• 2,246 posts
  • 309 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by slizzap
  • Topic is favorited by 180 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_imageSection	Item	Description	Factory Setting	Value A.1 Standard Adjustments	34	Allow Chase Ball	YES	YES (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1497 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5549 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5570 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5563 (resized).jpeg
DSC00938 (resized).JPG
IMG_0563 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0562 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0565 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0566 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,246 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 45.
#651 4 years ago

The mods that I make and sell are detailed below. If you are interested in purchasing anything, then please PM me with details. FYI, all pricing includes US shipping

1) AFM keychain | https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/149#post-5234141
- I sell them for $12 for the first keychain plus $5 each for the next 5 if ordering multiples (I will make for any pin)
keychain.jpgkeychain.jpg

2) Target decals | https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/155#post-5292850
- Full set of 6 decals | $20 (or individually price below)
- 3 Bank target decals | $12
- Target bank top decal | $6
- Drop target decal | $5
targets.jpgtargets.jpg

3) 3D printed VUK covers (2 versions). Both include the building, let sign, two fire bulbs, and all wiring necessary to install.
- Marble white with damage version | $120 - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/154#post-5281049
white.gifwhite.gif
- Black version | $120 - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/157#post-5318192
black.gifblack.gif

#652 4 years ago

They’re really nice Mr Tantrum!

#653 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

They’re really nice Mr Tantrum!

Thanks. I originally wanted an AFM (my dream pin), but discovered they were nearly the same price (sometimes more) than an AFMr LE. When the opportunity came up just a few hours away a few months ago I decided to jump on it. I really love the game: fun to play, love the graphics and sounds, and the theme is unbeatable.

#654 4 years ago

I finally started Rule the Universe! All I needed was the 5 way combo, and I nailed it on the ramps. My best game on it, but unfortunately, I failed to actually rule. I still just love this game.

#655 4 years ago

I was in the club a few year ago last year I did a full restore inside and out she's all done now ,plays very fast great game

#656 4 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Maybe the drop target assembly comes down and causes the wiring for the other switches to make contact. Lift your playfield and manually drop the assembly to see if any loose wires are getting caught up during that process.

the diodes in the dropdown targets (3) where almost hitting each other (bad repair job) so whenever the center target was down it would sometimes register ball locks or hit the ufo. all fixed now

Here are some pic's attached playfield is a little rough near the scroop and center target but she plays fine don't think i can ever restore the damage on that without swapping the whole PF

After the winter i am going to add radcals and replace most targets with fresh ones

735912 (resized).jpg735912 (resized).jpg737352 (resized).jpg737352 (resized).jpg740972 (resized).jpg740972 (resized).jpg

735566 (resized).jpg735566 (resized).jpg
#657 4 years ago

You should get some Cliffy protectors to cover the damage.

#658 4 years ago

And new cabinet decals

#659 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

And new cabinet decals

Or is this the black and white version?

#660 4 years ago

And a Pinshaker!!

#661 4 years ago

Thanks for all the love

Decals will be done this summer i am placing radcals because the machine is two floors up and my skills are no no about removing the playfield and backbox for movement downstairs to sand and such.

I am a real noob on pinballs but so far i replaced the cabinet speaker, all the bulbs for leds , broken plastics and installed the Gozmod.
The speakers are humming during game boot you can't hear it while playing , i think it's the AV board so i am going to replace it for a pinsound board and send this one of for repair.

My own next project will be to replace targets for new ones (my solder skills are so so ) so it's a good learning school

Quoted from hlaj78:

You should get some Cliffy protectors to cover the damage.

According to a guy who helped repair some issues with the PIN he said the protectors are installed the repairs after that where done very bad the machine has been in service for 25 years only in arcades and pubs .. (i bought for a really cheap price)

#662 4 years ago

You may have protectors, but not cliffys.

