(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Marten

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,340 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by alveolus
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 294 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_8635 (resized).jpg
E3FE7B74-1B2A-47E9-AE09-6953CF19DDC4 (resized).jpeg
F1E586CB-051B-447F-8B3F-80D9E228C58F (resized).jpeg
IMG_8634 (resized).jpg
F9DCD5E0-83DC-4E26-86A8-40DB96AF0423 (resized).jpeg
fdc542ded500b6fac40ae5c586ce89f28ccea904 (resized).jpg
MRS-R (resized).jpg
9FE74C85-9326-4701-AD89-A0FA3335F99F (resized).jpeg
522A4706-60BD-4E28-971D-0DDDCC71D8E9 (resized).jpeg
5203E6F8-6728-42B4-8737-0CF926017AAC (resized).jpeg
943CD37F-8C73-4810-940C-CFCCB0BDA955 (resized).jpeg
446D5465-4C53-4DE4-9DED-99F88EF599D2 (resized).jpeg
MRS-R (resized).jpg
mrs_compare (resized).jpg
20190913_225938 (resized).jpg
NGG-proof (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoshinDC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#837 2 years ago

Anyone have a part number for the flap on the left (jackpot) ramp? Mines a little bent upwards and seems to be slowing the shot from the plunger.

#839 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I believe it's: 01-14745.1
But I've never seen one for sale. I suggest you measure the one you have and go to Marco and see if you can find something workable.
You may need to modify one from Marco or buy some flap material and make your own.
Robert

Thanks; I believe you are correct. Anyone have luck with a different flap? Where do people get the thin spring steel to make one?

2 weeks later
#854 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

... Also, should the left ramp sit on top of that post connected to the back wall?

Did anyone ever answer the question about the post in the back left of the back wall?

Mine also has the ramp pinned under this post, but it seems to put some flex in the plastic. How is everyone else's set up?

1 year later
#1100 1 year ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

which cointaker kit did you get for NGG? did you have to add/substitute any of the led's? are you happy with it? mine is still incandescent and I need to update it. thanks for the info.
-troy

Quoted from Schamattack:

I did cometpinball - TWIN 2835 in sunlight/frosted for all bulbs above/under play field except flashers. I ordered 60 of the #555 and 60 of the 44's, I then ordered the 10 smd 12v 5630 to color match the 12v flashers everywhere. I left the backglass standard bulbs, I hate the led bleed look up top. I personally love this look. the twins in sunlight looks perfect and doesnt blink you.

This is good advice.

I went with 1 SMD warm white frosted for most playfield inserts. One color change I made that I really like: I put 1 SMD frosted greens under every "DRIVE" insert, which makes it way easier to pick out what you're supposed to be hitting. I also put red under the extra ball, and orange under multiball. I matched a few red inserts too, not sure it's necessary, and I got double flex bulbs for the sand trap, single flex for the wheel indicator.

I like to brighten up the playfield to reduce glare and help when playing in a dark room, so I added OPMAX bulbs under the slings and ball return guide (6 total bayonet base). Get them in whatever white you did you GI (I went cool, but sunlight is very nice too). I also added spotlights to the sling posts and put opmax in them. I went with 5SMD for the rest of the spots in the game.

I used natural white 2 SMDs frosted in the backbox. Looks great and take stress off the GI connector. You can get independently flashing 455s for the backbox as well from comet. I got a mix of slow and fast blinking so they don't sync up.

I left my flashers incandescent. I've played a friends JP with LED flashers that were so blindingly bright they detracted from the game. If you do go for LEDs I'd go for the weaker ones.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer

#1102 1 year ago

The software is designed assuming that the auto launch will make it up the ramp (at least sometimes). Multiball has some logic disabling the jackpot when there's a ball being auto launched, but it's flaky and doesn't always work. I've shot a ball up the ramp legitimately right before an auto launch and got no credit for it (and also I've gotten credit for auto launched balls that make it up the ramp).

You might also check that your shooter tip is in good condition, and that the plunger sleeve is in good shape while you're looking into swapping out the shooter spring. I'd also get the spring that goes on the outside of the cabinet if you've been plunging it hard with your palm a lot. Waxing the playfield/shooter lane/ramp also makes it easier to plunge around the ramp. Changing the angle of the ball guide might help too, but it's really difficult in my experience to tell which way it needs to be moved.

I put a stronger spring on, but eventually took it off when I got everything else dialed in. Now I can almost always manually plunge around the ramp, and auto launch is probably about 50% as well.

Josh

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
CaƱon City, CO
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoshinDC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside