(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Marten

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,133 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by GoldenBear
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E8F554B-7665-4393-B5A7-C7C1539FBD6B (resized).jpeg
DAC7E899-1D88-447B-B994-BBE86E8A2E9D (resized).png
36-50061-PL (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7882 (resized).jpg
IMG_8510 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2773 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2709 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tilt-master.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Marten:

Aaaah, finally fixed it! I was having a problem with the up kicker that shoots the ball
into the pop bumper area. It would often need 5 or more tries to get the ball up and
sometimes it would completely get stuck down there.
Turned out that the coil was a bit loose and the wrong coil sleeve was installed.
It's now working great!
Next up is a rebuild of the upper flipper so I can make the jackpot shot a little easier.

I had a problem with the same up kicker. The rubber grommet at the bottom of the coil fell off. Once I replaced it, the up kicker worked normally again, oh the simplest things! NGG was my first pin and will NEVER leave!
image.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#29 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Just a lot of parts crammed in a small amount of space.

Try working on a safecracker and you will feel like gofers has miles of space!

1 month later
#40 9 years ago

DMS consistently has this available, once in a while he posts it on eBay for a bit cheaper:
http://dmspinballs.com/nggparts.html
I consider this a 'must buy' for a NGG

I have an extra kit on hand in case I find a NGG for my brother

2 months later
#48 9 years ago
Quoted from flipper_nutz:

Any Gofers fans know what this part # or description is.. I don''t see it any where in the manual or listed at any parts suppliers around the globe. Its the white bushing that supports the shaft for the back gofers lift ramp flaps. Anyone know please let me know. Thanks

Part# 03-9847 bushing-lift ramp (2)

#50 9 years ago

Achieved a new all time high for myself, only my second time to18th hole, almost got back to 3rd 9 hole challenge, I still love this game!
image.jpgimage.jpg

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Marten:

It was great to finish the 18th hole but when I found out that I lost the bonuses for the holes and
had to start over I was really bummed. I'm wondering if you should just try to drain all the balls
before finishing the 18th with max multiplier.

You still get the one time 10M for finishing the course and a non multiplied 2.5M at each end of ball.

That being said, draining is an interesting thought especially if there were a lot of holes in one within the 18 holes. The 5x multiplier gives you an EB in your pocket assuming the shot is achieved.

2 weeks later
#64 9 years ago

Mandelbloom pointed out the correct assembly in the manual. Sounds like the mech needs a good cleaning. If you disassemble, take a lot of pics/video to archive your progress. The manual also shows how the assembly goes together.

1 week later
#91 9 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How do I pull these bulbs out? The top one was setup differently and I was able to pull that one, but the others I can't get out

I utilize a used bumper post sleeve

2 months later
#232 9 years ago

I had the same issue recently. My orbit switches needed adjustment

#239 8 years ago

It's a huge adjustment getting accustomed to the led flashers, they are bright and right in your face. I found that I hated them at first but kept them in

3 months later
#297 8 years ago

I posted this a few years back:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-good-gofers-residual-plate
The residual plate should be used with the catch plate for best results
image.jpgimage.jpg

#307 8 years ago

Correct, residual plate assists on ramp lock

#310 8 years ago

Manually move the catch plate away from the rod that moves the ramps up and down. How are the ramps when you manually release them? Do the rods feel like they are getting caught on anything? I'd also compare the assemblies in the manual to you gofer mechs. Are both springs in place that go to the catch plate. Are the magnets testing OK that pull the catch plate away from the rod that locks the ramps up and down?

1 week later
#318 8 years ago

Once in a while, DMS will post items on EBay for a slightly better deal

2 weeks later
#326 8 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

I believe PPS mentioned they were working on a translite for this table about a year ago too.

PPS mentions a lot of things they are 'working on'

1 year later
#596 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

One more question...is this the factory setup for the speakers? The left speaker seemed louder but I figured it was because the sound was bouncing off the wall and just making it appear louder. I just noticed tonight that the left speaker is much larger than the right. What's up with that?

it is a stock set-up. Regardless, just upgrade to a Flipper Fidelity kit

#597 7 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

noticed a couple of things while playing. Slam ramp is not going down all the time when lit, I'm thinking it appears when it rolls over the inner lane switch

check your wires to your slam ramp coil, make sure they are solid. Also make sure your slam ramp bracket is secured on all screw points to he playfield.

Quoted from Robl45:

automatic plunger doesn't seem to be able to shoot the balls up the left ramp anymore or just barely gets them up there. Manual getting them up there fine. It was getting them up there fine but last night they were rolling back as they got to the top of the ramp.

My auto launcher never shoots up the left ramp, I've really never seen any machines that have. Others can chime in but consider yourself lucky to have an inconsistently powerful auto plunger. That will come in handy during multiball restarts

1 month later
#694 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I had a decent game going tonight when this happened. Ball search can't help this stuck ball. Does the "floating ramp guard" stop this from happening? I have one from Marco but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to install it.

Yes the ball hang up repair kit is a 'must buy' for gofers

1 year later
#1013 5 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

Apparently nowhere. This is why this hobby is really getting to the point that I'm ready to give up. If no one is making parts that wear out, the games are useless.

LSOG was the last place I ordered mine, shows sold out now: https://littleshopofgames.com/product/no-good-gofers-bud-buzz-31-2955-set/

Ask Planetary if they intend to make any.

1 month later
#1069 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

My right orbit (right cart path) is not qualifying a 'drive'. Spinner switch works.
Where do I start in resolving why a full shot thru the outer right orbit doesn't qualify a 'drive' shot?

Test your orbit switches. If they work, the ball may be simply missing them so they may require adjustment

10 months later
#1213 4 years ago

Also make sure rubber grommet coil stop didn’t fall off on the bracket. Mine did a few times and wouldn’t kick the ball out

1 year later
#1472 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Hey gofers
I’m almost in the club with deal done but have long wait with game on the boat to me here in Australia.
Looking around and buying some mods. ColourDMD a must. PDI glass I have ready. Led pop caps. Has anyone upgraded to the flipper fidelity sound package and if so is it worth it. It’s been a while since owning a Williams game and I always remember the sound not being that great. Any help appreciated. Scott

Congrats! Flipper fidelity kits works well, agreed there is a lot of bass in the game. Sounds unbelievable during the 9 hole challenge

3 weeks later
#1497 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

The common advice is to do it with them down, from under the playfield.

Agreed, each assembly can be removed, much easier to replace them.
B7209A95-2956-41FB-BC49-919DCEBFA4B9 (resized).pngB7209A95-2956-41FB-BC49-919DCEBFA4B9 (resized).png

7 months later
#1577 2 years ago

Did Micro ever do a run of NGG playfields? I’m in the market for one

#1580 2 years ago

Thx, I bumped their org thread. The site says these are unavailable

#1582 2 years ago

Thanks. That’s a picture of the Buthamburg playfield. Perhaps it’s a joint effort ……..has anyone bought one of these? Thoughts?

6 months later
#1760 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Just picked up a mint HUO NGG yesterday! Everything original, with the owner handing the receipt from 1998.

That’s an incredible find, congrats! Yes, would highly recommend brightening the game up with some tasteful LEDs, at least the GI.

#1762 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I put leds in my NGG and did not like at all the look. I did put leds in the left and right spot lite only and removed the tower of spotlights by the jackpot ramp. I am the kind that does not like leds on older games. I tried ALL the types and none match the same color temp as incandescents.

I felt the same way when I first installed, but now being accustomed to modern games GI brightness, I’m glad I did it. I used warm whites to try to get as close to incandescent feel as possible

2 months later
#1786 1 year ago
Quoted from Master_of_Trolls:

I recently picked up a NGG, making it the first BW game in our home. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to increase the number of balls per game (from 3 to 5)? We have done this on our other pins (later Sterns, CGC and JJP) for our grandchildren, so that their games can last longer than 2 minutes and 13 seconds each. When they get older and learn better ball control, we can easily reduce the number of balls per game again. This is an easy menu change in our other pins but I'm uncertain if that can even be done in this late 90's era game.
A second question involves changing over to a color DMD. Can the DMD simply be swapped out or must a pc board or chip also be replaced?
I appreciate any and all helpful advice!

Congrats on the NGG!
Adjust alls per game: adjustments—> standard adjustments—> Balls per game

Regarding color DMD, if you purchase one, their instructions on changing out are very thorough. It is not just a simple swap of cables

10 months later
#1914 8 months ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

The only thing I know through prelim conversation is that "the ball doesn't make it to the pop bumpers like it should". I am speculating this might be the missing or worn rubber grommet at the base of the mechanism firing the ball, but I'm not even sure what shot they are specifically talking about.

I agree with this speculation and it's a good simple place to start. If the coil isn't firing at all, that's an entire different troubleshoot

#1923 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinster5000:

Love ngg but eternally wish it was coded for 18 holes and had more modes.

Does anyone think Planetary will ever fix the broken pieces of Gofers code? It's disappointing to see the other games that have received the treatment (that aren't close to being broken as Gofers)

Planetary signed off with James' 2.0 code and he did a great job with it. I still love what the original code structure offered, callouts are great, music is solid, especially 9 hole mini wizard, still one of my favorites. I was hoping James' 2.0 kit would have the tweaked the original code so you can play both the updated old code as well as the 2.0 version. He had initially mentioned there could be 'improved functionality' with original code within the kit but I haven't seen that yet. I would buy the 2.0 kit if this improved original code was offered

#1929 8 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

What’s broken in the code? Honest question since I’ve played a lot and not noticed anything particularly broken.

*Jackpots earned are not reflected accurately on your score, including Quick Jackpot
*bomb sound can get stuck on after gofer attack
*it's possible to skip the wizard mode if you start multiball on hole 9
*scoring is very unbalanced, multiball, pop a gofer and cart attack are the only modes worth anything
*A nice additional fix would be a left ramp lift check. When the left ramp should be up for a ball lock, when entering some modes it drops and never lifts again until Bud pops up
*a final 18 hole wizard mode would be nice bonus

I may be missing a few other things

#1931 8 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Maybe Soren can do some code for us?

Confidence is low regarding Soren doing anything for this game, it's the B/W code that requires the most love and has received nothing.

At this point the best bet is for the 2.0 that has the original code in it to have the 'improved functionality' and have everything fixed and then some. Like I stated prior, the 2.0 is well done, but I would very much like to experience the full, original game as it was intended.....and maybe some expanded code like an 18th wizard

1 month later
#1971 7 months ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Hmm I had that one you’re showing out one time but don’t remember it being the shape of the one in the kit I’m asking about.
The two risers are black and like 1/3” high.
The three things circled here are what I’m questioning how/where to put them [quoted image]

Please refer to the NGG Ball Hang up kit instructions A-22599: https://www.ipdb.org/files/4338/NGG_A_22599.pdf

Triangular parts are flasher dome brackets

1 week later
#1974 7 months ago

most likely to prevent an airball hang-up between ball guide and top of pop bumper

5 months later
#2103 45 days ago

Side of slam ramp, part of this kit:

https://www.ipdb.org/files/4338/NGG_A_22599.pdf

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

4,800 (OBO)
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tilt-master.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome?tu=tilt-master and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.