pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3742.JPG
IMG_3743.JPG
5.JPG
4.JPG
3.JPG
2.JPG
1.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr_tantrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

It was generated from this Marketplace listing.

#1 4 years ago

Mod - for sale

Attack from Mars | 3D Flipper Toppers

Added: 2020-04-11 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 34 times (March 28th, 2024) • Expires: May 9th, 2024 16:34
Condition: New (selling multiple, business)

Price

$ 30 (Firm)

Price is firm

Contact seller

Attack!

I'm offering a set of my custom designed 3D printed AFM (all versions) flipper topers. The toppers are printed in high resolution with top quality filaments and come with adhesive on them ready to install.

All 4 colors can be custom selected by purchaser. As shown, the main layer is galaxy black (flat black with silver speckles), yellow, apple green, and red.

The apple green color is UV reactive so it really lights up when you have a UV trough light installed as pictured. I also have a UV reactive orange that could be implemented (see pics).

Please PM me if interested in purchasing.

Item photos

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
IMG_3743.JPG
IMG_3742.JPG
IMG_3745 (resized).JPG
IMG_3744 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Shipping/pickup info

Pick up
Willing to ship mainland
Willing to ship overseas
Willing to deliver

Linked to games

This ad is linked to 4 games:

Contact

Contact Mr_Tantrum via PinsideMail.

Contact seller

Seller insights

These are Mr_Tantrum's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Mr_Tantrum's stats page

Item location

Fort Worth, TX, US

Other ads from this Pinsider

Mr_Tantrum currently has 74 other ads on the Pinside marketplace. Showing the 50 most recently placed ads.

120 (Firm)
Mod - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
30 (Firm)
Mod - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
25 (Firm)
Mod - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
30 (Firm)
Mod - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
35 (Firm)
25 (Firm)
25 (Firm)
Mod - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
20 (Firm)
Mod - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
30 (Firm)
Mod - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX

#3 4 years ago

There are actually multiple flipper topper versions for AFM (and other games that I make 3D printed toppers for: Getaway, DE Jurassic Park, The Shadow, Tommy, etc.) The ones for AFM that are similar to this design are made of a completely different material, are not UV reactive, and you cannot customize the coloring.

I'm offering variety and buyer color selection for those who are interested in something unique, albeit similar, from what is already being offered.

I designed these for myself, and am offering them to others who might happen to like them. The good news is, nobody has to buy them who doesn't want to, and anyone who is looking for AFM flipper toppers is welcome to purchase any of the varieties available.

#7 4 years ago

That link is interesting. I noticed in just the first three posts by the OP there from a year ago (not several years) were near replicas of at least two of the designs (TZ and MB) that Tilt Graphics was already selling, yet you called the PinBoss toppers “great” when you posted in that thread. While I’m always open to constructive criticism, I typically just shrug things off when the one offering it demonstrates a lack of consistency.

Regardless, thanks again for your concern and I wish you nothing but the best, and continual enjoyment in the hobby.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballCaps:

mr_tantrum
Hey there. Thanks for checking out my product! Before my products, nobody made any 3D flipper caps, only laser cut ones. Mine are absolutely not "near replicas" of anything and there was nothing similar before I made what I made. Mine are hand cast with quality resin, hand painted, and original designs.
I take no offense by you making nearly the same product as mine but with cheaper materials! As hoby1 said, it is a free market. I figured my products would be copied, and you're not the first to do so.
Everybody take care, and I wish you and yours the best throughout this current pandemic! Pinball is the perfect thing to pass the time with

While I appreciate your justification, the graphical designs are nearly identical of those that pre-existed yours. Using the same logic you shouldn't have any issue with my version since they are are 3D printed using FDM technology (a completely different process than what you are doing), not to mention they are color customizable by the buyer.

Different process, different materials, different quality/resolution, and different price point. I don't care how many I sell as I create them made to order, and outside of this post and posting in the games owner's forums like I do with many of my mods, I don't advertise or promote them. I'm sure those who like and appreciate your product won't hesitate purchasing them just because I have a similar design, and I wish you nothing but success.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Sorry I missed the part where price differences came into play when looking at copying someone’s designs.
Nice job.

I'll assume you made the same point regarding his designs that closely resemble pre-existing toppers? Again, thanks for the consistency in your criticism.

#13 4 years ago

They’re close enough dude, seriously. Sounds like you’re ok with it, knock yourself out.

They are close, and I even acknowledged that which negates any inconsistency ad hominem fallacy on my part. My point is why are you so vehemently criticizing my design when you've not done the same to their designs that replicate other pre-existing toppers? As I've pointed out, quite the contrary since you praised them when they were initially posted. What's good for one should be good for the other.

BTW, you are correct in that I'm 100% okay with it along with those that have already purchased them. Therefore, we can continue the open sparring, or we can each get on with life and more important things. I'll leave the ball in your court, but I'm always happy to return serve.

#16 4 years ago

Have you been paying attention to some of the background on the WoZ similar designs? That discussion makes this look tame.

I don't own a WoZ so hadn't noticed it, but now you've got me interested . . . thanks for the recommended reading.

Point is that time after time so many in this hobby take the crusader flag and run out there and call BS on anything similar to another’s product.

I'm confused, are you saying you are the crusader or that I am?

4 months later
#20 3 years ago
Quoted from 68Pontinut:

if you are not capable of original thought this is what happens. I personally have the games Daniel made these mods for. They were not copies of something someone else had done. Was it a great idea? Obviously yes the 3-D bat toppers have become more common in the pinball community. My only point is please don't just copy something. Be creative enough to make something original and stand on your own.

This is in no way a criticism of you, but it took me very little effort to go find that the other maker of the the AFM toppers makes flipper toppers for other games that are nearly exact copies of the designs that pre-existed his. Of course when we had our discussions, he offered all sorts of justifications. Bottom line is he shouldn't be critical of my designs that are similar to his when he first did the same thing with somebody else.

I now offer a multitude of 3D flipper toppers (just search the Pinside Market). If anyone wants to emulate my designs and offer a better product to the community, then I welcome the competition. I've had a multitude of my original decals and mods duplicated, and if that forces me to be a better designer and offer more mod flexibility to buyers, then so be it.

My intention is not to be divisive and I realize people will fall on opposite sides of the fence on this, but this is my perspective on the topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr_tantrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

It was generated from this Marketplace listing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-3d-printed-flipper-toppers?tu=mr_tantrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.