IMG_0563 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0568 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1319 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 44.
#401 6 years ago

Purchased from a fellow pinsider awhile back. Added power blades, color dmd and powder coated it black. I play it so much I now have tendinitis in both elbows. Getting cortisone shots next week to try to be able to "rule the universe". Epilepsy warning should have contained addendum. Old people playing too much pinball on this machine may experience symptoms of arthritis, bursitis, and tendinitis. I do because it's so much fun.

20180114_074654 (resized).jpg20180114_074654 (resized).jpg

20180113_232732 (resized).jpg20180113_232732 (resized).jpg

#402 6 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

Purchased from a fellow pinsider awhile back. Added power blades, color dmd and powder coated it black. I play it so much I now have tendinitis in both elbows. Getting cortisone shots next week to try to be able to "rule the universe". Epilepsy warning should have contained addendum. Old people playing too much pinball on this machine may experience symptoms of arthritis, bursitis, and tendinitis. I do because it's so much fun.

How do you like those power blades? They look great in vids but I've never seen them in person.

#403 6 years ago

They are awesome. Highly recommend. I like a bit of a modern look with the feel of the original.

#404 6 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

They are awesome. Highly recommend. I like a bit of a modern look with the feel of the original.

100% agree.
The AFM I just picked up is in amazing condition but zero mods.
So it needs some LED lighting, color DMD, the Bill Ung saucer kit and I'm going to have to order a set of those blades.

3 weeks later
#405 6 years ago

Anyone know where I can find ramp flaps? Mine are rusty and pinbits was sold out.

#406 6 years ago

I am looking for the same

#407 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Anyone know where I can find ramp flaps? Mine are rusty and pinbits was sold out.

email Pam at pinbits

1 week later
#408 6 years ago

Hi guys, I just installed the Gozmod board in the mother ship, great enhancement for my AFM, but the wire assembly is pretty well stuffed and was wondering if a replacement assembly with connectors is made by anyone? It seems the coil impacting the mothership isn't very forgiving, and the constant bending or the wires has resulted in some wire breakage.

#409 6 years ago

Hello everyone,

Help with a price check. What is a blown out but fully working original going for these days? Faded and pretty beat up cab. Playfield dirty and usual wear spots. But complete. Have the new AFMr's brought price down much?

#410 6 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Hello everyone,
Help with a price check. What is a blown out but fully working original going for these days? Faded and pretty beat up cab. Playfield dirty and usual wear spots. But complete. Have the new AFMr's brought price down much?

Id say around 5k

#411 6 years ago

Here is the CL ad. This guy is a notorious flipper in my region.

denver.craigslist.org link

6.5K seems absurd. What would you pay?

#412 6 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Here is the CL ad. This guy is a notorious flipper in my region.
denver.craigslist.org link
6.5K seems absurd. What would you pay?

Playfield on that is blown out as well. That's Gilbert sellin that.... be careful....

#413 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Playfield on that is blown out as well. That's Gilbert sellin that.... be careful....

I've heard of him but never dealt with him. Is he a crook? Always lists stuff very high on CL, but I assume he lets go for lower.

What would you pay?

#414 6 years ago

Is the main saucer harness something that I can replace, or does it lead to multiple connectors? Mine was cut near the connector as some point and the short term repairs have now failed. I'd rather re-run a new harness if that's possible.

#415 6 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

I've heard of him but never dealt with him. Is he a crook? Always lists stuff very high on CL, but I assume he lets go for lower.
What would you pay?

PM me I dont want to post any more details here.

#416 6 years ago

AFM FANS I just posted one for sale that comes with NOS Playfield and Cabinet Decals

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/60880

3 weeks later
#417 6 years ago

If someone in need of this plastic
Pm me

20180324_160746 (resized).jpg20180324_160746 (resized).jpg20180324_160728 (resized).jpg20180324_160728 (resized).jpg

Added over 6 years ago: Sorry they are spoken for

#418 6 years ago

Just got done shopping out a afm. It's missing the strobe board, the big one behind the pf.
Any help or leads for one? Also need the plastic left side and under big saucer

#419 6 years ago

Just joining the AFM club. Picked up AFM three years weeks ago. This is my second pin with my first being Stargate. My AFM seems to have been around the block a few times but is fully functional. Have some work to do: thorough cleaning, hole protectors, target foam, pop-bumper skirts, leg plates, replace bad saucer LEDs, LED lights, new glass, blades, back decal, shaker mod, cabinet wear, etc... Playfield needs some repair below luck hole. Any suggestions on spot repairs like this?

