• 2,247 posts
  • 309 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by slizzap
  • Topic is favorited by 182 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_imageSection	Item	Description	Factory Setting	Value A.1 Standard Adjustments	34	Allow Chase Ball	YES	YES (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5570 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5563 (resized).jpeg
DSC00938 (resized).JPG
IMG_0563 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0566 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lotr_breath.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 9 years ago

I joined the club about a year ago.Found one that already had the cabinet restored. The playfield was a little rough but it came with a new Mirco playfield. I did my first and only playfield swap on this AFM, WITHOUT a rotisserie! It turned out beautiful. Cab has mirror chrome side rails, lock down bar, legs and bolts. Got the color DMD, Gozmod saucer board, Pinbits enhanced strobe kit, Cliffy's, Mantis and backboard decal. I stuck with normal bulbs instead of LED's. The inserts are so clean and true that the colors look awesome, even with regular bulbs.

I agree it is a little easy with all the extra balls available. With outlanes wide open my best is 48B and RTU countless times. I have never started RTU without finishing it!

DSCF5758.JPGDSCF5758.JPG
DSCF6041.JPGDSCF6041.JPG
DSCF6060.JPGDSCF6060.JPG
DSCF6062.JPGDSCF6062.JPG

2 years later
#193 7 years ago

Has anybody on here ever made it to RTU with no extra balls, open outlanes, and tight tilt? I have never been able to do it. With extra balls turned on I found it too easy and my best score was around 42B. But with EB's off I've never made it to RTU and my best score is around 18B.

1 month later
#212 7 years ago

How can I get this? Just PM him?

1 year later
#436 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

The super skill shot at times has a ball save, but other times is gone right away. Is there something that causes this?

After the 1st one there is a ball saver but it is much shorter.

3 months later
#449 5 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

I have a question about "ball save" AKA "Return to Battle." This is, as I understand it, a bozo ball feature that allows you an additional shot at the ball in play should you drain it quickly. I think this is what is identified in A.2 Feature Adjustments, A.2 03 and 04 as "Ball Saves" and "Ball Save Time" respectively. I've set the number of ball saves at three and set the time at 10 seconds, yet it never does the return to battle thing, no matter the speed at which I drain. The "return to Battle" works when you buy and extra ball, but thats the only time [other than when you enter the various multi-ball modes]. Am I missing something, or have I set this incorrectly, or does A2 03 & 04 control something completely different? I suspect I bolluxed this up somehow since I recall that it used to do it before. The only thing I did was repair the drop target and take it off the disable drop target setting. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Try going into Utilities and do a Factory Adjust.

#451 5 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

Thanks. Tried it, but alas, no difference. I appreciate the advice. Guess I’ll have to rely on skill - oh no...

One more thing you could try. Do a Factory Reset. You will lose you high scores but I've seen weird issues on B/W games fixed by doing this.

7 months later
#524 5 years ago

Looks a hellova lot better than what you had!

1 year later
#755 4 years ago
Quoted from silen7ce:

Big favor... Would anyone be able to measure their attack from mars strobe board? I need to know mounting hole to mounting hole horizontal as well as vertical and edge to edge horizontal and vertical... I posted a separate thread as well but wanted to post in here in hopes that someone will see!
Thanks in advance![quoted image]

Maybe a dumb question, but are you talking about the strobe driver board or the actual board with the xenon lamp on it?

1 week later
#778 3 years ago

+1 for Gozmod. Makes the saucer lights much better.

#788 3 years ago

Just curious, what's everyone's best score with three balls only, no extra balls?

There is a massive selfie league going on and I put up 14B. Then someone beat it. But then someone doubled it! 28B on a 3 ball game? Really?

I could see it if you made it to Rule the Universe, which I've done plenty of times, but I've never been able to do it on a 3 ball game.

My best on a 3 ball game is 18B and best with all EB's available is 63B.

#791 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

I don’t even try for those scores on selfie league my game as it has lightning flippers and two Totan Fat rubbers on the left ramp, to make left orbit, left ramp and middle ramp much harder to make. As well a very small ball hop on right flipper to make sure the middle ramp isn’t too repeatable and very sensitive slings, wide open outlanes, max steepness and shallow flipper alignment. I can for sure see the score on a stock AFM with three ball as the game is quite easy without major adjustments, with my setup my best is 12B and I never need ruled the universe on it lol...

Maybe it's because my outlanes are wide open and tilt is fairly tight.

#798 3 years ago

Perseverance! After years of owning, I finally got to RTU on a 3 ball game, and did it on ball 2. Game is set up tough!

3 ball game! (resized).jpg3 ball game! (resized).jpg
1 month later
#864 3 years ago

D15-D18 are your diodes for the flashlamp circuit. They form a bridge rectifier. Check for AC voltage between J128 pins 3 or 4 and J128 pins 1 or 2. If that is good, now check for DC voltage at the 20v test point. Similarly you could check between any of the red/white wires going to a flasher and ground braid.

If you have AC going into the bridge and no DC coming out of the bridge, it's most likely a failed power diode(P600D). Although there are a couple other things in that circuit like a resistor, a capacitor, and J133.

If you have no AC going into the bridge, double check F107 and the fuse holder and connector and pins of J128.

#866 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

I'm getting voltage at Pins 2 and 4. Sorry, but how to I check whether AC is going into the bridge? (I'm learning these things as issues pop up).
But I've got no DC voltage at the 20v test point and the LED is not lit.
Thanks

Just put your meter on AC voltage and put one lead on pin 4 and one lead on pin 2. Should read roughly around 16VAC. This is coming directly off the transformer and through fuse F107.

#868 3 years ago

This diagram may help. That voltage comes from the transformer. It's extremely rare to have a problem with a transformer. Try(with power off obviously) unplugging and re-plugging the large block shaped connectors in the bottom of the cabinet that connect the transformer to the rest of the game.

afm flasher circuit (resized).JPGafm flasher circuit (resized).JPG
1 month later
#917 3 years ago

Whew, that soldering isn't pretty, but if it works, that's what counts!

1 week later
#933 3 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Does anyone have an issue with ball hang ups in the scoop/trough beneath the mothership? I have a mantis trough replacement in there, and it seems like the ball all too often gets stuck between the switch and the front part of the trough. I adjusted the switch so it’s less aggressively stanced, but now only the most direct shots register, and balls still get jammed... thoughts?

When I did a playfield swap on mine I also installed a Mantis protector there. It was years ago and I can't find my pics. I could not seem to get everything to line up correctly. I even emailed Mantis asking about the correct way to install. I wish I could remember the details but it was years ago. I finally figured out a way to make it work and I get no ball sticks there at all. I might be able to get you a picture later today. Good luck, it can be made to work!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 21.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lotr_breath.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-afm-martians-welcome?tu=lotr_breath and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.