• 2,247 posts
  • 309 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by slizzap
  • Topic is favorited by 180 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_imageSection	Item	Description	Factory Setting	Value A.1 Standard Adjustments	34	Allow Chase Ball	YES	YES (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5570 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5563 (resized).jpeg
DSC00938 (resized).JPG
IMG_0563 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0566 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 45.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

Count me in! Finally snagged one.

The greatest two pinballs ever made next to each other! Well done!

#102 7 years ago
Quoted from deljaso:

I have searched for a bit, but can't find the light clips that hold the backbox lights in their holes. Most of mine are brittle & probably a quater of them have at least one broken leg/clip, does anyone know where to get replacements?

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=885

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

The greatest two pinballs ever made next to each other! Well done!

Thanks. Picked up both this year. Been looking for years and all of a sudden they both fell in my lap a few months apart! Funny how that happens.

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

Thanks. Picked up both this year. Been looking for years and all of a sudden they both fell in my lap a few months apart! Funny how that happens.

Isn't it. Same happend to me.

#105 7 years ago

Waiting Waiting Waiting for that miracle day when that MM will fall into my lap.

3 weeks later
#106 7 years ago

Looking for any AFM parts new or used. Please PM me with whatever you have.

4 weeks later
1 month later
#108 7 years ago

I have a question for my fellow AFM owners about your lock ramp.

Is there any adjustment to the diverter? If I hit a hard shot to that ramp when the diverter is open (lock not lit), the ball sometimes acts like it is hitting something behind the mother ship and comes back down the ramp entrance.
I can't find anything that looks like it is in the way. The only thing I can figure out is that the end of the metal diverter is slightly out from the plastic ramp. Like a hard shot that goes all the way around the guide is directed into the opposite side of the ramp (the side closer to the front of the machine).
It's not bent, but I'm wondering how much of a gap you guys have in yours? Do you get rejections on lock ramp shots very often?
Can this be adjusted? Or do I just have to live with it?
I am worried that if I push the pivot toward the back, that it won't open up when the lock is lit (the short end of the metal guide would hit the plastic ramp).

I am gonna take the glass off to clean up my playfield and will try to take a picture of what I am talking about if this doesn't make sense.

#109 7 years ago
Quoted from deljaso:

Is there any adjustment to the diverter? If I hit a hard shot to that ramp when the diverter is open (lock not lit), the ball sometimes acts like it is hitting something behind the mother ship and comes back down the ramp entrance.
I can't find anything that looks like it is in the way. The only thing I can figure out is that the end of the metal diverter is slightly out from the plastic ramp. Like a hard shot that goes all the way around the guide is directed into the opposite side of the ramp (the side closer to the front of the machine).
It's not bent, but I'm wondering how much of a gap you guys have in yours? Do you get rejections on lock ramp shots very often?
I am worried that if I push the pivot toward the back, that it won't open up when the lock is lit (the short end of the metal guide would hit the plastic ramp).
I am gonna take the glass off to clean up my playfield and will try to take a picture of what I am talking about if this doesn't make sense.

Take a photo!

I occasionally get balls coming back down the ramp if they're not hit hard enough, but never a rattle or rejection - just gravity! Is the ramp flap ok, the first switch gate nice and smooth, game pitched correctly? Run a ball round their manually and see what it hits.

Edit: here's a couple of pics from before my AFM refurb job:

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#110 7 years ago

I have been looking for the illuminated backboard instead of the city scape sticker. Does anyone know where i cab get one?

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from deljaso:

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I was having the exact same identical issue about 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately, I do not have an answer for you. My game started behaving "normally" and I have not seen this symptom in 2 weeks or so. I thought there might be a wiring loom or something keeping the ball from traversing up the ramp, but ever since I checked that area out, everything has been fine.

It's almost like the game was like "Uh oh, he's snooping around...better behave!"

I didn't adjust or touch a single thing. Wish I could help =/ ....

#112 7 years ago

Crazy that this is one the best pins ever but never no posts on the club thread . Just picked up a beautiful original condition one .
20160902_042305 (resized).jpg20160902_042305 (resized).jpg 20160902_042251 (resized).jpg20160902_042251 (resized).jpg20160902_042153 (resized).jpg20160902_042153 (resized).jpg20160902_024513 (resized).jpg20160902_024513 (resized).jpg20160902_042121 (resized).jpg20160902_042121 (resized).jpg

#113 7 years ago

congrats to the beauty . For me it's still the best pin ever.

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Crazy that this is one the best pins ever but never no posts on the club thread . Just picked up a beautiful original condition one .

We're all too busy playing

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from OlDirty:

congrats to the beauty . For me it's still the best pin ever.

So far its the most fun ive had in pinball in a while

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

We're all too busy playing

Very true

#117 7 years ago

Few more pics of this low play afm... been in home since 1999 with very litrle use. Also it was actually taken very good care of by prior owner..shopped , mods and. Waxed. 20160902_100133 (resized).jpg20160902_100133 (resized).jpg20160902_100143 (resized).jpg20160902_100143 (resized).jpg

#118 7 years ago

Very nice! Now get the bill ung saucers mod and lite up martian eyes in there

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Very nice! Now get the bill ung saucers mod and lite up martian eyes in there

Ordered bill ung mod allready lol.. actually before i even got the pin home lol. People ssy its a easy pin but its dam fast and hard to get control of the ball

#120 7 years ago

Just waiting for the remake to join the Club....

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Just waiting for the remake to join the Club....

Sorry, Ted. Not only will you have to wait countless years, but you will only be able to join the re-fake club.

#122 7 years ago

Where do you get the Martian eye mod?

