pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 212.
#5051 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Error messages start on page 1-57 in the manual . This explains what you need to do so you don't get an error. If everything is working.
LTG : )

Thank you Lloyd. I'll look at it and get it done

#5052 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Thank you Lloyd. I'll look at it and get it done

Update:

I adjusted the subway switch 2mm lower.

This puts less pressure on the spring inside it and it's easier for the ball to roll over it.

So far in test it's now 100%

I had it adjusted "hair-trigger"
But that compressed the actuator a bit and made the switch spring too stiff or tight. The ball could rest on it once in awhile a have to be nudged free.

#5054 5 years ago

Guys,

The left and right drains are just brutal for me. I don’t want to make the game easy...I want to get better, I am really good at digging the ball out of the center but the sides are killing me...tournament settings anyone?

CB1C9798-CC30-4A79-BAC8-AB040959BF6E (resized).jpegCB1C9798-CC30-4A79-BAC8-AB040959BF6E (resized).jpeg

B05F6753-45F5-47EA-9F3B-A90F70B01CAC (resized).jpegB05F6753-45F5-47EA-9F3B-A90F70B01CAC (resized).jpeg

#5055 5 years ago
Quoted from Damagio:

Guys,
The left and right drains are just brutal for me. I don’t want to make the game easy...I want to get better, I am really good at digging the ball out of the center but the sides are killing me...tournament settings anyone?

Try titan rubbers on the outlanes. They seem to have a better bounce and dont swell up like other rubbers

#5056 5 years ago
Quoted from Damagio:

Guys,

Narrow the outlanes to the minimum.
This is not a hack or a "cheat"
This is an operator option to make the game as fun as possible to make more money.
Open the sling leaf switches slightly so they are less sensitive. You can tighten the slings and widen the outlanes as you get better at the game.
You can adjust pitch of the game higher or lower than the 6.5 recommended.

Most of the operators have the games set for a particular ball time. This is why it lists it in the audits.
They generally make the game easy to play when they first get it and record the ball times.
If they are too long they adjust the game incrementally harder as the players get more proficient.

Pinball is about fun. And fun for the money.
If the game ends too quickly its not worth the money.

If the game is to easy you will get tired of it quickly and stop playing it.

I set my games up to what I consider "just right" not brutally hard but also not easy either.
Pinball should be challenging but still alot of fun.

#5057 5 years ago

Just joined the club! Question. Does the replacement PIC chip reset game count and other audits?

#5058 5 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

Just joined the club! Question. Does the replacement PIC chip reset game count and other audits?

no

#5059 5 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

Check the board in the backbox. If you need the 2.0 or not.

If your game doesn't have the 2.0, please leave the coil settings at default until you get the 2.0 PIC in. If you need it, contact your distributor to get it.

DSC00480 (resized).JPGDSC00480 (resized).JPG

DSC00481 (resized).JPGDSC00481 (resized).JPG

#5060 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check the board in the backbox. If you need the 2.0 or not.
If your game doesn't have the 2.0, please leave the coil settings at default until you get the 2.0 PIC in. If you need it, contact your distributor to get it.

Checked mine last night and it was installed with 2.0 out of the factory.

I find the factory setting for flipper strength to be perfect.

#5061 5 years ago
Quoted from Damagio:

Guys,

Drains are brutal at 6.5 degrees. Adjust to 6.7-6.8 and not only will that reduce drains, it will make flipper catches more doable.

#5062 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

This is an operator option to make the game as fun as possible to make more money.
Open the sling leaf switches slightly so they are less sensitive. You can tighten the slings and widen the outlanes as you get better at the game.
You can adjust pitch of the game higher or lower that the 6.5 recommended.
Most of the operators have the games set for a particular ball time. This is why it lists it in the audits.
They generally make the game easy to play when they first get it and record the ball times.
If they are too long they adjust the game incrementally harder as the players get more proficient.
I set my games up to what I consider "just right" not brutally hard but also not easy either.

