IMG_3378 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3172 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4852 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4851 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4850 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4848 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 44.
#1 9 years ago

Hi

Strange.. no AFM member club exists. So here we go with the best pinball ever made. Hope owners will share their mods, pics of the beauties and strategies how to rule the universe. Unfortunately my machine is still "under construction" but should be finish soon.

here's my restored machine:

Here's my back box done with LED's

DSC03454.JPGDSC03454.JPG

Backboxbelegung AFM.JPGBackboxbelegung AFM.JPG

grün = green
orange = orange
rot = red
warm weiss = warm white
kalt weiss = cold white
blau = blue

#2 9 years ago

.Almost in

Iphone 2014 012.JPGIphone 2014 012.JPG
#3 9 years ago

might want to add" club" to the title

#5 9 years ago

Here are some random pictures of Rommy's AFM restoration . I hope to ship this game this week.

https://plus.google.com/photos/104320292970617159030/albums/5932601739604833265?authkey=CKb0ztyznePFogE

#6 9 years ago

great play field holder. Is this purchased or built. Would like to have build plans!

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from OlDirty:

I converted my back box the same as you. Here is a link I made few years back. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afm-led-back-box-conversion Here is a short video of my entire LED conversion.

100_0365.JPG100_0365.JPG 100_0364.JPG100_0364.JPG
#9 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Here are some random pictures

You do exceptional work !

#10 9 years ago

2012-08-20_12-14-20_175.jpg2012-08-20_12-14-20_175.jpgIMG_20140404_110946_203.jpgIMG_20140404_110946_203.jpg

Love me some AFM!

2011-11-17_18-48-27_454.jpg2011-11-17_18-48-27_454.jpg2013-03-08_10-14-34_657.jpg2013-03-08_10-14-34_657.jpg

#11 9 years ago

Love this game,my favorite for sure.
Nice,you bought the launch button to

#12 9 years ago

Is there anybody in this club that owns a finished AFM?

#13 9 years ago

Are we ever really finished? Every time I put in an upgrade I decide I want more. Currently thinking of adding a shaker motor to mine. Is this really worth it? I have a STTNG that may get one first.

Looking forward to seeing what others have done. I do love this pin.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from scottrogers:

Currently thinking of adding a shaker motor to mine.

I have one in mine and I LOVE it....Its my favourite pin with a shaker. Definite upgrade for any AFM, you will not regret it!

#15 9 years ago

Here's mine at the moment - more to do... pic came out kinda dark sorry

AFMgreenscoop.JPGAFMgreenscoop.JPG

#16 9 years ago

Getting mine back from Bryan Kelly this weekend at MGC!

Check out my custom laser cut city background that has explosions tied to the jet bumpers:

Best game ever! I missed it so much. Well, kind of. Been pretty busy.

#17 9 years ago

Ok I guess I am boring I have a nice original unmolested example of this machine. No restore needed just enjoying it stock for now. The only change made is the install of a color DMD. The cabinet artwork looks very bright and colorful still. I have the machine parked in a very dark room hoping to avoid having it become another victim of fade. Great playfield design with nice flow I must say. Happy to be part of the owners club thanks!

Rob

#18 9 years ago

What strategies do you have for AFM? At the beginning i fully concentrate on the three main saucers to get an extra ball. After thoese i try to get the "normal multiball" and "total annihilation" and try to destory the main saucer during it. It's just too risky with only one ball to hunt the ship, because you need too many shots. I also try to combine the martian multiball with the normal multiball to shoot more martian targets. My high score is just around 14Mia in a 5 ball game. Few weeks ago i saw a guy doing over 70Mia in a 5 ball game

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Is there anybody in this club that owns a finished AFM?

Yup.
AFMPFS 026.jpgAFMPFS 026.jpg

AFMPFS 025.jpgAFMPFS 025.jpg

AFMPFS 003.jpgAFMPFS 003.jpg

AFMPFS 021.jpgAFMPFS 021.jpg

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

.Almost in

Iphone 2014 012.JPG 207 KB

I’d like to join your rotisserie club, that thing is impressive

Former AFM member, it really is a great game. Here are some pics of one I cleaned up for a friend last year:

http://s437400854.onlinehome.us/?page_id=125

Some really nice looking AFMs out there.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Here are some random pictures of Rommy's AFM restoration . I hope to ship this game this week.
https://plus.google.com/photos/104320292970617159030/albums/5932601739604833265?authkey=CKb0ztyznePFogE

Man, you have one hell of a setup Jim. Your workshop is a “man cave” dream come true. Oh, and that AFM is pretty nice to

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

I’d like to join your rotisserie club

Quoted from Hjbondar:

Is this purchased or built. Would like to have build plans!

I resurrected the plans for you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sky-pilots-rotisserie-plans

#23 9 years ago

I'm in the club. Will post pics of my "finished" AFM soon.

BSL

#24 9 years ago

I want that green glow from the Stroke of Luck VUK. How was that done. Thanks.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

I want that green glow from the Stroke of Luck VUK. How was that done. Thanks.

New Kerry stainless weldment polished and drilled.
I made up a standoff, socket and an ultra bright.
You can wire it to the GI or feature light.

Same for the weldment behind the drop except you don't need to drill that one.

AFMPFS 006.jpgAFMPFS 006.jpg

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from OlDirty:

What strategies do you have for AFM? At the beginning i fully concentrate on the three main saucers to get an extra ball. After thoese i try to get the "normal multiball" and "total annihilation" and try to destory the main saucer during it. It's just too risky with only one ball to hunt the ship, because you need too many shots. I also try to combine the martian multiball with the normal multiball to shoot more martian targets. My high score is just around 14Mia in a 5 ball game. Few weeks ago i saw a guy doing over 70Mia in a 5 ball game

I always make sure I'm hitting the flippers so when the ball goes through the in lanes/out lanes the insert is not lit. When you complete them 10 times it lights extra ball.

For the standard rules I actually feel the pin is too easy.

I ruled the universe twice within 2 months of ownership on 3 ball. Around 38 billion total points, don't forget this is a high scoring game so you are most definitely in the billions.

During strobe multiball if you hit the triple target bank 10 times it lights extra ball.

You can shoot EB during video mode for another extra ball. Also you have 1 Martian bomb during video mode which also helps.

I do love that I get close to ruling the universe but that's it normally. I think I only completed it 3 times total. It makes you come back for more.

1 month later
#27 9 years ago

I had the most unusual game a few days ago: I destroyed Mars, got the Super Jackpot, the 5-Way Combo, Total Annihilation, and of course Super Jets. But somehow I managed to do all that without ever getting Martian Multiball, and ended up draining my last ball before I did.

Can anyone top that for WTF-ness?

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from yonkiman:

I had the most unusual game a few days ago: I destroyed Mars, got the Super Jackpot, the 5-Way Combo, Total Annihilation, and of course Super Jets. But somehow I managed to do all that without ever getting Martian Multiball, and ended up draining my last ball before I did.

That's pretty wild. A couple questions:
1) Are all of the M-A-R-T-I-A-N targets working?
2) Do you have it set not to allow starting the first Martian Attack from the back of the scoop? (Note: Not 100% that this is an adjustable setting anyhow.)

#29 9 years ago

Thanks Steve, but it's not a mechanical problem - I skillfully managed to never get all 4 jumping Martians.

I was just laughing because I wouldn't have thought it possible to do that well without (even accidentally) getting Martian Multiball. Some games MM is *all* I manage to light up...

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from yonkiman:

I can't top it, but I have actually done the exact same thing.

It's not like Martian Multiball is as easy to get as something like Super Jets. You do have to hit all of the green targets to start it after collecting from the scoop.

#31 9 years ago

No mods other than color DMD and mirror side rails, otherwise restored to better than new......

img048.jpgimg048.jpg img049.jpgimg049.jpg img052.jpgimg052.jpg img054.jpgimg054.jpg img057.jpgimg057.jpg img058.jpgimg058.jpg img059.jpgimg059.jpg img060.jpgimg060.jpg img061.jpgimg061.jpg img062.jpgimg062.jpg
#32 9 years ago

Does anyone make a decal for between the flippers ? Mine is worn And I would love to cover it. LMK e mail me direct . [email protected]

1 month later
#33 9 years ago

Not to many people will enjoy this game do to price and production. One of they all time best. Happy pinballin.

#34 9 years ago

Finally finished my AFM restoration and already ruled the Universe with 32 billions. Love that pin

4 weeks later
#35 9 years ago

Amazing

#36 9 years ago

My favorite game. I have a HUO one. Its been in my collection for years. All this talk of a shaker makes me want to add one. I have the Bill Ung saucer and runway lights installed. Also, put in the led mod bumper caps which fit the theme perfectly.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3336

#37 9 years ago

I just purchased an ATM and noticed that the Lock Ball 1, 2, 3, do not work 100% of the time. For example, I Light Lock and then try and Lock Ball 1, but it may not lock the first time. On the second try it may lock but it is intermittent. Has anyone had this error?

I am new to this forum, and help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

#38 9 years ago

There's an opto sensor on the left popper assembly (manual 2-23) where you lock the ball, which detects if there's a ball. Maybe it needs to be cleaned.

#39 9 years ago

My personal best was 98 till a week ago.
image-284.jpgimage-284.jpg

#40 9 years ago

What an awesome game. Conquered Mars plenty of times with either super jackpot or 5 way combo missing. Ruled the universe 5 times. Best score 43bil.

#41 9 years ago

Whats the better mod the shaker or the color dmd? I have been thinking of adding the color dmd first. But, having it shake would be a really cool physical effect. Thoughts?

I have 39 billion as high score with 2 RTUs under my belt in 9 years of owning.

#42 9 years ago

Shaker... Cheaper then color dmd too. And I have both

#43 9 years ago

I joined the club about a year ago.Found one that already had the cabinet restored. The playfield was a little rough but it came with a new Mirco playfield. I did my first and only playfield swap on this AFM, WITHOUT a rotisserie! It turned out beautiful. Cab has mirror chrome side rails, lock down bar, legs and bolts. Got the color DMD, Gozmod saucer board, Pinbits enhanced strobe kit, Cliffy's, Mantis and backboard decal. I stuck with normal bulbs instead of LED's. The inserts are so clean and true that the colors look awesome, even with regular bulbs.

I agree it is a little easy with all the extra balls available. With outlanes wide open my best is 48B and RTU countless times. I have never started RTU without finishing it!

DSCF5758.JPGDSCF5758.JPG
DSCF6041.JPGDSCF6041.JPG
DSCF6060.JPGDSCF6060.JPG
DSCF6062.JPGDSCF6062.JPG

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

With outlanes wide open my best is 48B and RTU countless times.

Outlanes wide-open?!?!? I'm impressed - most of the photos I've seen people have them as closed as possible, so that's where I set mine.

Where has everyone else set their outlanes?

#45 9 years ago

Might as well bring this up. Maybe someone has drawings hidden some where. The original reason why Afm play field is so wide open is the mother ship was supposed to come out and go left to right over the middle of the play field. I'll have to ask the Wms employee who told me if he has drawings or pictures of the original idea.

#46 9 years ago

My outlanes are wide open and the game is set to extra hard, you can win one EB. My current GC is 32 billion and that was epic.

IMG_2180.JPGIMG_2180.JPG
#47 9 years ago

Count me in.

image-825.jpgimage-825.jpg image-232.jpgimage-232.jpg image-55.jpgimage-55.jpg
#48 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

My outlanes are wide open and the game is set to extra hard, you can win one EB. My current GC is 32 billion and that was epic.

Same here, but no EBs at all. My GC is 30.8 billion.

4 months later
#49 9 years ago

New Stroke of Luck Light mod from Lee's Parts. Lit when ever Stroke of Luck, Martian Attack or Rule the Universe is lit. Plug and play install, no cutting, drilling, or soldering. Many thanks to Terrapinmark for letting me work it out on his beautiful HEP AFM.

http://www.leesparts.com/products%5Cafm-strokeofluck-light.html

AFMSOL1300400.jpgAFMSOL1300400.jpg
AFMSOL2300400.jpgAFMSOL2300400.jpg
AFMSOL3300400.jpgAFMSOL3300400.jpg

2 months later
#50 9 years ago
Quoted from OlDirty:

I just redid my backbox with your top-secret LED formula from the post in this thread.

Old:
old.jpgold.jpg

New:
new.jpgnew.jpg

What a difference! Thanks again OlDirty!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Wanted
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 44.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-afm-martians-welcome and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.