Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by desertT1
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

At my event last night at least one new switch issue popped up and there are a few others that been stumping me.

First one: At times, when a ball is launched, it will give credit for a right orbit shot. I saw this happen in both a skill shot situation as well as in multiball. When multiball started, it was launching the balls and instantly (as in while they were up top before coming down from the flippers) awarded a right orbit jackpot. After the game I took of the glass and manually flung a ball up there and wasn't really getting anything in switch test out of the ordinary. I also popped the playfield a bunch of times as well as flipped the flippers a lot. When I was hitting the playfield up near the upper right, the right outlane switch was triggering. Odd, but not the source of the free right orbit shots.

Second: Shots that go into the lock are at times registering as saucer hits. It seems, but may not be 100%, that really accurate and fast shots have a better chance of doing this. Dribblers have always registered as locks from what I have observed.

Third: Sometimes the shield will not go back up. Power cycling will tend to fix this, but nothing can be done in game once this happens. When this happens, any shots that go behind the drop will just get popped up from the VUK as if the game doesn't know what to give credit for. The three inserts will be blinking as if none of the shield shots have been hit, but they can't be because it's down. I replaced the two roller switches about a year ago when it first started happening and that didn't seem to fix the issue. Happens about once a night during tournaments and throws a wrench into games since it can't be resolved that I know of without ending the game.

#2 5 years ago

Can you post a picture of the whole MPU board with the wiring connected at the bottom of the board?

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Can you post a picture of the whole MPU board with the wiring connected at the bottom of the board?

I can, but not right away. I will try to get a pic up this weekend when I can swing by the location.

#4 5 years ago

I was just wanting to check it over for some battery leakage/corrosion. Do you have batteries or NVRAM on the board?

#5 5 years ago

What I would do here is press on all the MPU parts that are in an IC socket, especially U20 and U9 and reseat the bottom right 2 connectors on the MPU and reseat the short ribbon cable between the MPU and driver board. Hope you have some good results from these actions.

#6 5 years ago

Will do, thanks. I will check the batteries as well. I've been moving them or doing NVRAM, but don't think I've done this one yet.

1 week later
#7 5 years ago

I got to work on this today and there was a little orrosion, but didn't get past the tabs the battery touches. I cleaned that all up and put new batteries in. That process had me removing the MPU, so everything was re-seated. I played a test game and when I lit the locks I hit a rocket right into the diverter. It gave me dirty pool instead, which I think is more of a physical issue. I'll have to tear into it and see if there is something wrong with the gate.

As far as the shield being down and thinking it's up it'll take a few more test games to get a feel for if that is gone. Hopefully it is.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 21.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
16,500 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-95-switch-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.