(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Marten

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,133 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by GoldenBear
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E8F554B-7665-4393-B5A7-C7C1539FBD6B (resized).jpeg
DAC7E899-1D88-447B-B994-BBE86E8A2E9D (resized).png
36-50061-PL (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7882 (resized).jpg
IMG_8510 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2773 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2709 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hocuslocus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#740 7 years ago

I had a quick question I recently installed a new slam ramp, the one from mantis and their ball guard. I had to shave it down a bit to fit better. I also had to add a little bit of jb weld to the coil stop so it would stop buzzing every time the slam ramp went down.

Every once in a while the slam ramp doesn't fully come up. I put grease on it and it seems to help to a degree, but the problem still occurs. the only other thing I could thing of is to replace that white thing the slam ramp armature goes through.

I'm still new to this game but some screwy things tend to happen, like in multi-ball on occasion you can shoot the middle ramp and jackpot goes off, doesn't happen often. should I be concerned or is this gofers? Think I've read that there were many bugs in the game that were never dealt with.

#746 7 years ago

yeah guess those springs can wear with time. metal fatigue.

2 months later
#814 6 years ago
Quoted from DavisJones:

I have a few things going on with my NGG, they are as follows:
1.The left ramp, which is the above the left gofers head, in two player will not go up when the lock is lit at all times.
2. The right outlane switch is interminent.
3. The right spinner to the right cart path is hung up on the clear acrylic that protects the play field from the ball coming down after an attempt at a hole in one.
4. A lot of times when I shoot the ball in the lock, of either ramp, it shoots right back out.
5. The right ramp will not stay up in lock mode at all times.
Any help would be appreciated.

1) only in two player mode? thats kind of strange
2) bend the wireform, run a ball through if its still messed up get a new switch. you can get them from digikey for cheap
3)something isn't put on correctly, or something is broken (hard to say without seeing it)
4)can't remember if it's a micro switch or an opto down there either way one of them isn't seeing the ball. (the connection to the switch might be broken off, the opto might be dirty or the micro switch might just be broken all together.)
5)I had the same thing happen to mine I think the catch was messed up but it's been a while, can you manually lift ramp to let it catch?
look at getting these
http://www.passionforpinball.com/ngg_catch.htm

you probably need to go through the switch test to test the ones in question. as for all the stuff in the gofer area I would recommend taking alot of pics, take it apart and clean it all thoroughly. it gets pretty nasty in there after a while.

#817 6 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

In 2-4 player mode you can lose a lock. It's a software bug and we discuss it in league nights and tourneys all the time: Player 1 raises the gofer, hits the gofer and lights LOCK. The ramp is open with the lock lit and P1 drains. Player 2 starts and the ramp release resets the ramp to the down position. They drain immediately. Now, P1 is up and LOCK is lit, AND the ramp is down. There is no way to lock the ball with the ramp down. It's not a game-breaking bug because you can get the lock to open up by getting the gofer to raise up and lift it into place. Hit the sand trap or start a mode and hope your gofer pops the ramp up while talking. The bug is in the game's lamp/DMD display which shows and tells you to shoot the ramp to lock, but that obviously doesn't work with the ramp down. I wish someone would fix the code to have it pop up both gofers between balls, or reset RAISE GOFER if players failed a lock.

huh, guess I've never noticed. I play two player every now and again. When I first got the game, something was wrong with the right ramp. it never wanted to stay up, it never really bothered me though because the game would still lock the ball when shooting over the ramp. I might be wrong, but I'm almost 100% that's the way it played. I can take a vid to show you.

#819 6 years ago

In 2-4 player mode you can lose a lock. It's a software bug and we discuss it in league nights and tourneys all the time: Player 1 raises the gofer, hits the gofer and lights LOCK. The ramp is open with the lock lit and P1 drains. Player 2 starts and the ramp release resets the ramp to the down position. They drain immediately. Now, P1 is up and LOCK is lit, AND the ramp is down. There is no way to lock the ball with the ramp down. It's not a game-breaking bug because you can get the lock to open up by getting the gofer to raise up and lift it into place. Hit the sand trap or start a mode and hope your gofer pops the ramp up while talking. The bug is in the game's lamp/DMD display which shows and tells you to shoot the ramp to lock, but that obviously doesn't work with the ramp down. I wish someone would fix the code to have it pop up both gofers between balls, or reset RAISE GOFER if players failed a lock.

ok, here is the video. Hopefully we are talking about the same thing.

#820 6 years ago
Quoted from DavisJones:

I have a few things going on with my NGG, they are as follows:
1.The left ramp, which is the above the left gofers head, in two player will not go up when the lock is lit at all times.
This could be a software glitch but I did find an issue with the golfer mech being loose.
2. The right outlane switch is interminent.
I have ordered a new switch. I tried everything else and no luck.
3. The right spinner to the right cart path is hung up on the clear acrylic that protects the play field from the ball coming down after an attempt at a hole in one.
I have seen pitcures on pinside to indicate that not everyone has the plastic protector installed. I will be removing it as well.
4. A lot of times when I shoot the ball in the lock, of either ramp, it shoots right back out.
This was caused by the gofers head plate not being level with the play field. On the left golfer and right golfer their are screws to level the gofers. Adjusted and now no issues.
5. The right ramp will not stay up in lock mode at all times.
The left ramp coil bracket(04-10974.1) was missing a piece and the coil assy(sm1-28-900-D.C.) was burned out. Also. The residual plate(01-6376) was no where to be found. I did find the spring but will be using a brand new one.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks all for the responses!

one thing I've been doing with all my 90's Williams games is in the orbits, since this seems to be a problem with all of them. I replace the V Shaped like wire forms for the more recent half circle wire forms. I only do this with the orbits. The half circle ones work great.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/180-5126-00

#822 6 years ago

Quoted from DANGERTERROR:Yeah your closed ramp locked the right gofer ball there for sure. Have you tried this with the left gofer lock?

nope, honestly never thought to try it. I'll give it a go tomorrow though. you think it's something wrong with the game itself? I've only played one other, but only played one player on it. so I honestly have no idea if this is normal behavior or not, just always assumed it was.

3 months later
#846 6 years ago

Yeah your closed ramp locked the right gofer ball there for sure. Have you tried this with the left gofer lock?

I forgot to get back to this, your right the left side stays down. It's a pain to get it back up, you have to shoot the left ramp x amount of times. to bad they never fixed this bug.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,800 (OBO)
4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hocuslocus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome?tu=hocuslocus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.