IMG_3378 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3172 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4852 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4851 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4850 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4848 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 44.
#451 5 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

Thanks. Tried it, but alas, no difference. I appreciate the advice. Guess I’ll have to rely on skill - oh no...

One more thing you could try. Do a Factory Reset. You will lose you high scores but I've seen weird issues on B/W games fixed by doing this.

#452 5 years ago

Thanks. I'm going to give it a shot when I get home.

#453 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

One more thing you could try. Do a Factory Reset. You will lose you high scores but I've seen weird issues on B/W games fixed by doing this.

Seems to have worked. Perhaps something was set in a way that conflicted with the function and the re-boot took care of it.

Thanks!

#454 5 years ago

H folks,
Joining the club as the new proud owner of an original AFM.
It is completely serviced, full led, new saucers, side blade mirrors, new cabinet decals etc. Looks great!

Quick question: is it possible, inside the settings, to change “Replay” when you reach 4,000,000,000 to an Extraball instead?
Obviously in HUO we don’t care about earning a free game, so is it possible instead to trade this « replay » for an extraball in the current game?

Thank you in advance for your replies
Paris Pinball Addict (follow my pinball life on Instagram)

#455 5 years ago
Quoted from ParisPinballAdct:

Quick question: is it possible, inside the settings, to change “Replay” when you reach 4,000,000,000 to an Extraball instead?

A1. 14 Replay Award in Standard Adjustments set to Ball

LTG : )

#456 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A1. 14 Replay Award in Standard Adjustments set to Ball

ace! Thanks a lot

1 week later
#457 5 years ago

My right pop coil (Stroke of Luck) is firing randomly. The coil test for the right pop and the switch test for the right pop opt are good. Any suggestions on what could be causing the coil to randomly fire?

#458 5 years ago
Quoted from gvac:

Any suggestions on what could be causing the coil to randomly fire?

Dirty opto, flaky opto.

#459 5 years ago

I changed out the opto and the right pop coil seems like it's behaving. Thanks LTG.

#460 5 years ago

What's the story on "Dirty Pool"? I've been playing AFM for almost 10 years and I've never seen it. Today I pulled the glass off, started a game, and dropped a ball in the saucer hole while the 3-target bank was up. No Dirty Pool. I'm running 1.13 firmware. Am I missing something?

#461 5 years ago

What's the story on "Dirty Pool"? I've been playing AFM for almost 10 years and I've never seen it. Today I pulled the glass off, started a game, and dropped a ball in the saucer hole while the 3-target bank was up. No Dirty Pool. I'm running 1.13 firmware. Am I missing something?</blockquotei don't think just dropping a ball on when the bank is up will work, you have to defeat the saucer and leave a ball in there during multiball. Then hit the bank to knock the ball into the scoop.

#462 5 years ago

Wow. No wonder I've never seen it happen!

#463 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

What's the story on "Dirty Pool"? I've been playing AFM for almost 10 years and I've never seen it. Today I pulled the glass off, started a game, and dropped a ball in the saucer hole while the 3-target bank was up. No Dirty Pool. I'm running 1.13 firmware. Am I missing something?

You have to destroy a saucer the normal way first. That way, the drop target will be down when the gate goes back up, THEN drop a ball in the scoop beneath the main saucer. Should register a DP.

If not, repeat everything above during multiball. should definitely happen then.

1 month later
#464 5 years ago

Hi all! Two months ago, a friend and I convinced our local crap pub to sell us their Attack From Mars. We'd been harassing the owner for MONTHS and happened to time it right recently. (He was going to sell it back to the operator he got it from). It was sitting on a jack unused for a few weeks. We've since cleaned her up and replaced numerous parts. Fixed the SOL, drop target, orbit gates, ball trough, replaced GI bulb holders, fixed the Mothership flasher and LEDS, the Martian 'I' target, installed a cliffy, rebuilt a flipper, rebuilt two of the three pop bumpers, restrung the translite bulbs, rerubbered, waxed the playfield etc etc.

NOW - we're considering some 'tasteful' mods. We're pretty opposed to LEDs at the moment. We do like the SOL hole LED's that are about, however I have a question for someone technically minded - I would like to mod our SOL with an LED(s) that changes colour depending on what is lit. Ie; yellow LED lit for Stroke Of Luck, White LED lit for Martian Multiball, Red LED lit for Extra ball and Green LED lit for RTU. Is this even possible to do? The SOL LED kits online seem to only be with a single colour (green).

