Topic Stats

• 322 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by stevevt
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpg
4065_20010_4284_(resized).jpg
image-10_(resized).jpg
download_(resized).jpg
lucky-1_(resized).jpg
finger-1_(resized).jpg
captain_obvious_(resized).jpg
20050808-010e_(resized).jpg

There are 322 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 3 years ago

With AFMR being the next CGC/PPS title and due to be announced early this year, what price would be be willing to pay for it?

I heard it will be around $6500-$7000. If they can sell it for that then that's about on par in my part of the world for a restored AFM.

#2 3 years ago

$5495. It's got about as much tech in it as an IMVE, so it should be priced accordingly.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

$5495. It's got about as much tech in it as an IMVE, so it should be priced accordingly.

I would pay this price as well, but I think it will be the same price as MMR or pretty close to it.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

SMVE have the same tech as AFM and it is $1500 more as IMVE...

Quoted from WIKED:

With AFMR being the next CGC/PPS title and due to be announced early this year, what price would be be willing to pay for it?

I don't have money for it, no matter it is cheaper than 5k

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I would pay this price as well, but I think it will be the same price as MMR or pretty close to it.

I agree. Probably 8k, If and when they get to it. Are all the MMr's even done yet? Last I knew still a lot of those to go before I would think they even consider AFM. I think Restored AFM's are closer to 8k anyway, 6500-7k would be a good players I would think.

#6 3 years ago

I want one. I just hope they use sockets so I can put my own leds in and not little soldered on the board leds like mmr

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Okarcades:

I want one. I just hope they use sockets so I can put my own leds in and not little soldered on the board leds like mmr

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a chance of that happening.

#8 3 years ago

I agree, since there hasn't been a catastrophic failure using board LEDs in MMR, believe that will be the standard for remakes.

#9 3 years ago

But I want it super bright and the color of my choice

#10 3 years ago

Paid if full for my MMR LE in May 2015 and still waiting. I know others who paid in full earlier and are still waiting. It seems they are struggling to produce the games they sold for $8k, I would be surprised if they would cut prices on the next title. That said, for the next game I'm going to factor in all the broken promises regarding delivery time in the price I'm willing to pay and probably won't be buying again.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Okarcades:

I hear ya, but we can't get everything we want...for $8K

#12 3 years ago

The long turn around time and lack of choices for lighting will probably keep me away as well. I was really looking forward to a nice new afmr

#13 3 years ago

Is AFM confirmed?

#14 3 years ago

I'm sure it will be 8000-8500, no way they drop the price from mmr.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Okarcades:

Get a crappy AFM and restore it. That's what I'm doing this year. It'll look brand new and still be cheaper than an AFMr.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from WIKED:

I heard it will be around $6500-$7000. If they can sell it for that then that's about on par in my part of the world for a restored AFM.

they cant even get MMr produced and out the door so even IF AFMr is the next title it appears it will be years before you can get one.

For price, MMr was unique since that was where originals were selling for 11-12k. AFM can still be found in lpayers condition for ~1/2 that. They need to be below Stern Premium pricing if they want to compete/sell.

5500 -6000 at max. There is almost no tech in AFM and no reason for it to be more than that.

Aside form that it seems AFM are readily found currently...

#17 3 years ago

Rumor I heard is that AFMr will be cheaper than MMr, it really needs to be in the $6000 to $6500 range or they won't sell many IMHO.

#18 3 years ago

I would guess 7k.

#19 3 years ago

[<-- AFM owner]

They feel the need to charge extra for the colorization software on their supposedly high-margin MMr, but they're going to charge $6K for an AFMr? I'm dubious.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Get a crappy AFM and restore it. That's what I'm doing this year. It'll look brand new and still be cheaper than an AFMr.

I wish I could find a crappy one. I live in the middle of South Dakota and just can't find this title. That's the route I want to go but can't find anything less than 7k and 600 miles away

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Okarcades:

Pretty sure the G.I. will be replaceable bulbs so you will be able to change that as much as you want. The controlled inserts, etc. will be boards. You can still make it look pretty bright and blinged out by playing with the G.I.

#22 3 years ago

Yeah...did I miss something? Has this been announced?

