44975 (resized).jpeg
20211031_002806 (resized).jpg
20211031_002749 (resized).jpg
IMG_6655.JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20211028_190239_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20211028_190124_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20211028_190149_1_HDR (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1187 9 months ago

I just had a similar problem on my unmodded AFM. Whenever the second “A” got hit I would occasionally get a slam tilt. Then it got to 100% of the time. On the switch test, both slam tilt and “A” would show up. I thought I had a short - confirmed none. So, I soldered in a new green switch at the “A” and no more slam tilt! Played a bunch of games and it is gone. I think that the switch was generating some kind of noise that created a glitch in the microprocessor. I suggest going into switch test mode and bang on all the other targets. Might have nothing to do with the mods.
-Gregg

blockquote cite="#6128605">I have the lighted topper & saucer mod for my AFM.
Sometimes, but rarely, I would get a slam tilt during gameplay. Figured the slam tilt switch was the culprit so I put some painters tape on the switch to see if that was the case. I would still get a slam tilt.
So I unplugged the topper. Looked like the problem was fixed and everything fine but got another slam tilt.
So I plugged the topper back in & unplugged the saucer mod. Same thing as before....problem seemed to be fixed but eventually got another slam tilt.
I then decided to unplug both the topper and saucer mod and haven't gotten one slam tilt since. (about 2 months now with no slam tilt)
I believe the power tap for those 2 additional mods is the culprit.
I'm just wondering if someone who has these mods can chime in and maybe tell me where they got their power tap? I could compare it to the one I have installed .
It would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

#1188 9 months ago

Great looking AFM. How did you do the red on the front of the backbox? I just ordered red T molding and was planning to put that on.
-gb

Quoted from Willys45:

You can make it pretty darn bright! On a side note, I have asked myself several times if I could only keep one machine what would it be. It would be tough but AFM would be it. There is just something about it.
[quoted image]

#1189 9 months ago

I own an AFM that has a decent playfield with light leaking around the inserts, and Ive been thinking of selling and then getting an AFMR. I have an MBRLE and I absolutely love it. This post and several others comparing the AFM and AFMR helped me decide to keep my AFM and get a new playfield or have mine restored. So I very much think a discussion comparing the two belongs on this forum.
FWIW-gb

blockquote cite="#6132741">I have owned both. Sold my original. I then bought the LE at launch. Played and was not right. ImThen had a lot of issues with the remake. Adjusted remake constantly. Played a lot on remake at distributor and expo to see if my remake played the same. Buddy’s remakes played the same. Once confirmed I bought an original. Played both and sold the remake. Nothing to convince. Anyone who played both easily could decide. The display is bigger not better. The color dmd is good that is made for the original. Has different modes including hires. I even bought another original AFM when it came up for sale. Yes speaker upgrade is a must on the originals.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside