• 2,247 posts
  • 309 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by slizzap
  • Topic is favorited by 180 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_imageSection	Item	Description	Factory Setting	Value A.1 Standard Adjustments	34	Allow Chase Ball	YES	YES (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5570 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5563 (resized).jpeg
DSC00938 (resized).JPG
IMG_0563 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0566 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#112 7 years ago

Crazy that this is one the best pins ever but never no posts on the club thread . Just picked up a beautiful original condition one .
20160902_042305 (resized).jpg20160902_042305 (resized).jpg 20160902_042251 (resized).jpg20160902_042251 (resized).jpg20160902_042153 (resized).jpg20160902_042153 (resized).jpg20160902_024513 (resized).jpg20160902_024513 (resized).jpg20160902_042121 (resized).jpg20160902_042121 (resized).jpg

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from OlDirty:

congrats to the beauty . For me it's still the best pin ever.

So far its the most fun ive had in pinball in a while

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

We're all too busy playing

Very true

#117 7 years ago

Few more pics of this low play afm... been in home since 1999 with very litrle use. Also it was actually taken very good care of by prior owner..shopped , mods and. Waxed. 20160902_100133 (resized).jpg20160902_100133 (resized).jpg20160902_100143 (resized).jpg20160902_100143 (resized).jpg

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Very nice! Now get the bill ung saucers mod and lite up martian eyes in there

Ordered bill ung mod allready lol.. actually before i even got the pin home lol. People ssy its a easy pin but its dam fast and hard to get control of the ball

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Very nice! I'd put cliffy's on it asap. Especially the SOL hole.

It has cliffys on everything but sol scoop but it has a mantis so all is well

#136 7 years ago

Man this pin is awesome.... its not as easy as i heard it was and is super fast especially once u open the orbits up .... man its a blast. Its seems difficult to get to the wizard mode for sure bc of the dangerous shot up the middle and every time it takes more hits lol. If u just go for that its not bad on itself but all the other dangerous shots u have to complete on top of that seems pretty challenging for as fast as the pin is along with very open outlanes. Really loving the pin and mini wizard modes and of course its a lyman coded pin which if u look at my collection i love him lol.

#140 7 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

You really must - 2x AFM!
I tip my hat to you sir.

Wow thats weird loll.

#141 7 years ago

Does anyones green standup targets have foam behind them ?

#143 7 years ago

Lol... but seriously do they? Guy i bought from who had it nearly 17-18 years says it never did? I didnt like the way it played so i added target foam and it really helped with airballs and just overall made the game play better. Before a random rickashay wld give u that target which i dont think is fair and think a solidly hit shot to a target sld be the correct way to score it imo.

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from Jtm3:

Mine has foam behind the targets and the replacement one I just bought (marco or pbl, I can't remember ) has the foam as well.

Ok cool i figured as it didn't feel right without it. Ive seen so many without the foam tho.

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

What a beautiful original. Congratulations on that find.
You didn't happen to score that BSD recently as well?

Thax it is so nice and clean inside and out with all matching boards and everything is like it came out of the factory in 1996 and considering what they usually look like especially being a reimport. But apparently it was only in Germany for a year or 2 at the most then my friend bought it and many others from a guy in d.c around 1998-'1999 from what he told me . Then they were in storage for a long time and slowly brought out and gone threw and added to his collection over the last 5 years where they haven't been played much at all which is good for me lol. Ive had my bsd for a few years now which was another great late night cl score lol

#151 7 years ago

Few mor pics after redoing all the leds and waxing everything 20160907_003756 (resized).jpg20160907_003756 (resized).jpg20160907_003454 (resized).jpg20160907_003454 (resized).jpg

#155 7 years ago

Where exactly is the scoop supposed to kick the ball to on the left flipper?

2 weeks later
#160 7 years ago

Must say the goz mod is simple but a great upgrade and wld highly recommend it

1 month later
#163 7 years ago

Not much to post bc its one the best pins ever and theres nothing else to really be said. Also many people dont own it bc its a pretty elite club compared to say bsd or getaway that have a ton of activity bc of the price . Its my personal favorite pin bc of the rule set, best flow , funny as hell, great bash toy and the strobe mb in complete darkness is such fun....
The mb, cc club's are the same way it seems.

1 week later
#165 7 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

I'm in the club! This was Gabe's from Pintastic. Some of you might have played it over the summer.

His loss your gain.... probably the best overall pin made imo. You loving it? Make sure to open up the outlanes and put it at 7.0 degrees.... makes it much more enjoyable in home use. Also make sure all the green targets have foam on them as it really helps with airballs

#168 7 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

I am loving it. The left control gate needs some lovin' It's not lifting 100%. The saucer has an LED out that prob needs some solder but other then that it's great! Got to total annihilation and put up 8 Bil in the first day. It will take me awhile to rule the universe

I love the way mine plays bc i have yet to beat mars or rule the universe after 500-600 games but have come close.... total annihilation is great as is the strobe mb in complete darkness. I commented on your fb post also.... u sld definitely go ahead and get the gozmod for mothership since u have a led out and definitely get the pinbits blackout mod for afm and all wpc95 pins for that matter

#170 7 years ago

Also get all the cliffys if u dont have them ...i see u have front scoop one but does it have back one ? Also recommend the motorized target bank and mothership/drop target one?

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Also the stroke of luck cliffy is lifting. Need to look at that.
Cliff now has carbon fiber for flat protectors. I strongly recommend them. My carbon fiber WOZ thrown room hasn't lifted a millimeter in 3 years.

Its probably lifted bc whoever put it on more than likely was lazy and didn't repair the missing wood underneath it.... and over time the cliffy will deform bc of the hollow space underneath it. It sld be fixed right or you can use a mantis and cliffy combined like i do on high wear scoops like afm, mb, cftbl and some others but it still sld be repaired correctly.

#176 7 years ago

Its funny hearing the talk about the price of the new afmr and what it sld be. People saying u can get a original one for 7k or less is somewhat true but for a nice one without fade and color dmd and other upgrades it will be near 8k . So I really don't think a AFMr will be lower than 7500-8k and that will probably have upgraded color , shaker, powdercoated and probably some other upgrades . So for me a new afmr for around 8k wld be a good deal imo for probably the best overall pin ever made

#181 7 years ago
Quoted from Oilrat:

Hi all, Me and my son Drove 12 hrs last week to Phoenix Arizona to pick up this beauty. Bought this from pinsider AKA Modman who made these beautiful saucer modes out of billet aluminum. This is a ground up restoration which looks beautiful. I just ordered CLIFFY hole protectors to protect the new playfield. My wife thought I was crazy to purchase, but once I returned home and she saw and played it she just loves the game. Very fun to play.

You did great on that purchase.... i was considering it but hate shipping such a beautiful pin. Its seriously one the best pins ever made and is more fun than tz and mm ....i do love monster bash tho

#182 7 years ago
Quoted from Oilrat:

Hi all, Me and my son Drove 12 hrs last week to Phoenix Arizona to pick up this beauty. Bought this from pinsider AKA Modman who made these beautiful saucer modes out of billet aluminum. This is a ground up restoration which looks beautiful. I just ordered CLIFFY hole protectors to protect the new playfield. My wife thought I was crazy to purchase, but once I returned home and she saw and played it she just loves the game. Very fun to play.

Definitely buy all the cliffys they make for it and also the pinbits blackout mod is a must for afm bc of the strobe mb feature....

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from Oilrat:

Oh thanks, I have been hunting for the shaker motor kit but it seems to be sold out or discontinued everywhere I was almost going to buy a MM instead but loved the gameplay on AFM. I think MM will be next but the prices are crazy especially for the original.

Yep been waiting for them to be in stock forever also.....

3 weeks later
#191 7 years ago
Quoted from yonkiman:

I plan on buying a stern shaker (looks like they're about $120) and modifying it to work with my AFM. Might not get around to it until the new year, though. If/when I do it I'll be sure to let everyone know how to do it. If anyone knows of a better/cheaper shaker to start with, please let me know.

Cointakers has both the ones they carry on sale... i love the red tremors bc they shake alot....be awesome if you cld find a way to get them to work with bally /williams pins....

#195 7 years ago

Nope ive never made it to the end eaither Mine is set up on hard, 7 degrees, open outlanes and very hard to get extra ball. You almost need to set b/w pins this way or it be to easy to bet them and then they wld get boring quickly.....

#198 7 years ago

The backside can get beat up also.... not as bad as front but damaged none the less.afmSOLbefore (resized).jpgafmSOLbefore (resized).jpg

#200 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

That extra special screw stuck in at an angle must have an interesting story associated with it.

Not my pin lol.... found it online..

1 month later
#219 7 years ago

Let it cure as long as possible... as fast as afm plays i can see that thick clear getting damaged especially at edges....

#223 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

It's been 2 weeks since the playfield came back, so I think we'll be good!
Heading to WeirPinball's now to begin!

Id try to at least wait a month...... longer is always better but a month is usually the minimum from my experience....

1 month later
#240 7 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

seems to be a lot of these hitting the sale block in the last few weeks. guess ditching them before the remakes come out?

Really where? I see lots looking but not many available....

#247 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok BigD since you own MM and AFM which do you prefer playing?

O man i dont know lol.... i love both for different reasons. Both seem to be about the same difficulty the way i have them set up. Afm is faster and has a little more flow but mm has few more shots and thimgs to do tho. While mb, afm and mm feel similar they play completely different and are all great in a collection imo...

#249 7 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

Ugh..... Have had this pin for years, three shots away from ruling the universe for the first time and I blew it. My kids thought I had lost it. Seriously screaming for ten minutes. Can't believe it. Devastated.

Yep i had same thing happen not long ago.... havent been close since lol.... such a great game

#252 7 years ago
Quoted from Marten:

So I am putting this Attack from Mars back together and have one cable left over. It has a label on it that says H-20723 and is connected to various connectors in the backbox. The other end has a five by three connector on it. In the manual it has lots of references to flashers but I can't find where to put this 15-pin connector???
Does anybody know where it goes?

Backbox lighting....

1 week later
#256 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So.............this happened tonight.

Completed RTU 3x.
The biggest game on AFM I have ever had by far. Holy smokes.
I think I'll let the game chill for a week before I play it again....! Man, I LOVE this game.

Not sure how thats even possible.... how the hell do u have your game set up?

1 week later
#259 7 years ago

Neat mod .....

#279 7 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Has anyone sold or seen a confirmed sale of an AFM since the announcement of the pricing on the remake?

Ive had some really good offers on mine since i mentioned i may get a new le. But i decided i like things on tbe original better and mine is one of the nicest original un restored ones ive seen.

#281 7 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

solid offers meaning people are still at "pre-AFMr pricing" or are you looking at taking a hit? I see a lot of talk like this lately "well geeez, I can just order a brand new shiny AFMr classic for 6500 so I don't think I can justify over that for a very well restored original."

Offers of 6500-7 k and mine has lots of mods including color dmd. I think they were fair offers considering that a nib standard with shipping and color is 7300.. i still like things on the original better as do many other people so we will pay up for a nice original one. So glad i came to my senses tho and decided to keep what i have .

6 months later
#320 6 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

So finally my attack from mars restored... Condition was 3/5 when i got it. Many small things to fix.

Playfield was scratched until wood in few spots

Remove old decals

Clean and paint inside cabinet

New decals on cabinet. I used PPS decals. As display i used Pin2dmd with my colorization for this game.

Playfield was fully restored and reclearcoated.

All Rubbers was replaced and i put LED everywhere.

And as result it looks gorgeous

Right now i am working on side blades for this game in style as i made backboard decal.

This is y all cliffys/mantis are a must on the remakes....

#321 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I am now an official member of the AFM Club. Fresh off route! This game has done yeoman’s work for the masses it’s whole life. Looking forward to getting to know it and giving it some TLC.

No credit dot...that's a good start

#325 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Think she’s seen a few quarters in her day?

Wow.... your missing a target also. That machine made alot of money

2 months later
#390 6 years ago
Quoted from One_Quarter:

Thank god for the Remake. Bringing AFM pricing back down to earth. Bringing home a documented one owner HUO AFM this Friday. Unboxed an AFMR LE with a friend last week, playfield fell into to cabinet before we could even get the legs on. Carriage bolts were so loose the pin fell off inside during transit. Topper bolts didn't line up, flippers too strong, shoot around was bent etc etc.
Check the AFMR technical thread.

Yep nothing better than a unfaded silkscreened original imo. Ive never played a remake that played as well as mine. Good buy

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from One_Quarter:

Personally I'm only interested in original titles. Low play survivors, pref HUO. There's so few left and rarity imparts value. The remakes are really impressive with the great lighting, giant display with updated graphics and the topper is really cool. But IMO they're not made as well (I've had one) and don't fit in my small collection.
When that HUO AFM popped up in Oregon recently I had to jump on it. The original owner ordered a bunch of extra parts with it in March of '96 when purchased new.
Fully populated ramps(NOS orig. still in package), spare saucer gate assembly, spare stroke of luck ball shooter assembly(weldment), many spare stand up targets, a spare martian, and more.
Will drop a color DMD and some leds in it.

Very cool... it does have some fade tho... but betrer than most.

#395 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Ive own'd 3 originals and now one standard edition AFM...... two where HUO and id say your wrong because you never played mine.

Maybe so but i still perfer original and will go out of my way to find a nice original over a remake

#396 6 years ago

Heres my very nice basically huo afm. It sat in storage from around 1997-2010. Then was set up in friends basement rarely played until i purchased it years ago. Truly a nice original survivor that plays amazing. And the unfaded silkscreened cab is gorgeous. 20161115_111626 (resized).jpg20161115_111626 (resized).jpg20160902_042121 (resized).jpg20160902_042121 (resized).jpg20160902_100143 (resized).jpg20160902_100143 (resized).jpg20160902_042153 (resized).jpg20160902_042153 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#410 6 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Hello everyone,
Help with a price check. What is a blown out but fully working original going for these days? Faded and pretty beat up cab. Playfield dirty and usual wear spots. But complete. Have the new AFMr's brought price down much?

Id say around 5k

3 years later
#1399 2 years ago

Yay... finally after 5+ years and thousands of games.....it was so awesome
20211031_002806 (resized).jpg20211031_002806 (resized).jpg
20211031_002749 (resized).jpg20211031_002749 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
16,500 (OBO)
$ 21.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-afm-martians-welcome?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.