pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 212.
#4951 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hey Guys im gonna be ordering a new Afmr in a day or so. What are some things(Add-ons, Cliffies etc)that i should purchase for the game. Does a nib come with leg protectors?

you dont need much.
maybe cliffys.
comes with metal leg protectors.

get the SE or the LE the big screen is nice.

#4952 6 years ago

Just got my LE! #970

IMG_20180423_132030 (resized).jpgIMG_20180423_132030 (resized).jpg

#4953 6 years ago

Just installed Pinstadium lights in my machine. I’m now enjoying my all-time favorite game more than ever!

989E9944-46EC-419C-A4E6-38236C880EFA (resized).jpeg989E9944-46EC-419C-A4E6-38236C880EFA (resized).jpeg

85D58334-02FC-45D2-A82E-7F42F5CCD979 (resized).jpeg85D58334-02FC-45D2-A82E-7F42F5CCD979 (resized).jpeg

#4954 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Just installed Pinstadium lights in my machine. I’m now enjoying my all-time favorite game more than ever!

Nice, when did you buy your pin stadium lights?

#4955 6 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

Nice, when did you buy your pin stadium lights?

I bought them at TPF. Do you have some?

#4956 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Do they dim and turn off with the GI?

#4957 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Do they dim and turn off with the GI?

They are connected to the GI and turn on and off with it. I’m not sure if they dim, but I don’t think they do. Could be wrong about that though. They are also connected to a flasher so there is an additional UV flash that occurs when the game flashes. It’s so much fun to play in the dark like this.

The game is blinged out to begin with and now it’s really blinged, haha!

#4958 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

They are connected to the GI and turn on and off with it. I’m not sure if they dim, but I don’t think they do. Could be wrong about that though. They are also connected to a flasher so there is an additional UV flash that occurs when the game flashes. It’s so much fun to play in the dark like this.
The game is blinged out to begin with and now it’s really blinged, haha!

Looks magnificent!!

Now that I have MMR and AFMR LE I don't think I need anymore games right!?

#4959 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

That looks awesome. What do the pinstadium lights do when you are playing strobe multiball? Are the pinstadium lights on or off?

#4960 6 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

But your MMR and AFMR LE will be lonely without the next remake to join them.

LTG : )

#4961 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Hey Guys im gonna be ordering a new Afmr in a day or so. What are some things(Add-ons, Cliffies etc)that i should purchase for the game. Does a nib come with leg protectors?

It comes with leg protectors. Order your Cliffy's now, he's two months behind due to a flood of AFMr orders.

#4962 6 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Looks magnificent!!

Maybe a Houdini!

#4963 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

haha! VALID! (but if its MB I already have that)

#4964 6 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

haha! VALID! (but if its MB I already have that)

is that my old MB from brisbane i thought you sold all your games

#4965 6 years ago
Quoted from john17a:

is that my old MB from brisbane i thought you sold all your games

Yes bud! I just bought it back! Also bought my Metallica LE back.

#4966 6 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Looks magnificent!!

Thanks! I'm in the same position. MMr and AFMr LE are my only 2 games and I'm tempted to stop there, but probably won't be able to resist MBr if that is remake #3.

#4967 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

That looks awesome. What do the pinstadium lights do when you are playing strobe multiball? Are the pinstadium lights on or off?

During Strobe Multiball the GI portion of the Pinstadium lights turn off (just like the game’s GI) and the UV flashers come on whenever the strobe flashes. But it may vary depending on what flasher you connect to.

#4968 6 years ago

Attack LE owners ?? Can the new screen be changed to no dots ?
Or soothing like a color dmd ???

#4969 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I like the dots. I really like the big wide hi-res screen it seems perfect for the game.
The clean dot free look wouldnt look right on the game to me.

However I did choose the smooth look for the color DMD on my ToM, it seemed to match better.

#4970 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

LTG...looking forward to placing the ToMr next to my AFMr

#4971 6 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Just got my LE! #970

Grats! Enjoy it!

#4972 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

no.

#4973 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

No, and their frame coloring isn't nearly as advanced as ColorDMDs. You often see a single color messing up the screen on in-motion graphics (colored screens will turn just green, etc). It's in motion, so it's usually quick, but it's irritating, especially if you're used to ColorDMD.

#4974 6 years ago

Well maybe its just me, but the larger screen kicks ass on the LE

#4975 6 years ago

What flipper rubbers do you guys use? Mine had titans in it and I couldn’t catch the damn ball. I put black rubbers on it and it’s still almost impossible to catch the damn ball without it just rolling off.

Also, where is the SoL supposed to shoot the ball to? Mid left flipper I assume ? My machine is level and it hits the metal at the top of the flipper making dead flips pretty risky at best.

#4976 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

What flipper rubbers do you guys use? Mine had titans in it and I couldn’t catch the damn ball. I put black rubbers on it and it’s still almost impossible to catch the damn ball without it just rolling off.
Also, where is the SoL supposed to shoot the ball to? Mid left flipper I assume ? My machine is level and it hits the metal at the top of the flipper making dead flips pretty risky at best.

I'm using translucent red super bands right now.

Scoop can be twisted slightly if you loosen the screws holding it in to adjust it a little bit.

I have it set to pretty consistently hit the upper third of the left flipper.

Mine used to go straight down the middle a lot until I adjusted it.

I also played with the coil settings a little bit.

#4977 6 years ago

Just finished an epic game (for me).

Made it to RTU for the first time!

25 billion points.

It took me a year to do it.
It was well worth the wait.

Amazing experience!

Thank you CGC for making this amazing game available to us.

#4978 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Pinball Life's perfect play flipper rubber works great. Very nice ball control with it.

