• 2,243 posts
  • 309 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by slizzap
  • Topic is favorited by 180 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_imageSection	Item	Description	Factory Setting	Value A.1 Standard Adjustments	34	Allow Chase Ball	YES	YES (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5570 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5563 (resized).jpeg
DSC00938 (resized).JPG
IMG_0563 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0566 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 45.
#1301 2 years ago

Finished stage one of my topper. Now for the Atomic Blaster!

#1302 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Finished stage one of my topper. Now for the Atomic Blaster!

That's pretty sweet!!

#1303 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

That's pretty sweet!!

Thank you sir. I am in the process of building the Atomic Blaster. The AB will be shooting at the saucer. I want to key off certain flashers to activate the two color beams from the AB. I will be using 12v LED wires for the streams. Each will key off of a different flasher.

#1304 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

My wife threw them on. I kind of like em that way. We must be dyslexic

LOL, they are my favorite cards so far. I love them after looking at the same cards for years. Plus, mine are on the correct sides

#1305 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

LOL, they are my favorite cards so far. I love them after looking at the same cards for years. Plus, mine are on the correct sides

Just checked the cards on my TFTC and it's the same. Dyslexia confirmed.

#1306 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Those look great, especially lit up. I may need to look into that.

#1307 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Thank you sir. I am in the process of building the Atomic Blaster. The AB will be shooting at the saucer. I want to key off certain flashers to activate the two color beams from the AB. I will be using 12v LED wires for the streams. Each will key off of a different flasher.

Should be pretty awesome when it's finished, looking great so far

#1308 2 years ago

Hello Martians!
I am working on a homebrew pinball machine and I will be using the motorized target bank which is in AFM. I wonder if anyone could measure the width and length of the cutout hole in the playfield for the target bank?

Would be soo grateful!

#1309 2 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Hello Martians!
I am working on a homebrew pinball machine and I will be using the motorized target bank which is in AFM. I wonder if anyone could measure the width and length of the cutout hole in the playfield for the target bank?
Would be soo grateful!

I found a playfield scan of AFM, but not 100 % sure if the printed size is correct, I measured 9.8 x 2.5cm. Appreciated if anyone could confirm that it is correct

#1310 2 years ago

I have a AFM remake. Beautiful. Need help.

Issues I'm having.
1. Right orbit randomly does not register the shot. Frustrating af.

2. Shot to saucer counts as ball lock. Ball must be bouncing over in trough?

3. Air balls off all the ramp posts and T and I targets. Should I change the post rubbers to silicone?

4. The game is fast and addictive AF. I can't stop playing it.

#1311 2 years ago

Welp, sent my AFM on its way, it will be missed but my buddy needed it more than I did! Watch out for those bleedin’ saucers everyone!

#1312 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I have a AFM remake. Beautiful. Need help.
Issues I'm having.
3. Air balls off all the ramp posts and T and I targets. Should I change the post rubbers to silicone?
4. The game is fast and addictive AF. I can't stop playing it.

Funny, this is the thread for the original but I'm having some similar issues.
1, sounds like your switch leading into the right orbit needs a slight adjustment. Put it in switch test and roll the ball over it and see if it occasionally doesn't register. Adjust so it does.
2, I'm having the same issue, although very rarely. I haven't looked into it much but I'm fairly certain the opto under the saucer needs cleaned or adjusted. I think it occasionally misses the ball and then the lock opto registers it.
3, just this morning I took the T and I targets out to add foam behind them. They take a beating and were bent back causing airballs. Did the remake come with foam? If not, I would add some
4, it's my favorite and I'm happy to finally own one!

#1313 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Adjust the switch for it so the ball triggers it all the time yet doesn't trap the ball.

Quoted from Av8:

Lift playfield and lean back. Check switch to see if it needs adjusting or for broken wires.

Quoted from Av8:

3. Air balls off all the ramp posts and T and I targets.

Raise playfield so pitch is steeper.

LTG : )

#1314 2 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I found a playfield scan of AFM, but not 100 % sure if the printed size is correct, I measured 9.8 x 2.5cm. Appreciated if anyone could confirm that it is correct

I can check tomorrow for you Edenecho

#1315 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

During the pinside blackout I was able to get my switches fixed. Found a diode leg barely attached on the drop target and got the wire for the T target back in the correct molux.
Next up, Bill's saucer mod. I'm thinking about going with green LEDS since there's already a lot of red in the game. If I get the gozmod also it might look cool with all the saucers with green chase lights with the mothership going red when hit. Any opinions?

Hi there!

Just for your information, GozMods are now available from MezelMods and in stock!

Any questions, please let me know.

Cheers!

Goz

#1317 2 years ago

Hmm, adding foam today behind the T and I targets. Anyone know what these holes are for? Looks like something was there at some point, I'm not sure what. This is the T, the I has the same holes

20210502_120845 (resized).jpg20210502_120845 (resized).jpg
#1318 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Anyone know what these holes are for?

Stand up target was changed from a front mount to a rear mount.

#1319 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Stand up target was changed from a front mount to a rear mount.

Thanks buddy!

#1320 2 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

American size for you, it's 1 inch wide and 3.75 inches long

#1321 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

American size for you, it's 1 inch wide and 3.75 inches long

Thanks alot, really appreciate it!

#1322 2 years ago

I joined the club! Loving my Attack! I did notice some funking wiring underneath the playfield.

1) I don’t know if this plug is not supposed to be used cuz it’s not.

2) hob knobbed wiring I was wondering if I shoukd leave it. Plays great! Or fix it, if so how?

3) Even I know this is a ground wire. I will put a nice end on it and connect it right. Wheres the best place to connect it?

Thanks

5C827D1A-571A-4ECA-A477-D0506A88045F (resized).jpeg5C827D1A-571A-4ECA-A477-D0506A88045F (resized).jpeg7C3D66AA-D0B4-40D6-B0BF-402B05CE83B3 (resized).jpeg7C3D66AA-D0B4-40D6-B0BF-402B05CE83B3 (resized).jpegD7540E6E-5D3B-43D3-B8C2-A02DAE3F02C6 (resized).jpegD7540E6E-5D3B-43D3-B8C2-A02DAE3F02C6 (resized).jpeg
#1323 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

3) Even I know this is a ground wire. I will put a nice end on it and connect it right. Wheres the best place to connect it?

Find where it broke off. Grab it and pull it around to where it all could go. Or to ground braid already fastened down.

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

2) hob knobbed wiring I was wondering if I shoukd leave it. Plays great! Or fix it, if so how?

Might be part of the cobbled mess. Hopefully someone can post pictures to help you clean it up. Solder nicely and heat shrink tubing, replace connector if missing.

#1324 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I joined the club! Loving my Attack! I did notice some funking wiring underneath the playfield.
Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's the plug that powers the 2 mini saucers on the top ramp. I know because my ramp is currently not in the machine because I can't get the damn thing back in there. Here's a pic of my connector, you should have one there somewhere unless that's what's been hacked up.

20210503_135623 (resized).jpg20210503_135623 (resized).jpg20210503_135732 (resized).jpg20210503_135732 (resized).jpg
#1325 2 years ago

Anyone have any tips on installing the top ramp? I've been fighting it for 45 min. I can't get the ramp flap to sit down properly. Something is hanging up underneath the mothership arm. It's really hard to see under there and find the problem. I finally thought I'll loosen the entire arm and raise it up to get the ramp in. The arm is attached to the back of the playfield with torx security screws. Wtf? Why would Bally use these here? I'm a little worried to mess with them now, is this a message from Bally saying don't take this apart? Maybe it's very difficult to put back together? Tips appreciated, it's driving me crazy. I rebuilt the pops this weekend so I had to take it out.

Edit, fixed. Much easier with the saucer arm removed.

20210503_131932 (resized).jpg20210503_131932 (resized).jpg

#1326 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking at your hack again that looks to be the power to your pop bumper lamps. That's actually not a bad thing, I would put some wire nuts on there though. Someone has done that to mine and it makes pop bumper work a breeze. Nothing to unsolder, just remove the wire nuts and you can pull the lamp right out

#1327 2 years ago

Finished my Atomic Blaster Topper. This is in attract mode. The Blaster Streams are brighter during game play due to longer duty cycles of the flashers during game play. The Blaster streams are done with LED wire keyed off of flasher 19 (blue) and flasher 17 (white). The Atomic Blaster Antimatter Intermix Chamber glows blue and interacts with the Atomic Blaster playfield lamp.

#1328 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Finished my Atomic Blaster Topper. This is in attract mode. The Blaster Streams are brighter during game play due to longer duty cycles of the flashers during game play. The Blaster streams are done with LED wire keyed off of flasher 19 (blue) and flasher 17 (white). The Atomic Blaster Antimatter Intermix Chamber glows blue and interacts with the Atomic Blaster playfield lamp.

Awesome!

#1329 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

The Atomic Blaster Antimatter Intermix Chamber

Can you tell that I watch too much SIFI on TV?

#1330 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

That looks awesome, how much?

Question about hold bonus from SOL. I rarely seem to get this, but after the drain I haven't seen the bonus held on the display. It's only counted up once and it seems to be from only the current ball, not the last ball. Maybe it's added to the score but not displayed? That seems weird to me as most games shown both being added

Added over 3 years ago:

Got the award again and it's hold bonus X not hold bonus. I read it wrong the first time.

2 weeks later
#1331 2 years ago

Looking for an AFMr SE in the NJ, PA, NY area if anyone is looking to sell. My wife has decided it’s the game for her!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

#1332 2 years ago
Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

Looking for an AFMr SE in the NJ, PA, NY area if anyone is looking to sell. My wife has decided it’s the game for her!
Thanks!

Try posting here...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club

#1333 2 years ago

#1334 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Joined the club today [quoted image]

That’s not an original AFM is it?

#1335 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

That’s not an original AFM is it?

He just has us confused with someone else....

#1336 2 years ago
Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

Thanks!

Would also be interested in an original, if available.

Thanks,
Chris

#1337 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

He just has us confused with someone else....

Yeah my bad! Jumped the gun on that one. I’ll leave now, bye.

#1338 2 years ago

Original all the way (and always!)

#1339 2 years ago
Quoted from ParisPinballAdct:

Original all the way (and always!)

Yeah original is great. But you get what you can get.

#1340 2 years ago

Memorial Day Sale

Free Shipping on Big O Jiggly Martians and Big O Jiggly Martians with LED Eyes

(minimum order of two Martians required).

Valid on orders received between 5pm, May 28th and Midnight, May 31st.

mickspinball.com

3 weeks later
#1341 2 years ago

Occasionally during multi-ball modes (Multi-Ball and Total Annihilation) the last ball(s) were not being ejected even though I could hear the solenoid going off. Finally took time and found the last one/two balls were resting in divots worn in the trough and not rolling down to the ejection spot. After a ball would drain (or I bumped the machine) it would knock the ball(s) on down so it seemed a little erratic. A little filing and like new. See photos.

Trough Divots Before (resized).jpgTrough Divots Before (resized).jpgTrough Divots Filed (resized).jpgTrough Divots Filed (resized).jpg
#1342 2 years ago

FYI, for anyone in search of a replacement SOL scoop, I just posted one for sale: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/116657

IMG_6212 (resized).JPGIMG_6212 (resized).JPG
#1343 2 years ago

Finally!!!!
78A7D948-0CE1-476F-BDDD-8B54426E585F (resized).jpeg78A7D948-0CE1-476F-BDDD-8B54426E585F (resized).jpeg

D427008E-380C-421D-8701-C0C86BF74049 (resized).jpegD427008E-380C-421D-8701-C0C86BF74049 (resized).jpeg
#1344 2 years ago

Just had the strangest of things .... of course during a cracker of game

I had just Ruled The Universe on ball 2 with 34B (two extra balls stacked and video mode still to be played) and as expected the game drains the balls on achieving RTU, however one ball must have been stuck somewhere up in the top rollover lanes or pops and the game did a ball search causing the ball to free itself and drain. The game then resumed as expected kicking a ball into the shooter lane for me to continue my go, I launched the ball and hit the SOL however the ball wasn't kicked back out. I waited for a ball search but it never activated, the flippers still worked and the game was still active, so I started to suspect a blown solenoid fuse. Went into solenoid test mode (of course lost my game in doing so) but all solenoids fired correctly, so got out of test mode and was able to successfully start and play a new game with no errors being detected by the pin.

So I'm wondering whether the ball search during the RTU ball drain ca hit caused me to hit bug in the code?? I'm scratching my head with this one and wondering if anyone else has seen or heard of anything similar??

#1345 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I had just Ruled The Universe on ball 2 with 34B . . .

Braggart.
3yvBBX.gif3yvBBX.gif

#1346 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Just had the strangest of things .... of course during a cracker of game
I had just Ruled The Universe on ball 2 with 34B (two extra balls stacked and video mode still to be played) and as expected the game drains the balls on achieving RTU, however one ball must have been stuck somewhere up in the top rollover lanes or pops and the game did a ball search causing the ball to free itself and drain. The game then resumed as expected kicking a ball into the shooter lane for me to continue my go, I launched the ball and hit the SOL however the ball wasn't kicked back out. I waited for a ball search but it never activated, the flippers still worked and the game was still active, so I started to suspect a blown solenoid fuse. Went into solenoid test mode (of course lost my game in doing so) but all solenoids fired correctly, so got out of test mode and was able to successfully start and play a new game with no errors being detected by the pin.
So I'm wondering whether the ball search during the RTU ball drain ca hit caused me to hit bug in the code?? I'm scratching my head with this one and wondering if anyone else has seen or heard of anything similar??

I would run that by Dave Estill see what he thinks. I am assuming you have the latest code.

2 weeks later
#1347 2 years ago

Quick question what was the cost on a Classic Remake AFM when it was first release?

#1348 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Quick question what was the cost on a Classic Remake AFM when it was first release?

6200? 6300? Somewhere around there I think.

EDIT: now I’m thinking it was 6500/7300/8000 for the models originally.

#1349 2 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

Your game being dark is a choice... It's something you can change.
[quoted image]

Speaker lights are awesome. Where did you get them from?

#1350 2 years ago

A big thank you to Mr_Tantrum for the "eat at eddy's" building mod. It's so detailed and well done, it looks great!

Thanks again!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
16,500 (OBO)
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,243 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-afm-martians-welcome/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.