(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Marten

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,133 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by GoldenBear
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E8F554B-7665-4393-B5A7-C7C1539FBD6B (resized).jpeg
DAC7E899-1D88-447B-B994-BBE86E8A2E9D (resized).png
36-50061-PL (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7882 (resized).jpg
IMG_8510 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2773 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2709 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dudah.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#988 5 years ago

Joined the club today! This guy has been sitting in storage for the last 12 years. While it's in great shape overall, it's in need of some cosmetics.

While I cruise through this club's archive, here are my questions:

Slam ramp wear - does anyone make a nice decal that isn't $50? Have color codes for the paint?
Wheel decal - How are the repro ones? Textured? Any advantage either way?
Slam ramp - Mine is welded in a few spots. Should I just bite the bullet and get the Mantis one?
Slam ramp side posts - Mine are missing, where to get em?
Plastic protectors - Anyone make 'em?
Ball hangup mod - Anyone still making this? DIY version?

Thanks!

IMG_20180514_150357 (resized).jpgIMG_20180514_150357 (resized).jpg

#993 5 years ago

OK despite my slam ramp being spot welded, it seems to be in good shape.
Still missing the side posts. Marco has the posts.
Do I really need those special gray 23-6824 post rubbers? Or can I use any standard or wider (yellow) post rubber?

1 week later
#1006 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Anyone know what size roll pins are in those gofers?

The roll pin is still good. When working on them I tap them so they're barely still in, replace whatver part the hold in, then tap it back in place.

#1010 5 years ago

Any maintenance that needs to be done on the wheel? Lube?
I run the test in the menu and it lands one off from where it says it should.

1 month later
#1074 5 years ago

Anybody have an extra plastic that covers the captive ball?

ngg plastic (resized).jpgngg plastic (resized).jpg
#1075 5 years ago

Anyone have some scans of plastics?

3 weeks later
#1081 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I scanned this captive ball plastic anyway...and it wasn't easy to get any type of good result.
Robert
[quoted image]

Thank you! I'll likely make a repro it anyone else is in need

#1085 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thinking of joining the club with a trade for Terminator 2. Thoughts from members on a comparison between the 2 games?
Anything I need to be on the lookout for with this game?

You'd be coming out way ahead, price-wise and quality of game-wise

3 weeks later
#1090 5 years ago

Anyone have a lexan playfield protector?
I'm going to shop out my game and install mine this winter. Curious if I need to readjust where the slam ramp mounts on the mech to accomadate the extra thickness to preserve the protector.
I plan to put some padding under the slam ramp anyways.

1 month later
#1131 5 years ago

Can someone please post a photo of the wiring on the back of the backglass? I took mine off to clean and can't find the photo I took.

#1133 5 years ago

Weird, my bucket is slightly different. A couple less holes. My yellow strand is missing the last long lamp. Green string isn't lining up.

I'll just find a way to make them all fit in a hole, which is turning out to be a bit challenging

IMG_20181104_090723 (resized).jpgIMG_20181104_090723 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#1139 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Does this help Jacob?
[quoted image]

My posts were missing, got everything from Marco

3 weeks later
#1144 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCoug:

Upper right flipper coil. Do these diodes just fail sometimes or should I be looking for something else that could have caused it to fry?
[quoted image]

They fail sometimes. You should still trace the wiring back to ensure there wasn't a stuck on transistor that fried it. Check EOS switch is working. If you're ambitious take apart the flipper mech and see I'd you can remove the coil sleeve. If not you need to replace the coil.

#1145 5 years ago
Quoted from Sofus:

Hi I'm newbie in this great community. I bought my gofers in shabby condition 2 y ago, however its been fun shopping up and learning under way - trying to avoid soldering jobs thou. I hate to admit I haven't done scores over 30 mils and been blaming both my age, lack of experience - and the weak flippers. Getting a flipper rebuild kit really helped, and w the help of VID' excellent flipper upgrading guide I recently made a gap tool from an old credit card and set the correct gap, and adjusted the flipper angle with the outlane plastic. Whoa, that really helped - watch me now!
Has anyone experience w VIDs other recommendations for increasing flipper power, 1) how about exchanging EOS switch w the 03-7811 extra spring leaf on NGG? 2) What about exchanging/upgrading the flipper capacitators - is it worth doing?
Thanks

There are no flipper capacitors, the EOS switches only tell the game to switch from the high lower to the low power so would make no difference the switch type. The flippers are pretty perfect when working as designed.

#1152 5 years ago

Took advantage of a snowy Chicago day to start shopping out my game! While it's in great shape for it's age, it's pretty filthy!
I must say, using lug connectors instead of soldering onto coils is a massive headache saver. I was able to tear apart the whole game, easily removing every mech in just a couple hours!

I've shopped out a lot of 90's B/W games. This is my "newest" game and I feel the is by far the best designed one. Not a ton of hardware on the topside, very easy to maintenance anything, very easy to tear down underneath also. To the above point, I was please to find the spinners are one self contained unit. Sad it seemed like Williams really was on top of their manufacturing game when it ended.

IMG_20190119_173558 (resized).jpgIMG_20190119_173558 (resized).jpgIMG_20190119_173611 (resized).jpgIMG_20190119_173611 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190119_173550 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190119_173550 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#1161 5 years ago

Just got done shopping mine out - LED's, color matched silicone rubber, flipper rebuild, rebuilt pop bumpers, flame polished plastic, replaced all the coil sleeves, German playfield protector, flashinstinct decals, and a new disc decal! The top side of the playfield doesn't have a ton of pieces, and it all came together very easy and intuitively.
Also did a great job matching the paint and touching up some slam ramp damage - can't even tell with the game on.

Plays like a totally different game! I love the shots and how easily they all line up, great flow.

IMG_20190204_220452 (resized).jpgIMG_20190204_220452 (resized).jpgDSCN4624 (resized).JPGDSCN4624 (resized).JPGIMG_20190216_171450 (resized).jpgIMG_20190216_171450 (resized).jpgDSCN4635 (resized).JPGDSCN4635 (resized).JPGDSCN4636 (resized).JPGDSCN4636 (resized).JPGDSCN4638 (resized).JPGDSCN4638 (resized).JPGDSCN4639 (resized).JPGDSCN4639 (resized).JPGDSCN4641 (resized).JPGDSCN4641 (resized).JPGIMG_20190216_171457 (resized).jpgIMG_20190216_171457 (resized).jpg
#1164 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Did you have to adjust the slam ramp at all with the playfield protector on?

There's no way to adjust the slam ramp for that. I did add some felt on the bottom of it.

Like terror said, the protector is extremely thin. Got a bunch of games in on it last night and no signs of scratching the protector. PETG is very tough plastic.

2 weeks later
#1174 5 years ago

Has anyone noticed any bugs with the slam ramp lane switch and not triggering the slam ramp?

3 months later
#1210 4 years ago

I bought my NGG as a fun project to fix, play and sell. Now it's in excellent shape and I can't let go! It's an excellent Lawlor pin, shots feel great, nailed the theme.

#1212 4 years ago
Quoted from Pike614:

New to the club! Picked up a NGG this weekend and it played great...now suddenly the ball doesn't kick out of the subway above the pop bumpers. In test mode the solenoid fires and doesnt return the plunger to the resting position. Sleeve is clean..spring is good. Swapped in a new coil and same problem. Anyone else have this issue and know the cause?! Thanks!

There's an adjustment that disables it, go into your setting and poke around

3 weeks later
#1220 4 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

does anyone have a list of bulb type/color for led matching the inserts? just picked up a gofers and making it as nice as i can. trying to get an order together for leds.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L4EshUxfEYcuX8q3J6Lj2Hi3NUchQOU9PgqBnkGnxb0/edit?usp=drivesdk

3 weeks later
#1229 4 years ago

Be sure to put the game into switch test mode and test with a ball while the playfield is down

1 week later
#1239 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Fuck, tjats bad and that board impossible to find. Hopefully Chris hilber can fix.

