"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Apekop

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,158 posts
  • 178 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by nicknack66
  • Topic is favorited by 69 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 244 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5C0A7FC2-12E3-4871-8EF3-1FFF2CAA4418 (resized).jpeg
BBEA4AC7-2883-4D61-8F64-BE643D91CFE3 (resized).jpeg
20190212_174621 (resized).jpg
SoProud.gif
IMG_20190119_173611 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190119_173550 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190119_173558 (resized).jpg
20190113_151428 (resized).jpg
952AC9AB-155C-47CE-80B2-488CF464EF52 (resized).png
IMG_2573 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181104_090723 (resized).jpg
20180326_200116 (resized).jpg
20181001_163909 (resized).jpg
7F0BF38D-E75C-4593-A056-43F068AE0C64 (resized).jpeg
580FA68C-9BC9-4433-A51B-437790D2E827 (resized).jpeg
20180927_204231 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jakers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#587 2 years ago

I joined the club last night. She's dirty and missing a few small parts, but she'll clean up nice.

IMG_0740 (resized).jpg

#593 2 years ago

I'd like to light up the putt out hole from underneath. I'm wiring up a LED that will flash with the PUTT OUT insert and need to know which of the wires to tap into on the board under the play field. Can anybody help me out?

image (resized).jpg

#594 2 years ago

One more question...is this the factory setup for the speakers? The left speaker seemed louder but I figured it was because the sound was bouncing off the wall and just making it appear louder. I just noticed tonight that the left speaker is much larger than the right. What's up with that?

IMG_0787 (resized).JPG

IMG_0788 (resized).JPG

IMG_0780 (resized).JPG

#599 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

it is a stock set-up. Regardless, just upgrade to a Flipper Fidelity kit

Is the sound quality actually noticeable with a flipper fidelity kit? Does the sub add more bass? I've always been on the fence about upgrading the speakers in any of my games.

#608 2 years ago

Can somebody check on their audio board and tell me what amperage fuses you have in F501 and F502? I have 2 blown fuses and they are both 6.3a 250v. However, when I look in the manual it says these 2 fuses should be 2.5a 250v.

thanks

#610 2 years ago
Quoted from PinNerd:

Jakers, 2.5A 250V is correct for F501/502 on NGG (WPC95). They are for the audio amp power supply.

Thanks! I put the correct 2.5s in there and they're holding strong.

1 week later
#619 2 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

hmm, I bought the game used in 2002. To the best of my knowledge, the slam ramp has always been in that position. I always wondered how the heck you were supposed to hit the golf cart. So is it easy to rotate it? I assumed you were going to tell me I needed the piece that williams sold to prevent the ball hanging up by the slam ramp.
EDIT: so I'm trying to look at pictures and I can't really tell how its supposed to go exactly. Could someone maybe push the ramp down and take a picture so I can tell where it should be located?

When I bought my NGG, the slam ramp looked like yours and it was able to rotate about 10 degrees. I found that the previous owner tightened the bolt (item #10 in red) too far. The head of that bolt needs to sit between the vertical slit of the adjusting plate (item #5 in green). My slam ramp now doesn't rotate and is angled correctly.

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 8.33.07 AM (resized).png

#621 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me the proper routing for the upper left playfield wires? Mine just don't look right to me. Also, should the left ramp sit on top of that post connected to the back wall?

IMG_0991 (resized).JPG

#630 2 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

I tried a few times to see if I could complete the 5X bonus/extra ball, but once I did it never seems to be a focus of my game plan (and when I am not focused on it I usually just get 2x or 3x). Not sure if my game isn't working correctly or if I am missing something about the rules, but sometimes I see the 2x flashing and I loop the ball around but am not awarded the 2x (that is, it still is just flashing). Not sure if the direction of the loop makes a difference, if the speed of the ball around the loop makes a difference, but sometimes the game gives me the award and other times it doesn't, and I am not sure why.

Mine did this as well when I first got the game. It turned out that my left orbit switch needed to be adjusted. It wasn't sitting high enough for the ball to consistently register. Once I bent the metal piece upward a bit, it registers every time. The ball needs to register on both orbit switches to count as a bonus multiplier.

#643 2 years ago

I'm going to be installing my slam ramp area overlay soon. There is a small gouge in the playfield. What would you suggest to fill this gouge with before I put the overlay on top? Thanks.

IMG_1034 (resized).jpg

#647 2 years ago

For those of you that have painted your worn out Gofers, what paint and sealant did you use? How is it holding up? I have acrylic paint which is good for plastics but what type of clear would be best for protecting the paint from chipping away again?