IMG_20180321_070724 (resized).jpgIMG_20180321_070724 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180321_070803 (resized).jpgIMG_20180321_070803 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180321_070831 (resized).jpgIMG_20180321_070831 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180321_070851 (resized).jpgIMG_20180321_070851 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180321_070937 (resized).jpgIMG_20180321_070937 (resized).jpg

#420 6 years ago
Quoted from Brunsie:

Just joining the AFM club. Picked up AFM three years weeks ago. This is my second pin with my first being Stargate. My AFM seems to have been around the block a few times but is fully functional. Have some work to do: thorough cleaning, hole protectors, target foam, pop-bumper skirts, leg plates, replace bad saucer LEDs, LED lights, new glass, blades, back decal, shaker mod, cabinet wear, etc... Playfield needs some repair below luck hole. Any suggestions on spot repairs like this?

She's just getting broken in, enjoy!

#421 6 years ago

Here is a hole protector I made myself. Call it the extreme stroke hole rebuild protector I guess. This Afm cleaned up nice but has a blown stroke hole. I've sent my cad file to cliffy as he was interested in this for future product. So for those who don't want the expense of a new pf? Plays great now, also backed up the inside of the hole with a mantis

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#422 6 years ago

The cliffy looks nice, but when i had my original cliffys installed the ball was hanging a lot on the bumper area side. If it rolled down slowly from the bumpers it stopped on the cliffys metal edge. I removed the cliffy again on the backside of the SOL. So this cliffy would be nice with a cutout on the backside.

#423 6 years ago

I made sure it had a good flat edges, this one sticks out the back a bit behind and close to the jet so the action kicks it over the metal. I have not seen this one get stuck but I do know what you mean. I've had the balls get hung up on other cliffys before. Also my jets are adjusted good and have lots of action. Prob putting this one back on route so figured didn't need the new pf. By the way I've had 4 AFMs and this machine plays the best of the 4, real fast and fun for some reason. But I'm missing the strobe board. Desperately seeking one

#424 6 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Just got done shopping out a afm. It's missing the strobe board, the big one behind the pf.
Any help or leads for one

HomePin used to make a revised version, but I can’t find it easily using my phone just now.

#425 6 years ago

I emailed home pin and they said they don't have anything. Said will work on it in the future.

#426 6 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Here is a hole protector I made myself. Call it the extreme stroke hole rebuild protector I guess. This Afm cleaned up nice but has a blown stroke hole. I've sent my cad file to cliffy as he was interested in this for future product. So for those who don't want the expense of a new pf? Plays great now, also backed up the inside of the hole with a mantis

I like it. Any idea when Cliffy might have something?

#427 6 years ago

Well I know he's pretty booked. If there is interest, drop him a email saying you saw it and express some demand. I told him I respected his buisness and didn't want to be any sort of a competitor. I've just seen so many AFMs with the same issue. Good condion other than that blown hole.

#428 6 years ago

What do you guys think?

WhatsApp Image 2018-03-29 at 16.20.01 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-03-29 at 16.20.01 (resized).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-03-29 at 16.20.05 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-03-29 at 16.20.05 (resized).jpeg

#429 6 years ago

I love it, it looks amazing...great job

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

What do you guys think?

#430 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

What do you guys think?

super cool

#431 6 years ago

Bill ung saucer kit still available?

#432 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Bill ung saucer kit still available?

Yes, mail Bill directly, go to ufopinball.com

#433 5 years ago

Thanks, also like the alien in the mothership mod ?

#434 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Thanks, also like the alien in the mothership mod ?

Don’t have the Alien, but Gozmod (bi-color mothership) with green Bill Ung looks awesome in my opinion

8B24E57A-6696-4A5A-8BA4-28E165BBB432 (resized).jpeg8B24E57A-6696-4A5A-8BA4-28E165BBB432 (resized).jpeg

F2E10FF3-A843-4D19-B048-F44F59470EDA (resized).jpegF2E10FF3-A843-4D19-B048-F44F59470EDA (resized).jpeg

#435 5 years ago

The super skill shot at times has a ball save, but other times is gone right away. Is there something that causes this?

#436 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

The super skill shot at times has a ball save, but other times is gone right away. Is there something that causes this?

After the 1st one there is a ball saver but it is much shorter.

#437 5 years ago

The shield is still going down and staying down, even though the three inserts are flashing as if they are waiting to be hit. Power cycling fixes the game most of the time as far as I know. I'd love to permanently solve the issue though. Any guesses?

I should point out that I have recently replaced the roller switches that are on the rotating piece. That did not change the behavior even though those are the switches to know if the visor is up or down.

#438 5 years ago

Just got my first “Dirty Pool” today! Haha!

#439 5 years ago

Epic ball stuck! Good thing I wasn’t having a really good game.....
PS....yikes! My game needs a good cleaning back there!

D7856117-E62B-4F46-A57D-EB4EF4CD8147 (resized).jpegD7856117-E62B-4F46-A57D-EB4EF4CD8147 (resized).jpeg

#440 5 years ago

Anyone looking for a Pinbits Shaker Motor? I have one for sale. PM if interested.
Thanks,
Tim

Shaker is SOLD. Thanks for the interest everyone.

4 weeks later
#441 5 years ago

Santa Cruz skateboards doing a cool collab with Mars Attacks. I don't have an AFM, but if I did I would hang one of these over it

24294323_1720972748210310_3674206384409826542_n_530x (resized).jpg24294323_1720972748210310_3674206384409826542_n_530x (resized).jpg

#442 5 years ago

So what do owners think original afm games are worth right Now? I'm thinking about offering mine for sale or trade. It's gonna have a brand new decaled cabinet, recently polished and shopped playfield (some inserts are ghosting at edges and one airbrushed touchup), full premium non ghosting non clown puke led set, ung mod, powder coated armor, good boards.

2 weeks later
#443 5 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

I emailed home pin and they said they don't have anything. Said will work on it in the future.

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/electronics/boards/homepin/a-20669-1.html

!

2 weeks later
#444 5 years ago

I thought I saw decals for the VUK at some point or is this just my imagination?

#445 5 years ago

Joined the club - picked up an original HEP restored AFM over the weekend. Almost TOO nice and I'm scared to play it. Played the remake LE and original back to back at a show last year. Had zero interest in the remake - Original hardware and quality could be felt IMO. Learning a feel for the machine. Its pretty well modded but I think I'll add those lighted side blades and I saw a building mod someone put to hide the back left ramp scoop. Going to look into that if its sold.

#446 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Just got my first “Dirty Pool” today! Haha!

I just learned about that yesterday watching a YouTube video on AFM. Thought to myself, "Yeah I'll never be able to do that" and then proceeded to do it on my very next game. 100% beginners luck. So now I know I'll never be able to do it again.

#447 5 years ago

Anyone looking for a pinbits Shaker motor or a UFO pinball saucer mod [red leds]?
I have a gently used one of each. The saucer mod doesn't come with the plastic saucers - just the LEDs that you hot glue inside them and obviously the control board and cables.
Pinbits have been sold out of the shaker motor for 6+ months.
PM me an reasonable offer and they're yours.

#448 5 years ago

I have a question about "ball save" AKA "Return to Battle." This is, as I understand it, a bozo ball feature that allows you an additional shot at the ball in play should you drain it quickly. I think this is what is identified in A.2 Feature Adjustments, A.2 03 and 04 as "Ball Saves" and "Ball Save Time" respectively. I've set the number of ball saves at three and set the time at 10 seconds, yet it never does the return to battle thing, no matter the speed at which I drain. The "return to Battle" works when you buy and extra ball, but thats the only time [other than when you enter the various multi-ball modes]. Am I missing something, or have I set this incorrectly, or does A2 03 & 04 control something completely different? I suspect I bolluxed this up somehow since I recall that it used to do it before. The only thing I did was repair the drop target and take it off the disable drop target setting. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

#449 5 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

I have a question about "ball save" AKA "Return to Battle." This is, as I understand it, a bozo ball feature that allows you an additional shot at the ball in play should you drain it quickly. I think this is what is identified in A.2 Feature Adjustments, A.2 03 and 04 as "Ball Saves" and "Ball Save Time" respectively. I've set the number of ball saves at three and set the time at 10 seconds, yet it never does the return to battle thing, no matter the speed at which I drain. The "return to Battle" works when you buy and extra ball, but thats the only time [other than when you enter the various multi-ball modes]. Am I missing something, or have I set this incorrectly, or does A2 03 & 04 control something completely different? I suspect I bolluxed this up somehow since I recall that it used to do it before. The only thing I did was repair the drop target and take it off the disable drop target setting. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Try going into Utilities and do a Factory Adjust.

#450 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Try going into Utilities and do a Factory Adjust.

Thanks. Tried it, but alas, no difference. I appreciate the advice. Guess I’ll have to rely on skill - oh no...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 21.50
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
8,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salt Lake City, UT
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
16,500 (OBO)
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 44.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-afm-martians-welcome/page/9?hl=whitewater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.