#4979 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Just finished an epic game (for me).
Made it to RTU for the first time!
25 billion points.
It took me a year to do it.
It was well worth the wait.
Amazing experience!
Thank you CGC for making this amazing game available to us.

Congrats! Still hunting for that particular white whale, myself.

#4980 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Thanks! I'm in the same position. MMr and AFMr LE are my only 2 games and I'm tempted to stop there, but probably won't be able to resist MBr if that is remake #3.

Oh you'd love MB its just an amazing game!

Im hoping that is their next remake so I don't need to try and come up with the funds AND space for it!

Quoted from Damagio:

Grats! Enjoy it!

Thanks mate. We absolutely love it!

#4981 6 years ago

I’m looking to trade my ATFMLE #925 for an STTNG + cash or lesser project, ideally, I’d love a firepower, Space Shuttle or flight 2000. We could play with the money either direction depending on the trades. I haven’t even put the topper on the AFM yet (it’s still in the crate) and it only has a couple hundred plays on it. I’d also consider a centipede, robitron or ? Classic arcade as a secondary option.

#4982 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

During Strobe Multiball the GI portion of the Pinstadium lights turn off (just like the game’s GI) and the UV flashers come on whenever the strobe flashes. But it may vary depending on what flasher you connect to.

Thanks! We are thinking about buying a kit to try it out.

#4983 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Sounds like you are already hooked. Start building or change your house around to fit more machines in. This is more an addiction than a hobby. Still a lot of fun!

#4984 6 years ago

I'm surprised nobody has made a art decal for the remake speaker panel...it's just so...well...um, meh.

#4985 6 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

Yeah, I bought at TPF as well and still have not received mine yet.

#4986 6 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

It's sort of the nature of the game. Set it to 6.8 degrees rather than 6.5, and the added steepness will help you catch the ball.

#4987 6 years ago

After many, many plays, this game is going nowhere.

IMG_6426 (resized).JPGIMG_6426 (resized).JPG

#4988 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

I sold my original AFM years ago..

I can see myself never selling the AFMR LE. Its just better than the original somehow..
I think its the whole package - huge bright color dmd - Topper - speaker Led's - Flashing ufo's.. So much better!

#4989 6 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

What's your top score so far? I know you blew up your DI!

#4990 6 years ago

I put glow in the dark rings from Titan Pinball and green plastic protectors from Pinbits on mine. I think it makes it pop.

Has there been any word on Planatary making more toppers? I’d really like one for my SE.

Rusty

7744554F-EA30-494E-9428-123E489ADD07 (resized).jpeg7744554F-EA30-494E-9428-123E489ADD07 (resized).jpeg

#4991 5 years ago
Quoted from Cidco:

I put glow in the dark rings from Titan Pinball and green plastic protectors from Pinbits on mine. I think it makes it pop.
Has there been any word on Planatary making more toppers? I’d really like one for my SE.
Rusty

Aren't the toppers LE-exclusive? Pretty sure you can't get them except on the LE, even as an additional purchase.

#4992 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

What's your top score so far? I know you blew up your DI!

25B so far. Haven't even ruled the universe yet! Settings right now are extra difficult. No ball save. My best ever was 59B at silverball in jersey

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

IMG_5554 (resized).PNGIMG_5554 (resized).PNG

#4993 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Aren't the toppers LE-exclusive? Pretty sure you can't get them except on the LE, even as an additional purchase.

Yes they are. My god are they gorgeous!

Took some pics tonight. Very, VERY photogenic!

IMG_6454 (resized).JPGIMG_6454 (resized).JPG

IMG_6455 (resized).JPGIMG_6455 (resized).JPG

IMG_6456 (resized).JPGIMG_6456 (resized).JPG

IMG_6457 (resized).JPGIMG_6457 (resized).JPG

IMG_6459 (resized).JPGIMG_6459 (resized).JPG

#4994 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Yes they are. My god are they gorgeous!
Took some pics tonight. Very, VERY photogenic!

Best Topper on any machine ever!

#4995 5 years ago

Best Topper on any machine ever!

Definitely! And created by the original artist of the game, Doug Watson, which is very cool.

#4996 5 years ago

I was wrong in my reply earlier. I just had Strobe Multiball again and the GI and Flashers for the Pinstadium lights remained off during this mode. The only lights that were lit were the game strobe on the mothership, the 3 red inserts in front of the force field, and the “Return to Battle” insert. In my opinion this is actually good since that is the way the game designers envisioned it. The darkness during this mode is what makes it so cool and different. Sorry for the incorrect information before.

#4997 5 years ago

Guys what flipper strength are you playing on? I can't seem to find a setting that makes it seem to shoot well. I'm updated and it seems like the shots are just off, I'm still having that stdm when ejecting from the sol ( need to send a support ticket again ) on any strength setting.

#4998 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I'm still having that stdm when ejecting from the sol

Loosen screws and turn the bracket a little. Or loosen the screws and put a washer between the bracket and playfield on the left side.

You have the 2.0 PIC on the driver board ?

#4999 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Loosen screws and turn the bracket a little. Or loosen the screws and put a washer between the bracket and playfield on the left side.

You have the 2.0 PIC on the driver board ?

I tried loosening the screws but I can't get enough play, I need to still try the washer trick, I submitted a ticket and ultimately a fix was to widen out the holes so I could get more movement. Washers sound a lot easier. I do have 2.0 installed, it seems like my flippers are just off since I installed it.

#5000 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I honestly have no idea. But I had seen this listing on The Ministry of Pinball website and assumed Chicago Gaming had made them available at some point, otherwise why would they list it separately at all?

0B822AEA-D300-46FD-B5B0-951B26BF54A1 (resized).jpeg0B822AEA-D300-46FD-B5B0-951B26BF54A1 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/100?hl=newbie979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.