(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Marten

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,133 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by GoldenBear
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E8F554B-7665-4393-B5A7-C7C1539FBD6B (resized).jpeg
DAC7E899-1D88-447B-B994-BBE86E8A2E9D (resized).png
36-50061-PL (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7882 (resized).jpg
IMG_8510 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2773 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2709 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blackstorm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#303 8 years ago

Dangerterror

Also, when your taking the gofer apart check the shaft. There is a roll pin that holds the shaft together in the middle and sometimes can wiggle out a bit. It slides through the coil sleeve and catches the sleeve preventing the gofer to go all the way up. This has happened to me a couple times. Had to take the whole gofer mech apart and pull the shaft out of the coil and hammer the roll pin back in. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#305 8 years ago

Obviously you know your gofer mechs and have them properly put together since you've done this a few times. Maybe try swapping whole bud and buzz mechs around and see if your problem switches sides (I have not done this but would think u could easily swap). If it stays on the same side it might be the sensor if not then that's ruled out. If it switches then you know it's in the mech, maybe bad coil etc just trying to narrow it down

1 month later
#334 8 years ago

Hotdog inserts tend to warp easier than other inserts because of their shape and size which causes them to crack away from the factory clear coat making them loosen up and raise. Some can be a tight fit. Others can be loose and be pushed down but will raise back up. You can seal it under neath the playfield to hold it.

1 month later
#344 8 years ago

That whole gofer mech has a bunch of parts but I've taken them apart and put them back together a lot. Don't worry about it. It's easy. Your first time doing it so just take pictures so if you forget you can look back to see how everything goes on place. If I remember correctly after taking the whole mech out the plate on top of the gofers and the gofers themselves come off first so you shouldn't have any problems.

#346 8 years ago

Yes take the mech out from underside of playfield. You will have to disconnect the wires to it but they just clip in. Then unscrew the plate on top of the gofers head and then there will be a bolt that holds the gofers head on that you unscrew. Pull the head off. It's not a full head it is just the front and sides. It's been awhile since I've did it so I'm just going by memory. Should be simple. If you get confused shoot me a pm and I'll take mine out and walk you through it

3 months later
#412 8 years ago

I have a chip on the bottom of my sand trap banana insert. What makes it hard is that the playfield has a factory clear coat over the whole playfield. My insert lettering and everything is still there but the clear coat chipped away and I thought I could just put some clear down on the spot but I was told that if I want to fix it properly I have to put the clear on the insert chip area and make it level and then I'd have to clear coat again over the whole playfield to make it look uniform. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I've been told and I have no experience in that so it sounds to difficult for me to do.

#414 8 years ago

Does this help?

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

6 months later
#483 7 years ago

Make sure the plates on the gofer heads are level with the playfield. If they are a hair off it can cause the ball to jump a little and hit the ramp and the ball will not go all the way back to lock. These can be adjusted up or down on the bottom of the gofer mechs

3 months later
#615 7 years ago

No never. It looks like your slam ramp is angled to much to the right which is leaving that big of gap allowing a ball to get stuck

1 month later
#683 7 years ago

If your guys gofer mechs don't fall check the shaft of the gofer mech. You will have to disassemble the whole gofer and pull it out of the coil. There is a roll pin connecting the 2 pieces of the shaft that can wiggle out a bit which causes it to catch on the sleeve. If it's out a bit tap it back in and reassemble. This has happened to me a few times. Hope this helps

#692 7 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

blackstorm, you weren't kidding...I pulled Buzz out today (thank god for magnetic nut drivers) and took a peak. It didn't take long to see the problem at all.
The hex bolt that binds Buzz to the shaft wasn't just loose...it fell out. I looked at Bud for reference and I could see there was a hex nut that was securing the hex bolt. Now where was the hex nut for the bolt going through Buzz? Oh....what's this? Two loose hex nuts and a screw (from I don't know where) floating around in the bottom of the cabinet.
I secured the hex bolt with the hex nut and now Buzz is working good. In fact, he's more mobile than I'm used to seeing. Now I'm gonna wonder all night where that other loose hex nut and mysterious screw need to go. Guess I'll keep playing the pin and eventually something will materialize.
Thanks for the help!

Glad you found the problem!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

4,800 (OBO)
5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blackstorm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome?tu=blackstorm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.