(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Marten

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,133 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by GoldenBear
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E8F554B-7665-4393-B5A7-C7C1539FBD6B (resized).jpeg
DAC7E899-1D88-447B-B994-BBE86E8A2E9D (resized).png
36-50061-PL (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7882 (resized).jpg
IMG_8510 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2773 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2709 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Marten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Well, I think it's time somebody started a No Good Gofers Club. So here it is!
I'll start off with something that I've wondered about.
Ever since I did a flipper rebuild on my NGG I've had trouble hitting the hole-in-one shot.
The balls usually fly over it and I only score with a bounce off something else.
Should I increase the angle of the play field?

#3 9 years ago

The slope of the play field is as they say in the manual. There is still plenty of power to make all long shots so I could
try a little steeper for a while.
Has anyone modded the area around the hole-in-one hole to make more shots drop?
Not sure I would want to but was considering it. The gofers already accuse me of cheating

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I used to have ngg prototype gofers. One was red the other was all brown.

That's cool. Do you have any pictures of them left? Mine need to have their teeth brushed, they're all black.
I need to find the time to clean the whole machine, hopefully this fall/ winter.

1 week later
#9 9 years ago

Aaaah, finally fixed it! I was having a problem with the up kicker that shoots the ball
into the pop bumper area. It would often need 5 or more tries to get the ball up and
sometimes it would completely get stuck down there.
Turned out that the coil was a bit loose and the wrong coil sleeve was installed.
It's now working great!

Next up is a rebuild of the upper flipper so I can make the jackpot shot a little easier.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Pigjes:

Reminds me of 2 sweet twin guinea pigs I had, who looked like Buzz and Bud!

It looks like they would give you a lot less trouble than Buzz and Bud.

1 week later
#19 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I swear trying to reassemble an NGG is a real nightmare.

What makes the NGG so difficult? I haven't started taking mine apart yet but I thought it looked
easier than say CFTBL. The play field is pretty empty. Anything I have to look out for?

1 month later
#37 9 years ago

Hmmm, That's weird. I've only had that happen once. The machine does seem to have a lot of places
for the ball to get stuck though. I guess that was bound to happen when you design a game that has
so many balls flying through the air. The previous owner of my NGG stuck a lot of rubber nubbins
where the ball can get stuck.

#39 9 years ago

I've found this info on stuck balls from Williams and it also mentions your problem.
Hope it helps!

Screen Shot 2014-10-26 at 12.01.33.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-26 at 12.01.33.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-26 at 12.02.00.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-26 at 12.02.00.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-26 at 12.02.11.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-26 at 12.02.11.png

1 week later
#42 9 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Thanks for all the info, guys! I've ordered a kit to stop the issue (of course it hasn't happened again since I put up this post!), some new rubber, bulbs, and cleaning supplies. Hopefully she should be spotless and in tip-top shape in another week or so!

Ugh, that reminds me I still have to shop mine. It plays fine but it's pretty dirty.

1 month later
#44 9 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Does anyone know how to reset the "Hole in One Champion' score and initials? I swapped in a 1.3 ver ROM chip awhile ago and had that reset everything back to factory specs. I've since put the settings were I want them, but I have not seen a way to reset or erase the 'Hole' display. Looking through all the adjustment pages on the machine or manual didn't reveal anything that would seem to do the trick. Thanks for the help!

Hmmm, never seen it either but I guess you could take the batteries out while the game is off.
You'll have to do the setting again though.

3 weeks later
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Achieved a new all time high for myself, only my second time to18th hole, almost got back to 3rd 9 hole challenge, I still love this game!

image.jpg 255 KB

It was great to finish the 18th hole but when I found out that I lost the bonuses for the holes and
had to start over I was really bummed. I'm wondering if you should just try to drain all the balls
before finishing the 18th with max multiplier.

1 month later
#93 9 years ago
Quoted from Droptargets:

Finally found and picked up my new gofers. Needs usual rubber Cleaning wheel decal etc.

IMG_20150204_072001814_HDR.jpg 276 KB

IMG_20150129_071540210_HDR.jpg 303 KB

Looks good! Congrats!

2 months later
#227 9 years ago

The old rivets can also be replaced by little bolts. It's a little bit easier.

1 year later
#504 7 years ago
Quoted from dawasa:

Is there suppose to be a blue round rubber at the end of this?

Mine doesn't have a rubber there and works fine. Never noticed it.

#516 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeffrey66:

even some I've never heard: "Hey! The game is violent enough!"

You hear this sometimes when you tilt the game.
Not that I ever do that though.

2 weeks later
#518 7 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

is it possible my gofer could be even with the playfield in the front but low in the back?

Anything's possible with these guys. Are the screws on top and under the playfield tight?

2 weeks later
#528 7 years ago

I think the multipliers only apply to the end-of-ball bonus. The jackpots and super jackpots go up every time you score them so a lot of them are needed to get that high. I'm personally having a hard time hitting the left ramp reliably for the jackpot so for higher scores I just try to get as many holes as I can and later on also try to get the bonus multiplier up.

#535 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Anyone have an idea why if I hit a hard, straight shot into the first lock under the middle ramp, it comes straight back out again? Slow, side shot will go in.
I had a look with a torch and can't figure why it is bouncing out?
Thanks

Make sure that the plate on top of the gopher is flush with the play field.
Otherwise the ball may bounce a little and come back out.
I think you can adjust the gopher up and down from underneath, but I have to check.

#538 7 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Just like real golf, you stink but having that one shining moment where you think you got it figured out.

Yep, hitting the balls straight and far and then thinking, this game is fun! Too bad it only lasts a few holes before everything comes tumbling down again and you feel like throwing your golf bag in the nearest lake.

1 month later
#607 7 years ago
Quoted from Robl45:

So I tested and the left inlane registers when I press down on the switch, and most of the time when the ball goes over but does miss sometimes. It missed once when rolling the ball when testing out of 5 tests or so and missed last night during the game. What have people done to make it more consistent?

My game has a few switches that are inconsistent. Especially the ones in the Golf cart loop and captive ball. I figure they must have worn out over the years and need replacing. Not that much work or expensive but I need to find the time to do it.
You just need to replace the body because the actuator arms can be swapped over.

1 week later
#613 7 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I'm hoping to join your club soon.
Robert

The more the merrier!

2 weeks later
#670 7 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Yes, and the game is really dirty.

Looks pretty nice in the pictures! Just play it in the dark and you won't notice!

1 month later
#749 7 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I'm still new to this game but some screwy things tend to happen, like in multi-ball on occasion you can shoot the middle ramp and jackpot goes off, doesn't happen often. should I be concerned or is this gofers? Think I've read that there were many bugs in the game that were never dealt with.

Mine gives the occasional 'bonus' jackpot as well. I believe the center ramp and the center lane of the driving range have the same sensor.
The game has many bugs. I wrote a rule sheet for the game recently and found a lot of strange stuff when I was experimenting with the glass off.

2 months later
#801 6 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

So my back-box connector is hacked, could someone tell me if the backbox ever changes during gameplay? Mine is just always on with the 5 random flashers working. In test mode GI strings 4 & 5 don't seem to turn anything on/off, just wondering if the backbox is wired wrong and I should look into it.

It's a WPC95 game so the two G.I. strings in the backbox are always on. That changed from WPC where all 5 strings could be dimmed. So the behavior of your game is normal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

4,800 (OBO)
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Marten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome?tu=Marten and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.