(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Apekop

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,267 posts
  • 191 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by 2pupPinz
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 280 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190913_225938 (resized).jpg
NGG-proof (resized).jpg
5F250091-857F-4553-A8AD-C00878293C21 (resized).jpeg
78642045-7133-48E2-96FB-62D884437B90 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20190819_175330 (resized).jpg
20190817_161121 (resized).jpg
20190813_190920 (resized).jpg
18D4DF9C-26AB-47D9-987C-F4CA4829602F (resized).jpeg
8AB00D0B-3CE1-409D-87D2-7E334E41B3A0 (resized).jpeg
A36A2BC4-6D60-4027-B3EF-623294A917E8 (resized).jpeg
8682D620-6AAC-4EF3-868C-4C352527D727 (resized).jpeg
4D6EDDF6-47A9-4F36-805E-36F0D2762EA1 (resized).jpeg
89A1A141-06A9-49F0-BCC2-E8F63FB58E6D (resized).jpeg
32F677F6-009C-4163-919D-82200B2B15A2 (resized).jpeg
C21348CF-F5D4-4EA0-8FAA-9DC8DBA464E9 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dudah.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#988 1 year ago

Joined the club today! This guy has been sitting in storage for the last 12 years. While it's in great shape overall, it's in need of some cosmetics.

While I cruise through this club's archive, here are my questions:

Slam ramp wear - does anyone make a nice decal that isn't $50? Have color codes for the paint?
Wheel decal - How are the repro ones? Textured? Any advantage either way?
Slam ramp - Mine is welded in a few spots. Should I just bite the bullet and get the Mantis one?
Slam ramp side posts - Mine are missing, where to get em?
Plastic protectors - Anyone make 'em?
Ball hangup mod - Anyone still making this? DIY version?

Thanks!

IMG_20180514_150357 (resized).jpg

#993 1 year ago

OK despite my slam ramp being spot welded, it seems to be in good shape.
Still missing the side posts. Marco has the posts.
Do I really need those special gray 23-6824 post rubbers? Or can I use any standard or wider (yellow) post rubber?

1 week later
#1006 1 year ago
Quoted from evh347:

Anyone know what size roll pins are in those gofers?

The roll pin is still good. When working on them I tap them so they're barely still in, replace whatver part the hold in, then tap it back in place.

#1010 1 year ago

Any maintenance that needs to be done on the wheel? Lube?
I run the test in the menu and it lands one off from where it says it should.

1 month later
#1074 1 year ago

Anybody have an extra plastic that covers the captive ball?

ngg plastic (resized).jpg
#1075 1 year ago

Anyone have some scans of plastics?

3 weeks later
#1081 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I scanned this captive ball plastic anyway...and it wasn't easy to get any type of good result.
Robert
[quoted image]

Thank you! I'll likely make a repro it anyone else is in need

#1085 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thinking of joining the club with a trade for Terminator 2. Thoughts from members on a comparison between the 2 games?
Anything I need to be on the lookout for with this game?

You'd be coming out way ahead, price-wise and quality of game-wise

3 weeks later
#1090 1 year ago

Anyone have a lexan playfield protector?
I'm going to shop out my game and install mine this winter. Curious if I need to readjust where the slam ramp mounts on the mech to accomadate the extra thickness to preserve the protector.
I plan to put some padding under the slam ramp anyways.

1 month later
#1131 11 months ago

Can someone please post a photo of the wiring on the back of the backglass? I took mine off to clean and can't find the photo I took.

#1133 11 months ago

Weird, my bucket is slightly different. A couple less holes. My yellow strand is missing the last long lamp. Green string isn't lining up.

I'll just find a way to make them all fit in a hole, which is turning out to be a bit challenging

IMG_20181104_090723 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#1139 9 months ago
Quoted from evh347:

Does this help Jacob?
[quoted image]

My posts were missing, got everything from Marco

3 weeks later
#1144 9 months ago
Quoted from PinballCoug:

Upper right flipper coil. Do these diodes just fail sometimes or should I be looking for something else that could have caused it to fry?
[quoted image]

They fail sometimes. You should still trace the wiring back to ensure there wasn't a stuck on transistor that fried it. Check EOS switch is working. If you're ambitious take apart the flipper mech and see I'd you can remove the coil sleeve. If not you need to replace the coil.

#1145 9 months ago
Quoted from Sofus:

Hi I'm newbie in this great community. I bought my gofers in shabby condition 2 y ago, however its been fun shopping up and learning under way - trying to avoid soldering jobs thou. I hate to admit I haven't done scores over 30 mils and been blaming both my age, lack of experience - and the weak flippers. Getting a flipper rebuild kit really helped, and w the help of VID' excellent flipper upgrading guide I recently made a gap tool from an old credit card and set the correct gap, and adjusted the flipper angle with the outlane plastic. Whoa, that really helped - watch me now!
Has anyone experience w VIDs other recommendations for increasing flipper power, 1) how about exchanging EOS switch w the 03-7811 extra spring leaf on NGG? 2) What about exchanging/upgrading the flipper capacitators - is it worth doing?
Thanks

There are no flipper capacitors, the EOS switches only tell the game to switch from the high lower to the low power so would make no difference the switch type. The flippers are pretty perfect when working as designed.