#663 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

The mods that I make and sell are detailed below. If you are interested in purchasing anything, then please PM me with details. FYI, all pricing includes US shipping
1) AFM keychain | https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/149#post-5234141
- I sell them for $12 for the first keychain plus $5 each for the next 5 if ordering multiples (I will make for any pin)
[quoted image]
2) Target decals | https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/155#post-5292850
- Full set of 6 decals | $20 (or individually price below)
- 3 Bank target decals | $12
- Target bank top decal | $6
- Drop target decal | $5
[quoted image]
3) 3D printed VUK covers (2 versions). Both include the building, let sign, two fire bulbs, and all wiring necessary to install.
- Marble white with damage version | $120 - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/154#post-5281049
[quoted image]
- Black version | $120 - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/157#post-5318192
[quoted image]

I Finally joined the club - New PF, plastics, protectors, and cliffy installed - came with new licensed cabinet decals as well!
800 mile round trip but worth it!

I will be buying some of the above, great work! I also want color DMD
IMG_9570 (resized).JPGIMG_9570 (resized).JPGIMG_9571 (resized).JPGIMG_9571 (resized).JPGIMG_9573 (resized).JPGIMG_9573 (resized).JPGIMG_9572 (resized).JPGIMG_9572 (resized).JPGIMG_9569 (resized).JPGIMG_9569 (resized).JPGIMG_9568 (resized).JPGIMG_9568 (resized).JPGIMG_9567 (resized).JPGIMG_9567 (resized).JPGIMG_9566 (resized).JPGIMG_9566 (resized).JPG

#664 4 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

I also want color DMD

Yes you do

This is one of the games where it should be required (IMHO).

#665 4 years ago

Just did a full restore on my AFM

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#666 4 years ago

I Finally joined the club - New PF, plastics, protectors, and cliffy installed - came with new licensed cabinet decals as well!
800 mile round trip but worth it!
I will be buying some of the above, great work! I also want color DMD
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats to you!

#667 4 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Just did a full restore on my AFM[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Need some higher quality photos to show that beauty off to the world.

#668 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Need some higher quality photos to show that beauty off to the world.

I know just have my really old iPad lol sorry about that

#669 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Yes you do
This is one of the games where it should be required (IMHO).

Which color DMD do you you all suggest, and go.... LED or LCD and from ColorDMD ?

#670 4 years ago

Mine is LED, couldn't be happier!

#671 4 years ago

I had lcd and changed it to led much prefer it but its all personal taste.

#672 4 years ago

Which color DMD do you you all suggest, and go.... LED or LCD and from ColorDMD ?

LCD, without question. I see others already replied LED, but they are wrong

Of course it’s personal preference, but the LED always looks out of focus to my eyes. It’s because the different colors in them are at slightly different points, and I notice it. So it is almost like looking at the end of a bunch of needles stabbing me in the eye.

The LCD on the other hand looks good and smooth. I have them in a bunch of games, and they have been reliable and look great. The only thing I don’t like is how far back they are on some modern Sterns with the metal head. But other than that, love them.

#673 4 years ago

I prefer the Led version on all bally/williams and Lcd on Sterns.

#674 4 years ago

Here’s a couple pics of my completely restored original Afm.
43D44DD5-85F9-4841-AFCD-BAF69E9BFD09 (resized).jpeg43D44DD5-85F9-4841-AFCD-BAF69E9BFD09 (resized).jpegCFFBDD42-FFD2-4BA1-B252-1E50D2D526A5 (resized).jpegCFFBDD42-FFD2-4BA1-B252-1E50D2D526A5 (resized).jpeg

8AF27B15-93A4-4C4F-ACB7-6B4799C4F6B9 (resized).jpeg8AF27B15-93A4-4C4F-ACB7-6B4799C4F6B9 (resized).jpeg611B617A-ED33-4C74-B3AA-C178BFB3CE76 (resized).jpeg611B617A-ED33-4C74-B3AA-C178BFB3CE76 (resized).jpeg
#675 4 years ago

A little video:

Quoted from hlaj78:

You may have protectors, but not cliffys.

Any idea on how to remove the old ones and install cliffys? there is black goo or a filler i guess covering up where the protectors should be.
Also if anyone has a spare backbox insert panel PM me , mine is broken in some places so all leds are glueded in there

The questions keep on coming if i order the 3 bank target ass. and the motor bank ass. is this just plug and play? it seems al diodes are there if i look at the pictures from planetarypinball ... i feel such a noob

#676 4 years ago

i was wondering if anyone who owns this game could get me a sound clip of the
"return to battle soldier!" call out

an mp3 would be fantastic but if its a video I can turn it into an mp3

please let me know, thanks!!!!

#677 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

i was wondering if anyone who owns this game could get me a sound clip of the
"return to battle soldier!" call out
an mp3 would be fantastic but if its a video I can turn it into an mp3
please let me know, thanks!!!!

You can download the entire AFM soundtrack for free from here: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/58-attack_from_mars_ost_mars_attacks_by_pinheadzip

You can use fre:ac to convert the ogg files to wav files quickly and easily: https://www.freac.org

Here is a transcript of all the callouts: http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/afmquotes.html

#678 4 years ago

You may not need to remove the old mantis protector before installing the cliffy. Send a question to cliffy. Also, there is a complete set of cliffy protectors for this game that you should look into.

#679 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You can download the entire AFM soundtrack for free from here: http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/58-attack_from_mars_ost_mars_attacks_by_pinheadzip
You can use fre:ac to convert the ogg files to wav files quickly and easily: https://www.freac.org
Here is a transcript of all the callouts: http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/afmquotes.html

thanks for the info!

#680 4 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

You may not need to remove the old mantis protector before installing the cliffy. Send a question to cliffy. Also, there is a complete set of cliffy protectors for this game that you should look into.

Thanks will do! Can anyone tell me if the parts from an afmr can be used in the original? Like the 3 target assembly ?

#681 4 years ago
Quoted from NjayNL:

Thanks will do! Can anyone tell me if the parts from an afmr can be used in the original? Like the 3 target assembly ?

You can but the targets themselves don’t have the diode provisions so you need to modify those or use originals.

#682 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

You can but the targets themselves don’t have the diode provisions so you need to modify those or use originals.

i want to plug and play basicly and finding an original is not so easy do i just solder the diodes to the target switches like the orignal or does it need further modification?

#683 4 years ago
Quoted from NjayNL:

i want to plug and play basicly and finding an original is not so easy do i just solder the diodes to the target switches like the orignal or does it need further modification?

It needs further modification as there is no lug for the one tab of each target. You can drill out the rivet on the original and put it in the stack of the new one. It’s not a big deal but a PITA.

#684 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

It needs further modification as there is no lug for the one tab of each target. You can drill out the rivet on the original and put it in the stack of the new one. It’s not a big deal but a PITA.

Thanks for your help, maybe some website carries a new original one.
Is this also the same for the sol scoop?

1 week later
#685 4 years ago

No longer own this sailboat, but I still have the pinball machine...

e27natls03 001 (resized).jpge27natls03 001 (resized).jpge27natls038x10 (resized).jpge27natls038x10 (resized).jpg
#686 4 years ago

Has anyone ever had something in the shield 3-bank wear out so it was down but thought it was up or the other way around? Every now and then mine does that. There is a cam that touches the up/down switch but I’m wondering if there is some way for that to wear and not work perfectly, but maybe 90%+ of the time.

#687 4 years ago

So after upgrading my 4 Martians to Mick's Big-O Jiggly ones (https://www.mickspinball.com/big-o-jiggly-martian-add-on), I wondered what I was going to do with the originals (and the extra jiggly one I have). Up until now I just had them hidden in the coin box inside the cabinet. However, I wanted a way to display them so I came up with a 3D printed stand. The stand works perfectly with the originals and Mick's, allows the Martian to be suspended in the air, and lets you easily display the green creatures. So, if you have extra Martians laying around you want to display, then consider purchasing some of my stands.

I designed two different versions: one where the Martian is completely upright and the other where it leans forward.

Photos show stand printed in "clear", but I have nearly 20 different colors to choose from. Price is $10 for 1 stand (includes US shipping) and $5 more for each additional stand (e.g. $15 for 2, $20, for 3, $25 for 4). Please PM me if interested in purchasing.
IMG_3349 (resized).JPGIMG_3349 (resized).JPGIMG_3346 (resized).JPGIMG_3346 (resized).JPGIMG_3348 (resized).JPGIMG_3348 (resized).JPGIMG_3347 (resized).JPGIMG_3347 (resized).JPG

IMG_3352 (resized).JPGIMG_3352 (resized).JPGIMG_3351 (resized).JPGIMG_3351 (resized).JPGIMG_3350 (resized).JPGIMG_3350 (resized).JPG
#688 4 years ago

Have a new never installed “Eat At Eddy’s” building mod for sale. Bought it but changed my mind about installing it. $110 shipped in the US, save over $20 from Mezel or Cointaker. Can be used on the remake or the original from my understanding.

70B301D1-6D31-49B1-93D2-EB689A392085 (resized).jpeg70B301D1-6D31-49B1-93D2-EB689A392085 (resized).jpeg
#689 4 years ago

My switch on my launch button needs to be replaced. I've checked the manual and I can't seem to find the part number that I need. Does anyone know this off hand?

#690 4 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

My switch on my launch button needs to be replaced. I've checked the manual and I can't seem to find the part number that I need. Does anyone know this off hand?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/180-5061-00

LTG : )

#691 4 years ago

Installed the Eddy Building mod from mr. tantrum from the pinside forums highly recommend!

*if anyone has a spare bacbox insert tub around let me know*

#692 4 years ago
Quoted from NjayNL:

Installed the Eddy Building mod from mr. tantrum from the pinside forums highly recommend!

*if anyone has a spare bacbox insert tub around let me know*

I have just ordered mine today, can't wait to get it and install it on my AFM.

#693 4 years ago
Quoted from ParisPinballAdct:

Great ! you are going to enjoy it also a good time to install those decals for your targets

#694 4 years ago
Quoted from ParisPinballAdct:

You must have ordered the Mezelmods version, not mine.

#695 4 years ago

Guys question my center 3 target bank is only going down 90 % i already tried adjusting it with the screws under the playfield but no luck , any ideas? is the plastic worn out where the motor pulls the bank down? or does it just to early and can you adjust that somehow?

#696 4 years ago

Anyone need cabinet decals? I have an extra matte finish set laying around doing nothing. PM me...

#697 4 years ago
Quoted from NjayNL:

ny ideas? is the plastic worn out where the motor pulls the bank down?

Make sure it's clean. Switches on it may need adjusting. Or what triggers them is worn.

#698 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Make sure it's clean. Switches on it may need adjusting. Or what triggers them is worn.

I am noob but want to learn can you point me a little in the good direction? which switches and what so in clean? removing the assembly seems not to hard

#699 4 years ago
Quoted from NjayNL:

I am noob but want to learn can you point me a little in the good direction? which switches and what so in clean? removing the assembly seems not to hard

There is a motor. A cam is turned by the motor which fits in a oblong slot on the target bank. Be sure these plastic moving parts are clean and not worn. There are two micro mini switches, one high, one low, on the cam. Each one has a roller on it's arm. Only two switches like it on there. Not counting the stand up target leaf blade switches.

In test, run it up and down to see if it's binding on anything. Playfield, wires, etc.

#700 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There is a motor. A cam is turned by the motor which fits in a oblong slot on the target bank. Be sure these plastic moving parts are clean and not worn. There are two micro mini switches, one high, one low, on the cam. Each one has a roller on it's arm. Only two switches like it on there. Not counting the stand up target leaf blade switches.
In test, run it up and down to see if it's binding on anything. Playfield, wires, etc.

Thank you for the tips! in advance is there any place around that sells a new motor assembly and 3 target bank assembly?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Santa Clara, CA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 21.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
There are 2,246 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 45.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-afm-martians-welcome/page/14?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.