• 2,230 posts
  • 309 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by slizzap
  • Topic is favorited by 180 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_imageSection	Item	Description	Factory Setting	Value A.1 Standard Adjustments	34	Allow Chase Ball	YES	YES (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5570 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5563 (resized).jpeg
DSC00938 (resized).JPG
IMG_0563 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0566 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,230 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 45.
#1251 3 years ago

Got my translucent backboard years ago with lights behind it. Really adds a little depth to the playfield in the back

2011-12-27_23-10-34_144 (resized).jpg2011-12-27_23-10-34_144 (resized).jpg2012-08-20_12-14-20_175 (resized).jpg2012-08-20_12-14-20_175 (resized).jpg
#1252 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

That's the OEM decal on the remakes (I actually put a different decal over mine because I didn't like it). Here is where you get it: http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-AFMR-PANEL&Category_Code=GS-6385
Here is what I changed to.[quoted image]

Thanks for the link, I actually ordered the same backboard decal you have now from the fellow in Russia. A month later, I’m still waiting for my Bryan Allen Flyland Designs inner side art decals to arrive...something about them being stuck at the post office. I hope one of these two backboard decals meshes well with the Flyland side art decals, I’ll need to see them on the game to decide which looks best. Anything but that uninspiring original cityscape backboard decal

#1253 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Got my translucent backboard years ago with lights behind it. Really adds a little depth to the playfield in the back
[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s what I have in my game. Looks pretty good, but the lights could probably stand an update.

#1254 3 years ago

Was this game made with inferior switches?
First it was the top left roll down lane, then the bottom right out lane and now the top right roll down lane.
I bought extra's from the get go (so it's not a big deal), but i have now installed more switches on this pin than i have on my last 10 combined.

Each one would work randomly, but they all failed and felt a bit rubbery with little to no click.

#1255 3 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

My opinion is that if you get 25+ years out of a little plastic switch then you've gotten your money's worth.

#1256 3 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

First it was the top left roll down lane, then the bottom right out lane and now the top right roll down lane.
I bought extra's from the get go (so it's not a big deal), but i have now installed more switches on this pin than i have on my last 10 combined.
Each one would work randomly, but they all failed and felt a bit rubbery with little to no click.

Yeah, I ended up just replacing them all on mine and then I didn't have to keep fiddling.

#1257 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

That’s what I have in my game. Looks pretty good, but the lights could probably stand an update.

I tried LEDs back there, but I think I like the look of incandescents better. It looks more natural and less harsh in this case.

#1258 3 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

No. By now they are old.

And I've seen from about AFM on there may have been labor changes on the assembly line. Switch wires are soldered on when the playfield is upside down. And often flux leaks into the switch body.

Result is over time the switch will work in test and fail in game play. The flux inside slows it down and the game doesn't see it.

LTG : )

#1259 3 years ago

Anyone looking for a Pinbits blackout mod for their game? I have one never installed that i picked up a while ago. I decided to go LED & GI OCD instead so this is now redundant.

I realize this would work in my CV as well. But same deal, went OCD boards in that one too

Shoot me a PM if interested.

68EFEEB6-4EAD-4CEB-97EE-16F04AF59F8A (resized).jpeg68EFEEB6-4EAD-4CEB-97EE-16F04AF59F8A (resized).jpegE8926BBB-7FD0-4930-AEC8-7E1DEB287A4C (resized).jpegE8926BBB-7FD0-4930-AEC8-7E1DEB287A4C (resized).jpeg3B14E336-C65E-40AE-85EB-C77B90822E12 (resized).jpeg3B14E336-C65E-40AE-85EB-C77B90822E12 (resized).jpeg
#1260 3 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Anyone looking for a Pinbits blackout mod for their game? I have one never installed that i picked up a while ago. I decided to go LED & GI OCD instead so this is now redundant.
I realize this would work in my CV as well. But same deal, went OCD boards in that one too
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

PM Sent

#1261 3 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Board has been sold. Thanks for everyone’s interest.

#1262 3 years ago

Decided to go through the SOL vuk. No problems just a tune up. This thing takes a beating. Took everything apart, cleaned it then did some metal polishing on the exposed portion. Did it the old fashioned way some 600 and 800 grit sandpaper and some Mothers. Lit it up with a green led attached to the SOL lamp on the pf. Looks good especially for original part.

046E2C7C-2308-4BA9-8684-F67698618C2B (resized).jpeg046E2C7C-2308-4BA9-8684-F67698618C2B (resized).jpeg

#1263 3 years ago

A big thanks to Mr_Tantrum for Eat at Eddy’s mod.

BCCB017F-9D09-449A-871E-8820A1C51499 (resized).jpegBCCB017F-9D09-449A-871E-8820A1C51499 (resized).jpeg
#1264 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

A big thanks to Mr_Tantrum for Eat at Eddy’s mod.
[quoted image]

I gotta get that too.

#1265 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

gotta get that too.

It really looks better in person. Mr._Tantrum does a very nice professional job on that mod. Very well packaged also. Very easy to install. I would buy from him again for sure.

#1266 3 years ago

I finished my LED ring mod for my Pop Bumper Tops. This area (pop bumper area) is very dark in AFM. I wanted to bring some light and show off how the pop tops look like saucers. The now lighted pop top saucers bring out the cityscape on the backboard decal and pinblades. They show up as a reflection in the night sky above the buildings. The flasher saucers really look like they are hovering over the area. The playfield art in the pop bumper area shows up and jumps out now. The picture shows a little too much light on the pf there but it does not look like that first hand. It is the over exposer of the phone camera.

#1267 3 years ago
0AD3958F-EC18-4338-9804-24626DADA9C9 (resized).jpeg0AD3958F-EC18-4338-9804-24626DADA9C9 (resized).jpeg
#1268 3 years ago

Here is a comparison to the game with spot lighting. The previous pic is with glass off. This pic has glass on. Notice how the pinblades jump out now. The main reason I wanted to do the spot lighting was so I could play in the dark room so when in Strobe Multiball the GI is turned off and it will be in total darkness maximizing the Strobe Effect.

F924DE50-AAA0-497A-9BE4-8F2997BD84F9 (resized).jpegF924DE50-AAA0-497A-9BE4-8F2997BD84F9 (resized).jpeg
#1269 3 years ago

I am looking for someone that would like a free set of these Attack From Mars Lenticular apron cards in exchange for photos of them installed.

Looking for someone in the Continental US, that hasn't received this offer from me previously for a different set of my cards.

First person to respond in this thread will get them.... this will keep the PMs to a minimum.... Thanks!

Store Link
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/04970-attack-from-mars-lenticular-apron-cards

Simulated 3D Effect-
AFM.gifAFM.gif

Other Lenticular Designs-
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lenticular-apron-cards

#1270 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I am looking for someone that would like a free set of these Attack From Mars Lenticular apron cards in exchange for photos of them installed.
Looking for someone in the Continental US, that hasn't received this offer from me previously for a different set of my cards.
First person to respond in this thread will get them.... this will keep the PMs to a minimum.... Thanks!
Store Link
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1289-youbentmywookie/04970-attack-from-mars-lenticular-apron-cards
Simulated 3D Effect-
[quoted image]

Other Lenticular Designs-
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lenticular-apron-cards

I'm not in the continental U.S but would take them
Looks great!

#1271 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I'm not in the continental U.S but would take them
Looks great!

Close enough... Send me your snail mail via PM.

Thanks everyone!

#1272 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Thanks everyone!

Thanks!

#1273 3 years ago

OMG. These are my favorite so far..I got your metallica ones thru this offer, so looks like it's time to pony up and buy these!!!

#1274 3 years ago

After wanting to join the club for 20 years I'm finally in! Took about a 7 hour trip today but I'm home. AFM is spending the night in the garage still loaded however as I'm a bit beat after a long day. I found a cut wire from the T target in Martian that needs fixed. It didn't come with a manual, so I need to figure out where it should go and also order a manual. The drop target also is not staying up as it should, drops whenever it is hit instead of just when destroying the saucer. It came with pingraffix mods, all of them I think. Illuminated blades, illuminated head side art, and the illuminated translight. I didn't even know these existed. There's no power to the translight, as the seller wasn't sure how to hook it up. Neither am I, will need to figure it out. I was given an inverter with it, and there's 2 others installed that drive the blades and head art. Maybe I can find some instructions online. Playing and looking at fixes tomorrow. Cold beer for me now, whew. Long day but worth it!

#1275 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

After wanting to join the club for 20 years I'm finally in! Took about a 7 hour trip today but I'm home. AFM is spending the night in the garage still loaded however as I'm a bit beat after a long day. I found a cut wire from the T target in Martian that needs fixed. It didn't come with a manual, so I need to figure out where it should go and also order a manual. The drop target also is not staying up as it should, drops whenever it is hit instead of just when destroying the saucer. It came with pingraffix mods, all of them I think. Illuminated blades, illuminated head side art, and the illuminated translight. I didn't even know these existed. There's no power to the translight, as the seller wasn't sure how to hook it up. Neither am I, will need to figure it out. I was given an inverter with it, and there's 2 others installed that drive the blades and head art. Maybe I can find some instructions online. Playing and looking at fixes tomorrow. Cold beer for me now, whew. Long day but worth it!

Welcome to the club!

#1276 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Welcome to the club!

Thanks! Feels good to finally have my holy grail. I should have bought one long ago. No matter, it's here now!

#1277 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

I feel your pain, every pin I buy I have to collect as the UK pin transport guys don’t come my way. I was lucky with my AFM only 3 hours away but a few years ago it took nearly 24 hours to get a TAF due to the exhaust pipe on my van coming off, then only the other week picking up a pin (another day out) I had a blow out at 100mph but just about held it together. Joys of pinball.
A cold beer fixes everything.

#1278 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

YAY! Finally! Good Job Doc! If you need any help with anything let me know.

#1279 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I feel your pain, every pin I buy I have to collect as the UK pin transport guys don’t come my way. I was lucky with my AFM only 3 hours away but a few years ago it took nearly 24 hours to get a TAF due to the exhaust pipe on my van coming off, then only the other week picking up a pin (another day out) I had a blow out at 100mph but just about held it together. Joys of pinball.
A cold beer fixes everything.

Pinball adventures are definitely a love/hate situation for me.

Quoted from whthrs166:

YAY! Finally! Good Job Doc! If you need any help with anything let me know.

Thanks, and I appreciate you keeping an eye out for one for me. Do you or somebody have a manual handy? It's a green/ yellow wire coming off the T target that's broken. I won't be able to get Martian attack without it. Not sure where it should go. Also, can someone remind me the correct function of the drop target? From memory I think it stays up until the saucer is ready to be destroyed. However, I'm wondering now does it drop everytime it's hit and then quickly reset?

#1280 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Pinball adventures are definitely a love/hate situation for me.

Thanks, and I appreciate you keeping an eye out for one for me. Do you or somebody have a manual handy? It's a green/ yellow wire coming off the T target that's broken. I won't be able to get Martian attack without it. Not sure where it should go. Also, can someone remind me the correct function of the drop target? From memory I think it stays up until the saucer is ready to be destroyed. However, I'm wondering now does it drop everytime it's hit and then quickly reset?

If the green-yellow wire is still connected to the T switch, then the other end should be connected to either the I or the N switch. Inspect those two to see if they are missing one.

The center gate is supposed to be up with the game starts. You need to hit the three targets for it to drop. Then you start hitting the ship and blow it up. Then the gate goes back up. Caveat: for the super skill shot where you hold the left button and launch the ball, then hit the gate, it’ll go down with one hit and give 50m points.

#1281 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

If the green-yellow wire is still connected to the T switch, then the other end should be connected to either the I or the N switch. Inspect those two to see if they are missing one.
The center gate is supposed to be up with the game starts. You need to hit the three targets for it to drop. Then you start hitting the ship and blow it up. Then the gate goes back up. Caveat: for the super skill shot where you hold the left button and launch the ball, then hit the gate, it’ll go down with one hit and give 50m points.

Thanks, yes wire is connected to T. I'll check I and N. Sorry I was vague, I'm referring to the single drop target under the ship. When I played yesterday it would drop from a hit and stay down. I know it should only stay down only after enough hits on the saucer are made. I'm going to set it up soon, maybe the problem will be obvious.

#1282 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Do you or somebody have a manual handy? It's a green/ yellow wire coming off the T target that's broken.

Hey Doc do you need any pics of the wiring?

#1283 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Thanks, yes wire is connected to T. I'll check I and N. Sorry I was vague, I'm referring to the single drop target under the ship. When I played yesterday it would drop from a hit and stay down. I know it should only stay down only after enough hits on the saucer are made. I'm going to set it up soon, maybe the problem will be obvious.

Oh gotcha—yeah that should stay up until the ship is ready to be destroyed. I had to replace mine once because it wouldn’t stay up. I just had to replace the plastic target, but check pdf p. 118 of the manual here for the assembly breakdown to see if the spring or something is missing http://www.coinoperatorshop.com/media/products/manual/pinball/Bally_1995_Attack_from_Mars_Operations_Manual.pdf

#1284 3 years ago

Green and yellow go to both “T” and “I” targets and they join right here (in the pic) then go to the molex connector.

E71B6073-E964-4839-8A52-55D578A1B916 (resized).jpegE71B6073-E964-4839-8A52-55D578A1B916 (resized).jpeg
#1285 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Do you or somebody have a manual handy? It's a green/ yellow wire coming off the T target that's broken.

Look at all your targets. All wired the same. For this forget the colored stripe for right now just the base color. White wire and black end of diode to a lug, green wire to a lug, silver band end of the diode to a lug. This pattern is the same on every switch. Look at any other switch to see where the green wire goes.

1 week later
#1286 3 years ago

I've seen the game go black during attract mode...and the strobe starts flashing underneath the saucer. Then it goes back to normal everything flashing attract mode.

Just looking for confirmation this is normal for attract mode? Thanks.

#1287 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I've seen the game go black during attract mode...and the strobe starts flashing underneath the saucer. Then it goes back to normal everything flashing attract mode.
Just looking for confirmation this is normal for attract mode? Thanks.

Yes it is- shows the feature to attract people.
Not sure if you can turn it off in setttings

#1288 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Pretty sure mine has a custom setting to do this while I'm trying to change a bulb with the power on, scaring the ever loving shit out of me!

#1289 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Thank you!

#1290 3 years ago

When you get total annihilation multiball, is there something i should be shooting for?

#1291 3 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

When you get total annihilation multiball, is there something i should be shooting for?

All shots except lock build towards the jackpot. Jackpot is collected at the lock shot

#1292 2 years ago

During the pinside blackout I was able to get my switches fixed. Found a diode leg barely attached on the drop target and got the wire for the T target back in the correct molux.

Next up, Bill's saucer mod. I'm thinking about going with green LEDS since there's already a lot of red in the game. If I get the gozmod also it might look cool with all the saucers with green chase lights with the mothership going red when hit. Any opinions?

#1293 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

During the pinside blackout I was able to get my switches fixed. Found a diode leg barely attached on the drop target and got the wire for the T target back in the correct molux.
Next up, Bill's saucer mod. I'm thinking about going with green LEDS since there's already a lot of red in the game. If I get the gozmod also it might look cool with all the saucers with green chase lights with the mothership going red when hit. Any opinions?

I went with green. I wouldn't change it, looks great. Don't forget to buy green flasher covers.

#1294 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I went with green. I wouldn't change it, looks great. Don't forget to buy green flasher covers.

Good call. Did you get the expansion kit? I think I will pass on it. I don't think it will bother me much if the saucers don't go dark. I have an illuminated translight, so I have no use for that part of the kit.

#1295 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Good call. Did you get the expansion kit? I think I will pass on it. I don't think it will bother me much if the saucers don't go dark. I have an illuminated translight, so I have no use for that part of the kit.

The expansion kit came out after mine was installed and it seemed like a lot of work for not that much added.

This pic was taken of the blades, but you can see the green saucer lights.

IMG_20170507_192853280 (resized).jpgIMG_20170507_192853280 (resized).jpg
#1296 2 years ago

hello to everyone...do you know where is possible to find the backboard decal that you can see in the attached picture? I suppose it is from AFMremake...but maybe someone know how to have it thanks

Schermata 2021-04-21 alle 18.57.31 (resized).pngSchermata 2021-04-21 alle 18.57.31 (resized).png
#1297 2 years ago
Quoted from enzopasciuti:

I suppose it is from AFMremake...

Right you are.

Contact Sara at Planetary Pinball Supply to see if you can buy one.

#1298 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Thanks everyone!

Love the cards!!! Thanks again!
DSC06225.JPGDSC06225.JPGDSC06209.JPGDSC06209.JPGDSC06199.JPGDSC06199.JPGDSC06198.JPGDSC06198.JPG

IMG_20210420_1715182.jpgIMG_20210420_1715182.jpgIMG_20210420_1709448.jpgIMG_20210420_1709448.jpg
#1299 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Love the cards!!! Thanks again!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

It's driving me crazy that you have them on the wrong sides.

#1300 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It's driving me crazy that you have them on the wrong sides.

My wife threw them on. I kind of like em that way. We must be dyslexic

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.50
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

16,500 (OBO)
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 2,230 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-afm-martians-welcome/page/26?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.