B60B-31AA5C53ADCA (resized).jpeg767B2278-5E37-440A-B60B-31AA5C53ADCA (resized).jpeg

8A6E440C-1328-47F1-82C4-A2E3B4BD1F02 (resized).jpeg8A6E440C-1328-47F1-82C4-A2E3B4BD1F02 (resized).jpeg

#5213 5 years ago

so you went MM and AFM. Was thinking about this recently with them technically having a lot of similarities. Interested to hear your thoughts on that after having some time to play with AFM.

#5214 5 years ago
Quoted from Atrain:

I have an SE and love it. No regrets about not getting an LE. Same gameplay, sound, display, and shaker. Awesome!

#5215 5 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

I have an SE and love it.

I also have an SE and love it. You will be very happy!

#5216 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I also have an SE and love it. You will be very happy!

Ditto here, but if a used topper were to show up on the secondary market, I would probably jump on it.

#5217 5 years ago

Hi. Finally set up my LE. Can anyone help me with the connections to the topper? I seem to have a 3/4 female that must go to the set of males above the blank inputs on the board except the male is 4/4. Any help with this all all other connections (though I seem confident with the rest) would be appreciated. I’m including a pic of my board that has what I think is an extra pin. Thanks guys.

6A04DEBB-D72B-4CB7-B24B-013EC19BB51A (resized).jpeg6A04DEBB-D72B-4CB7-B24B-013EC19BB51A (resized).jpeg

#5218 5 years ago
Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Hi. Finally set up my LE. Can anyone help me with the connections to the topper? I seem to have a 3/4 female that must go to the set of males above the blank inputs on the board except the male is 4/4. Any help with this all all other connections (though I seem confident with the rest) would be appreciated. I’m including a pic of my board that has what I think is an extra pin. Thanks guys.

You can either remove the pin from the board, or remove the plastic plug from the connector. I went with the latter.

Marc

#5219 5 years ago

The wires are labeled, if yours shipped like mine with white pins in the harness, remove them with your fingernail and then plug them in. Let me know if you need a picture, but all the cables are labeled as is the pcb board.

#5220 5 years ago

I seem to have a 3/4 female that must go to the set of males above the blank inputs on the board except the male is 4/4.

See my picture. Cut pin off of the board or remove the plug from connector.

amfmrtopperboard2 (resized).jpgamfmrtopperboard2 (resized).jpg

#5221 5 years ago

I can’t believe this has not been taken care of at the factory yet. This oversight was noticed after the first batch. How can they still not have build instructions to snip off that pin? They have built at least 1000 of these since they new what their mistake was, but the newer customers still have to deal with it.

Edit: well probably at least 750 of them since this board is only on the LE.

#5222 5 years ago

Thanks guys. I appreciate the multiple responses so quickly. I didn’t want to fry anything so Kashani and I thought it would be better to leave it alone till we were sure. I will probably opt to pull the plastic plug and just connect 4 to 4. Seems like either way doesn’t matter. I’m happy that I can finally see this topper in action. You guys rule!!

#5223 5 years ago

Thanks guys. I appreciate the multiple responses so quickly. I didn’t want to fry anything so Kashani and I thought it would be better to leave it alone till we were sure. I will probably opt to pull the plastic plug and just connect 4 to 4. Seems like either way doesn’t matter. I’m happy that I can finally see this topper in action. You guys rule!!

Cutting off the pin is the correct way to go, It protects against plugging it in backwards down the road.

#5224 5 years ago

Cutting off the pin is the correct way to go, It protects against plugging it in backwards down the road.

Good point. Thanks. I will go that route

#5225 5 years ago

Hello, does anyone know if I can buy an AFMR LE Topper and put it on my AFMR SE? Thanks

#5226 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Hello, does anyone know if I can buy an AFMR LE Topper and put it on my AFMR SE? Thanks

Go into your CGC menu and see if the topper software is in there. If so then all you need is the topper and small board for the head and harnesses.

#5227 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Quoted from LTG:

Go into your CGC menu and see if the topper software is in there. If so then all you need is the topper and small board for the head and harnesses.

Good point. If you manage to find a topper for sale on the secondary market, make sure to get the topper board as well, since it's not in the plywood box the topper comes in, it's bolted into the backbox.

2018-05-26 17.08.38 (resized).jpg2018-05-26 17.08.38 (resized).jpg

#5228 5 years ago

I'm thinking about getting a SE, are there earlier build dates that have had problems. Should I be looking one after a certain date?

Thanks

#5229 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

I'm thinking about getting a SE, are there earlier build dates that have had problems. Should I be looking one after a certain date?
Thanks

They are all the same.

#5230 5 years ago

so the only hiccup I keep on having is that on ball launch when I want it to go all the way around, sometimes the ball gets caught in the bumpers. It's not 100% going around. I tried to make the power higher and it appeared to work but still getting that issue. Anything I should look out for?

