007.JPG
006.JPG
008.JPG
003.JPG
001.JPG
cheers.gif
AFM_New_Years_Eve_031.JPG
AFM_New_Years_Eve_027.JPG
There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 12 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

Once you know the shots it's a lot deeper than you think. The sound bites and the saucers with the UFO mod make this one of the best games. Better than MM in my opinion.

True, enjoy this one B_R!

#52 12 years ago

B_R you gotta put the UFO kit in. It's a great mod and was supposed to be in the final build..........too expensive I guess for Williams.

#53 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

tatman9999 said:congrates great pin BR. Make sure you get a shaker.

Shaker motor ,, Hmmm !! , Stop putting idea's in my Head ..LOL !! Here's 1 video of AFM i filmed 2-day ..
» YouTube video

Congrats on the AFM!

Hint: when you plunge the ball, hold down the left flipper button. The ball will go through the upper orbit to the flippers. Hit the 3 drop target right away, and it will drop with one hit (instead of 3).

#54 12 years ago

Man...............AFM is waaaaaay better than BSD. I know you are a BIG BSD fan but you've got AFM sittin' there!!! It's a keeper fer sure. Don't sell.

Everyone has their preferences. I had an AFM and although I really loved it overall, it was the call outs, theme, dots, and humor that made it so great to me. When it came to actual game play, I didn't think it was all that great. When you think about it, the layout doesn't get any more simple than it is in AFM. Then again, that's what appeals to many people.

#55 12 years ago

I have a Video of a Xenon at Floorman's Gameroom , It is Powered on with Blue Led's added n the Head . lOOked Killer.. I will see if i can locate the Video and Up-load it.. Also I have All the insert's swabbed out and Led's installed in AFM now. I color matched the Insert's, but i will be Ordering 6 Orange super's for the Big Ole Beam & Tractor Beam insert's.. No Led's in the GI's until after S.tastic has it Shop'd.. I'm still on the List for a New Pinbit's Strobe Flasher .. No more Video's of AFM till after it's 100% completed..

#56 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

BLACK_ROSE said:tatman9999 said:congrates great pin BR. Make sure you get a shaker.
Shaker motor ,, Hmmm !! , Stop putting idea's in my Head ..LOL !! Here's 1 video of AFM i filmed 2-day ..
» YouTube video
Congrats on the AFM!
Hint: when you plunge the ball, hold down the left flipper button. The ball will go through the upper orbit to the flippers. Hit the 3 drop target right away, and it will drop with one hit (instead of 3).

Is this Only on the 1st ball ? I haven't tried this yet ,, but i'm gett-n ready too.. Any more Hidd-n Feature's ? I did see the Cow and worked on that a bit. Can't watch the DMD to Much..

#57 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Is this Only on the 1st ball ?

It's on every ball BR. When you plunge and hold down the left flipper, hitting the 3 drop target lowers it with one hit, and hitting any of the other flashing shots on the ramps or orbits lights all the inserts to that shot with one shot.

#58 12 years ago

Thank's for the Tip RZ ,, That's a Hard shot , The gate open's up and the ball passes rt thru ,,

Alway's Glad to Know some ( Easter Egg Trick's ) does anyone have a Original Manuel 4-Sale ?

#59 12 years ago

B_R you gotta put the UFO kit in. It's a great mod and was supposed to be in the final build..........too expensive I guess for Williams.

Me and S.Tastic looked at that mod the nite i was at his place .. Close to $ 300.00 rite.. If i decide to Keep AFM , That will be added.. Only if i keep it..

#60 12 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

BLACK_ROSE said:Is this Only on the 1st ball ?
It's on every ball BR. When you plunge and hold down the left flipper, hitting the 3 drop target lowers it with one hit, and hitting any of the other flashing shots on the ramps or orbits lights all the inserts to that shot with one shot.

Exactly. I forgot to mention that it doesn't just work with the 3 drop target, but any of the flashing shots. I.e., you can complete the Big-O-Beam ramp or Tractor Beam ramp with one shot instead of three (light all 3 inserts at once). This was always a big deal for me since I had such a hard time hitting the Tractor Beam ramp with consistency.

#61 12 years ago

In video mode, hit the start button to blast everything on the screen, when you get into a jam. It is called Martian Bomb and you only get one.

Also, the holding the left flipper button down gives you a chance to clear any of the shots. Skipping the skill shot really affects your score, though. That 5X bonus is big if you are playing for points.

#62 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

In video mode, hit the start button to blast everything on the screen, when you get into a jam. It is called Martian Bomb and you only get one.

Doh! I didn't know this. Thanks for the tip.

#63 12 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

gambit3113 said:In video mode, hit the start button to blast everything on the screen, when you get into a jam. It is called Martian Bomb and you only get one.
Doh! I didn't know this. Thanks for the tip.

Great New's !! Advice is Alway's Good....

#64 12 years ago

Oops, I said to hit the start button. I meant the Launch button. Hit the Launch button durin g video mode to clear the screen.

BTW - Martian Bomb is an award you can get from the SOL hole. That one is used during Martian Attack, and kills one of the bouncing Martians. The launch button will blink during Martian Attack if you have it available. It will not blink during video mode, though.

#65 12 years ago

I saw a Thread ask-n who's work-n on a Pin during the Holiday.. Figured i'd Post it Here also.. Next week AFM will be tore down . I have Most of my part's in , still missing the back-board City decal , coil sleve's for EVERY coil and a few other item's.. It's gonna Play Killer.. Look @ the New Mother Ship Vs's The Installed 1,, I even Novus the old ship 3 times..

#66 12 years ago

Awesome BR. It's crazy how the original grey saucers yellow over time. I never noticed much on mine until the replacement saucers came in.

#67 12 years ago

All I know is that AFM is a keeper. Great Pin! Congrats! looks great!

#68 12 years ago

Not Sure if AFM is a Keeper for me , But ,, I WANT it to be in Killer shape for the Next Owner
( When ) I decide to sell it.. My 2nd order of CoinTaker Led's Should be in the mail 2-day !!

#69 12 years ago

That's sweet BR! I agree; I can see why people would want to replace the saucers over time, I wonder if it has to do where the machine was kept with the sunlight or if it's just age? Can't wait to see it loaded out

1 week later
#70 12 years ago

In this Video B-Lo Are some Combo Strategy shot's for the 5-way Combo on AFM.. I'm gett-n there..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=_RroLKc4wEQ

#71 12 years ago

PUT ABOUT 1000 WORTH OF ADD ONS TO MY AFM, AND WILL NOT PART WITH IT. THE SHAKER IS INCREDIBLE , THE SAUCER KIT AND LEDS REALLY ADD TO GAME ALSO. MY FAVORITE PIN BY FAR.

#72 12 years ago

AFM used to be my "value" pin but now that it's approaching MM prices, i'm back on the MM bandwagon.

#73 12 years ago

Hold that AFM BR! It will surpass MM in Value!! If you want the Alternate AFM decals email me. We have the same friend and I can do much better than $425!!! I've done 4 in the alternate AFM decals. The cabinet needs a nice coat of clear so the decals stick over time. They look much better than originals. The last AFM with Alternate decals sold in hours!! http://www.kickasspinball.com/AFM-Attacks.html // Error: Image 14480 not found // // Error: Image 14481 not found // // Error: Image 14482 not found //

<sub class="mdrtd">Post edited by Exejet : Pics</sub>

#74 12 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

Hold that AFM BR! It will surpass MM in Value!!

Not unless they start reproducing mm.

#75 12 years ago

Those alternative cab decals are hideous. At least, in my opinion.

#76 12 years ago

Less AFM's made and everyone wants one. ARM's are harder to find and the prices are shooting up. They sell lighting fast. Look at the junk on ebay that's sold. $7k for a route machine with chrome rails? Mirco playfields are pulling $1700. I've sold 2 for $1500. MM playfields barely hit $1200 on a good day. You talk about ugly decals? Look at the originals!! WEAK is an understatement. You've gotta love that orange and black on a green and blue game!! Plus the sterile art work. Give me a break.

