• 2,247 posts
  • 309 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by slizzap
  • Topic is favorited by 182 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_imageSection	Item	Description	Factory Setting	Value A.1 Standard Adjustments	34	Allow Chase Ball	YES	YES (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5570 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5563 (resized).jpeg
DSC00938 (resized).JPG
IMG_0563 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0566 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 45.
#1201 3 years ago
Quoted from chriz99:

yes, installed the cool mothership martian mod from wolfsoft. a great and unique
mod. Added also an alternative „eat at eddys deluxe“ version on my AFM

cheers
Chris

Where did you get that eat at eddy's building?
Thanks,
Joe

#1202 3 years ago
Quoted from chriz99:

yes, installed the cool mothership martian mod from wolfsoft. a great and unique
mod. Added also an alternative „eat at eddys deluxe“ version on my AFM

cheers
Chris

Nice, looks great! I'll reach out to Klaus/Wolf about this mod. Do you know if it is compatible with the Bill Ung saucer LED kit?

#1203 3 years ago

darkryder thanks, I think the Klaus/Wolf mod will work with the Bill Ung saucer Kit, because you only switch/change the dome flasher with the mod.

jcar302 this alternative eat at eddy's deluxe version is my creation. I have a few in stock, if you want one just shoot me a pm

cheers
Chris

#1204 3 years ago

#1205 3 years ago

Looking for a full set of NOS or repro ramps with decals and flaps for AFM. Shoot me a PM if you have a set of three ramps or a lead, thanks.

#1206 3 years ago

Love my AFM

Quoted from darkryder:

Looking for a full set of NOS or repro ramps with decals and flaps for AFM. Shoot me a PM if you have a set of three ramps or a lead, thanks.

Try Starship

https://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps/Attack-From-Mars-3-Ramp-Set

#1208 3 years ago

Hey AfM owners ... I've been having a ton of fun making these new products, so here's a few versions for you:

There are plain old original stock coin reject buttons ... then there are aftermarket coin reject buttons with flat 2-D patterns -- I'm taking it to the next dimension with these new 3-D Coin Reject Buttons!

These eye-catching buttons literally pop out at you! They're 3D-printed with multiple filaments, including a translucent base which allows the coin insert light to glow through. For Attack From Mars, I have a few varieties:
- The Leaning Tower of Pisa! (before the Martians straighten it)
- The hand & torch of the Statue of Liberty!
- The Statue of Liberty version is also available with the flame colored with gold ink (where accessible), to look more like the real landmark.

AfM-Pisa1_RCP (resized).jpgAfM-Pisa1_RCP (resized).jpg
AfM-Liberty1_RCP (resized).jpgAfM-Liberty1_RCP (resized).jpg
AfM-LibertyT1_RCP (resized).jpgAfM-LibertyT1_RCP (resized).jpg

Currently available with red or clear/white base button; other base colors (including green, orange, and yellow) coming soon.

AfM-Pisa2_RCP (resized).jpgAfM-Pisa2_RCP (resized).jpg
AfM-Liberty2_RCP (resized).jpgAfM-Liberty2_RCP (resized).jpg
AfM-LibertyT2_RCP (resized).jpgAfM-LibertyT2_RCP (resized).jpg

Available on my website (https://rocketcitypinball.com) or in my shop here on Pinside (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/04858-3d-coin-reject-buttons-attack-from-mars). (My daughter gets a commission too; these 3D buttons were her idea!)

Installation instructions posted in the shop listing. Note: please check your game before ordering -- this button replaces P/N 27-1037 button & 27-1038 cover. Some games may have different buttons (e.g., reimports, swapped coin doors, etc.), so compare to my pictures to be sure this is the correct one for yours (button is separate piece from slot).

#1209 3 years ago

Nice little mods these would really benefit from being resin printed rather than FDM.

#1210 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I think Laseriffic used to sell them, but Rick probably shut it down over copyright infringement. If anyone wants to part with theirs, PM me.

That topper is actually licensed! My buddy has one on his game. They’re not being made any more unfortunately.

#1211 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

That topper is actually licensed! My buddy has one on his game. They’re not being made any more unfortunately.

