IMG_0563 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0566 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0568 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1319 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 44.
#351 6 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

have few sets of hole protectors 35$ include worldwide shipping. Pm who interested

Are these Mantis protectors?

#352 6 years ago

Some of the sockets in backbox have the tabs snapped off. Best place to purchase?

D232B7C2-33BA-438A-A892-6BB432B748A4 (resized).jpegD232B7C2-33BA-438A-A892-6BB432B748A4 (resized).jpeg

#353 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Best place to purchase?

I'd check Bay area Amusements or Planetary Pinball Supply, Pinball Life.

LTG : )

#354 6 years ago

Some of the sockets in backbox have the tabs snapped off. Best place to purchase?

I replaced mine on pinballlife

1 week later
#355 6 years ago

What is the latest code version for original AFM. Look like my game is 1.0.

#356 6 years ago

Look like my game is 1.0.

I hit enter on mine and it has 1.1

#357 6 years ago

Toppern mounted

DSC_0101_5 (resized).JPGDSC_0101_5 (resized).JPG

DSC_0093_4 (resized).JPGDSC_0093_4 (resized).JPG

#358 6 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

Toppern mounted

I love it!!!

#359 6 years ago

Looks cool with he blue led. I have the regular bulb in mine.

#360 6 years ago

Where did you guys get that topper? Nice.

#361 6 years ago
Quoted from rx3:

Where did you guys get that topper? Nice.

https://www.geheimshop.de/alien
I bought mine here. And the cow on toys r us.

DSC_0078_8 (resized).JPGDSC_0078_8 (resized).JPG

DSC_0080_11 (resized).JPGDSC_0080_11 (resized).JPG

DSC_0077_5 (resized).JPGDSC_0077_5 (resized).JPG

DSC_0085 (resized).JPGDSC_0085 (resized).JPG

#362 6 years ago

Just joined the club! Attack!

20171202_140606 (resized).jpg20171202_140606 (resized).jpg

#363 6 years ago

Didn't realize your lamp was different than mine. That's one big cow!
Looks like mine is unavailable. It's called the alien abduction lamp.

Screenshot_20171203-100046 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171203-100046 (resized).png

#364 6 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

I wish I could buy one, but they don't ship to Australia does anyone know where I can get one P L E A S E

#365 6 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

Is there a way to get the website in English? So I clicked on PayPal and it went to PayPal in whatever language the website is. Now, all of my PayPal is in that language! I can’t get it back to English!! Lol....any solution?even if I open a whole new window for PayPal it is not in english

#366 6 years ago

Learn German.

#367 6 years ago

Well my shield did the thing again where it goes down and doesn’t raise back up after you destroy a ship. The three lights blink as if it thinks it’s up. I replaced the roller switches a few weeks ago, so it shouldn’t be that. Any thoughts? It gives dirty pool once and then just VUKs to the left habitrail. Power cycling fixes it (not an option during tournaments) and every now and then a following player will have it go up at the start of the ball.

#368 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Well my shield did the thing again where it goes down and doesn’t raise back up after you destroy a ship. The three lights blink as if it thinks it’s up. I replaced the roller switches a few weeks ago, so it shouldn’t be that. Any thoughts? It gives dirty pool once and then just VUKs to the left habitrail. Power cycling fixes it (not an option during tournaments) and every now and then a following player will have it go up at the start of the ball.

If you run the Motor Bank test, do switches 66 and 67 open and close as expected?

#369 6 years ago

Dear AFM owners.

Could some one tell me where this cable starts?
The ground braid attached one end to the back plate in the picture. Where it starts?
Thanks for any help

IMG_20170917_175128 (resized).jpgIMG_20170917_175128 (resized).jpg

#370 6 years ago
Quoted from arqpuebla:

Dear AFM owners.
The ground braid attached one end to the back plate in the picture. Where it starts?
Thanks for any help

as i remember it's starts on power plug socket in cabinet.

#371 6 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

as i remember it's starts on power plug socket in cabinet.

Thank you for reply, but the cable isnt long enough . My guess Is that start attached to another ground in the cabinets back . Maybe from top of left back leg.

#372 6 years ago

Finns det ett sätt att få webbplatsen på engelska? Så jag klickade på PayPal och det gick till PayPal på vilket språk webbplatsen är. Nu är all min PayPal på det språket! Jag kan inte få tillbaka det till engelska !! Lol .... någon lösning? Även om jag öppnar ett helt nytt fönster för PayPal är det inte på engelska

You can change language down here.

Screenshot_20171209-235600 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171209-235600 (resized).png

#373 6 years ago
Quoted from arqpuebla:

Dear AFM owners.
Thanks for any help

Did it once go to the Strobe board case? Mine had a broken ground between that case and the rest of the cabinet’s earthing braid from years of flexing as the play field went in/out & up/down. It also had that clear cover I can see in your photo.

2 weeks later
#374 6 years ago

Jet Bumper Switch ?

Hi guys, one of my jet bumper switches has failed. According to page 2-38 of the manual the part number for the jet bumper switch is A-12030-3, but I can't seem to find this switch anywhere. Perhaps the switch also has another part number that is more commonly used? Does anyone know where I can buy this switch or what it is called? Thank you

#375 6 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Jet Bumper Switch ?
Hi guys, one of my jet bumper switches has failed. According to page 2-38 of the manual the part number for the jet bumper switch is A-12030-3, but I can't seem to find this switch anywhere. Perhaps the switch also has another part number that is more commonly used? Does anyone know where I can buy this switch or what it is called? Thank you

Those very rarely fail. It might just need to be adjusted or the diode replaced. I would try that before replacing the whole switch.

#376 6 years ago
Quoted from rx3:

Those very rarely fail. It might just need to be adjusted or the diode replaced. I would try that before replacing the whole switch.

Unfortunately it is the metal contact nipple that has worn out, so I need a new switch?

Does anyone know where I can get a suitable switch ?

#377 6 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Unfortunately it is the metal contact nipple that has worn out, so I need a new switch?

ebay.com link: i

#378 6 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3776

#379 6 years ago

Have issue with my anypin nvram - they don't save time. Any ideas how to fix it? or i need to put battery for save time?

#380 6 years ago

As far as i know NVRAM doesn't save time.Battery does.

#381 6 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Have issue with my anypin nvram - they don't save time. Any ideas how to fix it? or i need to put battery for save time?

This is why I don't use nvram.

#382 6 years ago
Quoted from rx3:

This is why I don't use nvram.

i don't know about this. it's important for AFM and other games where saves date and time for leaderboards.

#383 6 years ago

I'm back baby!!! I traded out a beautiful restored AFM and now a deal has surfaced for the very same game to come back. So out with my SW LE and in with AFM, which I consider to be the greatest pin and most influential pin of all time!!! Not leaving now...

#384 6 years ago

THe wood between the drop target and the scoop is damaged and only half as thick as it should be. I think it is causing switch issues because the lock registers at times when the saucer scoop is shot. Any ideas as to how to repair that? I tried wood filler when I first got the game and that survived less than a handful of games.

#385 6 years ago

Was going to sell .My AFM HUO original for the remake . Change of heart .

100_0365 (resized).JPG100_0365 (resized).JPG

100_0364 (resized).JPG100_0364 (resized).JPG

#386 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

What the hell were you thinking??!?! Glad you came to your senses...lol

#387 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

No way on earth would I sell a HUO AFM to buy a remake

Good decision to keep it!

#388 6 years ago

I cashed out on mine for $$$$ right before the remake was announced. Sooooooo glad I did as the remake is as perfect as you can get. I bought the standard and very happy with it . Just some light tuning and it plays like a rocket.

1 week later
#389 6 years ago

Thank god for the Remake. Bringing AFM pricing back down to earth. Bringing home a documented one owner HUO AFM this Friday. Unboxed an AFMR LE with a friend last week, playfield fell into to cabinet before we could even get the legs on. Carriage bolts were so loose the pin fell off inside during transit. Topper bolts didn't line up, flippers too strong, shoot around was bent etc etc.
Check the AFMR technical thread.

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from One_Quarter:

Thank god for the Remake. Bringing AFM pricing back down to earth. Bringing home a documented one owner HUO AFM this Friday. Unboxed an AFMR LE with a friend last week, playfield fell into to cabinet before we could even get the legs on. Carriage bolts were so loose the pin fell off inside during transit. Topper bolts didn't line up, flippers too strong, shoot around was bent etc etc.
Check the AFMR technical thread.