--Luke

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

they cant even get MMr produced and out the door so even IF AFMr is the next title it appears it will be years before you can get one.
For price, MMr was unique since that was where originals were selling for 11-12k. AFM can still be found in lpayers condition for ~1/2 that. They need to be below Stern Premium pricing if they want to compete/sell.
5500 -6000 at max. There is almost no tech in AFM and no reason for it to be more than that.
Aside form that it seems AFM are readily found currently...

MMr slow production timeline is really hurting prospects of the 2nd title - just like unfortunately JJP with the Hobbit. I think the hobby is finally right sizing on - no more prepay, build it and we'll buy it but not before. No doubt Hobbit and AFMr will sell, but counting on up front money is largely over.

Happy for those that want a AFM if it is in fact the next one. I'm really not sure why they don't tee up Cactus Canyon instead. Same reasons you mentioned, originals are still selling in 11-12k which is why to me, CC is a no brainer next title.

AFM should be priced same as a Stern Premium - agreed. But have my doubts it will be. I'll bet it comes in more like a Stern LE.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Okarcades:

I wish I could find a crappy one. I live in the middle of South Dakota and just can't find this title. That's the route I want to go but can't find anything less than 7k and 600 miles away

Yeah...but you get to live in South Dakota. That's kinda cool.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

[<-- AFM owner]
They feel the need to charge extra for the colorization software on their supposedly high-margin MMr, but they're going to charge $6K for an AFMr? I'm dubious.

they know what the market will bear for the original and will price accordingly in my opinion. I see most afms going for 6000-6500. That means 7995.00 for the new one I'm guessing

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

they know what the market will bear for the original and will price accordingly in my opinion. I see most afms going for 6000-6500. That means 7995.00 for the new one I'm guessing

funny part is that they will miss out on lots of sales if they try to shoot for 8k.

Honestly it is all a moot point since they have made such a debackle of the MMr thing anyway. The lies and deception combined with scapegoating and inability to actually get them out the door have hurt the whole remake thing. What is the reality of when AFMr would even be availabel for purchase? 2 years from now?

I have not been paying attention, but how many MMr are actually delivered at this point?

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

Yeah...did I miss something? Has this been announced?
--Luke

Nope, i don't think so

#28 3 years ago

I'm in at $6-$6.5K

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Rumor has it that the 2nd remake is built and ready to go. Wait time should be much less but production could still be painfully slow like MMr. If it is AFM, I hope it gets priced more aggressively. A lot of good games are coming out this year and not sure how many people are going to bite for $8000+ given the MMr drama.

#30 3 years ago

That is cool. Would help them greatly if they actually had them built and ready for delivery.

Honestly, it is a huge pass unless it is competitive with Premium/ RZ/ Heighway pricepoint.

WAY TOO MANY other options at that price point! I will always spend on NEW innovation rather than a remake with no innovation for a company that continues to hoard licenses and not get much done by way of new parts since they took all IPB assets. They have to make an extra good deal for me to give them money.

At this point I see a negative to giving them funds. If they were actually doing more with those funds to push pinball forward (or at least get more reproduciton parts out the door) then I woudl give them a pass.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from Okarcades:

I'm extremely confident that those LED boards will soon be available in the aftermarket in any color/brightness combination you'd want. They do not contain any proprietary parts and are very simple, so they could be fabricated cheaply even by a small-time manufacturer. The only drawback is the soldering, but it's among the easier of soldering jobs.

You can get good results customizing insert colors by using color gels made for photography/stage lighting. I did this to some of the inserts in my MET prem. and it looks great; I simply cut to size and wedged between the PCB and insert (needed to loosen some PCBs), no tape or glue needed.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah...but you get to live in South Dakota. That's kinda cool.

plus he's got the real deal right around the corner

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

plus he's got the real deal right around the corner

SD is great! For some reason it tends to be overlooked (except Mt. Rushmore, which is honestly mostly a tourist trap), but the state contains some of the most splendid, otherworldly natural beauty you'll find anywhere.

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

SD is great! For some reason it tends to be overlooked (except Mt. Rushmore, which is honestly mostly a tourist trap), but the state contains some of the most splendid, otherworldly natural beauty you'll find anywhere.

When we went to SD as part of a road trip that spanned most of the country, we stopped at Mt. Rushmore for about 15 minutes. We walked to the end of the walkway, took our pictures, and said, "Yep. That's what it looks like, alright." We were more impressed by Deadwood and Devil's Tower because of CE3K.