#77 12 years ago

I saw an AFM with the alternate decals in person, and must admit, they do look much better in person than they do in photos.

I'm alright with the original decals though.

#78 12 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

Less AFM's made and everyone wants one. ARM's are harder to find and the prices are shooting up. They sell lighting fast. Look at the junk on ebay that's sold. $7k for a route machine with chrome rails? Mirco playfields are pulling $1700. I've sold 2 for $1500. MM playfields barely hit $1200 on a good day. You talk about ugly decals? Look at the originals!! WEAK is an understatement. You've gotta love that orange and black on a green and blue game!! Plus the sterile art work. Give me a break.

___
I think your trying to increase the value so you can get a CC. GAP has one for $15k. Maybe you can do an even trade.

#79 12 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

You talk about ugly decals? Look at the originals!! WEAK is an understatement. You've gotta love that orange and black on a green and blue game!! Plus the sterile art work. Give me a break.

Even after pointing out the colors for me, I still hate those decals. And where is all the blue on AFM? That game's primary colors are orange and green.

#80 12 years ago

Exejet ,

I Love the way yr AFM is Led'd , The color's say , YES !!! Red , Blue , Gotta have some Green tho.. and Yr Cab-decal's Look Cool also. I do Like the Original decal's , But Those Do have some Bling , Bling.. It Would Sell in a Few Hr's if available.. Kinda Look's Like the Decal's on CoinTaker's AFM. Sharp !! And Yes , AFM is Getting More Expensive.. It's Value in the 2012 Mr Pinball PGB gained $ 725.00 from 2011 . I have the Book , TZ Gained 1K in Value.. On Certain Pin's - You Can't go by the Book.. ( No Way ) Keep up the Good work !! I see you Used a Blue Light board for yr Mother ship,, Look's Cool, I'm stay-n w/Red , !!

When i sell FH and get some room , I might Decal AFM.. It Deserves it !! B_R

CoinTaker_s_AFM.jpgCoinTaker_s_AFM.jpg AFM.jpgAFM.jpg

#81 12 years ago

Tom I'm not that sold I CC. I've got one coming in for restoration. I'll play it and get it out of my system while I wait for parts. The guys over at Pinball Spare parts are making all the ramps. The only reason I considered trading was I've got 3 right now. The blue is in the plastics and ramps. It's something you can overlook. The plastics have a large amount of blue. The blue mother ship makes the Orange in the playfield "glow". Best part is I can change the colors at will. It's not that hard.

// Error: Image 14500 not found // // Error: Image 14501 not found // // Error: Image 14502 not found //

<sub class="mdrtd">Post edited by Exejet : typo</sub>

#82 12 years ago

I like the look of the new cabinet decals, but they don't go with the rest of the game nearly as well as the originals. I would only replace them with original.

#83 12 years ago

PUT ABOUT 1000 WORTH OF ADD ONS TO MY AFM, AND WILL NOT PART WITH IT. THE SHAKER IS INCREDIBLE , THE SAUCER KIT AND LEDS REALLY ADD TO GAME ALSO. MY FAVORITE PIN BY FAR.

#84 12 years ago

I think just about anyone can ask Lonnie for the alternate AFM decals and he will sell them a set

Saucers don't match? Repaint them. $10 buys a can of krylon and a can of clear. Or $10 buys one saucer.

AFM is a good game. MM is a good game. I'd rather have a super nice BSD. But that's just me.

#85 12 years ago

AFM is a good game. MM is a good game. I'd rather have a super nice BSD. But that's just me.

I Heard that !! The More i play AFM , the More i like it !! But BSD Rock's .. MM , No Thank's ..

050.JPG050.JPG

#86 12 years ago

None of this is hard. Getting the time to actually do it is another story. Lonnie now that's another story into it's self. BSD is the closet sleeper of the year. That's another title that's on the launch pad. Anyone that's wants to sell email me. I have a buyer, looking for a good cabinet, playfield isn't that big of an issue.

// Error: Image 14512 not found //

#87 12 years ago

I am gonna put at least 1100 into mine. I will not part with this game way too cool of a game. Saucer topper, shaker, alien eyes, fighter jets, lit up lobster and cow, leds, custom colored legs and trim.

#88 12 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Those alternative cab decals are hideous. At least, in my opinion.

Couldn't agree more!

#89 12 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

BSD is the closet sleeper of the year. That's another title that's on the launch pad.

i get mine tomorrow...

#90 12 years ago

Hey B_R, look what Winterman brought me for Chrimbus....

I think Winterman had been smoking WAY too much beer, because I don't even have an AFM.

2011-12-26_11-09-36_927.jpg2011-12-26_11-09-36_927.jpg

#91 12 years ago

I Hate Yr Sick S.tactic ,,, I'm Ready for Us to Tear down AFM !! Get Well, See Ya Soon !!

That B/board decal is Gonna lOOk Killer ... ( smoking way to much Beer ) What,, LOL

#92 12 years ago

AFM Shop Job Weekend !!! Will Post pict's- of the Progress. Striped p/f etc ,,,

#93 12 years ago

Just did this myself a few weeks back. Have fun. It isn't too bad of a shop. Just take good pics of the ramp set up at the back. Everything kinda builds on itself back there, and it is easy to get lost.

Also, take that damn mothership off and disconnect it and set it aside early. It is all kinds of in the way, even if you just try to prop it up on the back board.

#94 12 years ago

Contact me if/when you decide to sell. I have pin money burning a hole in my pocket.

#95 12 years ago
Quoted from Exejet:

Tom I'm not that sold I CC. I've got one coming in for restoration. I'll play it and get it out of my system while I wait for parts. The guys over at Pinball Spare parts are making all the ramps. The only reason I considered trading was I've got 3 right now. The blue is in the plastics and ramps. It's something you can overlook. The plastics have a large amount of blue. The blue mother ship makes the Orange in the playfield "glow". Best part is I can change the colors at will. It's not that hard.

<sub class="mdrtd">Post edited by Exejet : typo</sub>

Attachments AFM_Near_Done_018.JPG (273.9 KB, 0 downloads) 5 days old AFM_Near_Done_009.JPG (266.5 KB, 0 downloads) 5 days old AFM_Near_Done_016.JPG (234.2 KB, 0 downloads) 5 days old

I was just teasing you. Game looks great.

#96 12 years ago

What a Day and NIGHT , were still Going ... It's Party Tyme Now ... AFM is Complete !!! Noth-n was Left out ,, Don't Really feel like typing alot now , check out the Pict's- below.. A video will be loaded Here 2-morrow.. Happy New Year ...

AFM_New_Years_Eve_002.JPGAFM_New_Years_Eve_002.JPG AFM_New_Years_Eve_007.JPGAFM_New_Years_Eve_007.JPG AFM_New_Years_Eve_010.JPGAFM_New_Years_Eve_010.JPG AFM_New_Years_Eve_012.JPGAFM_New_Years_Eve_012.JPG AFM_New_Years_Eve_017.JPGAFM_New_Years_Eve_017.JPG AFM_New_Years_Eve_009.JPGAFM_New_Years_Eve_009.JPG

#97 12 years ago

More Pict's of Scrubbing and Rubbing ... I Had Towel's and Blanket's on TZ , BSD and FH , They make Great WORK Tables..

AFM_New_Years_Eve_006.JPGAFM_New_Years_Eve_006.JPG AFM_New_Years_Eve_020.JPGAFM_New_Years_Eve_020.JPG AFM_New_Years_Eve_025.JPGAFM_New_Years_Eve_025.JPG AFM_New_Years_Eve_027.JPGAFM_New_Years_Eve_027.JPG

#98 12 years ago

The Video will be up in about 1 hr .. If yr Up , If Not , Watch it 2-morrow,, Cheer's cheers.gifcheers.gif

AFM_New_Years_Eve_031.JPGAFM_New_Years_Eve_031.JPG

#99 12 years ago

that's a beauty man. Maybe I can come down next weekend and play some games with ya?

#100 12 years ago

thx for the pics, cant wait for the vid. looks killer

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 21.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-b_rs/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.