(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Marten

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7882 (resized).jpg
IMG_8510 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2773 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2709 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2710 (resized).jpeg
20240107_181506 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mando.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 9 years ago

I am re-joining the club in about a month! Ayone have a bulb list, trying to buy some LED's may just do GI?

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I've had my NGG for a few weeks. I'm starting to get the hang of knowing what to shoot for and when. Too bad my scores don't show it. I think my best so far is 37mil. I'm addicted though.
Sometimes my right gopher doesn't go down in his hole all the way. Is there an easy adjustment for that?

I am pretty sure there is a bolt that adjusts how far he goes down. Been a while since i had my gofers, new one coming soon. Ill see if I can find it in the online manual.

#60 9 years ago

Think its part #16 in this diagram, but dont have one to test for ya If its random then its possible you just need a new coil sleeve or linkage and its getting stuck.

Capture2.PNGCapture2.PNG
#80 9 years ago

Was going to suggest little shop, you can probably use freeze spray and get the old mylar off. I think its best to fill the hole with some sort of putty and then lay the decal on. removing the ramp will be required to do it right. I havent done it, but read about it Good Luck!

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Never dealt with an overlay. I was looking into it and read you had to clear it after and sounded like too much work

This one does not require clear coat, had it on my old NGG and I could barely tell it was there.

3 weeks later
#108 9 years ago

Well I am in the club!! picked up this beauty, I have to believe it's the nicest(maybe tied) all original gofers around . This is my second gofers and a keeper , it plays so nice !

image.jpgimage.jpg image-946.jpgimage-946.jpg
#110 9 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Now all you need is a good camera

Yea I was just lazy I have a nice SLR, I'll get some better pics when I have the
Time

#112 9 years ago

Sounds like you have a GI string out. I would go into test cycle through the strings. If you get to one and you have 0 lights that's your bad string. Check the manual and see what which connector that string is, see if the connector is loose or burnt and check the fuse for that connector. if this fix is not obvious at that point check back here. Im not an expert pin tech but that should be a good start.

#115 9 years ago

Hey do you guys think I should install cliffy switch slot protectors on this? Mine are in perfect shape now.

#119 9 years ago

Yea, this game has some really cool effects with the flashers. Have any of you put LED flashers in? I am thinking just keep the standard flashers as there is a lot of fade in/out effects with them.

Glad its working!

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Keep your Standard flashers in. I put LED's in mine and they about send you to the hospital when they fire! Very cool but you go blind, especially in a dark environment.

I figured as much Did you do LED's in the rest of the game?

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I LED'd everything but the flashers. It looks really nice.
Any thoughts on these? Yay/Nay?...

sides.gif 71 KB

I saw those, I think nay but who knows they may look cool. I was going to the backboard decal but not sure its worth the effort.

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

So you are the one that bought the 4000 dollar one down there in Florida..

Yea the one from Charlotte. Its my second gofers, wanted a really nice one so happy with it.

#132 9 years ago

On my old one it was in the 60's, new one GC is not mike but it's 120 something.

Flips so strong on new one I can't hit hold in onr as much

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Now all you need is a good camera

Ok here you go better pics

DSC_0350.jpgDSC_0350.jpgDSC_0352.jpgDSC_0352.jpgDSC_0353.jpgDSC_0353.jpgDSC_0354.jpgDSC_0354.jpg

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

you should probably replace that slam ramp flap as it looks a little deformed
also put a little felt under the slam ramp as it looks like it's touching the playfield a bit due to the mark I see

There are little rubber nubs under the ramp but. The flap itself seems fine the marks are like a light scratch in the mylar piece that's there and down go to the playfield . I'm going to put a new piece of mylar and maybe a thin piece of felt under the flap . It's all original no decal .

#137 9 years ago

By the way gofer club where can I find the best instruction cards to print for this game ?

#139 9 years ago

Yea it's really darn near perfect very happy with it. The flap probably does have the slighest bend upward so it catche the light funny with the glad which is what you see . If anything it makes it less likely to dig into the playfield.

I will say I'm a little nervous about removing the old Mylar

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

This table really needs the ColorDMD treatment. So much color on the machine and the standard DMD almost looks out of place.

I know I am so in for that hopefully soon. This game is a keeper for me , gofers was actually my first game it was a solid one but I sold it. Missed and and searched for a amazing example and was lucky to find this. So barring me just totally getting out of the hobby this one will stay and I would love to get a color DMD !!

#144 9 years ago

Post edited by mandelbloom: double post

#145 9 years ago

Hey guys my mini playfield has a little wiggle to it is this normal?

I'm guessing so since it attaches with one post and then the slots in the back.

#163 9 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'm going to order some stuff, so I'll pick one up.
What size are those little bumper post rings? 3/16"?
The white ones in this pic....
post ring.jpg

I bought these in blue, they look super nice there. A but pricey for a post rubber but what the heck
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3358

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyHK:

Found the L-shaped plastic on top of the middle ramp when I took off the upper playfield to do some cleaning over the weekend.

DSCN1963.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

How easy is it to get that off, just remove screw and pull from grooves in backboard? Anything else attached? I want to clean back there a little myself.

#166 9 years ago

Cool what do those goto? Golf cart targets I assume is one

I assume the connectors are under the lower playfield.

#174 9 years ago

I thought I had seen them at one time as my old gofers had this issue. That said I dont think the process is that easy as you would need to sand off the old insert paint and then clear over the new ones?

#175 9 years ago

I'm getting a set of the ramp etc decals. Does anyone know how easily these come off / cleanup if I was to ever remove them?

1 week later
#180 9 years ago
Quoted from larrys1:

Mine does the same but I blame it on my cliffy switch protectors, so I just nudge the machine once in a while.

Hmm I was thinking of putting in some of those cliffys

#182 9 years ago

Hmm so two cliffy switch issues..maybe I wont install mine. Anyone want to buy two cliffy switch protectors

1 week later
#193 9 years ago

You will see a strobing effect when off, with it on there is nice fade to the LED's. You can also adjust the brightness.

Some good things to look at, the lower driving range insert for the slam ramp. Also focus on the 5X by the flippers when off on. It shows up more in person. I also need to tweak a little more but you can adjust every lamp individually for example the white inserts are a but too much at full strength but the yellow I could leave alone.

Its called OCD for a reason some may not care as much I guess LOL. I should probably do some inserts during game play, the ones that "flash" with LED's fade nicely with this makes a huge difference to me.

#195 9 years ago

Yes, there are 2 OCD boards. One is for GI and one is for inserts.

The one I installed is for inserts, there are a lot of fading effects and sweeping effects with the playfield lights. This makes them way smoother, instead of LED being on/off it levels. Also being able to adjust each insert is very nice. For example the lower driving range insert was blinding, I tweaked it and its perfect now.

GI OCD will fix the strobing flicker you see from the GI LED's allowing them to fade nicely. Ex. Multiball start. Your other options is to go with turning of the GI dimming feature from the menu. You will lose out on a few effects but that flicker/strobe will be gone. It has helps to use good GI leds.

another cool feature of GI OCD is the backbox cab be set to dim or turn off during gameplay reducing glare.

At $150 a pop you have to decide if its worth it, frankly I think the price is fair compared to what people pay for other mods. Also it allows you to buy cheaper LED's you dont need non-ghosting LEDs(it fixes that too).

#197 9 years ago

Better off cradling in the right flipper. backhand it into buzz's hole. It will drop out to the upper flipper, JACKPOT!

Also there is a bug sometimes if you let your balls drain at the start you will get s freebie from the autolaunch. LOL

#199 9 years ago

No he should be down with the right ramp up, you can then "lock" the ball in the hole and it will drop down to the flipper.

It should also do this right at multiball start, which is a good time to hit the jackpot.

If you ever can post a video of your game play and I will let you know if it seems normal. I have owned two and play it on the pinball arcade so I would notice something off

#201 9 years ago

When you do a gofer test do they both work correctly ?

I think the gofer up and down are optos so likely one of those is not working correctly may be as simple as cleaning it or a loose cable or you may need a new opto.

#205 9 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Buzz will go up but not down in the test. He will go down during play but probably not 100% correctly like he should.
I'm not even sure what an opto looks like. Guess I'll have to pull out the old manual when I get home.