#1152 8 months ago

Took advantage of a snowy Chicago day to start shopping out my game! While it's in great shape for it's age, it's pretty filthy!
I must say, using lug connectors instead of soldering onto coils is a massive headache saver. I was able to tear apart the whole game, easily removing every mech in just a couple hours!

I've shopped out a lot of 90's B/W games. This is my "newest" game and I feel the is by far the best designed one. Not a ton of hardware on the topside, very easy to maintenance anything, very easy to tear down underneath also. To the above point, I was please to find the spinners are one self contained unit. Sad it seemed like Williams really was on top of their manufacturing game when it ended.

IMG_20190119_173558 (resized).jpgIMG_20190119_173611 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190119_173550 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#1161 7 months ago

Just got done shopping mine out - LED's, color matched silicone rubber, flipper rebuild, rebuilt pop bumpers, flame polished plastic, replaced all the coil sleeves, German playfield protector, flashinstinct decals, and a new disc decal! The top side of the playfield doesn't have a ton of pieces, and it all came together very easy and intuitively.
Also did a great job matching the paint and touching up some slam ramp damage - can't even tell with the game on.

Plays like a totally different game! I love the shots and how easily they all line up, great flow.

IMG_20190204_220452 (resized).jpgDSCN4624 (resized).JPGIMG_20190216_171450 (resized).jpgDSCN4635 (resized).JPGDSCN4636 (resized).JPGDSCN4638 (resized).JPGDSCN4639 (resized).JPGDSCN4641 (resized).JPGIMG_20190216_171457 (resized).jpg
#1164 7 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Did you have to adjust the slam ramp at all with the playfield protector on?

There's no way to adjust the slam ramp for that. I did add some felt on the bottom of it.

Like terror said, the protector is extremely thin. Got a bunch of games in on it last night and no signs of scratching the protector. PETG is very tough plastic.

2 weeks later
#1174 7 months ago

Has anyone noticed any bugs with the slam ramp lane switch and not triggering the slam ramp?

3 months later
#1210 4 months ago

I bought my NGG as a fun project to fix, play and sell. Now it's in excellent shape and I can't let go! It's an excellent Lawlor pin, shots feel great, nailed the theme.

#1212 4 months ago
Quoted from Pike614:

New to the club! Picked up a NGG this weekend and it played great...now suddenly the ball doesn't kick out of the subway above the pop bumpers. In test mode the solenoid fires and doesnt return the plunger to the resting position. Sleeve is clean..spring is good. Swapped in a new coil and same problem. Anyone else have this issue and know the cause?! Thanks!

There's an adjustment that disables it, go into your setting and poke around

3 weeks later
#1220 3 months ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

does anyone have a list of bulb type/color for led matching the inserts? just picked up a gofers and making it as nice as i can. trying to get an order together for leds.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L4EshUxfEYcuX8q3J6Lj2Hi3NUchQOU9PgqBnkGnxb0/edit?usp=drivesdk

3 weeks later
#1229 74 days ago

Be sure to put the game into switch test mode and test with a ball while the playfield is down

1 week later
#1239 62 days ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Fuck, tjats bad and that board impossible to find. Hopefully Chris hilber can fix.

It can easily be repaired

#1241 62 days ago
Quoted from Kiwipinz:

That's what I thought (without knowing much about the cause). Take board off and replace resistors? Anyone have any idea what could have caused it? It was left on for 10 hours at home, but that shouldn't be the issue.

Diode could have shorted or opened up, who knows.
Get this and replace everything - https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=WPC95-HVP-KIT

1 week later
#1247 55 days ago
Quoted from cait001:

Anyone have any tips for bulletproofing the gofer mechs?
The behaviour is just intermittent for me. Sometimes they come up ok. Many times you raise the gofer and it immediately goes down, awarding the hit.
Some times the gofer comes up to taunt and leaves the flap up like it's supposed to at the time, some times that flap falls down.
I put it in test mode and it all seems to work MOST of the time. I'm tired of them not being perfect though. Help?
I've opened them up and looked for anything broken but found nothing. Seemingly good play on the solenoids. Might be an accumulation of lots of small bits of wear?

Like anything else: Take everything apart, clean, replace coil sleeves, clean optos with a qtip soaked in 90+% rubbing alcohol. No lube.
If the gofer heads aren't cleaning up nice, you can lightly and carefully use a damp magic eraser.

Mine still worked fine, but I purchased some spare parts for the future, ya never know when parts will be unavailable!
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-7396.1
http://www.passionforpinball.com/ngg_catch.htm

#1248 55 days ago

[double post]

3 weeks later
#1258 34 days ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

I made a new custom decal set recently if anyone is interested.[quoted image]

I prefer the ones @flashinstinct made

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Sale Pending!
Minneapolis, MN
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dudah.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside