"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Apekop

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,158 posts
  • 178 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by nicknack66
  • Topic is favorited by 69 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 244 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5C0A7FC2-12E3-4871-8EF3-1FFF2CAA4418 (resized).jpeg
BBEA4AC7-2883-4D61-8F64-BE643D91CFE3 (resized).jpeg
20190212_174621 (resized).jpg
SoProud.gif
IMG_20190119_173611 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190119_173550 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190119_173558 (resized).jpg
20190113_151428 (resized).jpg
952AC9AB-155C-47CE-80B2-488CF464EF52 (resized).png
IMG_2573 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181104_090723 (resized).jpg
20180326_200116 (resized).jpg
20181001_163909 (resized).jpg
7F0BF38D-E75C-4593-A056-43F068AE0C64 (resized).jpeg
580FA68C-9BC9-4433-A51B-437790D2E827 (resized).jpeg
20180927_204231 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parabax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 4 years ago

Does anyone have any tips on aligning the shooter lane and the ramp to get the ball to successfully go up to the driving range at plunge? I'm not even talking about the auto-fire, on my NGG only about 10% of the plunges will actually go up the ramp, most shots bounce back and forth along the sides of the first 6" of the ramp and come back down. I've inspected the plunger and its already aligned pretty centered on the ball. I think perhaps the gate that protects the shooter lane is altering its trajectory.

#74 4 years ago

Can someone take a quick pic of the underside of the slam ramp mech? I need to replace the 2.5" socket cap screw that it uses to track up and down. Someone just put in a standard head screw and my ramp is sticking near the the top, not staying all the way up, and causing some ball strikes. Anyone else have a ramp that keeps getting ball strikes when up?

2 months later
#231 3 years ago

I've got a question about the bonus multipliers. On my game, multiplier seems to go to 2x the first time you do the inline/orbit combo, but stepping to the rest of the multipliers takes a lot of shots. Is this an adjustment? Don't see it in the manual. I would think the game was only intermittently registering the loop, but it flashes the lane and scores each time, just doesn't step the multiplier.

#233 3 years ago

Got it sorted, thanks. Right orbit switch was going down when ball was slow, but a fast orbit ball made it stick against the side of the slot.

4 months later
#327 3 years ago
Quoted from pinb0t:

Can someone tell me if the right ramp is supposed to be raised all the time during multiball? Sometimes mine is raised, sometimes not. Thanks!

It will be raised at first, until you make the left ramp jackpot. Then the ramp will drop and it will be lit in front of it "Light Jackpot", once you shoot the ramp it will raise again.

1 year later
#585 2 years ago

Can someone take a picture of the cap screw that keeps the slam ramp alligned? The parts list just says it's a modified 10-32 cap screw but I'm not sure how it fits in the bracket.

Thanks!

1 week later
#598 2 years ago

My auto launcher makes it up the ramp every time, but i had to adjust the guide to make it line up perfect. That coil doesn't get a lot of use, but i would assume that if the kicker and the guide are lined up right it should be no problem.

Also, if you install a flipper fidelity kit (which I fully recommend), you'll need to follow the extra instructions that are supposed to just be for MM. The gopher mechs hit the cabinet speaker if you don't.

#603 2 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

What guide are you talking about?

The exit angle of the shooter lane is adjustable via a screw under the playfield. The kicker is adjustable by its mounting hardware, again under the playfield. Make sure the kicker is dead center of a ball resting in lane, otherwise it doesn't get a solid hit. Once that is done, adjust the lane exit angle to hit the ramp as clean as possible.

Quoted from Robl45:

It's not that it doesn't go down all the way. It works perfect. It's just sometimes it doesn't register and doesn't move.

This is usually an issue with the rollover switch in the left inlane not being closed during a roll through.

2 weeks later
#631 2 years ago

There are rollover switches on each side of the back of the orbit, they both have to be triggered in the correct order to award the multiplier. Not sure of the time between them, or if its just that they have to be consecutive with no other switch hits in between. If you aren't being awarded, its likely one of the switches needs to be adjusted.

#634 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I thought you have to hit the loop on the side which is flashing first.? (right flasher blinking - shoot right loop)?

Correct, standard lane/opposite orbit combo award. Regarding the switches and their order, if you go through the right inlane and shoot the left orbit, you have to trigger the two orbit switches in order of left then right. That's how it determines which way you went around the loop.

#639 2 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

half the time the ball comes around past the upper flipper and hits the sling.

Can you clarify this? The upper flipper shouldn't be affecting the exit from the shooter lane. There is a gate at the lane exit, is that gate opening cleanly? That could easily cause most of your problems if its bent and sticking, not letting the ball exit the shooter lane clean.

1 month later
#698 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Does it install on the floating ramp?

Yes, it installs on the ramp itself. I just took a dark piece of square foam and glued it to the side of the ramp to fill up the space, works great!

2 weeks later
#738 1 year ago

I'm thinking about it, i've got mine torn down right now to install a playfield protector, so i'm doing the backboard decal and the art blades would match it. However my cabinet is very tight on the playfield, so I'm worried about them holding up/getting scratched.

#743 1 year ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Every once in a while the slam ramp doesn't fully come up.

Replace the spring.

#747 1 year ago

My ramp used to not go all the way up, and sometimes the ball would tap it when going under. Replacing the spring fixed it 100%, 5 min fix.

2 weeks later
#767 1 year ago

I'm installing a playfield protector right now, its a pain in the rear since you have to pull both ramps which is not as easy as it sounds. I've got some inserts that are raising and i'm trying to keep them from getting (any more) chewed up. I'll report back once its done.

#770 1 year ago
Quoted from Robl45:

My understanding is in home use the Playfield shouldn't get damaged. Raised inserts I read you heat up and hit with a hammer. I'm a bit scared to try it

Raised inserts generally also means that the clear coat has cracked around the insert, so leveling them only fixes one problem and requires the playfield to be re-cleared. Lower it all you want, that crack is there and can chip away. As far as playfields not getting damaged in home use, well that's just not true

3 weeks later
#783 1 year ago

Unfortunately you've got you work cut out for you. To replace that screw you're going to have to pull the left ramp, and you can only get left (platic) ramp off if you take the left (metal) ramp mechanism off.

#785 1 year ago

Yeah, you could get to it if you pulled the playfield, but if you're installing a protector just wait and do it then.

10 months later
#950 11 months ago
Quoted from Boat:

-replace slam ramp spring

My ramp orriginally had the same problem, I replaced the spring and put a little bit of Super Lube on the post, now it always goes all the way up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
€ 3.70
$ 50.00
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 40.00
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 89.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parabax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside