• 2,246 posts
  • 309 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by slizzap
  • Topic is favorited by 180 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_imageSection	Item	Description	Factory Setting	Value A.1 Standard Adjustments	34	Allow Chase Ball	YES	YES (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5570 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5563 (resized).jpeg
DSC00938 (resized).JPG
IMG_0563 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0566 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,246 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 45.
#51 9 years ago

Your backglas looks nice . I'm glad you like it.

Not much going on here

#52 9 years ago

Joining the club in a week. Definitely need to color up my back box and the mirror blades look sick on this. I'm acquiring an unmolested, unmodded original with bright original cab art. Depending on how things work out the play field is perfect, but I may remove it and get it cleared. We shall see though.

#53 9 years ago

I just picked up my AFM last night. This thing looks NIB. Documented HUO one owner. Never seen daylight, always in a basement with windows blocked. Major score for me!

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

I just picked up my AFM last night. This thing looks NIB. Documented HUO one owner. Never seen daylight, always in a basement with windows blocked. Major score for me!

Now that is awesome! Congrats my friend. Do me a favor and share some nice high quality photos if you don't mind. I'll be doing the same once I get mine next week. It's nice finding these older games in super stellar condition.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

Joining the club in a week.

Paul,
Good luck on your attack. I finished my restoration last spring and have not stopped playing this pin. I keeps calling me back.

AFM.fin 009.jpgAFM.fin 009.jpg AFM.fin 010.jpgAFM.fin 010.jpg
#56 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Paul,
Good luck on your attack. I finished my restoration last spring and have not stopped playing this pin. I keeps calling me back.

AFM.fin 009.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
AFM.fin 010.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That looks pretty sweet with black armor. Think I like that better than the original. Nice job! I'm pretty stoked to get my hands on this game.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

Now that is awesome! Congrats my friend. Do me a favor and share some nice high quality photos if you don't mind. I'll be doing the same once I get mine next week. It's nice finding these older games in super stellar condition.

Here are a few. Don't know how high quality the pics are (taken with Iphone). Wife has the camera and gone for the weekend!

IMG_0574.JPGIMG_0574.JPGIMG_0575.JPGIMG_0575.JPGIMG_0576.JPGIMG_0576.JPGIMG_0577.JPGIMG_0577.JPGIMG_0583.JPGIMG_0583.JPGIMG_0585.JPGIMG_0585.JPGIMG_0586.JPGIMG_0586.JPGOff Truck.jpgOff Truck.jpg

#58 9 years ago

I've already ordered the red ramps..........now to figure out what other mods for this baby.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Here are a few. Don't know how high quality the pics are (taken with Iphone). Wife has the camera and gone for the weekend!
IMG_0574.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_0575.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_0576.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_0577.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_0583.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_0585.JPG (Click image to enlarge)IMG_0586.JPG (Click image to enlarge)Off Truck.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Man that is a nice find right there! Congrats

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

On a side note, I just noticed the cost of the game originally. Even with minusing the Canadian tax, this was not a cheap game. In fact with tax included I didn't pay a ton more than that for mine. Kinda a good perspective, so thanks for sharing.

#61 9 years ago

OK....not every pin is perfect. I bought the pin knowing the strobe on the main UFO was not lighting properly. When I was packing up the pin, found this in the bottom of the cab. Since the strobe is the only thing not working, I have to assume this is the cause. I've taken a good look and for the life of me can't figure out where it goes. Can someone help??

IMG_0582.JPGIMG_0582.JPG

#62 9 years ago

That is a main fuse. It sits in the power supply . If the game works it was already replaced.

#63 9 years ago

If the strobe is not working it is most likely the strobe bulb is cooked. That would be my first place to look.

#64 9 years ago

Thanks Sky. Tried switching out the strobe light.......still nothing!

#65 9 years ago

Did you check and make sure the cable from the box on the backside of the backboard is seated on both ends?

#66 9 years ago

this

AFM 199.jpgAFM 199.jpg AFM 201.jpgAFM 201.jpg
3 weeks later
#67 9 years ago

There's a new AFM on location on me I have a question about. The saucer drop target stays down for almost all saucer hits, meaning every time you hit the saucer the ball feeds to left flipper. This not only makes the game very easy, but also incredibly boring. I'm not very familiar with AFM, but basically once you conquer Mars the best strategy seems to be shooting the saucer for 100m each time. This feels like a very low risk shot that I can grind out a whole bunch before inevitably screwing it up after a hundred goes rather than trying to rule the universe.