Thanks!

#465 5 years ago
Quoted from br1Ck:

I would like to mod our SOL with an LED(s) that changes colour depending on what is lit. Ie; yellow LED lit for Stroke Of Luck, White LED lit for Martian Multiball, Red LED lit for Extra ball and Green LED lit for RTU. Is this even possible to do?

This is a pretty cool idea. If I were to try it, I'd get some 5V, 3-SMD strips in all the colors I wanted. You'd have to see if there is enough real estate to install them around the base of the scoop. I'd hook the correct color strip up to the corresponding insert lamp. If more than one insert is lit, however, more than one strip will be shining. This is just off the top of my head. Open to other suggestions as well!

#466 5 years ago

Emailed Lee regarding this - here's the response;

Both of my AFM mods are interactive. The SOL mod will light the scoop green when SOL, Martian, or RTU is active, The Extra Ball will light it red when Extra Ball is active.

Space is the main limitation preventing more colors.

So it sounds like it IS possible however finding the space inside the SOL for four different LED's is the challenge.

#467 5 years ago

Forgot to mention - I'm happy to be a new member of the club!!

IMG_9238 (resized).jpgIMG_9238 (resized).jpg
#468 5 years ago

Is that a remake or an original??

#469 5 years ago
Quoted from br1Ck:

Is that a remake or an original??

original

#470 5 years ago

Wow! Incredible condition; you must have put hundreds of hours into it. Completely LED'd eh? Also; what colour DMD have you got in there? Looks great.

#471 5 years ago
Quoted from br1Ck:

Wow! Incredible condition; you must have put hundreds of hours into it. Completely LED'd eh? Also; what colour DMD have you got in there? Looks great.

Thank you! I put zero hours into it - traded for the game from a guy who is meticulous about his pins, especially the lighting. Completely LED'd and it has the LCD colorDMD. Also has the full inner-cabinet artwork and magnetic apron graphics.

2 months later
#472 5 years ago

beautiful!

#473 5 years ago

Hello just got my '96 Attack yesterday, have some problem with Motor lights and are locking for some answers, Mar"t"ian l motor, c motor, r motor, c ramp arroe not working. Strangely right loop arrow and left|right top lane are working.

Any hints? The bulps are all ok.

#474 5 years ago
Quoted from roccolord:

Any hints? The bulps are all ok.

Any that are #555's in a snap in plastic socket into a circuit board. I'd reflow the solder on the pins on that board that the connector plugs onto.

#475 5 years ago

My AFM is set for .75 per play. I went into my location where it is yesterday and it said something like 1/6 or 5/6 credits. It took some fiddling but got it back to a quarter adding 1/3 credit, but am puzzled as to how it happened. The menu to change the fractions is pretty deep in there, so have a feeling the game did it on its own. Anyone have this happen to know what happened?

#476 5 years ago

Oh, one more thing. The shield did its little glitch yesterday where the shield is down, but the inserts are blinking as if it thinks it is up waiting for the stand ups to be hit. If you get “lower shields” from stroke of luck it cures it, but other than that it takes a power cycle. I’m going to change out the 6 month old switches to see if that fixes it, but new switches should have cured this if switches were in fact the issue. It did this with the old switches too.

#477 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Anyone have this happen to know what happened?

Williams pricing occasionally does some weird things. Nothing you can do about it.

#478 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Williams pricing occasionally does some weird things. Nothing you can do about it.

Ok. Game’s been out for 18 months, so at least it’s not happening every week.

2 weeks later
#479 5 years ago

Does anyone know the part number for the screws that go into the top of the Cow ramp?

Can't find in manual or anywhere!

2 weeks later
#480 5 years ago

I bought my AFM about 5 years ago in beautiful shape. I am finally doing a full topside teardown. I have 2 questions:

1) I am putting on plastic protectors. Can anyone tell me where the very small one goes. It is about 1/3 the size of the slinshot protectors and is shown here:
https://www.pinballlife.com/attack-from-mars-plastic-protector-set.html

2) The playfield is so nice I thought it was a remake. I finally found an identity way up on the side near the hinge. It says Weber. Were they one of Williams suppliers.
Thanks--

#481 5 years ago

Looking for a topper for my afm special edition. Let me know what you have. Thanks, Mike
Cell (810)459-8075

1 week later
#482 5 years ago

What do I need to adjust if lock shots sometimes don't give the locks (but also don't give saucer credit either as if it passed the opto) and instead just kicks it up the VUK? Not happening every time, which is the worst part.

#483 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

What do I need to adjust

Lift playfield up and lean back. Look at the metal subway near the bottom of the playfield. A couple switches there. Check for broken wires.

1 week later
#484 5 years ago

So, what do you fellow AFM owners reckon is better:
1/ leave the original DMD because it’s « how the factory did it » and it’s nice imo to preserve a piece of pinball history.
2/ switch to a colour DMD ..

???
Thanks for your feedback/thoughts on this

#485 5 years ago

ColorDMD all the way

#486 5 years ago

The cool part about a ColorDMD is that it comes with a box that is the perfect size to preserve the original DMD for future generations.

#487 5 years ago

Exciting - am so close to making that step and ordering a ColorDMD for my AFM !

#488 5 years ago

And so I placed an order for an ColorDMD display

#489 5 years ago

And so I placed an order for an ColorDMD display

you can buy pin2dmd it's cheaper and almost the same.

#490 5 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

#491 5 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

Yes. And your colorization is great. Thanks again for your great work

#492 5 years ago

Greetings to the team!

I have some issues with my 3 Bank Target motor, so I ordered one from Marco. The old motor is leaking oil, so I thought that it was time to replace it. https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/14-8023 Marco claims that this fits AFM and Jackbot.

Installing the new motor was easy as it fits perfectly in the target motor bracket. But as I took the motor out of my AFM, I found that the Shaft on the new motor was larger than the original (I think) motor that I had in my machine. The new motor will not fit the existing cam for the assembly. So, to sum it up, the original motor has a smaller shaft than the newer motor.

Has anyone run into this before? Or did Marco get the wrong motor for AFM?

IMG_2881 (resized).JPGIMG_2881 (resized).JPGIMG_2883 (resized).JPGIMG_2883 (resized).JPGIMG_2888 (resized).JPGIMG_2888 (resized).JPG
#493 5 years ago

So, what do you fellow AFM owners reckon is better:
1/ leave the original DMD because it’s «&nbsp;how the factory did it&nbsp;» and it’s nice imo to preserve a piece of pinball history.
2/ switch to a colour DMD ..
???
Thanks for your feedback/thoughts on this

Im not a big fan of color DMDs. keep the original and save the money for something else.

#494 5 years ago

Auto plunger and left slingshot coil have stopped working?

Hi guys, these two coils have stopped working. I've gone into test mode and their switches are working fine. Can anyone suggest what I should look into now?

Thanks heaps

#495 5 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Can anyone suggest what I should look into now?

Broken wires at the coil lugs ? Thin wire from coil to coil lug cracked or broken ? Pull and check their fuse with a meter, maybe more aren't working ?

#496 5 years ago

Update. I've narrowed it down to the power driver board. I replaced the board with a spare board and everything is working fine. Something on the power driver board has failed and has caused some of the gi lights to stop working and two of the coils to stop working. I'll send the board away to get it fixed up

Quoted from Whitewater:

Auto plunger and left slingshot coil have stopped working?
Hi guys, these two coils have stopped working. I've gone into test mode and their switches are working fine. Can anyone suggest what I should look into now?
Thanks heaps

#497 5 years ago

Hello friends of the forum!
I am looking for original translite in good condition of the machine attack from mars.messaje private please greetings !!!!

#498 5 years ago

I'm touching up a few minor chips in an otherwise decent playfield. I'm a rookie and I'm struggling with the SOL inserts. I've poured over Vids guide. I have decals in hand. I just put clear coat in chipped areas of the inserts to level surface prior to putting on the decals. (Plastic is fine, chips are just missing clearcoat/lettering) The clear coat is drying very clear whereas the existing insert clear coat is cloudy/opaque. Any idea on how I get a decent match? I didn't see anything addressing this in Vids guide. Any suggestions much appreciated.

#499 5 years ago

Dumb question, installing Cliffy protectors on my AFMRLE, where does the Lock and Drain protectors go? Any pics? I am assuming the Drain goes under the apron below the flippers??

Thanks!

#500 5 years ago

Great mod for AFM, check these 3D flipper caps out!
Made by PinBoss can get either here in the market or at www.pinbossmods.com
Let me know if you have any questions!

Ryan

IMG_20190126 white (resized).jpgIMG_20190126 white (resized).jpgIMG_3950 (resized).jpgIMG_3950 (resized).jpgIMG_4638 white (resized).jpgIMG_4638 white (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 21.50
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 44.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-afm-martians-welcome/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.