#5231 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so the only hiccup I keep on having is that on ball launch when I want it to go all the way around, sometimes the ball gets caught in the bumpers. It's not 100% going around. I tried to make the power higher and it appeared to work but still getting that issue. Anything I should look out for?

Open a ticket with CGC. There is a fix they can help you with.

#5232 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Open a ticket with CGC. There is a fix they can help you with.

ok thanks

#5233 5 years ago

Diverter chattering caused by loose connection so its fixed YAY!

Now something odd.

Mothership while being blown up causes right or left sling to activate?
I have the slings gapped pretty wide (for slings...) at this point and it still does it once in awhile.

The pops dont activate and I have them set closer than a hairs width.

Sling does not activate by firmly slapping the playfield.

I went through and reseated all of the connectors under the PF.
I reseated all of the plugs on the PC boards....

Has anyone else seen this happen? Or, is it supposed to happen? It would be a cool effect to blow up the slings when you kill the ship.

Let me know.

#5234 5 years ago

Any news on Doug leaving CGC and going to Stern?

#5235 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Any news on Doug leaving CGC and going to Stern?

A thread on Pinside, Pinball News, and TWIP

#5236 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A thread on Pinside, Pinball News, and TWIP

Thanks. Read TWIPs last post and it has no info at all other then it may happen.
Looks like pinball news and Pinside for the win.
Now we just need CGC's response.

#5237 5 years ago

just an FYI, I put a trouble ticket in for a relatively minor issue and I had a formal response and solution within 24 hours - part being sent in the mail. Done. Amazing customer service.

#5238 5 years ago

its obviously true given there is a press release! or its some funny shit late April fool.

Will be important to see who in CGC picks up from where Doug left as he was the main contact for CGC in pinball really.

Hopefully good news for us outside of the US from a Stern point of view. Pricing from Stern on international markets has been bizarre especially here in the UK.

Neil.

#5239 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Will be important to see who in CGC picks up from where Doug left as he was the main contact for CGC in pinball really.

I'm confident Doug will leave that in good hands.

#5240 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm confident Doug will leave that in good hands.

Doug had promised a few people that he would have something in writing regarding the playfield warranty extension. I guess that is never going to happen now.

Never expected it would, seeing that it has been 6 months since he told me this over the phone, but this sort of seals it.

I've now had really amazing experiences with JJP and Stern, and I'll be putting my money into their pockets going forward.

IMO, the only good thing that CGC has going for them, is LTG

They'd be lost without you, sir

#5241 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Doug had promised a few people that he would have something in writing regarding the playfield warranty extension. I guess that is never going to happen now.
Never expected it would, seeing that it has been 6 months since he told me this over the phone, but this sort of seals it.
I've now had really amazing experiences with JJP and Stern, and I'll be putting my money into their pockets going forward.
IMO, the only good thing that CGC has going for them, is LTG
They'd be lost without you, sir

You can certainly spend your money how you wish, but CGC is more than just Doug Skor. You should reach out to Doug Duba (also on Pinside) about the written warranty extension.

#5242 5 years ago

Just put out an SE at Ale Asylum in Madison WI! Happy to be in the club!

IMG_20180603_113822 (resized).jpgIMG_20180603_113822 (resized).jpg
#5243 5 years ago

Just noticed today some scratches on the mirror blades on the left side, Im so sad! I dont even know how they got there, I never lifted the playfield. the only thing I did recently was I put some felt tape around the edges of the glass because it was rattling. Man! I wonder if the ball hit that area cause that.. anyone have any scratches too?

#5244 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Just noticed today some scratches on the mirror blades on the left side, Im so sad! I dont even know how they got there, I never lifted the playfield. the only thing I did recently was I put some felt tape around the edges of the glass because it was rattling. Man! I wonder if the ball hit that area cause that.. anyone have any scratches too?

That’s why I hate all blades, look like shit after a while. I wish there would have been an option to not get the blades on the LE.

#5245 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

That’s why I hate all blades, look like shit after a while. I wish there would have been an option to not get the blades on the LE.

It looked awesome brand new, wonder if maybe down the road I can just remove them.

#5246 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

It looked awesome brand new, wonder if maybe down the road I can just remove them.

They are glued to the cabinet, so if you remove them then your cabinet looks like shit. I really hate whoever invented these stupid things. HATE

#5247 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

They are glued to the cabinet, so if you remove them then your cabinet looks like shit. I really hate whoever invented these stupid things. HATE

Thats dumb, how come they just arent bolted in so they can easily be removed. I hate stupid glue.

#5248 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thats dumb, how come they just arent bolted in so they can easily be removed. I hate stupid glue.

YUP side blades are the fucking worst thing ever. HATE EM

#5249 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Just looked and I actually have some on my left side as well, in about the middle of the blade...

#5250 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

We have powerblades (the animated ones with the UFO beams that light up) and they still look great. I'd never have mirrorblades, though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,400 (OBO)
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 210.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/105?hl=abagwell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.