Could something be broken or is the game intentionally configured like this via some difficulty setting? The drop target resets sometimes (maybe during a mode or for the first hit?) but never in the middle of an attack wave and never after conquering Mars.

#68 9 years ago

Broken.

I think you're incorrect about the best post-RTU strategy. RTU again! Ideally, by continuing to crush it on the current ball so you get lots and lots of victory laps.

Quoted from DefaultGen:

There's a new AFM on location on me I have a question about. The saucer drop target stays down for almost all saucer hits, meaning every time you hit the saucer the ball feeds to left flipper. This not only makes the game very easy, but also incredibly boring. I'm not very familiar with AFM, but basically once you conquer Mars the best strategy seems to be shooting the saucer for 100m each time. This feels like a very low risk shot that I can grind out a whole bunch before inevitably screwing it up after a hundred goes rather than trying to rule the universe.
Could something be broken or is the game intentionally configured like this via some difficulty setting? The drop target resets sometimes (maybe during a mode or for the first hit?) but never in the middle of an attack wave and never after conquering Mars.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Thanks Sky. Tried switching out the strobe light.......still nothing!

Look at the pic from Skypilot. See that blue thing on the left? The leads might be broken. If so, you can try to repair or get a better version from Pinbits.

#70 9 years ago

The drop target should be always up when destroying all the saucers of the different countries. Just for the last shoot of every country the drop target should stay down. During "destroying the Mars" the drop target should also be down.

#71 9 years ago

I will stake claim in the club now that my restore is complete

20150321_151317.jpg20150321_151317.jpg 20150321_193820.jpg20150321_193820.jpg
2 months later
#72 8 years ago

Joined the club back in April, finally took a few good pics. All original cab w/no fade, clearcoated playfield, ColorDMD, Bill Ung Mod, Goz Mod and of course my Stroke of Luck Hole mod.
IMG_2661.JPGIMG_2661.JPGIMG_2662.JPGIMG_2662.JPGIMG_2668.JPGIMG_2668.JPGIMG_2663.JPGIMG_2663.JPG

1 month later
#73 8 years ago

I picked up a AFM in June which I have now restored including new decals and black powder coating.

Before.jpgBefore.jpg

AFM_after.jpgAFM_after.jpg

4 weeks later
#74 8 years ago

20150914_194427.jpg20150914_194427.jpg
I recently purchased an AFM and have a question about this original translite?
Is the outline of the name supposed to be see through or should it be masked like the martian eyes?

#75 8 years ago

Yeah, that's normal.

1 week later
#76 8 years ago

FB pic of a bar

12039584_10154185573052646_3373955736089186636_n.jpg12039584_10154185573052646_3373955736089186636_n.jpg

#77 8 years ago

Wow. Just WOW.

2 weeks later
#78 8 years ago

Proud member of this club. Probably my #1 go to... There's just something about it that really clicks, nothing seems overdone - it is just perfect - a true masterpiece...

1 week later
#79 8 years ago

New Extra Ball Light from LeesParts.com. Lights up your Stroke of Luck hole when it will score an Extra Ball. Looks great with my Stroke of Luck Light mod as well.

http://www.leesparts.com/products/afm-extraball-light.html

AFMExtraBall300400.jpgAFMExtraBall300400.jpg

#80 8 years ago

Random question, but how do you get the falling cows mode? Also, where to get the shaker kit?

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Random question, but how do you get the falling cows mode? Also, where to get the shaker kit?

When you see a cow being pulled up by the tractor beam after shots to the ramps, hit the launch button and you will hear a cow moo. Do it for both left and right and when you get to video mode, there will be cows instead of saucers. They are a little bigger targets than the saucers so slightly easier to finish.

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Also, where to get the shaker kit?

Pinbits.com; though they were out of stock the last time I was there.

2 months later
#83 8 years ago

Anyone have a repro Martian lying around?

#84 8 years ago

Dark skinned, light skinned or vitiligo? (All stiff, non jiggly repros)

Quoted from TKDalumni:Anyone have a repro Martian lying around?