Good to know. I’ll probably just order the current redhead chick version they sell now instead. It’s still nice and better than no topper at all

#1212 3 years ago

Just got this so I could put it next to my machine.

Will add more pics when I get it downstairs and unwrapped.

IMG_20210220_1457103.jpgIMG_20210220_1457103.jpg
#1213 3 years ago
Quoted from paulg100:

Nice little mods these would really benefit from being resin printed rather than FDM.

Thank you! Perhaps I'll expand to resin someday but I'll have to work my way up.

By the way, the translucent green showed up today so more pics to follow!

#1214 3 years ago

Oh Wow how cool!

#1215 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Just got this so I could put it next to my machine.
Will add more pics when I get it downstairs and unwrapped.
[quoted image]

NICE! I've been looking for a MARS ATTACKS life-size alien for some time, where did you buy it, fellow Canadian???

#1216 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

NICE! I've been looking for a MARS ATTACKS life-size alien for some time, where did you buy it, fellow Canadian???

Yea, a fellow Pinsider in Alberta. Not sure where he got it from though. This things looks amazing. It will mesh perfectly with the AFM theme.

IMG_20210221_1312127.jpgIMG_20210221_1312127.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_20210221_1422549.jpgthumbnail_IMG_20210221_1422549.jpg

IMG_20210221_1915269.jpgIMG_20210221_1915269.jpg
#1217 3 years ago

Well it seems that one of my Big O Jiggly Martians hitched a ride back home....

mickspinball.com

marslanding (resized).jpgmarslanding (resized).jpg
#1218 3 years ago

Pin2dmd colorization for real pins was updated, who requested files early, please re download your personal link

#1219 3 years ago

Had the motor bank forget that it was down and went into switch test. It shows that it knows the bank is down. When you back out of the menu the game reboots and it went back up in attract mode. Why does it get stuck down anyway? Anything I can do about it? Code is rev 1.1

BCF9CE18-E223-423B-A2A5-8D6ECF50241A (resized).jpegBCF9CE18-E223-423B-A2A5-8D6ECF50241A (resized).jpeg
#1220 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Why does it get stuck down anyway?

There is a cam in an elongated slot that makes the bank go up and down. Is your cam not in the slot ?

LTG : )

#1221 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There is a cam in an elongated slot that makes the bank go up and down. Is your cam not in the slot ?

It reset the bank just fine when it went back into attract mode, so I can’t check where it’s at right now, but I can inspect the area. I’ll do the up/down test and see what the cam does. I have a new black plastic piece for the 3 switches to sit in. Mine does have some play, but not too bad.

#1222 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

so I can’t check where it’s at right now,

Playfield up and leaned back. Flashlight. Easy to check. It will be on the bottom with the playfield in this position.

#1223 3 years ago

Is this backboard decal available to purchase anywhere? I have my original AFM playfield stripped down and don't care for the original cityscape backboard decal. Interested in either purchasing this backboard decal or the version from the guy in Russia, but would rather buy Stateside and not wait 4-6 weeks. Any leads would be appreciated. I also have the Bryan Allen Flyland Designs inner side art decals on the way, too bad he doesn't also make a backboard decal.

https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/afm-art-blade/

AFM Backboard Decal 4 (resized).jpgAFM Backboard Decal 4 (resized).jpg
#1224 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Is this backboard decal available to purchase anywhere? I have my original AFM playfield stripped down and don't care for the original cityscape backboard decal. Interested in either purchasing this backboard decal or the version from the guy in Russia, but would rather buy Stateside and not wait 4-6 weeks. Any leads would be appreciated. I also have the Bryan Allen Flyland Designs inner side art decals on the way, too bad he doesn't also make a backboard decal.
[quoted image]

Weeks? Ha! I waited 4-6 months. In all fairness, i ordered and then covid hit and closed everything down. I’m sure it’s much closer to normal now. Very happy with mine and will be tearing my game apart so I can install soon.

#1225 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Weeks? Ha! I waited 4-6 months. In all fairness, i ordered and then covid hit and closed everything down. I’m sure it’s much closer to normal now. Very happy with mine and will be tearing my game apart so I can install soon.