#35 3 years ago

Ya it's flat an cold right now. It was - 17f this weekend. But it's super cheap to live in I tell ya what. You can buy a nice house for less than $90k and you can drive like 10 minutes in any direction and shoot guns because there's not a lot of people on the plains

#36 3 years ago

And I anyone stops through Mitchell SD pm me and we can get a few games In

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

funny part is that they will miss out on lots of sales if they try to shoot for 8k.
Honestly it is all a moot point since they have made such a debackle of the MMr thing anyway. The lies and deception combined with scapegoating and inability to actually get them out the door have hurt the whole remake thing. What is the reality of when AFMr would even be availabel for purchase? 2 years from now?

Exactly, they may miss out on sales at $8k, but sales isn't their problem it is delivering what they sold. Last I heard they still had about 300 MMR LEs + almost all the standards.

#38 3 years ago

That's great the next game is built and ready to go, but it might be year till they can actually start making them if they plan on fulfilling MMr orders first. At the snails pace they are moving on MMr it might be 2020 before they fulfill the next game orders.

#39 3 years ago

At $5900 I feel they have an absolute winner and I'd be in for sure. Attack from Mars doesn't seem to have enough stuff going on to feel real good at a higher price point for me, unless it included an updated color DMD(updated like MMR) at a higher price point. Those are my hopes, but here is where I think it comes out

7950 MMR
6950 AFM (*hopefully color DMD included)
8950 MB (*hopefully color DMD included)

As much as I thought AFM was the next one, I'm starting to hear about Monster Bash being next. Maybe coincidence, but I had a game for sale and was offered MB on trade from 4 different people. Could there be any truth to it??

#40 3 years ago

not to derail, but what ever happened with the high-rez color upgrade for MMr? didn't they state @ EXPO that they would have it complete and ready to ship before the end of 2015?

even if they missed their target date, it seems like they are missing opportunities by not being transparent and giving updates.

#41 3 years ago

AFMr and the 2016 8-week Arena Tour Edition AC/DC Premium will both be rolling off the lines in a matter of weeks.

Fact.

#42 3 years ago

I think if AFMr is priced more than a Stern premium it will fail, eg WD, GoT, ST premiums are great pins with a lot more eye candy and code

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I'm in at $6-$6.5K

Me too, with included color display.

If it's any bit more I'm not interested.

I was first day order for MMr but cancelled on reflection that $8k plus shipping was too much for that game, AFM should be less. I'd rather buy a game like Met pro or IMVE for $4700.

#44 3 years ago

Considering the MMR LE's have not all shipped and those waiting on Standard MMRs have no definite shipping date, even considering what the next title is or how much it will cost is sadly futile till MMRs are out the door

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

Considering the MMR LE's have not all shipped and those waiting on Standard MMRs have no definite shipping date, even considering what the next title is or how much it will cost is sadly futile till MMRs are out the door

If there is any chance of the next remake (AFMr or whatever) being priced less than MMr, then PPS will not announce it until they fill all MMr orders.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

even considering what the next title is or how much it will cost is sadly futile till MMRs are out the door

captain_obvious_(resized).jpg

#47 3 years ago

I'm in at 3k if it includes a color DMD.

Now that might sound inflammatory and trollish, but I think that is just as valid as someone thinking these will hit the market at 5500. These aren't widgets where you can make it up in volume. Selling one at 8k probably comes with more profit than selling 2 at 5500. It doesn't matter if they sell less. They couldn't care less that I would pay them 3k tonight for it.

AFM is a fun game. I have always liked the humor in it, and the shots flow well. But the new bar for a full featured game is 8k, so I really think these will be 8k as well.

#48 3 years ago

Afm parts cost is the cheapest game made in the wpc95 era... Best game ever with one toy and the sweetest smoothest fan shots... Code.. The code made this game what it is!!
So hopefully less custom parts and cheaper sell price... But if we're talking real world don't hold your breathe lol

#49 3 years ago

What about AFMLE with the real wood bottom and plaque? 1000 units made with your paid in full deposit of 8k securing your spot for the next 2-3 years.

#50 3 years ago

I'm on the Teekee train and will buy an original instead......

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
There are 322 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside