• 2,232 posts
  • 309 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by slochar
  • Topic is favorited by 180 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_imageSection	Item	Description	Factory Setting	Value A.1 Standard Adjustments	34	Allow Chase Ball	YES	YES (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5570 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5563 (resized).jpeg
DSC00938 (resized).JPG
IMG_0563 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0566 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,232 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 45.
#1151 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Create a new thread.

Good comeback.

#1152 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Good comeback.

It's not a comeback. It's a suggestion.

#1154 3 years ago

You guys are something else. My CE looks and plays awesome, and the price was right. Is it better than the original, probably not but I sure enjoy it.

#1155 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Good comeback.

Ooooo you must be fun at party's.

No really, If you cant be civil and act like an adult, go elsewhere.

#1156 3 years ago

All I see is mention of him adding an XL display to a AFMr CE which does not have it.

#1157 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

All I see is mention of him adding an XL display to a AFMr CE which does not have it.

Contact him.

#1158 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

Ooooo you must be fun at party's.
No really, If you cant be civil and act like an adult, go elsewhere.

Seriously, where was I not civil?

There's a certain irony with you making a personally disparaging comment toward me and then telling me to act like an adult.

#1159 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Create a new thread.

Agreed! Did we find out the topper question issue on the original afm?

#1160 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Seriously, where was I not civil?
There's a certain irony with you making a personally disparaging comment toward me and then telling me to act like an adult.

You're just looking to argue.

If you want to debate people, go out in a crowded spot and tell them your political affiliation.

You'll find tons of people to argue with. It'll be better than this.

Oh look, I get to use my block function for the first time! Yay.

#1161 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Agreed! Did we find out the topper question issue on the original afm?

No. Not as of yet.

I just looked at the power tap I have and there aren't any visible markings/identifiers/writing on the it. It's completely blank. Which seems odd.

I am fairly certain I have the wrong power tap. And was just hoping someone could point me in the right direction as to what specific power tap I should have so these 2 mods (topper/saucer) can function without slam tilting every now and again.

Every time theres a new post here I excitedly check in to only see more AFM/AFMr debating. Which has nothing to do with why this thread was created. But I digress.

Thanks.

#1162 3 years ago

I did... here's the synopsis.

Its not an XL display in an AFM.

First you need a ColorDMD LED version. Then you use the colordmd led controller to drive a larger LED display.

The XL displays used by CGC are LED and wont work for this purpose. But if you could find a LED display sized close you could make that work.

Two problems... One.. you got to buy a 370 dollar display to cannibalize it. Then you need an large LED display. And then you need the CGC XL speaker panel to do it cleanly...

In that video showing his Metallica.. the LED panel is just mounted over the speaker panel

150177873_4335947179752792_4235823193129104091_n (resized).jpg150177873_4335947179752792_4235823193129104091_n (resized).jpg
#1163 3 years ago

Obviously the remake fans are going to have to fight the original guys to the death.

Please put your original AFM up on the marketplace with your next of kins contact info prior to the event.

Not that I think the remake guys would win, I’m just cheering against the original guys for my own selfish reasons.

#1164 3 years ago

I’ve owned (and own) both originals and remakes and fellas, they are definitely more alike than they are different.

Remakes are a thing, they’re not new anymore and they’re not going away... may as well come to peace with it.

#1165 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I must have joined the wrong club. I thought this thread was for Bally AFM owners.

Quoted from Onwallst:

It is suppose to be the BALLY AFM owners club not Chicago Gaming AFMr owners club. CGC AFMr has it own owners club. No longer post there since I am not in the CLUB.

Really? I’m new here and only have a couple of games

I seriously never realized AFM and AFMr had to keep to separate corners of Pinside.

#1166 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I’ve owned (and own) both originals and remakes and fellas, they are definitely more alike than they are different.
Remakes are a thing, they’re not new anymore and they’re not going away... may as well come to peace with it.

Thats not the point... no one here will argue that.

We can go back and forth on "feel" etc etc etc.

What we can all agree to is... This is the "original" AFM owners club thread.

No one is going into the remake club, and going OMG THE ORINGINAL PLAYS SO MUCH BETTER.

Just looking to keep this on topic... carry on.

#1167 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Really? I’m new here and only have a couple of games

I guess that disqualifies me from having an opinion. Got it.

Someone @ me when you're all done shaking your dicks at each other.

#1168 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

Thats not the point... no one here will argue that.
We can go back and forth on "feel" etc etc etc.
What we can all agree to is... This is the "original" AFM owners club thread.
No one is going into the remake club, and going OMG THE ORINGINAL PLAYS SO MUCH BETTER.
Just looking to keep this on topic... carry on.

I’m absolutely sure it goes both ways.

But an AFM”R” is still an AFM to me. They play the same, same rules, same shots, same strategies. And nowhere does it say “Original AFM Club, WPC95 only!” so I would suggest we all just deal.

If you’re talking AFM, it’s on topic.

#1169 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I guess that disqualifies me from having an opinion. Got it.
Someone @ me when you're all done shaking your dicks at each other.

ImNotNorm that was a joke. I’m an old RGP guy, and I’ve had tons of games through my house. I think it’s absurd because, just like gunstarhero I think of them as the exact same game. I happen to own one version of AFM, and if I owned the other, I feel like I’d still own an AFM. It’s a great game no matter who built it or when it was built. And without the new ones, I don’t think I ever would have been able to buy mine. All AFM is good AFM.

#1170 3 years ago

Looks good with red paint inside

771B4EA3-2D4B-460F-B69A-37CA2088041D (resized).jpeg771B4EA3-2D4B-460F-B69A-37CA2088041D (resized).jpeg
#1171 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

thehuemanatee that was a joke. I’m an old RGP guy, and I’ve had tons of games through my house. I think it’s absurd because, just like gunstarhero I think of them as the exact same game. I happen to own one version of AFM, and if I owned the other, I feel like I’d still own an AFM. It’s a great game no matter who built it or when it was built. And without the new ones, I don’t think I ever would have been able to buy mine. All AFM is good AFM.

That's fine. Sarcasm doesn't always translate to the page.

I was under the impression this club was for original AFM owners/wishlisters and discussion. If that's not the case then I apologize and maybe a club for the original should be created?

I understand they are the same game and all AFM is good. (remake or original) But I have no interest in that discussion. If I did I would create another thread or find one of the many already created to discuss that. Maybe I'm being a stickler.

#1172 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Looks good with red paint inside[quoted image]

Wow there’s almost an optical illusion there that makes your cab look really shallow!

#1173 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

No. Not as of yet.
I just looked at the power tap I have and there aren't any visible markings/identifiers/writing on the it. It's completely blank. Which seems odd.
I am fairly certain I have the wrong power tap. And was just hoping someone could point me in the right direction as to what specific power tap I should have so these 2 mods (topper/saucer) can function without slam tilting every now and again.
Every time theres a new post here I excitedly check in to only see more AFM/AFMr debating. Which has nothing to do with why this thread was created. But I digress.
Thanks.

I'm assuming this is what I need?
Can anyone with the mods confirm this for me?

Much appreciated

https://www.pinballlife.com/power-tap-board-for-wpc-95.html

#1174 3 years ago

So, there is no mod to make an XL display work in an original afm? I didn't think so.

#1175 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I'm assuming this is what I need?
Can anyone with the mods confirm this for me?

Much appreciated

As long as that topper operates on 12vdc, yep that will work.

#1176 3 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Just Joined the club, picked up a remake se. Hoping that Mezel makes some more Eat at Eddy's buildings.

You're in the wrong thread. This thread is not for remake owners.

#1177 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

As long as that topper operates on 12vdc, yep that will work.

Excellent! Thanks for the reply!

#1178 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

Your game being dark is a choice... It's something you can change.
[quoted image]

Mine isn't dark.

IMG_20210213_210254863 (resized).jpgIMG_20210213_210254863 (resized).jpg

#1179 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Mine isn't dark, and it can be brightened up without tons of color also...
[quoted image]

I rather color. But to each their own.

Quoted from yzfguy:

So, there is no mod to make an XL display work in an original afm? I didn't think so.

No.

#1180 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

I rather color. But to each their own.

No.

Yeah, I actually removed my comment about the color after I read it. I wrote it meaning that it isn't inherently a dark game no matter how you brighten it up, but realized it came off sounding like I thought my way was better. Didn't mean that, I agree, to each his own. Your game should make you happy

#1181 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yeah, I actually removed my comment about the color after I read it. I wrote it meaning that it isn't inherently a dark game no matter how you brighten it up, but realized it came off sounding like I thought my way was better. Didn't mean that, I agree, to each his own. Your game should make you happy

No worries.

#1182 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

You're in the wrong thread. This thread is not for remake owners.

You just can't seem to stop yourself can you?
Let it go already, I see no constructive reason for you to be taking part in this thread, other than to stir up controversy.

#1183 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I have the lighted topper & saucer mod for my AFM.
Sometimes, but rarely, I would get a slam tilt during gameplay. Figured the slam tilt switch was the culprit so I put some painters tape on the switch to see if that was the case. I would still get a slam tilt.
So I unplugged the topper. Looked like the problem was fixed and everything fine but got another slam tilt.
So I plugged the topper back in & unplugged the saucer mod. Same thing as before....problem seemed to be fixed but eventually got another slam tilt.
I then decided to unplug both the topper and saucer mod and haven't gotten one slam tilt since. (about 2 months now with no slam tilt)
I believe the power tap for those 2 additional mods is the culprit.
I'm just wondering if someone who has these mods can chime in and maybe tell me where they got their power tap? I could compare it to the one I have installed .
It would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Hey ImNotNorm sorry to reply so late, seen this request just now.

That topper is one of 75 made, so people to chime in are limited

I have this topper, but what do you mean with saucer mod? Bill Ung's small saucer lighting mod or Gozmod?

You need pictures of how things are connected?

#1184 3 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Hey TheHueManatee sorry to reply so late, seen this request just now.
That topper is one of 75 made, so people to chime in are limited
I have this topper, but what do you mean with saucer mod? Bill Ung's small saucer lighting mod or Gozmod?
You need pictures of how things are connected?

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the mod for the saucers is the Bill Ung saucer mod. I should of been more specific.

So I'm using the laserific topper mod + the Bill Ung saucer mod. Like I said above, I believe the power tap I have is incorrect and it just appears to be a generic power tap. I believe that's why I'm getting random slam tilts.

I don't really need pictures of the connection. Just confirmation on where to buy the proper power tap. And maybe a picture of your power tap?

Much appreciated!

#1185 3 years ago

You can make it pretty darn bright! On a side note, I have asked myself several times if I could only keep one machine what would it be. It would be tough but AFM would be it. There is just something about it.

20210214_111928 (resized).jpg20210214_111928 (resized).jpg
#1186 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I don't really need pictures of the connection. Just confirmation on where to buy the proper power tap. And maybe a picture of your power tap?

I don't have an additional power-tap.
Per the instructions of both mods they are connected, via splice and Z-connector, onto the powerboard.
Hope the following pics will help

IMG_1846 (resized).jpgIMG_1846 (resized).jpgIMG_1847 (resized).jpgIMG_1847 (resized).jpgIMG_1848 (resized).jpgIMG_1848 (resized).jpgIMG_1849 (resized).jpgIMG_1849 (resized).jpgIMG_1850 (resized).jpgIMG_1850 (resized).jpg
#1187 3 years ago

I just had a similar problem on my unmodded AFM. Whenever the second “A” got hit I would occasionally get a slam tilt. Then it got to 100% of the time. On the switch test, both slam tilt and “A” would show up. I thought I had a short - confirmed none. So, I soldered in a new green switch at the “A” and no more slam tilt! Played a bunch of games and it is gone. I think that the switch was generating some kind of noise that created a glitch in the microprocessor. I suggest going into switch test mode and bang on all the other targets. Might have nothing to do with the mods.
-Gregg

blockquote cite="#6128605">I have the lighted topper & saucer mod for my AFM.
Sometimes, but rarely, I would get a slam tilt during gameplay. Figured the slam tilt switch was the culprit so I put some painters tape on the switch to see if that was the case. I would still get a slam tilt.
So I unplugged the topper. Looked like the problem was fixed and everything fine but got another slam tilt.
So I plugged the topper back in & unplugged the saucer mod. Same thing as before....problem seemed to be fixed but eventually got another slam tilt.
I then decided to unplug both the topper and saucer mod and haven't gotten one slam tilt since. (about 2 months now with no slam tilt)
I believe the power tap for those 2 additional mods is the culprit.
I'm just wondering if someone who has these mods can chime in and maybe tell me where they got their power tap? I could compare it to the one I have installed .
It would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

#1188 3 years ago

Great looking AFM. How did you do the red on the front of the backbox? I just ordered red T molding and was planning to put that on.
-gb

Quoted from Willys45:

You can make it pretty darn bright! On a side note, I have asked myself several times if I could only keep one machine what would it be. It would be tough but AFM would be it. There is just something about it.
[quoted image]

#1189 3 years ago

I own an AFM that has a decent playfield with light leaking around the inserts, and Ive been thinking of selling and then getting an AFMR. I have an MBRLE and I absolutely love it. This post and several others comparing the AFM and AFMR helped me decide to keep my AFM and get a new playfield or have mine restored. So I very much think a discussion comparing the two belongs on this forum.
FWIW-gb

blockquote cite="#6132741">I have owned both. Sold my original. I then bought the LE at launch. Played and was not right. ImThen had a lot of issues with the remake. Adjusted remake constantly. Played a lot on remake at distributor and expo to see if my remake played the same. Buddy’s remakes played the same. Once confirmed I bought an original. Played both and sold the remake. Nothing to convince. Anyone who played both easily could decide. The display is bigger not better. The color dmd is good that is made for the original. Has different modes including hires. I even bought another original AFM when it came up for sale. Yes speaker upgrade is a must on the originals.

#1190 3 years ago

Interested in purchasing one of these toppers secondhand. If anyone has one for sale, shoot me a PM. Thanks

9873511C-DEDD-45AD-A96A-B5FE854EAFC1 (resized).png9873511C-DEDD-45AD-A96A-B5FE854EAFC1 (resized).png
#1191 3 years ago

Newb player question,
Is there any way other than the stroke of luck to get video mode?

I'm going to be honest, i never really wanted to own attack from mars, considering i never truly played it.
But within months of owning it (i tend to be willing to own anything that has some financial room on the back end), i'd say it's the most played pin at my house, ever. I also find myself playing another game after i say i'm done at the moment, then another and another. Usually getting worse each time, lol.

#1192 3 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

s there any way other than the stroke of luck to get video mode

Video Mode, Strobe Multi ball and Sneak Attack are only awarded at the SOL. But there is an order so keep completing the inlane lights and you’ll get it on decent games While sort of random by the time you get to 4-5 SOL awards video and strobe show up at some point. I used to know the order but don’t remember.

I know attack wave and Martian multi-ball are ahead of video

#1193 3 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Newb player question,
Is there any way other than the stroke of luck to get video mode?
I'm going to be honest, i never really wanted to own attack from mars, considering i never truly played it.
But within months of owning it (i tend to be willing to own anything that has some financial room on the back end), i'd say it's the most played pin at my house, ever. I also find myself playing another game after i say i'm done at the moment, then another and another. Usually getting worse each time, lol.

Video Mode is only in stroke of luck. After you light super jets, video mode will be the next SOL award.

#1194 3 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Interested in purchasing one of these toppers secondhand. If anyone has one for sale, shoot me a PM. Thanks

I think the blue saucer-lights are custom, the rest of them have red saucer lights .

IMG_1388 (resized).JPGIMG_1388 (resized).JPG
#1195 3 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

I think the blue saucer-lights are custom, the rest of them have red saucer lights .[quoted image]

Who sells these

#1196 3 years ago

I think Laseriffic used to sell them, but Rick probably shut it down over copyright infringement. If anyone wants to part with theirs, PM me.

#1197 3 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

I don't have an additional power-tap.
Per the instructions of both mods they are connected, via splice and Z-connector, onto the powerboard.
Hope the following pics will help[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you Thor! Very much appreciated.

#1198 3 years ago
Quoted from gb:

Great looking AFM. How did you do the red on the front of the backbox? I just ordered red T molding and was planning to put that on.
-gb

It was restored when I bought it about 10 years ago. Its just paint but pretty thick from what I can tell.

#1199 3 years ago

Anyone buy this Martian mothership saucer mod from Germany? Looks pretty awesome.

https://www.wolfsoft.de/shop/product_info.php/products_id/15246/product/big-saucer-martian-mod

#1200 3 years ago

yes, installed the cool mothership martian mod from wolfsoft. a great and unique
mod. Added also an alternative „eat at eddys deluxe“ version on my AFM

cheers
Chris

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 21.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,232 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-afm-martians-welcome/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.