That was my concern. If anyone has a nice alternative AFM backboard decal for sale, let me know. I like the decal in the pic above, but would consider other options. Worst case, I’ll leave the plain old city buildings decal on it for now

22C5FA3E-FB8B-40AB-91B1-4310EF617A50 (resized).jpeg22C5FA3E-FB8B-40AB-91B1-4310EF617A50 (resized).jpeg
#1226 3 years ago
Quoted from PilotPinball:

Is there anywhere to buy the GozMod (allows big saucer to change colors) in the U.S. anymore. I don't see it at Marco Specialities now.

Hi PilotPinball,

Only just seen your post. I currently don't have a US distributor (although I am working on this problem) but can gladly send you a GozMod directly. Please PM me if still interested.

Cheers!

Martin

#1227 3 years ago
Quoted from Gozzle:

Only just seen your post. I currently don't have a US distributor (although I am working on this problem) but can gladly send you a GozMod directly. Please PM me if still interested.

Cheers!

Martin

I highly recomment this MOD, looks great!
And Martin's after-sales is top-notch

#1228 3 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

I highly recomment this MOD, looks great!
And Martin's after-sales is top-notch

Agree! This is the best mod for AFM.

In this video link you can fast forward to 1:09 mins to see this mod in Action.

Sorry about the video quality This is my 1st YouTube video.

I did this video with my iPhone 11 in HD and I am not sure why it got pixelated after I uploaded in YouTube.

#1229 3 years ago

The day finally came this past weekend to pick up my AFM. Been waiting for over a year to be able to have the funds. Everytime I got close on the savings, something came up and there went the money. Oh well start over... This game has the nicest original cabinet I have seen on an AFM. No fade, no scratches No damage.
Minimal wear on the pf. Original board set. Nice shooter lane. I have to just touch up the apron a bit with my airbrush. The logo there pealed a bit. The lift trim was broke. Strangely enough both side rails had dings but not from the back box. Weird. Plays fast and smooth.

2F7F150C-EFEE-4BAE-9198-D37BBB48D8A6 (resized).jpeg2F7F150C-EFEE-4BAE-9198-D37BBB48D8A6 (resized).jpeg3AB0731D-F775-4DD9-869B-80A0ED191EEC (resized).jpeg3AB0731D-F775-4DD9-869B-80A0ED191EEC (resized).jpeg429CE7EC-44B6-4398-915D-C89592E110E0 (resized).jpeg429CE7EC-44B6-4398-915D-C89592E110E0 (resized).jpegB85DD68B-71FD-4B27-B682-A040BC54CD48 (resized).jpegB85DD68B-71FD-4B27-B682-A040BC54CD48 (resized).jpeg
#1230 3 years ago
6E9F5190-4D4B-4085-A4CF-9535F354889C (resized).jpeg6E9F5190-4D4B-4085-A4CF-9535F354889C (resized).jpegCC0C2D37-4F88-4C96-A3F2-BE3826D672DD (resized).jpegCC0C2D37-4F88-4C96-A3F2-BE3826D672DD (resized).jpeg
#1231 3 years ago

Probably a doh question but where is the strobe bulb?

I put a backboard decal on that took hours and tested strobe multiball and can't see blinding flashes.

I checked the connections on the board that is on the back of the backboard.

But, I don't recall ever seeing the bulb?!

#1232 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

but where is the strobe bulb?

Page 1-61 and page 1-62 in the manual cover it pretty good. Under the big saucer.

#1233 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page 1-61 and page 1-62 in the manual cover it pretty good. Under the big saucer.

Thanks - will have a good look tomorrow!

#1234 3 years ago

I have a question for you guys. Is it normal for the game to show random hits on the saucer after you achieve the go ahead to destroy the saucer? It seems in this game that if you take too long to blow up the saucer after you get the callout to destroy it
You will witness random hits on the saucer when your just knockin the ball around elsewhere (usually trying to gain control)

#1235 3 years ago

Had my game now for a week and man is it nice to have one of these back in the House! I forgot how much fun this game really is. This thing is kickin my ass. I don’t remember the remake (I had) being this difficult for some reason. (I know that must sound silly) You have to hit The enable lock ramp on this thing perfectly or rejects. Everytime! I also forgot how fast this game is! Balls flyin all over the place! Just Madness!