There is a coil that fires to knock him down, make sure that fires when you do the test. If he is not going down on his own that will really mess up game play as he will block the ramp after he taunts you.

There are two ways to knock him down, 1 is the eddy sensor that will trigger that coil its right in front of him below the playfield.

2 is the force of the ball will cause him to fall.

Could be the washer who knows but just some ideas.

#207 9 years ago

Yea its def not working correctly then good luck!

#209 9 years ago

If you manually engage the coil does he drop?

#211 9 years ago

Yes standard are best with the OCD, the ghosting ones will flicker at the lower brightness values. you can adjust it in th OCD though so they will work. That said if you haven't put them in yet I would buy new ones. I got comet 2smd frosted they look nice. if you need a list I can find the one I made it worked out well.

#219 9 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Gopher rebuild complete! Now to throw up some good scores.

Nice is he working properly now?

4 months later
#311 8 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Hey all!

The problem is that Bud acts like he's been hit as soon as one hits the Raise Gofer shot. As the ball is traveling up the ramp and back around through the ramp make switch, Bud pops up, says "Ohhh!" and falls down. The ramp usually is raised just fine, since Bud goes all the way up, but not all the time.
I

I see this too sometimes, and my Gofers is very low play, looks like new and functions like new. Matter of fact if you watch the Bowen Kerins video of NGG this happens once! I think it pretty common, mine is intermittent though, Bud is always fine. If he is talking or in test he works 100% of the time as well. Will be interested if you figure it out, I have decided to not take my gofers apart at this point, I know how that can go bad

3 months later
#348 8 years ago

He is correct, its fairly simple and exactly as he described. Should be fine, that said I learned never mess with the Gofers! LOL don't think the repro gofers old up as well as the NOS ones. Good Luck.

1 year later
#737 7 years ago

Any of you guys install the art blades on your gofers ?? Would love to see how they look

#741 7 years ago

Not sure about your slam ramp but you should not get a jackpot hitting the middle ramp, however sometimes if an autolaunched ball goes up the left ramp it will trigger the jackpot even though it shouldn't. Does that switch register correctly as the middle ramp?

#751 7 years ago
Quoted from DMcNamara:

Love the look of the side blades and backboard decal - I have side blades en route to me now. Where did you get the backboard decal - Pinball Decals or somewhere else?

Little shop of games has them... hmm mirror blades or this

1 year later
#1148 5 years ago

Hey fellow Gofer lovers! So I have an amazing example and I got to thinking maybe I should stock on parts for it just in case we cant get them in the future. Any suggestions?
I was thinking
New upper play field(mine is in good shape but you never know)
Ramp Lift Catches
I have a brand new set of NOS gofers

what else?

#1151 5 years ago

Yep, this machine is HUO so things that require a ton of play will likely be fine but anything common is worth stocking up on.

1 year later
#1313 4 years ago

Are the gofers for sale anywhere? Have a friend that is looking. I have a NOS set but I plan on keeping those as spares since they seem to have become unubatanium !

#1318 4 years ago

Man what do you think a Set of NOS ones is worth ?

1 month later
#1326 3 years ago

I have a NOS set but I am keeping then just in case that happens!!!

6 months later
#1424 3 years ago

So I have an odd issue with my Gofers, seems software related. When I light the locks the ramps will not go up. When it happens to Buzz I cant event shoot the lock, eventually he will come up to talk trash and the ramp will stay up. When it happens to bud it will virtual lock. Multiball the ramp goes up as it should. They check out 100% in test go up , ramp locks, it goes down. Switches show correctly. I did a "feature reset" and tested the gofers and it worked once then went back to old behavior. Makes no sense? Could it be a bad ROM?

Not that it matters but this is a HUO machine with 1700 plays so its in pretty good shape, no board issues etc etc.. very odd.

#1426 3 years ago
Quoted from coniferpinball:

I had the exact thing happen to one of my ramps. Ordered these lift catch parts from Marco and now good to go: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-14739.1

Ok thanks .. did they work fine in test ?

#1428 3 years ago

coniferpinball ok great thanks ! I am getting them from cliffy he has some “better” ones but I will order the rest from here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mando.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome?tu=mando and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.