• 2,247 posts
  • 309 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by slizzap
  • Topic is favorited by 180 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_imageSection	Item	Description	Factory Setting	Value A.1 Standard Adjustments	34	Allow Chase Ball	YES	YES (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5570 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5563 (resized).jpeg
DSC00938 (resized).JPG
IMG_0563 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0566 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 45.
#751 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

In my opinion:
Colordmd on AFM is my first and favorite. I have added it to many other games, but afm just looks terrific.
The ung mod is also awesome and adds a really cool effect.

ColorDMD are just great and very easy to install.
I found the Bill Ung saucer mod to be laborious and fiddly. It also had a few weak points in the design (that little chip leg solder joint in the backbox) but otherwise a great effect once done.

#752 4 years ago

I Ruled the Universe for the first time last night. Finally!

#753 4 years ago

It’s one of the best wizard modes to beat. Very difficult, but not impossible.

#754 4 years ago

Big favor... Would anyone be able to measure their attack from mars strobe board? I need to know mounting hole to mounting hole horizontal as well as vertical and edge to edge horizontal and vertical... I posted a separate thread as well but wanted to post in here in hopes that someone will see!

Thanks in advance!

measure (resized).jpgmeasure (resized).jpg
#755 4 years ago
Quoted from silen7ce:

Big favor... Would anyone be able to measure their attack from mars strobe board? I need to know mounting hole to mounting hole horizontal as well as vertical and edge to edge horizontal and vertical... I posted a separate thread as well but wanted to post in here in hopes that someone will see!
Thanks in advance![quoted image]

Maybe a dumb question, but are you talking about the strobe driver board or the actual board with the xenon lamp on it?

#756 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Maybe a dumb question, but are you talking about the strobe driver board or the actual board with the xenon lamp on it?

The actual driver board that sits behind the back panel is what I'm looking for.

#757 4 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

ColorDMD are just great and very easy to install.
I found the Bill Ung saucer mod to be laborious and fiddly. It also had a few weak points in the design (that little chip leg solder joint in the backbox) but otherwise a great effect once done.

You weren’t kidding. I broke a solder joint 20 minutes into trying to seat the first ring of LEDs. This will take awhile...

#758 4 years ago
Quoted from silen7ce:

The actual driver board that sits behind the back panel is what I'm looking for.

Replying here for the archive purposes too.

A = 15 cm
B = 8,6 cm
C= 13,7 cm
D= 7,4 cm

hole diameter=0,35cm

#759 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

I broke a solder joint 20 minutes into trying to seat the first ring of LEDs. This will take awhile...

But so worth it! the ufopinball.com mod is definitely must-have. Can't wait to complete the expansion kit install!

ufos.gifufos.gif
#760 4 years ago
Quoted from rygar:

Replying here for the archive purposes too.
A = 15 cm
B = 8,6 cm
C= 13,7 cm
D= 7,4 cm
hole diameter=0,35cm

Thanks!!!

#761 4 years ago
Quoted from QuietEarp:

I Ruled the Universe for the first time last night. Finally!

Me too! I was today years old when I saw this mode for the first time. I had never read about it, never seen a video. And my wife was available to capture the moment

Last night my DMD got ghosty and then failed altogether. I swapped in a ColorDMD from another game and finished the Bill Ung expansion mod just in time!

#762 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

Me too! I was today years old when I saw this mode for the first time. I had never read about it, never seen a video. And my wife was available to capture the moment
Last night my DMD got ghosty and then failed altogether. I swapped in a ColorDMD from another game and finished the Bill Ung expansion mod just in time!

Congrats on RTU and nice looking machine too!!! So what was your final score?

#763 4 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Congrats on RTU and nice looking machine too!!! So what was your final score?

Thanks 34.2B. Three ball game, two extra balls if I recall

#764 4 years ago

For those in the club that stream, there is an AFM invitational tournament tomorrow night presented by Deadflip. For fun, head to head.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScx_t_1NrTQGTgG1ffIcHWENRy_leEOVsrHOTvwrYXZj9T2aw/viewform

#765 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

For those in the club that stream, there is an AFM invitational tournament tomorrow night presented by Deadflip. For fun, head to head.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScx_t_1NrTQGTgG1ffIcHWENRy_leEOVsrHOTvwrYXZj9T2aw/viewform

i’m in!

#766 4 years ago

I’m going to try! I borrowed Mikes streaming gear, but have never streamed before.

#767 4 years ago

I never have either. I'm trying to get up to speed. I learned from this video that it can apparently all be done with free software.

What I've learned so far:

OBS takes signals from cameras on smartphones and streams out a program
NDI provides an app for your smartphone(s)
NDI provides an OBS driver you need to install to get those wifi cameras into OBS

#768 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I’m going to try! I borrowed Mikes streaming gear, but have never streamed before.

if you need help shoot me a text

#769 4 years ago
Quoted from MJR8peanut:

if you need help shoot me a text

Email me your cell please.

#770 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Email me your cell please.

done

#771 3 years ago

Does anyone have a recommendation on what the best course of action is for a broken primary saucer mounting plate for the "shaker" coil to strike against?

I see the replacement part the plate is available as well as Pinbits having offered (but now out of stock) a repair plate that mounts over the original.

The repair plate idea intrigues me since the original plate is prone to breaking.

#772 3 years ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

Does anyone have a recommendation on what the best course of action is for a broken primary saucer mounting plate for the "shaker" coil to strike against?

+1 as the AFM I picked up recently is missing one entirely :/

Looks like one of those missiles struck true on the back side of the mothership

#773 3 years ago

I see the replacement part the plate is available as well as Pinbits having offered (but now out of stock) a repair plate that mounts over the original.
The repair plate idea intrigues me since the original plate is prone to breaking.

Planetary pinball has a ton of AFM parts now that the remake is out. Most metal pieces are identical. Check there.

#774 3 years ago

Quoted from pintechev:

Planetary pinball has a ton of AFM parts now that the remake is out. Most metal pieces are identical. Check there.

Yep here it is http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-04-103191

#775 3 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

You weren’t kidding. I broke a solder joint 20 minutes into trying to seat the first ring of LEDs. This will take awhile...

Hell yeah... but SO worth it, as you say! The MyPinballs saucer mod for Revenge from Mars is SO much better in terms of build/design.

Do you have the LED OCD board for AFM? If not, get one. That's a true unplug and replug then play mod. Restores the original incandescent light show.

GOZMOD is also great.

#776 3 years ago

Are the back box lights on a door or are they tub style

#777 3 years ago

Tub

#778 3 years ago

+1 for Gozmod. Makes the saucer lights much better.

#779 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Do you have the LED OCD board for AFM? If not, get one. That's a true unplug and replug then play mod. Restores the original incandescent light show.
GOZMOD is also great.

I have one in my Funhouse but I had no idea it was a must for AFM. Are you saying some of the lamps go through brightness ramps during light shows? I didn’t know!

#780 3 years ago

Tonight (4/30) around 8pm est., Chad and Marianne of First State Flippers, will be attempting their first ever stream. We will be streaming an Original Attack From Mars setup in Tournament mode with a semi-tight tilt. Will one of us get a chance to Rule The Universe???

We will be streaming this on Delaware Pinball’s Twitch channel. Link is below. Hope to see some familiar faces tune in!!

https://m.twitch.tv/delawarepinball

#781 3 years ago

Joined the club yesterday couple of issues still to clear , so a little help please.
1) getting error "check F2 right flipper?
2) game has one of the 75 toppers made , cannot figure out where the power tap connects to the board?
Thanks in advance for any help
Regards
Rob

IMG_20200430_1905534 (resized).jpgIMG_20200430_1905534 (resized).jpgIMG_20200501_1352149 (resized).jpgIMG_20200501_1352149 (resized).jpgIMG_20200501_1523294 (resized).jpgIMG_20200501_1523294 (resized).jpgIMG_20200501_1523200 (resized).jpgIMG_20200501_1523200 (resized).jpgIMG_20200501_1523162 (resized).jpgIMG_20200501_1523162 (resized).jpgIMG_20200501_1523435 (resized).jpgIMG_20200501_1523435 (resized).jpgIMG_20200501_1148152 (resized).jpgIMG_20200501_1148152 (resized).jpgIMG_20200430_191337_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20200430_191337_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20200430_1905534 (resized).jpgIMG_20200430_1905534 (resized).jpg
#782 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

One of the two optos on the right flipper button opto board isn't being recognized or working.

Easy to check. Tests - Switch Edge - push flipper button in slow and first lower flipper opto should register than the other opto. Or pass something between them one at a time to see which has the issue. Could be bad, could just need cleaning.

LTG : )

#783 3 years ago

Thanks LTG during switch test recognises upper right flipper (not used) but bypasses the lower

#784 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Thanks LTG during switch test recognises upper right flipper (not used) but bypasses the lower

If the flipper works, then I had the order of things mixed up. Sorry.

The opto not working is for lane changes, entering initials, etc.

#785 3 years ago

Nice looking pin love the apron, is it also chromed out.

#786 3 years ago

Wasn't my cup of tea, make an offer! Put the original on!
It has chrome coin door rails and hinges, and I generally like the stock black door

IMG_20200501_185545_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20200501_185545_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20200501_182540_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20200501_182540_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20200501_191249_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20200501_191249_01 (resized).jpg
#787 3 years ago

Help please...
My game came with the limited edition topper, and the adapter that goes with it .
Can anybody tell me what plug this taps power from
Thanks in advance

15884634674704130856453605289259 (resized).jpg15884634674704130856453605289259 (resized).jpg15884634961151821354277334684754 (resized).jpg15884634961151821354277334684754 (resized).jpg
#788 3 years ago

Just curious, what's everyone's best score with three balls only, no extra balls?

There is a massive selfie league going on and I put up 14B. Then someone beat it. But then someone doubled it! 28B on a 3 ball game? Really?

I could see it if you made it to Rule the Universe, which I've done plenty of times, but I've never been able to do it on a 3 ball game.

My best on a 3 ball game is 18B and best with all EB's available is 63B.

#789 3 years ago

I don’t even try for those scores on selfie league my game as it has lightning flippers and two Totan Fat rubbers on the left ramp, to make left orbit, left ramp and middle ramp much harder to make. As well a very small ball hop on right flipper to make sure the middle ramp isn’t too repeatable and very sensitive slings, wide open outlanes, max steepness and shallow flipper alignment. I can for sure see the score on a stock AFM with three ball as the game is quite easy without major adjustments, with my setup my best is 12B and I never need ruled the universe on it lol...

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Just curious, what's everyone's best score with three balls only, no extra balls?
There is a massive selfie league going on and I put up 14B. Then someone beat it. But then someone doubled it! 28B on a 3 ball game? Really?
I could see it if you made it to Rule the Universe, which I've done plenty of times, but I've never been able to do it on a 3 ball game.

#790 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I’m heavily invested into the competitive pinball world. All my games are setup in tournament mode, EB’s off, rubbers off, and semi-tight tilts. My best is 32B.

#791 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

I don’t even try for those scores on selfie league my game as it has lightning flippers and two Totan Fat rubbers on the left ramp, to make left orbit, left ramp and middle ramp much harder to make. As well a very small ball hop on right flipper to make sure the middle ramp isn’t too repeatable and very sensitive slings, wide open outlanes, max steepness and shallow flipper alignment. I can for sure see the score on a stock AFM with three ball as the game is quite easy without major adjustments, with my setup my best is 12B and I never need ruled the universe on it lol...

Maybe it's because my outlanes are wide open and tilt is fairly tight.

#792 3 years ago

Congrats!!! Welcome to the Club, looks like a lot of bling!!! I made mine into a Black Version so instead of chrome it is Black with flakes to get it a bit of a space look. Such a great game.

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Joined the club yesterday couple of issues still to clear , so a little help please.
2) game has one of the 75 toppers made , cannot figure out where the power tap connects to the board?
Thanks in advance for any help
Regards
Rob [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#793 3 years ago

Ya to get those scores you need to put it back to stock settings for sure. Looser tilt and less sling action. I don’t play any of the moderns in that league because mine are all modified for competition. Even some of my solid states like F-14 have Lightening flippers so it isn’t a fair playing field but it doesn’t matter. I don’t worry about scores it is just something for fun until I can get back and start playing circuit events again.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Maybe it's because my outlanes are wide open and tilt is fairly tight.

#794 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Congrats!!! Welcome to the Club, looks like a lot of bling!!! I made mine into a Black Version so instead of chrome it is Black with flakes to get it a bit of a space look. Such a great game.

Thanks D...
Fixing the issues and toning down the bling ....
Fun game, with all the games I have owned , first for me ...

#795 3 years ago

Very impressive!!!

Quoted from djreddog:

I’m heavily invested into the competitive pinball world. All my games are setup in tournament mode, EB’s off, rubbers off, and semi-tight tilts. My best is 32B.

#796 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Help please...
My game came with the limited edition topper, and the adapter that goes with it .
Thanks in advance

Best probably try and contact the make of the topper to see if they can help.

#797 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Help please...
Thanks in advance

Try contacting :

https://laseriffic.com/pages/contact-us

#798 3 years ago

Perseverance! After years of owning, I finally got to RTU on a 3 ball game, and did it on ball 2. Game is set up tough!

3 ball game! (resized).jpg3 ball game! (resized).jpg
#799 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Perseverance! After years of owning, I finally got to RTU on a 3 ball game, and did it on ball 2. Game is set up tough!
[quoted image]

Yep it's a nice feeling to RTU, then you just need to hit victory laps. If you can setup for some multiballs just prior to starting RTU, then when you complete RTU, start the multiballs while victory awards is lit.... That's where the score is

#800 3 years ago

Looking for a set of custom apron cards ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.50
Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-afm-martians-welcome/page/16?hl=monkeyboypaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.