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Few more pics of this low play afm... been in home since 1999 with very litrle use. Also it was actually taken very good care of by prior owner..shopped , mods and. Waxed.

Very nice! I'd put cliffy's on it asap. Especially the SOL hole.

#124 7 years ago

Sweet pin.

#125 7 years ago

Purists will scream but finally had to redo the cabinet on mine to remove very faded decals previous owner tried to fix with magic markers!

#126 7 years ago

Final results

#127 7 years ago

Why put the cabinet protectors on brand new decals? They don't look bad, but I just don't want to see your new decals have imprints in them from the protectors. However, you might have already thought of this and put the metal spacers underneath these to prevent them from touching the decals....

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Why put the cabinet protectors on brand new decals? They don't look bad, but I just don't want to see your new decals have imprints in them from the protectors. However, you might have already thought of this and put the metal spacers underneath these to prevent them from touching the decals....

Valid question. I just got more sets of the felt ones I use on most of my pins and I was planning to change them out. Assume that's better than the plastic ones, seems to be a variety of opinions.

#129 7 years ago

Do yourself a huge favor and get those off now. I did my decals a few years ago, before the metal spacer protectors. I out those on and now every one has wrinkled decals around it

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Very nice! I'd put cliffy's on it asap. Especially the SOL hole.

It has cliffys on everything but sol scoop but it has a mantis so all is well

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Crazy that this is one the best pins ever but never any posts on the club thread .

That's because people who own AFM are busy playing it.

They don't have time to trash it up with a lot of add on crap like some other games.

#132 7 years ago

Just finished a full restore with a beautiful new Mirco PF (but original cabinet art). It's like a completely different game - fast and smooth as butter.

Game is almost pinball perfection IMO. Elegant not flashy. Less is more. There's a lot to be said for a game where the timing of everything is perfect - the whole game flows beautifully. Almost no stop and start.

Personally like it much more than MM.

#133 7 years ago

Hit 4x Super JPs on a single MB.

#134 7 years ago

Can you join this illustrious club if you did a conversion fron another title?NBA-FB to AFM.

#135 7 years ago
Quoted from centre-drain:

Can you join this illustrious club if you did a conversion fron another title?NBA-FB to AFM.

I think that's the NBAFB murderers row thread

#136 7 years ago

Man this pin is awesome.... its not as easy as i heard it was and is super fast especially once u open the orbits up .... man its a blast. Its seems difficult to get to the wizard mode for sure bc of the dangerous shot up the middle and every time it takes more hits lol. If u just go for that its not bad on itself but all the other dangerous shots u have to complete on top of that seems pretty challenging for as fast as the pin is along with very open outlanes. Really loving the pin and mini wizard modes and of course its a lyman coded pin which if u look at my collection i love him lol.

#137 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

its a lyman coded pin which if u look at my collection i love him lol.

You really must - 2x AFM!
I tip my hat to you sir.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#138 7 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I tip my hat to you sir.

Charge your phone!

#139 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Charge your phone!

I like to live on the edge.

#1stworldproblems

#140 7 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I tip my hat to you sir.

Wow thats weird loll.

#141 7 years ago

Does anyones green standup targets have foam behind them ?

#142 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Does anyones green standup targets have foam behind them ?

Foam party!

579723_392637520775287_1131287560_n (resized).jpg579723_392637520775287_1131287560_n (resized).jpg

#143 7 years ago

Lol... but seriously do they? Guy i bought from who had it nearly 17-18 years says it never did? I didnt like the way it played so i added target foam and it really helped with airballs and just overall made the game play better. Before a random rickashay wld give u that target which i dont think is fair and think a solidly hit shot to a target sld be the correct way to score it imo.

#144 7 years ago

Mine has foam behind the targets and the replacement one I just bought (marco or pbl, I can't remember ) has the foam as well.

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from Jtm3:

Mine has foam behind the targets and the replacement one I just bought (marco or pbl, I can't remember ) has the foam as well.

Ok cool i figured as it didn't feel right without it. Ive seen so many without the foam tho.

#146 7 years ago

Just got to Rule the Universe for the first time last night. Then a ball got stuck under a plastic and the game timed out and ended itself

I thought I was going to have to turn off the game because I couldnt find the missing ball.

Only 1/2 finished RTU with 2.4bl to go. Total score 17 bl - thought it would be higher since my high score without reaching RTU is 27bl.

Good fun.

#147 7 years ago

It just occurred that I've never posted a pic of my AFM in this thread!

So here it is, with a few personal customisations:

(cityscape transparent lit back panel is still to be wired-in)

100% LED, with an LED OCD board.

#148 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

What a beautiful original. Congratulations on that find.

You didn't happen to score that BSD recently as well?

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

What a beautiful original. Congratulations on that find.
You didn't happen to score that BSD recently as well?

Thax it is so nice and clean inside and out with all matching boards and everything is like it came out of the factory in 1996 and considering what they usually look like especially being a reimport. But apparently it was only in Germany for a year or 2 at the most then my friend bought it and many others from a guy in d.c around 1998-'1999 from what he told me . Then they were in storage for a long time and slowly brought out and gone threw and added to his collection over the last 5 years where they haven't been played much at all which is good for me lol. Ive had my bsd for a few years now which was another great late night cl score lol

#150 7 years ago

I am a bit late to the party. Brought my AFM home after nearly a full 20 year wait. Played it at a defunct laser tag place called QZar. Loved the game so much I would miss out on laser games I paid for just to keep playing.

So good to finally have it home. It was worth the wait.

Home (resized).jpgHome (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 37.50
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.50
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-afm-martians-welcome/page/3?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.