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from Beemus:

Dark skinned, light skinned or vitiligo? (All stiff, non jiggly repros)

image_(resized).jpg

I like my Martians jiggly with red eyes.

#86 8 years ago

Good guy alert...Beemus is the man!

3 weeks later
#87 8 years ago

Ever wanted to show everyone how much you love Attack From Mars? Is it a big inconvenience drag your pin with you every time you want to share your love? Here's the solution.
Posters, T-shirts, Hoodies and more!

http://www.redbubble.com/people/tonygraf/works/21021399-attack-from-mars

afm_mock-up_(resized).jpgafm_mock-up_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#88 8 years ago

The one thing I never got around to doing to my AFM was adding the "cityscape" background panel to the back of the PF. Does anybody have a line on who may be currently selling/making these? Didn't see any on ebay at the moment.

Thanks!

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

The one thing I never got around to doing to my AFM was adding the "cityscape" background panel to the back of the PF.

Check with Joey at PinballDecals.com for an illumated plexi backboard.

PinballCenter has a citiscape backpanel decal

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/attack-from-mars/3689/backboard-decal-for-attack-from-mars?c=2816

#90 8 years ago

I had my AFM for over two years. My pride and joy of my collection. I did a quite easy led mod for the Martians eyes in the right and left plastics. Drilled two small holes into the pkastic and hit glued the leds in. The eyes blink in line with the Martian targets.
By the way can someone tell me where you connect your wires to for the stroke of luck light mod?

20160313_210816_(resized).jpg20160313_210816_(resized).jpg

20160313_210655_(resized).jpg20160313_210655_(resized).jpg

20160313_210604_(resized).jpg20160313_210604_(resized).jpg

#91 8 years ago

Had mine about two years now and love it. It came with a lot of work done, including refurbished cabinet, new playfield, shaker motor (which works exceptionally well with the theme - I'd highly recommend it), colour DMD, mirror blades, invisiglass and more. I recently bought an LED kit, just need to find the time to swap the lights out.

IMG_2874_(resized).JPGIMG_2874_(resized).JPG

#92 8 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Check with Joey at PinballDecals.com for an illumated plexi backboard.
PinballCenter has a citiscape backpanel decal
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/attack-from-mars/3689/backboard-decal-for-attack-from-mars?c=2816

Awesome. Appreciate it!

#93 8 years ago

Does anyone have a shaker anymore????!!!

#94 8 years ago

Bump for: where do you connect the wires to in the stoke of luck led mod??

1 month later
#95 7 years ago

What is the best AFM repro playfield to buy? (Are there any options?)

#96 7 years ago

The only one available is from Mirco, as far as I know. It's great, but there are some misaligned dimples.

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The only one available is from Mirco, as far as I know. It's great, but there are some misaligned dimples.

Is Mirco:

www.highclasspinballs.com

?

#98 7 years ago

Yes.

EDIT: Just send Mirco an email at [email protected] and tell him you want one. He'll give you a price, shipping included, and then you Paypal him.

#99 7 years ago

Count me in! Finally snagged one.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#100 7 years ago

Joined the club yesterday! Been playing since, with a short break to install a colordmd. What a game. It's my first pin after wishing for years -- wanted TOM, MM, AFM, SS, CV, but when I visited my family in Las Vegas and we went to the PHOF, we stayed on the AFM machine for the majority of our time there, so I knew which one appeals most to all types of people. I was leaning toward an NIB GOT or something else new, but haven't played a newer stern that has the same fun factor as the 90's B/W, though I'll admit I've only played a few half working examples at a local bowling alley (PoTC, Rolling Stones) and one or two games on AC/DC, IM, SM at the PHoF.
It feels strange to play a 100% functioning game.
I have updated roms and gozmodz saucer board on the way. I need to close my outlanes just a bit, they are all the way open and killing me.
I have searched for a bit, but can't find the light clips that hold the backbox lights in their holes. Most of mine are brittle & probably a quater of them have at least one broken leg/clip, does anyone know where to get replacements?
And, my playfield was touched up/clearcoated before I got it, but I see where the metal at the bottom of the cow ramp is digging in a little bit. Does anyone add a mylar spot underneath there? Or do you just let it settle in and make its mark there?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 21.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 2,246 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-afm-martians-welcome/page/2?hl=silver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.