Excellent post, I had my outlanes at default to start and it was so brutal, and any AFMs I play on location are the same way, constant side drains. I really wasn't enjoying it much at all...I bumped them down and I love the game now. I still have tough games but balls aren't just vortexed into the side drains and I am looooving it now. Those difficulty changes are there to bring in more money on routing the games I feel like.

#5063 5 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Excellent post, I had my outlanes at default to start and it was so brutal, and any AFMs I play on location are the same way, constant side drains. I really wasn't enjoying it much at all...I bumped them down and I love the game now. I still have tough games but balls aren't just vortexed into the side drains and I am looooving it now. Those difficulty changes are there to bring in more money on routing the games I feel like.

Could you post a couple of pics. on how this is done regarding the outlanes ?

#5064 5 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Quoted from BentleyBear:

how this is done regarding the outlanes ?

The post is in a slot cut in the playfield. Under the playfield is a locknut and washer. Loosen the locknut, slide post towards front of game. Retighten the locknut. Done. Now the hole the balls goes to the outlane in is smaller.

I've attached one of Damgiao's pictures with a red arrow pointing to the slot you move the post back and forth in.

3e2b6b312512c565f584f16c451c39eba0a2d0d0.jpeg (resized).jpg3e2b6b312512c565f584f16c451c39eba0a2d0d0.jpeg (resized).jpg

#5065 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

You can adjust pitch of the game higher or lower than the 6.5 recommended.

I did this last night and it did make an immediate difference. Thank you for this!

#5066 5 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

BentleyBear, it really is easy, and it makes a HUGE difference. I would say it took me less than 2 minutes. It's just like LTG described above. Literally loosen, slide, tighten. on both outlanes. I will post a pic from the underside when I get home later. You won't be disappointed if you try this.

#5067 5 years ago

Has anyone else had a problem with the ball not triggering the pop bumpers consistently? When the ball bangs around above the roll over lanes and comes thru slowly, often times it hits the pop bumper skirt but the coil doesn't fire. Is this a pf pitch issue? It's all 3 of them so I don't think its misaligned switches. My guess is that I need to increase the pitch so the ball has more momentum and will trigger the switch, but wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue first.

Thanks,
Bob

#5068 5 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

Has anyone else had a problem with the ball not triggering the pop bumpers consistently? When the ball bangs around above the roll over lanes and comes thru slowly, often times it hits the pop bumper skirt but the coil doesn't fire. Is this a pf pitch issue? It's all 3 of them so I don't think its misaligned switches. My guess is that I need to increase the pitch so the ball has more momentum and will trigger the switch, but wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue first.
Thanks,
Bob

You just need to re-gap the switches on each pop bumper so they're closer (but not touching). As long as each pop bumper fires in the coil test, re-gapping them will make them much more active.

If any of the pop bumpers don't fire in the coil test, you have a dead coil, broken wire, or some other problem.

#5069 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You just need to re-gap the switches on each pop bumper

When you adjust a leaf blade switch for the pop bumper. Power off. Look at it below the playfield. A plastic rod sticks down from the pop bumper skirt and pushes a plastic spoon fixed to a lead blade. Be sure the rod is centered on the spoon. ( on an older game be sure the rod isn't worn or spoon is dirty where the rod rides ) Then the spoon blade should just be resting on the rod, not pushing it. The shorter bottom one should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it, but vibration doesn't.

#5070 5 years ago

Thank you Vic and Lloyd. I'll take a look tonight.

#5071 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The post is in a slot cut in the playfield. Under the playfield is a locknut and washer. Loosen the locknut, slide post towards front of game. Retighten the locknut. Done. Now the hole the balls goes to the outlane in is smaller.
I've attached one of Damgiao's pictures with a red arrow pointing to the slot you move the post back and forth in.

LTG says it better than I ever could.

#5072 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thanks LTG

#5073 5 years ago

We must build an Atomic Blaster!

4E19F8E3-1BC5-4C99-A308-58F9A69ABE80 (resized).jpeg4E19F8E3-1BC5-4C99-A308-58F9A69ABE80 (resized).jpeg

#5074 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Ah,.. now that looks cool,.. how do I get one ?

#5075 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Ah,.. now that looks cool,.. how do I get one ?

Don't bother, "It'll never work."

#5076 5 years ago

Hey guys how does pitch work? I'm trying to make my game a bit easier and reduce all the drains down the middle. This is currently what my front and back legs look like. Does the bubble at the bottom means its easier or harder. Also im having a problem with the upkick. Sometimes if a ball slams into the lock or through the ship hole. When it goes to kick the ball up it doesnt come out. It usually comes out the second time. Only once it took 3 times to kick the ball out. Is that normal or does something need to be adjusted.

IMG_2079 (resized).JPGIMG_2079 (resized).JPG

IMG_2078 (resized).JPGIMG_2078 (resized).JPG

IMG_2077 (resized).JPGIMG_2077 (resized).JPG

#5077 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Is that normal or does something need to be adjusted.

In the CGC menu you can make the left popper stronger.

#5078 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hey guys how does pitch work? I'm trying to make my game a bit easier and reduce all the drains down the middle. This is currently what my front and back legs look like. Does the bubble at the bottom means its easier or harder. Also im having a problem with the upkick. Sometimes if a ball slams into the lock or through the ship hole. When it goes to kick the ball up it doesnt come out. It usually comes out the second time. Only once it took 3 times to kick the ball out. Is that normal or does something need to be adjusted.

Get an inclinometer or a digital level, they are not expensive.
Set the playfield pitch to 6.5 degrees,

In general the front leg adjusters will be set, screwed all the way in.
The rear legs generally screwed out about an inch and a half or more.

Play the game and measure the pitch with a digital level, its the best.
You can also download and install a level app for your phone however they can vary greatly on accuracy depending on the one you get.

After playing a few games adjust the rear legs up or down a little but stay around 6.4 tp 6.8 degrees with the level.
Find the exact right pitch for you depending on how the game plays.

#5079 5 years ago
Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

Don't bother, "It'll never work."

Revealed,... a Martian is in our midst!! Now,.. how can I connect this to my Hadron Collider power source???

#5080 5 years ago
Quoted from Damagio:

BentleyBear, it really is easy, and it makes a HUGE difference. I would say it took me less than 2 minutes. It's just like LTG described above. Literally loosen, slide, tighten. on both outlanes. I will post a pic from the underside when I get home later. You won't be disappointed if you try this.

Looking forward to trying this out. This game is brutal but a lot fun .The best score i have so far is only 29100000 so i'm curious to see how the machine playes after this.

#5081 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I’m in for one too! When are you planning to have the building for the VUK?

#5082 5 years ago

That VUK bldg looks excellent.

#5083 5 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

It looks amazing! I’m in for mine and another for my Brother’s L.E., are you going to add some small flames on top of that roof too?

One of the new flame-type LED light bulbs might be interesting inside that bldg. Interested in more details when available.

#5084 5 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

You’ve got them back the front - especially with the front legs on carpet. You’ll want the back legs a lot higher and the front legs all the way down. There’s an iphone app called PinGuy which works well. Set it to 6.5 at least.

This would most likely explain your Vuk problems - fix the level and play a few games before trouble shooting the other stuff.

#5085 5 years ago

My AFMr (LE #34) (green trim), purchased from Larry @ Flip N Out is still available.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/63655

$7500, located at 94583, prefer local buyer...no trades.

Thanks.

Robert

#5086 5 years ago

Play field condition update: Anyone care to guess how many plays to date? The machine was opened march 13, this year. No protective Cliffys.

IMG_6554 (resized).JPGIMG_6554 (resized).JPG

IMG_6555 (resized).JPGIMG_6555 (resized).JPG

IMG_6556 (resized).JPGIMG_6556 (resized).JPG

IMG_6557 (resized).JPGIMG_6557 (resized).JPG

IMG_6558 (resized).JPGIMG_6558 (resized).JPG

IMG_6559 (resized).JPGIMG_6559 (resized).JPG

IMG_6560 (resized).JPGIMG_6560 (resized).JPG

IMG_6561 (resized).JPGIMG_6561 (resized).JPG

IMG_6562 (resized).JPGIMG_6562 (resized).JPG

IMG_6563 (resized).JPGIMG_6563 (resized).JPG

IMG_6564 (resized).JPGIMG_6564 (resized).JPG

IMG_6565 (resized).JPGIMG_6565 (resized).JPG

IMG_6566 (resized).JPGIMG_6566 (resized).JPG

IMG_6567 (resized).JPGIMG_6567 (resized).JPG

IMG_6568 (resized).JPGIMG_6568 (resized).JPG

IMG_6570 (resized).JPGIMG_6570 (resized).JPG

IMG_6571 (resized).JPGIMG_6571 (resized).JPG

#5087 5 years ago

my color dmd not displaying. led light red on the control box. all connections hooked up. anyone with this issue?
thank you.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#5088 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

my color dmd not displaying.

The cable from it to the beagle board thing. Reseat both ends and push in real tight.

#5089 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The cable from it to the beagle board thing. Reseat both ends and push in real tight.

no good. reseated everything. all i get is a red led at the display.it turned green for a moment but its dead. it happened to me the other day. all i did was restart it and it worked. now its doesnt work at all.

#5090 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

now its doesnt work at all.

Then go to chicago-gaming.com and under Support open a ticket on the help desk.

#5091 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Then go to chicago-gaming.com and under Support open a ticket on the help desk.

thank you gonna do that. i am second owner on le not sure if there is warranty but maybe they can give me a tip to get it going.

#5092 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Play field condition update: Anyone care to guess how many plays to date? The machine was opened march 13, this year. No protective Cliffys.

1600? What wax you using? Clear looks flawless.

#5093 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i am second owner on le not sure if there is warranty but maybe they can give me a tip to get it going.

No warranty. They can help.

#5094 5 years ago

Attack club ? Need some help
I just got a Black Attack LE # 339
Born on nov 2017 ? Game is flawless,clearcoat looks amazing
Before turning on the switch
What are my biggest concerns.

#5095 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Your game looks beautiful!

Quoted from whitey:

Attack club ? Need some help
I just got a Black Attack LE # 339
Born on nov 2017 ? Game is flawless,clearcoat looks amazing
Before turning on the switch
What are my biggest concerns.

Congratulations! There shouldn’t be any big concerns. You may need to make a quick and easy adjustment to your shooter ramp if the ball doesn’t exit the lane cleanly. That’s been the only issue I’ve encountered so far on mine, and it now works fine. Wax it and enjoy!

#5096 5 years ago

Hey all. In the club temporarily, and maybe permanently. Quick question: after 10 games I got a credit dot, "diverted stuck open" but diverter is fine, diverted works in test and game plays normally. Any ideas? Going to bed now so will have to check into it tomorrow night so thanks in advance.

#5097 5 years ago

Page 1-57 and 1-58 in the manual. Helps you with this.

#5098 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page 1-57 and 1-58 in the manual. Helps you with this.

Thanks Lloyd. Just got the game home a couple hours ago so I'll check into it, don't even know if the manual is in the game LOL. That said; I decided to play one more game and the credit dot went away so I'll see how it goes next few days. Thanks!

#5099 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

don't even know if the manual is in the game

You can download a copy from chicago-gaming.com

Quoted from Eskaybee:

I decided to play one more game and the credit dot went away s

Do the stuff that is supposed to happen and they usually go away on their own.

#5100 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can download a copy from chicago-gaming.com

Do the stuff that is supposed to happen and they usually go away on their own.

I love how great the support is! Good stuff Lloyd!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
$ 210.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/102 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.