(Topic ID: 101269)

"ATTAAAACK!!!" No Good Gofers Club. All welcome.

By Marten

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,133 posts
  • 291 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by GoldenBear
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7E8F554B-7665-4393-B5A7-C7C1539FBD6B (resized).jpeg
DAC7E899-1D88-447B-B994-BBE86E8A2E9D (resized).png
36-50061-PL (resized).png
IMG_1647 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1646 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0053 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0055 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7882 (resized).jpg
IMG_8510 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8511 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5437 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2773 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2709 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JT-Pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1548 2 years ago

Hello all! I picked this game up this weekend as part of a package. Seller had already taken the playfield apart and the pictures were not taken or included. I have a bucket full of parts and the ramps. I was told by the seller that all the parts are here. Because the playfield has already been stripped I’m going to go ahead and wax and LED this thing. I need to order the LEDs and some new rubbers. I’m guessing I can get that here in a few days. What I need from someone or maybe someones.... are the pictures and experience to reassemble this bad boy since I didn’t take it apart and have no pictures.... thanks for any help on this.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1550 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

And a smoking deal you got on that package!! Congrats on that buy!!

Yeah. I saw the ad and called as fast as possible. Left in my pajamas!

#1553 2 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

I rebuilt a No Good Gofers about three to four years ago. I didn't restore it. I only rebuilt all the assemblies with a top side rebuild. No playfield restoration was performed. I have the images from this work but I would have to find them and sort them. Unfortunately I do not have the machine available to me. It is out on loan at a friend's place. He's not too far away if I absolutely need to view it.
To start with I would look at available images of the complete playfield and try to piece the puzzle together. The manual is also helpful in what goes where. Study the manual and read it - several times. I have found that the manual contains a lot of the information required to assemble a machine. Pay particular attention to the list of playfield parts and assemblies. Lots of great information there.
If you get stuck and need help you can either take it offline (message me) or keep it public and post it here. I think the back and forth would clutter up the thread though.

Thanks Victor! I need a few things I am about to hit you up about.

#1558 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

I did a playfield swap on a routed Gofers a few months back and took a bunch of before pictures.
I just uploaded 100 of them, as that was the limit.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/no-good-gofers/gallery
There are more though, and if you cant find a pic of an area you need send me a pm and Ill try to dig it up for you, or take a pic of my game.
Also! I think I forgot to mention in this thread that Cliffy now can make the flipper return guides! My return guide by the kickback was mushroomed a bit and I wanted a replacement, so he had me scan and measure the existing ones and made me a new pair. Pretty cool.
https://www.passionforpinball.com/FlipFrames/NGG-frames-001.jpg[quoted image]

Thank you! I’ll look into that. I can’t tell what parts I’m missing if any yet. It dose look like the ramp in front is gouged on the end..

#1565 2 years ago
Quoted from micmse:

My husband and I have a NGG delivered yesterday but unfortunately we have not really been able to play because there are some issues we were not expecting. The first one we fixed with a fuse but now the ball is going into the putting green and nothing happens. After a few seconds the machine starts to do the ball searching but is never able to find the ball.
We have tested the solenoids individually and the clubhouse kicker will fire once and then won't fire again until we test a different solenoid and come back to the clubhouse kicker. Unfortunately the store we bought this from is in California and we are in Missouri add that to pinball repair "newbies" and you have a house of upset pinballers. Any words of advice?

I do not have a lot of experience working on these newer games. But when I get any new game before I even turn it on I check all the fuses. Sometimes that’s not possible but, if it’s sat and hasn’t ran or in doubt.... Clearly that’s probably not the case hear from your post and I am sure you probably expected a working game I’m just saying in general.

I would look at the connectors on the power driver board and compare them to the manual and make sure that everything is plugged in correctly. I would also look for any burned connectors. Hope this helps and I definitely hope you get your game fixed!!!

1 month later
#1592 2 years ago

Hey everyone. I am looking for some help finding parts that my NGG is missing.

From the parts guid pictured I need:
two golf cart switches. #3
The ball guide. #4
The deflector #5
And the flag. #18

Let me know if you can pay with or know where to get any of these items.

Thanks all

954C5051-F3B3-48C8-8A88-73F5E3BFA393 (resized).png954C5051-F3B3-48C8-8A88-73F5E3BFA393 (resized).png
#1593 2 years ago

I also need the slam ramp flap. I see Marco has the whole ramp but anyone have just the flap?

#1595 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Cliffy has the ramp flap on his products pages.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/ngg_catch.htm

Awesome! And a few other nifty things! Thank you. One down.

Now just need the rest of stuff for my upper playfield. It the golf cart and new gofers get delivered from planetary today.

#1604 2 years ago
Quoted from JT-Pinball:

Hey everyone. I am looking for some help finding parts that my NGG is missing.
From the parts guid pictured I need:
two golf cart switches. #3
The ball guide. #4
The deflector #5
And the flag. #18
Let me know if you can pay with or know where to get any of these items.
Thanks all[quoted image]

Picked up a good used deflector. Still need the golf cart switches #3 the flag #18 and the ball guide #4.

Dose anyone have any good details post of the underside of the mini playfield. A couple of those especially around the golf cart switches would be great...
Thanks

#1610 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

I did a playfield swap on a routed Gofers a few months back and took a bunch of before pictures.
I just uploaded 100 of them, as that was the limit.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/no-good-gofers/gallery
There are more though, and if you cant find a pic of an area you need send me a pm and Ill try to dig it up for you, or take a pic of my game.
Also! I think I forgot to mention in this thread that Cliffy now can make the flipper return guides! My return guide by the kickback was mushroomed a bit and I wanted a replacement, so he had me scan and measure the existing ones and made me a new pair. Pretty cool.
https://www.passionforpinball.com/FlipFrames/NGG-frames-001.jpg[quoted image]

Do you have any of the mini playfield

#1613 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Sorry man I only really took pictures of the flashers to note the wire colors. Ended up getting a new mini playfield and not documenting anything because my switches didnt need any soldering.
https://imgur.com/a/O2Bgx1z
best I have

Thanks. Yeah those are not really what I need. I need some good pictures of the golf cart switches and how the golf cart is attached to the mini playfield. I also need some good pictures of the metal diverter ramp on the top of the mini playfield. Any dimensions for that metal piece would be great as I’m going to have to have it fabricated at this point. Same with switches for golf cart as I can’t find them anywhere...

#1615 2 years ago

Thank You so much!!!!!!! I’m working to get mine back together today and see what else I need. I was just referring back to the pictures posted on here by club members. And boom here these are! Thanks! I could not have got this close with out all the help!

So it looks like the golf cart switches are just screws with nuts under the cart and just a switch with the round part removed? Because I didn’t take the game apart and have never seen the switches... I just don’t know exactly what it looks like. Looks like just a modified stand up target.

#1616 2 years ago

Here is what I’m working with...

#1618 2 years ago

Well I’m going to need a few spacers or I’m going to have to make some brackets that are longer by about a 1/2 inch.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1620 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Those switches should have red round targets. They are usually riveted in place.

Yep! There are four switches hooked together for the golf cart. The two red ones that make the tires in front and the two golf cart switches in the back. I could not find the correct parts from the manual so I making them with what’s available. Those switches use to be blue. I cut the rivet off and cut down the backing bracket. I used the screw and washers from pictures above to gauge the distance and could see the backer didn’t go above the deck of the playfield. Golf cart should move nicely when put together.

#1622 2 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

JT-Pinball I would recommend test fitting your upper playfield now and checking that balls on the main play field don't hit the leading edge. I bought the replacement from PPS and had to heat and bend the front edge up about 3/8" because the ball was catching it. If yours is the same, it is much easier to do now than after everything is mounted.
[quoted image]

Thank you! I will do that as soon as I get the ramps back in. I’m hoping to get that done today.

#1623 2 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

JT-Pinball I would recommend test fitting your upper playfield now and checking that balls on the main play field don't hit the leading edge. I bought the replacement from PPS and had to heat and bend the front edge up about 3/8" because the ball was catching it. If yours is the same, it is much easier to do now than after everything is mounted.
[quoted image]

How did you heat it with out messing it up. Heat gun?

#1625 2 years ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

I have a homemade version of this, that run off my drill battery. It drains quickly, but I can usually 2-3 bends before I have to charge the battery.

Let’s hope mine is bent to the correct position...

#1626 2 years ago

Getting there. Just need to pull out Buzz and make sure all is good and replace the Gopher face. Bud is done! I absolutely love the gofer names! Lmao. Know what those guys were doing! Need a couple screws to put the post back in then the rest of plastics can go back on.

CC1AEF50-5CBD-4342-8781-6D5B471E02CD (resized).jpegCC1AEF50-5CBD-4342-8781-6D5B471E02CD (resized).jpeg
#1627 2 years ago

And I need to figure out where these go?

#1631 2 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

JT-Pinball - Here's the measurements and tracing for the ball guide. I converted it to an stl and printed one to double check and it looks pretty close. If the 3d model helps you as an example for fabricating the new one let me know and I can get you the file.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow! I have got to get me one of those printers! Holy smokes!

#1632 2 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

JT-Pinball - Here's the measurements and tracing for the ball guide. I converted it to an stl and printed one to double check and it looks pretty close. If the 3d model helps you as an example for fabricating the new one let me know and I can get you the file.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thank you! Let me see if I can find someone to print the model for me.

#1634 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

They go by the flashers at the bottom of the blue return forms.

Quoted from JWJr:

...above the flashers, so the flasher dome fits in the curve. They're to prevent ball hangs on the top of the domes.

Could someone send a pic? Sorry...

#1637 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Stole it from the forum and tried to zoom in...[quoted image]

Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

I have attached the picture. The other side is exactly the same.
Here is the bulletin
https://www.ipdb.org/files/4338/NGG_A_22599.pdf
[quoted image]

Totally not what I thought. Thanks guys!

#1649 2 years ago

Huge Thank You!!! and shout out to latenite04 I really appreciate everything you have done for me! This is a good dude folks!

#1653 2 years ago

Almost have those gofers!

059DCB41-C43B-4CCD-B03A-A3AEA476C0FD (resized).jpeg059DCB41-C43B-4CCD-B03A-A3AEA476C0FD (resized).jpeg
#1655 2 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

That looks great. You sure got that fabricated quickly.

In very large part to you!

One of my friends that owns the local arcade builds cars for a living. Guy he builds them for has a large packing co. They have lots of SS steel

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
4 months later
#1736 1 year ago

So I finally think I have all the part so make the final push to finish my gofers! I am needing some pics of the bottom of the mini playfield to help me get mine assembled. If someone could post a few that would be great.

#1737 1 year ago
Quoted from JT-Pinball:

So I finally think I have all the part so make the final push to finish my gofers! I am needing some pics of the bottom of the mini playfield to help me get mine assembled. If someone could post a few that would be great.

Disregard I figured it out

4 months later
#1788 1 year ago

Hey everyone! I’m looking for a part number. Yes I already looked in the manual but don’t think the number is correct. I’m looking for switch 73. It is a micro switch on the top side of the right ramp under the three flashers. Manual says it’s a magnet reed. But that is not the right switch. Mine stays closed sometimes and causes game to do random stuff.

#1790 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonic:

I believe that's just a common Cherry microswitch set in a overhang mount that is riveted to the ramp...right below the red flasher? If so, standard fare....
Matt

I figured that. Sometimes it isn’t easy to take off the wire form for the switch or the wire form winds up being broken. I was just going to buy a whole assembly from Marco et al. and be done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,800 (OBO)
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JT-Pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attaaaack-no-good-gofers-club-all-welcome?tu=JT-Pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.