#650 2 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

So I investigated my orbit spinners this weekend. If I take my finger and spin both spinners the switches register every time (no matter which way I spin the spinner). Would the ball hitting the spinners at speed make a difference on if the switches register? Also, for those of you who adjusted your switches, when you say you bent the metal piece up, did you just use your finger and pull the metal end up a little, or did you adjust it upwards another way (e.g. leaf adjuster)? Thanks.

If you're still trying to get your bonus multipliers to register correctly, the spinner switches have nothing to do with registering the bonuses. The switches you need to adjust are on the playfield in the back left and back right corners of the orbit. They're located under the ramps so you're best bet is to lift the playfield and adjust them from underneath. I removed my switch from underneath and just bent it upward a bit using my fingers.

#652 2 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Ah, thanks Jakers. Now I understand! (and looking at the manual and switch location diagram I see what you are talking about - switch item numbers 71 and 72). Will try what you suggested to get things working correctly.

You're welcome. Good luck!

#653 2 years ago

Can someone do me a favor and go into flipper test mode and let me know how your flippers act when you test the "hold" on each one?

During the hold test, my lower flippers only make a faint sound but do not fire. My upper flipper fires and holds for about a second. Is this normal? I would think that the lower flippers should hold during the test like the upper flipper does.

Thanks.

#656 2 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

All fixed! Figured out it was the right switch. Removed it from the bottom, adjusted the metal bar, re-installed, and now the orbits work in both directions. Makes obtaining the bonus multiplier much easier!

Nice! Glad to hear it's working for you now.

#657 2 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

All fixed! Figured out it was the right switch. Removed it from the bottom, adjusted the metal bar, re-installed, and now the orbits work in both directions. Makes obtaining the bonus multiplier much easier!

Nice! Glad to hear it's working for you now.

#659 2 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

I have a wheel value question. On your games, does the wheel award always line up with the wheel value insert? On my game, when I run the test it always lines up perfectly, but when I am actually playing the game, it is often off a little, typically closer to the line of the award then in the center (hopefully that makes sense). Not sure why it works perfectly in test mode but not during game play. Is that how your games operate, and if not, any suggestions on how to fix/adjust? Thanks.

My wheel acts the same way.

#660 2 years ago

Does anyone know the part number for this switch? It's the switch on the left ramp that sits below the 3 flashers. I'm assuming it's the "left ramp make" switch. When I check the manual, it's listed as part# 20-10293 but that corresponds to the wrong part when I try to purchase one.

Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 10.37.40 AM (resized).png

#668 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Yes, and the game is really dirty. A lot of posts/rubbers that are the least bit hard to get, looks like they haven't been changed in a long time.
Everything works now, except for the right gopher down solenoid. I believe the solenoid is getting power, the gopher just doesn't drop.
Any hints as to how to best refurb that mech? It appears that I might have to remove the entire assembly. I'd rather not if I don't have to.
Robert

If the coil is getting power, my first guess would be that the release assembly is broken or not connected somehow. (Circled in green)

The whole gofer mech is simple to take out. All you do is unplug a couple wires and the entire thing is held onto the play field by a few screws.

Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 1.45.17 PM (resized).png

#677 2 years ago

I would swap the retracting coils. If the problem then moves to the left gofer then you know for sure the coil is the problem.

#678 2 years ago

Not sure if I'm just paranoid or not, but is this coil buzz coming from my slam ramp normal? I thought it was kind of loud so I replaced it with a new one and it is still just as loud. I disabled the wheel motor in this clip so you can hear only the slam ramp.

#681 2 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

My game does the same thing (sometimes). Not sure why only sometimes. Check out this topic as well (and I have felt under my slam ramp so that could be part of the issue) - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-good-gofers-floating-ramp-hum

Nice call! That was it. When I recently shopped out my Gofers, I added a little thicker felt to the slam ramp. I removed it and the buzz went away. Thanks nicknack!

2 weeks later
#693 2 years ago

I had a decent game going tonight when this happened. Ball search can't help this stuck ball. Does the "floating ramp guard" stop this from happening? I have one from Marco but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to install it.

IMG_1278 (resized).JPG

#696 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Yes the ball hang up repair kit is a 'must buy' for gofers

I have the floating ramp guard but don't know how to install it. Does it install on the floating ramp?...one of the posts next to the captive ball?... honestly, I kind of feel dumb for not being able to figure it out. I assume to stop this particular ball stick, the guard needs to be installed in the floating ramp.

#699 2 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Try this link to these instructions (see page 2). http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/4338/NGG_A_22599.pdf
If it isn't clear, I can take/post pictures of my game/slam ramp tomorrow since I have it installed on my game.

If you could take a picture that would be awesome. Thanks!

#702 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Any idea what might have happened as have a new fault.
The 3 flashers at top of p/f on both sides aren't coming on during multi-ball. Just happened out of the blue and no idea why?
Thanks

Is it just those 6 flashers up top or all flashers in the game? check fuse F107.

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 4.30.00 PM (resized).png

#706 2 years ago

Thanks Nicknack. My float ramp guard doesn't look like yours. This is what I have. Ideally, you shouldn't have to drill a hole into the float ramp to install this right?

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 12.21.30 PM (resized).png

1 week later
#725 1 year ago

Well I finally got around to figuring out my float ramp guard problem. The float ramp I bought from Marco is slightly different than the factory float ramp. The area is too skinny for the ramp guard to fit...which is strange because I bought the float ramp and the guard from Marco and they don't fit together. I had to modify the ramp guard with my dremmel to make it fit. Just thought I'd let you guys know if you ever encounter this problem.

IMG_1391 (resized).JPG

IMG_1390 (resized).jpg

IMG_1389 (resized).jpg

IMG_1386 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#748 1 year ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

Any of you guys install the art blades on your gofers ?? Would love to see how they look

Here's mine with side blades and backboard decal. I love the look. I have an extra set of side blades. PM me if you're interested.

IMG_1460 (resized).JPG

IMG_1461 (resized).JPG

IMG_1462 (resized).JPG

#753 1 year ago
Quoted from DMcNamara:

Love the look of the side blades and backboard decal - I have side blades en route to me now. Where did you get the backboard decal - Pinball Decals or somewhere else?

I got the backboard decal from Little Shop of Games. Great quality and fairly easy to install.

3 months later
#823 1 year ago

That happens on my left gofer every once and a while, and only during 2 player games. Left lock is lit but the ramp is closed. No matter how many times you hit that ramp, it will not count as a lock. My right ramp will count as a lock when lit with a closed ramp shot, just like your video shows. It seems like this would be a simple fix with a small code tweak.

3 months later
#855 1 year ago
Quoted from JoshinDC:

Did anyone ever answer the question about the post in the back left of the back wall?
Mine also has the ramp pinned under this post, but it seems to put some flex in the plastic. How is everyone else's set up?

I ended up putting the ramp plastic over top of the post. Seems like a ball would be less likely to get stuck with it like that.

3 weeks later
#859 1 year ago
Quoted from Brijam:

I'm almost done shopping out a new (to me) NGG and I have almost everything working great.
Can someone post pictures of how the top hole-in-one plastic ramp is secured, and how it sits on the playfield? The owner before me used duct tape, I'm pretty sure it didn't come that way from the factory.

Are you talking about the large upper play field clear plastic? If so, the back end of it sits in two slits in the backboard, then it's held down by one screw between the center ramp and right ramp.

#862 1 year ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Yes, that's the one. Thanks. Do you have a picture of what the parts look like resting on the playfield?

This is where you connect it to the playfield. The screw isn't secured all the way in this particular picture but you get the idea. I've since replaced that pan head screw with a flat top, counter sunk screw. It helps the screw head sit flush against the plastic and prevents random rejects from the ball bouncing off the rounded top of the original screw.

IMG_1074 (resized).jpg

#866 1 year ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Thanks. That's what I think I have. The bottom of that single post just sits on the playfield? I can't see how you would attach it.
Do you also happen to have a picture of the screw, or know what kind of screw goes into the backboard to hold the mini playfield in?

That post goes through the playfield just like any other post does. It's held on by a washer and nut underneath. For your other question, there is no screw that holds the upper playfield to the back board. It sits in the slit in the backboard and the entire playfield is held in place by the one screw I circled in my previous picture.

IMG_1035 (resized).jpg

4 months later
#935 12 months ago
Quoted from PinballCoug:

Does anyone have a tip on adjusting the ball guide at the end of the shooter lane so that it shoots cleanly up the left ramp?
Mine shoots high and hits the upper post at the left ramp (both manual and autoplunges). I've bent the end of the ball guide inward which fixes the problem for maybe one game then the problem returns.

You can loosen up the nuts that hold the ball guide from under the play field. The holes are big enough to allow for adjustments. I had the same problem when I first got my game.

1 month later
#981 10 months ago

When I have a translight that's too bright I put automotive tint behind the translight. That way I'm still getting even light distribution unlike removing bulbs and having hot spots.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.70
Boards
PinSound
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 89.99
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 89.99
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jakers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside