(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Marten

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,133 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by GoldenBear
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E8F554B-7665-4393-B5A7-C7C1539FBD6B (resized).jpeg
DAC7E899-1D88-447B-B994-BBE86E8A2E9D (resized).png
36-50061-PL (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7882 (resized).jpg
IMG_8510 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2773 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2709 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alveolus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Yeah I got mine from a guy that said he had just gotten it shopped. Just to show you this is what I got when it was delivered.

That was the least of my problems. The gopher catch plates were none existent. There was dirt everywhere.

sleeve.jpg 92 KB

I'm not exactly sure what that is, but it doesn't look stock

4 months later
#61 9 years ago
Quoted from ParaBax:

Does anyone have any tips on aligning the shooter lane and the ramp to get the ball to successfully go up to the driving range at plunge? I'm not even talking about the auto-fire, on my NGG only about 10% of the plunges will actually go up the ramp, most shots bounce back and forth along the sides of the first 6" of the ramp and come back down. I've inspected the plunger and its already aligned pretty centered on the ball. I think perhaps the gate that protects the shooter lane is altering its trajectory.

I'm pretty sure you can adjust the ball guide to allow the ball to hit the ramp cleanly.

1 year later
#604 7 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

noticed a couple of things while playing. Slam ramp is not going down all the time when lit, I'm thinking it appears when it rolls over the inner lane switch and the automatic plunger doesn't seem to be able to shoot the balls up the left ramp anymore or just barely gets them up there. Manual getting them up there fine. It was getting them up there fine but last night they were rolling back as they got to the top of the ramp.

Go into switch test in diagnostics and roll the ball over the inlane switch several times to make sure it is registering consistently. If it is then go into solenoid test and see if the slam ramp energizes (coin door closed) and report back.

1 week later
#611 7 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

So I tested and the left inlane registers when I press down on the switch, and most of the time when the ball goes over but does miss sometimes. It missed once when rolling the ball when testing out of 5 tests or so and missed last night during the game. What have people done to make it more consistent?

Unless the switch is activating when the actuator is too low for a rolling ball to reliably trigger it, you're better off just replacing the thing.

1 month later
#719 7 years ago

A separate bonus for completing 18 holes would be news to me!

3 months later
#810 6 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

What color is your shooter spring? My shooter will not launch a ball that will go all the way up the upper left ramp. I'm going to replace the barrel spring and shooter sleeve, but should I install a stronger (red?) spring? The manual calls for a 10-148-1 which is a medium to strong spring.
Thanks,
Alan

Are you sure the ball is entering the ramp cleanly? If not adjusted well, the ball has a tendency to rattle at the ramp entrance. This can be solved by some adjustment of the ball guide exiting the shooter lane.

2 years later
#1253 4 years ago

Here is my constom NGG topper. Please note that it is a work in progress.

The game integration is very basic as I am struggling with learning the programming of the Pinduino as well as figuring out how to access more inputs to allow for more specificity in the triggering logic.

78642045-7133-48E2-96FB-62D884437B90 (resized).jpeg78642045-7133-48E2-96FB-62D884437B90 (resized).jpeg

6 months later
#1340 4 years ago

Anyone have any high definition art files for NGG? I’m wanting to print a background graphic for my gopher topper.

Thanks!

1 month later
#1362 3 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

What have you guys done for lighting to make it look right? Most games i'm content with all natural white comet 4smd or frosted, but I feel like they have given my pin a little bit of a hospital operating room type of look on the top half.
Typically I don't colorize the led's, but i'm feeling like in the case of this pin I may need to.
Do mirror blades help spread the lighting better?
Adding the decals to all the ramps has helped, but I still feel like i'm missing something.

Try sunlight bulbs

1 year later
#1528 2 years ago

I have further modified my custom topper. I think this will be the final version.

#1532 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Very nice!!! Is that the teed off gopher?!?? Spill the beans and detail your buildout! Would love to see some photos if willing to share!

Bought the gopher off eBay. Hacked the switch with a relay triggered by the Pinduino.

Patch of outdoor turf.

Paper mache’ dirt mound. Hand-painted.

LED strip lights for illumination and an addressable strip for the color effect

Power to the GI and gopher from 6v d/c power supply activated by turning on the machine.

Bayonet sockets and 44 LEDs for the hole lights

Pinduino

I made a custom backdrop based on the backglass artwork. Printed on PVC at Fed Ex store.

The hole lights are plastic golf balls with vinyl stickers.
6E66A6E8-C12F-45A8-8F03-3E5E37C5B906 (resized).jpeg6E66A6E8-C12F-45A8-8F03-3E5E37C5B906 (resized).jpeg
488D843F-4FFC-4112-A2A2-82B9F1293428 (resized).jpeg488D843F-4FFC-4112-A2A2-82B9F1293428 (resized).jpeg

#1533 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Bought the gopher off eBay.
Patch of outdoor turf.
Paper mache’ dirt mound. Hand-painted.
LED strip lights for illumination and an addressable strip for the color effects
Pinduino
I made a custom backdrop based on the backglass artwork.
The hole lights are plastic golf balls with vinyl stickers.[quoted image]

1 week later
#1535 2 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Very cool.
How did you get the hole # to sync up?

Thanks!

I used a simple but non-elegant solution of running basically jumper wires from the lamp board to the topper.

I thought about trying to work from the driver board but I didn’t have the parts and figuring out how to do it was making my head spin a bit so I went with the easy way.

2 months later
#1568 2 years ago
Quoted from micmse:

My husband and I have a NGG delivered yesterday but unfortunately we have not really been able to play because there are some issues we were not expecting. The first one we fixed with a fuse but now the ball is going into the putting green and nothing happens. After a few seconds the machine starts to do the ball searching but is never able to find the ball.
We have tested the solenoids individually and the clubhouse kicker will fire once and then won't fire again until we test a different solenoid and come back to the clubhouse kicker. Unfortunately the store we bought this from is in California and we are in Missouri add that to pinball repair "newbies" and you have a house of upset pinballers. Any words of advice?

So, it successfully kicks the ball out in solenoid test?

#1571 2 years ago
Quoted from micmse:

Ok played a few games and now get a switch 12 error. I have checked the manual but don't see 12 labeled anywhere other than in the matrix. Can someone tell me where it is located?

Left ramp make. It is the roll-under switch on the L ramp return underneath the flasher trio.

1 year later
#1800 1 year ago
Quoted from Run_dll:

Just brought home my Gofers! Proud to be a part of the club! I do have one quick question though.
I've levelled it but a full plunge doesn't make it up the left ramp to set up the Hole in One shot. It rattles off the posts at the bottom of the ramp as it tries to go up. Is this a levelling issue? I had it at 7.5 degrees and taken back down to 6.5 but it still does it. The metal bracket over the top of the plunger is loose aswell so it seems the plunger gets caught on it sometimes. Is it like this on your machines?

At the end of the ball guide there will be a wood screw that secures the guide. You will probably need to move a plastic to access the screw. Loosen the screw and adjust the angle of the guide in the direction needed then retighten the screw. There should be just enough “wiggle room” to fix your issue.

5 months later
#1881 10 months ago
Quoted from GoldenBear:

This was posted 5 years ago without an answer. Mine does this occasionally, not certain if it is just after my playfield was up but anyone else have this happen?

My guess would be a phantom switch closure that makes the game think that the ball is in play but found it’s way back in the shooter lane so it launches it.

Maybe go into switch test and bang around and see if anything is intermittently registering.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,800 (OBO)
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alveolus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome?tu=alveolus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.