(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Marten

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,133 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by GoldenBear
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E8F554B-7665-4393-B5A7-C7C1539FBD6B (resized).jpeg
DAC7E899-1D88-447B-B994-BBE86E8A2E9D (resized).png
36-50061-PL (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7882 (resized).jpg
IMG_8510 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2773 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2709 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PTHermes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#710 7 years ago

Hello everyone, just joined the club last week. Hoping someone can look at the pic of the back glass lighting and tell me if the splices are normal. Also what bulbs are supposed to go in the black holders?

tmp_5443-20170211_141957-1275066638.jpgtmp_5443-20170211_141957-1275066638.jpg

tmp_5443-20170211_141942598849150.jpgtmp_5443-20170211_141942598849150.jpg

#714 7 years ago

Thank you sevenrites!! I'm sure I'll be asking for more help as I dig in and ship the machine.

2 weeks later
#758 7 years ago

Has anyone used a SmartDMD or DMD Extender on Gofers? I've searched but came up with only Color DMD. I would like to make a larger display is possible, which is why I'm asking about the DMD Extender options.

#763 7 years ago

Starting to get an order together for a shop job and realized that I need to remount the left and right flash lamp assemblies - they just aren't mounted right... Does anyone know what size spacer posts go where? Can't find it in the manual.
20170306_205242 (resized).jpg20170306_205242 (resized).jpg

Also, I found these wire taps on the line to the middle spotlight on the right ramp. I can't imagine this is normal, but figured I'd ask before tracing through the harness.
20170306_203822 (resized).jpg20170306_203822 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#777 7 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Taking the gofers apart is not that bad. Just take a few pictures. Honestly, the best tips I can give you is give yourself plenty of light, a magnetic tray to place your screws/nuts as you remove them, and use a magnetic tipped nut driver. Make sure your machine power is OFF. Another tip is to take breaks...I have found myself getting frustrated, losing my grip on an insignificant nut...and then I start shaking the machine (no balls installed) to get the nut to fall out into the bottom of the cabinet. Bad move...with the loose gofer, it came out and ripped all four connections to the two optos and I had to pull the solder iron out to fix that.
Really, when you're just starting out, take pictures and disassemble slowly. After 1-2 times, its easy to pull them out and reinstall. I can do it now in under 2 minutes and completely disassembled in 7 minutes.
NGG is my first pinball machine. I spend more time under the hood than I do playing it. It can be just as interesting figuring out how the whole thing works as it is playing it.

The #25 nut is a nyloc nut, and should only be used 1 or 2 times before it is replaced. They can also get old and brittle... It relies on the screw threads gripping into the plastic insert to keep it from falling off, not toque like a traditional nut in a metal joint. You can find them at most hardware stores and are worth the 30cents to just replace them next time your working on the machine.

1 month later
#795 6 years ago

So my back-box connector is hacked, could someone tell me if the backbox ever changes during gameplay? Mine is just always on with the 5 random flashers working. In test mode GI strings 4 & 5 don't seem to turn anything on/off, just wondering if the backbox is wired wrong and I should look into it.

5 months later
#877 6 years ago
Quoted from robm:

It is completely missing the backglass - wondering if anyone had a scan of the backglass or translite that i could get printed up - feel free to PM me if you do.

Mine is flaking bad on the edges, I too would be interested in a scan or print if anyone has one.

1 month later
#890 6 years ago

Could someone confirm the length of the post that mounts the upper playfield? I am replacing, and think mine is too short since it has a marks from the right gofer ramp hitting it.

#892 6 years ago

Yes, please measure the post. Has anyone used a washer our something to space up the mini playfield? I don't want to scratch the new one after waiting so long to replace it.

1 month later
#905 6 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

I am planning on buying an NVRAM for my game, but not sure which chip type to go with. I obviously know that NGG is a WPC-95 game, but on Pinitech's website, it says those type games "could use either a 62256 SRAM or 6264 SRAM". I have done other Williams games before and simply matched the number from the existing RAM on the game with the replacement I needed.

However, on my Gofers, the existing chip doesn't seem to list one or the other of 62256 or 6264. Anyone have an idea or recommendation for which NVRAM chip to purchase?

I choose not to NVRAM because I wasn't comfortable soldering in a socket. I did un-solder the battery holder from the board and install a remote one in the bottom behind the speaker.

2 months later
#982 6 years ago

I think you can add the GIOCD board, and program it to dim the back-box lighting once a game is started.

1 week later
#984 6 years ago

I'd have to check, but I thought NGG took 4 balls, not 6.

2 weeks later
#987 5 years ago

PinBuck Please check out the mini-playfield I have in the market place: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/58274

Swap out isn't hard, just takes some time. The whole upper assembly is actually only held on by one screw. My advice is to find the harnesses that go up there for the lights and switches and disconnect, and free those before you remove the screw. Once the single screw comes out, you pull it forward about an inch, and carefully maneuver it out between the ramps. Once removed, it is fairly simple to remove and transfer all the parts. A few wires need to be zip-tied to the bottom, but not tricky at all.

1 month later
#1022 5 years ago

Schamattack awesome grab, I saw that on CL and almost thought of buying a second. If you need to do any comparison or need any pics let me know I'm right down the road in Oak Creek.

4 months later
#1132 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Can someone please post a photo of the wiring on the back of the backglass? I took mine off to clean and can't find the photo I took.

Not the best picture, and my wiring harness it hacked, but this may help you with lamp placement. All the black bodies should be 455 random flash bulbs.

20180326_200116 (resized).jpg20180326_200116 (resized).jpg

Also check out post #712: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome/page/15#post-3593667

6 months later
#1207 4 years ago
Quoted from dawasa:

Does anyone have a Ball Trap kit A-22599 that they can sell me? I need one. Mainly something for the slam ramp. Please PM me? Thanks

You can't find it as a kit, but you can find the individual items per the bulletin.
https://www.ipdb.org/files/4338/NGG_A_22599.pdf

Ramp piece
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=01-15002

1 year later
#1449 3 years ago

Has anyone else gotten tired of unplugging the back-glass and installed a light board? Did this the past weekend and eliminated the tub. Used LED strips for most of of it, but still installed 5 sockets for the 555 blinkers. Had most of the parts around the workshop, only ran out and spent $2 on the bolt latch. Used JM for sizing the board.

20210207_141239 (resized).jpg20210207_141239 (resized).jpg20210207_141246 (resized).jpg20210207_141246 (resized).jpg20210207_141249 (resized).jpg20210207_141249 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1464 3 years ago

Regarding the slam ramp: How is everyone's ramp for "twist"? The play on mine after replacing the coil sleeve and nyliner is minimal, but it has 5-10 degrees of twist-ability in it. I realize the custom 10-32 SHCS is supposed to hold the ramp straight, but it is really sloppy.

9 months later
#1621 2 years ago

JT-Pinball I would recommend test fitting your upper playfield now and checking that balls on the main play field don't hit the leading edge. I bought the replacement from PPS and had to heat and bend the front edge up about 3/8" because the ball was catching it. If yours is the same, it is much easier to do now than after everything is mounted.

gofers modify (resized).jpggofers modify (resized).jpg

#1624 2 years ago
Quoted from JT-Pinball:

How did you heat it with out messing it up. Heat gun?

I have a homemade version of this, that run off my drill battery. It drains quickly, but I can usually 2-3 bends before I have to charge the battery.

#1640 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Part needed: backglass panel. Seems like unobtanium. Anyone have a source?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9419-50061A
Thanks in advance...

Take a look at Post 1449 - I eliminated the TUB and put in a hinged board like other machines before they started cutting costs. I like being able to remove the glass without struggling with the plug.

8 months later
#1780 1 year ago

allsportdvd I ordered and received a no-bend Mini-playfield from Planetary. Balls hit it like crazy and I had to put the bend in. The other solution is to use a slightly taller mounting post until balls clear.

#1782 1 year ago

I have a homemade line heater made from some Ni chrome wire. Sort of like this

, but I use an 18V drill battery. I clamped some scrape wood on either side of the bend line, heated for ~4 minutes, bent it and held it at the angle until cool.

7 months later
#1842 11 months ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

I sure wish they would make replacements for the backbox light tub. Mine is so brittle I have had to reinforce most of the socket holes.

TimBoch - With LED strips it is pretty straightforward to replace the whole tube with a more traditional light board, just need a piece of wood, some hinges and a latch. I used strips for the general lighting and kept sockets for the flashing bulbs.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome/page/29#post-6133887

2 weeks later
#1875 10 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I don't know what's missing.
[quoted image]

I removed the tower of spot lights from mine. With LEDs in them they would fall out from vibration and it also clears up visibility of the left ramp shot. With LEDs in the GI they aren't as neecesary, but I put an LED strip across the back, under the glass channel to keep the upper playfield well lit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

4,800 (OBO)
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PTHermes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome?tu=PTHermes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.