Yep nothing better than a unfaded silkscreened original imo. Ive never played a remake that played as well as mine. Good buy

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yep nothing better than a unfaded silkscreened original imo. Ive never played a remake that played as well as mine. Good buy

Ive own'd 3 originals and now one standard edition AFM...... two where HUO and id say your wrong because you never played mine.

#392 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Personally I'm only interested in original titles. Low play survivors, pref HUO. There's so few left and rarity imparts value. The remakes are really impressive with the great lighting, giant display with updated graphics and the topper is really cool. But IMO they're not made as well (I've had one) and don't fit in my small collection.
When that HUO AFM popped up in Oregon recently I had to jump on it. The original owner ordered a bunch of extra parts with it in March of '96 when purchased new.
Fully populated ramps(NOS orig. still in package), spare saucer gate assembly, spare stroke of luck ball shooter assembly(weldment), many spare stand up targets, a spare martian, and more.
Will drop a color DMD and some leds in it.

IMG_8505 (resized).PNGIMG_8505 (resized).PNG

IMG_8519 (resized).PNGIMG_8519 (resized).PNG

IMG_8520 (resized).PNGIMG_8520 (resized).PNG

IMG_8521 (resized).PNGIMG_8521 (resized).PNG

IMG_8523 (resized).PNGIMG_8523 (resized).PNG

IMG_8522 (resized).PNGIMG_8522 (resized).PNG

#393 6 years ago

See, that’s not a remake vs original thing, that’s just a great piece of pinball history!

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from One_Quarter:

Personally I'm only interested in original titles. Low play survivors, pref HUO. There's so few left and rarity imparts value. The remakes are really impressive with the great lighting, giant display with updated graphics and the topper is really cool. But IMO they're not made as well (I've had one) and don't fit in my small collection.
When that HUO AFM popped up in Oregon recently I had to jump on it. The original owner ordered a bunch of extra parts with it in March of '96 when purchased new.
Fully populated ramps(NOS orig. still in package), spare saucer gate assembly, spare stroke of luck ball shooter assembly(weldment), many spare stand up targets, a spare martian, and more.
Will drop a color DMD and some leds in it.

Very cool... it does have some fade tho... but betrer than most.

#395 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Ive own'd 3 originals and now one standard edition AFM...... two where HUO and id say your wrong because you never played mine.

Maybe so but i still perfer original and will go out of my way to find a nice original over a remake

#396 6 years ago

Heres my very nice basically huo afm. It sat in storage from around 1997-2010. Then was set up in friends basement rarely played until i purchased it years ago. Truly a nice original survivor that plays amazing. And the unfaded silkscreened cab is gorgeous. 20161115_111626 (resized).jpg20161115_111626 (resized).jpg20160902_042121 (resized).jpg20160902_042121 (resized).jpg20160902_100143 (resized).jpg20160902_100143 (resized).jpg20160902_042153 (resized).jpg20160902_042153 (resized).jpg

#397 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Heres my very nice basically huo afm. It sat in storage from around 1997-2010. Then was set up in friends basement rarely played until i purchased it years ago. Truly a nice original survivor that plays amazing. And the unfaded silkscreened cab is gorgeous.

Very nice.

#398 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

See, that’s not a remake vs original thing, that’s just a great piece of pinball history!

Right?!
Couldn't pass.

#399 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Heres my very nice basically huo afm. It sat in storage from around 1997-2010. Then was set up in friends basement rarely played until i purchased it years ago. Truly a nice original survivor that plays amazing. And the unfaded silkscreened cab is gorgeous.

Very nice and totally agree!

#400 6 years ago

Long drive there and back. But it was worth it.

IMG_8596 (resized).JPGIMG_8596 (resized).JPG

IMG_8602 (resized).JPGIMG_8602 (resized).JPG

IMG_8598 (resized).JPGIMG_8598 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
16,500 (OBO)
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Wanted
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
There are 2,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 44.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-afm-martians-welcome/page/8?hl=vbobrusev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.