• 2,230 posts
  • 309 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by slizzap
  • Topic is favorited by 180 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_imageSection	Item	Description	Factory Setting	Value A.1 Standard Adjustments	34	Allow Chase Ball	YES	YES (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5570 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5563 (resized).jpeg
DSC00938 (resized).JPG
IMG_0563 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0566 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider williampinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#655 4 years ago

I was in the club a few year ago last year I did a full restore inside and out she's all done now ,plays very fast great game

#665 4 years ago

Just did a full restore on my AFM

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#668 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Need some higher quality photos to show that beauty off to the world.

I know just have my really old iPad lol sorry about that

2 years later
#1794 1 year ago

Does anyone know what's a full restored AFM going for as for full restored inside and out ,new CCPF like glass ,new decals ,Ramps ,LEDs ,coin door ,rails,lock down bar any ideas

3 weeks later
#1812 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Replacement opto board arrived. I swapped it out and there's still no power going to the opto board in the cabinet.
Figuring it's the Power driver board or CPU.
Gonna see if I can send then out for repair. Wish me luck!

Wish it goes well

3 weeks later
#1834 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Took the boards out. Power driver board looks fine cosmetically. CPU board....not so much.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow hey did u order a new board or are you fixing that one

#1836 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Sent them to Brent Butler in Ontario. He tested them and they came back working 100%.
I think it was a ribbon cable that was my issue. It's back to playing normally again.

Sweet that's good news and great she's up and running again

2 weeks later
#1840 1 year ago
Quoted from slizzap:

Hey guys. New member of the family...just picked up an original AFM last week.
Overall, the game is in pretty good shape. Play-wise there are just a few quirks that I need to fix with some hopefully minor tweaking, and I'm hoping to get some input from you guys. Cosmetic-wise, I've already added a color DMD and will be looking to do an LED makeover and add a shaker in the near future. Those items aside, I am generally in favor of keeping things as close to stock as possible. I've been reviewing the manual and looking up part numbers for basic maintenance items like rubbers. There are a few items I'd like input on here as well.
Playability Questions:
1) After launch when the ball drops between the 2 guides heading towards the bumpers, when it goes down the right path the ball sometimes gets stuck right where it comes out and meets the rubber ring. It doesn't actually happen when coming down this path from a launch, but sometimes when the bumper kicks it back up there and it's moving slowly. What is the proper fix here? Would a simple rubber ring replacement help? Should I remove the rubber ring between the posts and instead use rubber rings on just the posts themselves? It seems like the latter is the better choice, but I don't know if that's going to create other issues such as the possibility of the ball getting stuck between those posts.
[quoted image]
2) When Multiball starts, typically 1 ball is ejected into the lane, and seconds later just before that ball is launched the 2nd ball is ejected into the lane, which launches them both simultaneously. It's not ejecting 2 balls simultaneously into the launch, it's almost like the timing is just wrong here. Is this typical? Is there a switch I might need to adjust? There are no issues whatsoever with the ball launch in general, just this Multiball quirk. I'm running v1.13 in case it's relevant.
3) The bumpers don't seem to be very sensitive. They're responsive, but not quite as much compared to other games I have...sometimes it will creep past a bumper without it firing. Normally I would just tweak the contact or replace the bumper assembly, but considering how crowded that back area is I was wondering if that is maybe by design. I figured if the bumpers were too sensitive it might get trapped in there forever. Is this normal?
4) This is more of a general question and not specific to AFM, but my left flipper seems to be not perfectly aligned with the inlane and when the ball rolls onto the flipper it bounces up, especially at speed. This makes it extremely difficulty to hit the SOL scoop, right ramp, and right orbit consistently. In comparison, when the ball rolls through the inlane to the right flipper, it's a smooth transition to the flipper making it easier to judge timing for ramp shots. Is there a way to adjust the flipper so that it provides for smooth transition? Or is this just due to the playfield build/drilling? Curious if anyone else has a similar issue.
5) Anyone with a Cliffy protector on the SOL scoop having an issue with the "I" martian target? At one point that target stopped registering and I found that the protector was pushing the target causing the switch to be permanently active. I readjusted the protector to solve the problem, but after a few days of playing the protector rotated back into this same position since it's only held in by one screw on the right side. It's still registering, but not 100% of the time...I expect this will continue getting worse. I haven't yet taken a close look at the underside of the playfield, so I'm not yet sure if there are vertical height adjustments I could make so that the target sits above the protector rather than behind it. Any thoughts on this one would be appreciated.
Cosmetic Questions:
6) I'm looking to replace the rubbers and the manual shows black for all rubber flippers, posts, sleeves, etc. However, the vast majority of all AFMs I've seen on here has white rubbers with varying colors for the flippers. I know this is largely personal preference, but I find it odd that almost everyone has white rubbers and I don't think I've seen a single original AFM that has black flipper rubbers. I shouldn't be questioning the parts list in the manual, but figured I would ask anyways.
7) I've seen a few "Eat at Eddy's" building mods that I like. For those of you that have one, does this block the view of the saucer behind it? Or is it still visible from the player's position? If it's blocking the saucer or key parts of the playfield, then I'm not going to add it.
Thanks in advance for any input you guys can provide!

From your pic I can't really see a rubber on the left side where it's stuck but if not I would try replacing all the rubbers in that area u never know and when your in there get a ball and just see why it is stoping there

3 months later
#1968 1 year ago

Out of the club after 10 years I restored my and enjoyed it time for something else

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

16,500 (OBO)
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 21.50
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider williampinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-afm-martians-welcome?tu=williampinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.