#1236 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I have a question for you guys. Is it normal for the game to show random hits on the saucer after you achieve the go ahead to destroy the saucer? It seems in this game that if you take too long to blow up the saucer after you get the callout to destroy it
You will witness random hits on the saucer when your just knockin the ball around elsewhere (usually trying to gain control)

That is not normal. I'd suspect the switch that detects the ball as it falls in underneath the saucer.

#1237 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

. Is it normal for the game to show random hits on the saucer

Tests - Switch Edge - bang on playfield. Adjust any switch registering on the screen.

#1238 3 years ago

Ok Thanks guys!

#1239 3 years ago

So I took out the saucer targets and I found that the leaf contacts were really sensitive and there were no cushions. Are there supposed to be cushions behind those? Most targets do have them. There is no evidence that there were any on these targets. Well I installed them anyway. Wd will see how much harder it is to hit the saucer now. And if those rogue hits disappear.

1AC80AEF-B289-45C2-AB1B-B182A44F329A (resized).jpeg1AC80AEF-B289-45C2-AB1B-B182A44F329A (resized).jpeg59D612E0-13AA-4105-BFD6-A4EC746354E6 (resized).jpeg59D612E0-13AA-4105-BFD6-A4EC746354E6 (resized).jpeg
#1240 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

So I took out the saucer targets and I found that the leaf contacts were really sensitive and there were no cushions. Are there supposed to be cushions behind those? Most targets do have them. There is no evidence that there were any on these targets. Well I installed them anyway. Wd will see how much harder it is to hit the saucer now. And if those rogue hits disappear.
[quoted image][quoted image]

There should be no cushions on those switches. If they're too sensitive, you need to adjust the gap between the contacts.

#1241 3 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

There should be no cushions on those switches. If they're too sensitive, you need to adjust the gap between the contacts.

Ok Thank you

#1242 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:Tests - Switch Edge - bang on playfield. Adjust any switch registering on the screen.

I was wrong about the sensitivity issue regarding the saucer targets. After doing what you suggested, “ pounding on the playfield” (with my fist) I noticed a change of state for the drop target. After a wiggle test & inspection I realized that the diode was loose (under solder) on the drop target switch leg. After a reflow problem solved. Thank you for you continued guidance on technical issues. Your assistance is much appreciated.

#1243 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I was wrong about the sensitivity issue regarding the saucer targets. After doing what you suggested, “ pounding on the playfield” (with my fist) I noticed a change of state for the drop target. After a wiggle test & inspection I realized that the diode was loose (under solder) on the drop target switch leg. After a reflow problem solved. Thank you for you continued guidance on technical issues. Your assistance is much appreciated.

I still love seeing Lloyd figure stuff out! Feels good to see people fixing and playing

#1244 3 years ago

Got lucky with Ebay purchase. I got everything for 20 bucks.

0559F183-E80E-47CF-90A5-C825207A8878 (resized).jpeg0559F183-E80E-47CF-90A5-C825207A8878 (resized).jpeg
#1245 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Got lucky with Ebay purchase. I got everything for 20 bucks.

The Gildan sock too ?

Nice score.

#1246 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

[quoted image]

That's the OEM decal on the remakes (I actually put a different decal over mine because I didn't like it). Here is where you get it: http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-AFMR-PANEL&Category_Code=GS-6385

Here is what I changed to.

8adbc78eff90ab270ade3006c7cf634598c7f59b (resized).jpg8adbc78eff90ab270ade3006c7cf634598c7f59b (resized).jpg
#1247 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

That's the OEM decal on the remakes (I actually put a different decal over mine because I didn't like it). Here is where you get it: http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-AFMR-PANEL&Category_Code=GS-6385
Here is what I changed to.[quoted image]

That decal looks awesome.

#1248 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Here is what I changed to.

I like how it appears to glow in the backround. Nicely done.

#1250 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I like how it appears to glow in the backround. Nicely done.

I coated it with clear gloss vinyl for a little extra shine, other than that the lighting is OEM (I do have Pinstadium lights).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 21.50
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-afm-martians-welcome/page/25?hl=vbobrusev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.