It can easily be repaired

#1241 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinz:

That's what I thought (without knowing much about the cause). Take board off and replace resistors? Anyone have any idea what could have caused it? It was left on for 10 hours at home, but that shouldn't be the issue.

Diode could have shorted or opened up, who knows.
Get this and replace everything - https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=WPC95-HVP-KIT

1 week later
#1247 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Anyone have any tips for bulletproofing the gofer mechs?
The behaviour is just intermittent for me. Sometimes they come up ok. Many times you raise the gofer and it immediately goes down, awarding the hit.
Some times the gofer comes up to taunt and leaves the flap up like it's supposed to at the time, some times that flap falls down.
I put it in test mode and it all seems to work MOST of the time. I'm tired of them not being perfect though. Help?
I've opened them up and looked for anything broken but found nothing. Seemingly good play on the solenoids. Might be an accumulation of lots of small bits of wear?

Like anything else: Take everything apart, clean, replace coil sleeves, clean optos with a qtip soaked in 90+% rubbing alcohol. No lube.
If the gofer heads aren't cleaning up nice, you can lightly and carefully use a damp magic eraser.

Mine still worked fine, but I purchased some spare parts for the future, ya never know when parts will be unavailable!
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-7396.1
http://www.passionforpinball.com/ngg_catch.htm

#1248 4 years ago

[double post]

3 weeks later
#1258 4 years ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

I made a new custom decal set recently if anyone is interested.[quoted image]

I prefer the ones @flashinstinct made

6 months later
#1329 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Someone seriously needs to remake this bash toy.. Can't believe that no one has any...

It’s very easy to make silicone molds

#1331 4 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Do you know what material you would use to cast the new ones?

I don’t. Needs to be firm but flexible and take a beating. Maybe the guy who’s raking the ToM trunks put that info out there

1 week later
#1353 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I’ll probably just use a small nail to punch in out.

I'd recommend the correct tool for the job - https://www.amazon.com/Pieces-Gunsmithing-Removing-Automotive-Jewelry/dp/B07JNS1ZF7/ref=sr_1_4

1 month later
#1372 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Yep. I gave him 10k for this fine game. Just one thing I have to fix is some previous owner before him was a dick and put in a centre post. Now I have to fill it and sticker. Anybody done this sort of repair?

Oof.
I'd either leave it.
Other option is to pull it out, fill it, sand it, paint it.

7 months later
#1434 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Think it's worth trying to weld it?

That's interesting it failed there. If you weld it it will likely hold up for a very long time. In this scenario when there are nice OEM (Marco) or repro (Mantis) parts available, I just get one because you never know when you won't be able to find one.

1 month later
#1451 3 years ago

While I'm not in love with the theme, it's certainly executed well. What keeps this game in my home is the unique layout, the slam ramp, dual spinners, smooth and long ramps, and a loop and some pretty damn good code! Can't wait for soren to update it!

1 week later
#1455 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Is someone currently working on a code update? Or was that a polite poke at them to hopefully get them to do an update? I hope its currently being worked on.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-williams-and-bally-software-upgrades

Quoted from PinballCoug:

I noticed something strange today

Mine randomly doesn't activate the slam ramp when it should. I can't remember specific instances but it certainly happens. I'd write it up to bugs in the code.

3 weeks later
#1462 3 years ago
Quoted from Insanity_Falls:

Hi golfers,
I'm interested in trying to minimize the "clankiness" of my machine. A couple of questions:
1. How much play should the slam ramp have? I'd imagine it shouldn't be overtightened to prevent damage, but mine jangles on the way up and down and makes multiple noises as each corner touches the playfield at a slightly different time. Is this normal or do I need to tighten/replace anything?

Mine has no play. Disassemble and clean the whole assembly and make sure there's no wear being caused on the shaft. Replace the coil sleeve.

Quoted from TwilightZone:

Anyone install a playfield protector on NGG?

Works great on mine, just be sure to re-level your wheel and gofer mechs.

5 months later
#1534 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Bought the gopher off eBay. Hacked the switch with a relay triggered by the Pinduino.
Patch of outdoor turf.
Paper mache’ dirt mound. Hand-painted.
LED strip lights for illumination and an addressable strip for the color effect
Power to the GI and gopher from 6v d/c power supply activated by turning on the machine.
Bayonet sockets and 44 LEDs for the hole lights
Pinduino
I made a custom backdrop based on the backglass artwork. Printed on PVC at Fed Ex store.
The hole lights are plastic golf balls with vinyl stickers.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Very cool.
How did you get the hole # to sync up?

2 months later
#1561 2 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Its a good fail safe, but it must be the thinnest felt you can find, like fuzzy paper. More importantly, what 95% of people dont realize is, if properly adjusted, no part of the slam ramp should ever make contact with the playfield!

How is it adjusted? All the mounting holes were static from what I remember

2 months later
#1652 2 years ago

I frickin' love the slam ramp!

2 weeks later
#1670 2 years ago

A local machine shop could make one real easy. If I ever get back into the hackerspace I'll keep this in mind.

1 year later
#2052 4 months ago

Love the game, layout, toys, rules.
HATE the theme.

1 month later
#2081 3 months ago

I played one at Expo. The CGI gofers turned me off when I first saw the kit online. The game at Expo was a little dirty/needed new rubbers so it wasn't the best playing experience. Couldn't hear what was happening in the game so I walked away after a quick bad game.

1 week later
#2092 3 months ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Got the itch to dive in on my slam ramp playfield wear before buttoning this game up with the repaired boards from CH.
As you can see the dimple on the inside post of the slam ramp was pretty deep and the outside post had damage too.
There was a previous mediocre attempt to repair the larger inside divot in the past, evident by some yellow paint coming off on the old Mylar.
The Mylar came off brilliantly with the upside down air can. Only one tiny section pulled paint, about the size of a pencil point.
I took about a week to fill the divots with paint and let it dry before adding more layers to build it up. Then knocked it down flat with some polish and a T-shirt on a credit card. Same method I use for fixing paint chips on cars.
The paint I used was DecoArt “Bright Yellow”. I could only find satin finish but it’s not the end of the world with shiny Mylar going overtop.
The paint match is 90% and about as good as I could do without extensive blending that might have been impossible to do anyway.
Pretty happy with how it came out. Not perfect, but better than before.
Hoping with the felt I’ve added below the ramp and posts now, that it won’t pound down into my paint fix over time. If this Mylar ever needs to be removed, it’s going to peel the paint repair right up with it and it’ll be starting from ground zero again.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yellow is very tough to match, I'd say that's pretty dang good!

3 weeks later
#2098 69 days ago
Quoted from Nintegageo:

Does anyone know if there's a green tinted plastic playfield? I got the blue side ramps, and think it would look great with the theme.

Never heard of it, but it sounds cool! One of the ramp guys could probably do it. Big piece with lots of bends, decals and flashers riveted; wouldn't be cheap!

Quoted from SimplePin:

Big shoutout to Sonic for the assistance in troubleshooting my switches. An asset to to the hobby.

What was the resolution so the next guy can find it?

1 month later
#2115 29 days ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Hi all, I just finished a new alternate Translite for No Good Gofers. Here's the ink drawing before I added color. Lots of mayhem going on in this one!
I'll post the final here once I get more photos, but you can see it or grab one here:
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product-category/pinball-and-arcade-artwork/
Thank you![quoted image]

LOVE IT

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

4,800 (OBO)
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dudah.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome?tu=dudah and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.