• 2,244 posts
  • 309 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 minutes ago by slochar
  • Topic is favorited by 180 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_imageSection	Item	Description	Factory Setting	Value A.1 Standard Adjustments	34	Allow Chase Ball	YES	YES (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5570 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5563 (resized).jpeg
DSC00938 (resized).JPG
IMG_0563 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0566 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SkyKing2301.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1208 3 years ago

Hey AfM owners ... I've been having a ton of fun making these new products, so here's a few versions for you:

There are plain old original stock coin reject buttons ... then there are aftermarket coin reject buttons with flat 2-D patterns -- I'm taking it to the next dimension with these new 3-D Coin Reject Buttons!

These eye-catching buttons literally pop out at you! They're 3D-printed with multiple filaments, including a translucent base which allows the coin insert light to glow through. For Attack From Mars, I have a few varieties:
- The Leaning Tower of Pisa! (before the Martians straighten it)
- The hand & torch of the Statue of Liberty!
- The Statue of Liberty version is also available with the flame colored with gold ink (where accessible), to look more like the real landmark.

AfM-Pisa1_RCP (resized).jpgAfM-Pisa1_RCP (resized).jpg
AfM-Liberty1_RCP (resized).jpgAfM-Liberty1_RCP (resized).jpg
AfM-LibertyT1_RCP (resized).jpgAfM-LibertyT1_RCP (resized).jpg

Currently available with red or clear/white base button; other base colors (including green, orange, and yellow) coming soon.

AfM-Pisa2_RCP (resized).jpgAfM-Pisa2_RCP (resized).jpg
AfM-Liberty2_RCP (resized).jpgAfM-Liberty2_RCP (resized).jpg
AfM-LibertyT2_RCP (resized).jpgAfM-LibertyT2_RCP (resized).jpg

Available on my website (https://rocketcitypinball.com) or in my shop here on Pinside (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/04858-3d-coin-reject-buttons-attack-from-mars). (My daughter gets a commission too; these 3D buttons were her idea!)

Installation instructions posted in the shop listing. Note: please check your game before ordering -- this button replaces P/N 27-1037 button & 27-1038 cover. Some games may have different buttons (e.g., reimports, swapped coin doors, etc.), so compare to my pictures to be sure this is the correct one for yours (button is separate piece from slot).

#1213 3 years ago
Quoted from paulg100:

Nice little mods these would really benefit from being resin printed rather than FDM.

Thank you! Perhaps I'll expand to resin someday but I'll have to work my way up.

By the way, the translucent green showed up today so more pics to follow!

2 years later
#2060 8 months ago

It's often been requested and I finally got to it -- Rocket City Pinball presents the 3D Start Button for Attack From Mars!

I looked to the playfield for inspiration and the hexagon pattern between the flippers caught my eye -- it's one of those details I'll bet a lot of people overlook in the heat of interplanetary warfare! I made the button base in translucent tangerine to match the color there, and I added the hexagons in translucent red so they'd light up as well. Then I have three-color lettering, inspired by the style of the AFM font, spelling out START. So it's a five-color print, all permanently fused together.

AFM_thread (resized).jpgAFM_thread (resized).jpg

The hexagons had the potential to be sharp at the perimeter of the button, but I've modeled in some curvature there for a smoother touch.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

I also include a full housing assembly, because it's a 1.5" diameter button (like modern games). On prior era games like AFM (and its remake, which was styled true to the original), the start button was small and recessed in a counterbore in the cabinet. The included housing assembly fully replaces this smaller button and covers up the counterbore.

I don't have a pic on an actual machine yet since I just finished the button this week, so I whipped up this photoshop for a rough look. The colors match the cabinet art perfectly and the design pulls in a nice subtle detail from the game. (I do plan to produce a launch button in the future; it's on my long-term to do list.)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Fits both the original and the remake. Now available in my shop! https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/09091-3d-start-button-attack-from-mars-original-amp-remake

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.50
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
Wanted
16,500 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SkyKing2301.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-afm-martians-welcome?tu=SkyKing2301 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.